What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boss trying to set me up on a date... (1 Viewer)

Why are you making this more difficult than it is? Go out. Have a few drinks and talk to this woman. If you don't click, just say so. happens. all. the. time.
I've no interest in her. Don't even want to go have a few drinks with her. Don't find her attractive. Would rather spend my evening sobbing and masturbating quietly in a corner.
You dropped the ball by not telling your boss that either she wasn't for you or you could have just said an old standby line of not having time for dating/relationships right now. Just go for the night, say it didn't click and be done with it. Then when you get home, you can sob and masturbate in the corner.
:goodposting:

I went to work and made no mention of it. Figured it'd die off. We had vague plans of 'next week' (this week, now). Boss brought it up again. Plan is now set in stone. Going to drinks with them Thursday. Boss told me she's just going to "chaperone", and whatever happens after that happens after that. Pretty sure I'm taking that as a 'Get wasted and bang my friend.' situation.

I like how you are setting this up for a great "I had a threesome with my boss and client" Friday thread.

Suddenly having several options just fall into my lap. Went to dinner with some friends for my buddy's birthday dinner a couple weeks ago. The ladies in the group decided we were going to a club. That really isn't my scene, but I was drinking and having fun, so ran with it. Some chick came up to me and told me her friend thinks I'm cute. I remember thinking she's cute, asian, and was wearing really tall heels, but I was pretty drunk. Could be a light skinned oompa loompa in the sunlight. Dragged her over to the group, danced for a bit, got her number, then we bailed. Sent her a message but didn't hear back until a couple days ago. She's been traveling a lot for work.

Saturday night I went out to some Mexican bar for a co-worker's birthday. I'm a tall, thin, kind of goofy looking white dude, so I really stood out at this place as being the only gringo on site. Some chick dragged me over and dropped me in her friend's lap where I proceeded to flail like a muppet in a vain attempt to make it look like I knew what I was doing. It's a miracle I didn't punch someone. Watching the other couples it looked like the dancing just involved a lot of moving the feet in short, quick, steps, and spinning around a lot. So that's what I did. Until she told me she needed to sit down because she was feeling dizzy. :lmao: Later that night I was trying to figure out which chick I had been dancing with. Not wearing my glasses + being many drinks in left me confused as to which chick I had danced with. I ultimately narrowed it down to two women, but honestly had zero clue which I had danced with. Wandered off to the bar and the chick who had dumped me in her friend's lap again told me to go find her friend. I stumbled over and still couldn't figure out who it was I danced with. Called over my friends and while we were figuring it out, some jester on stilts came out as an accordion started playing over the speakers. The jester started passing out long, thin, balloons (the type which are used to make balloon animals), and everyone started waving them in the air, having a grand old time. Except me. I sat at the bar and made balloon animals. I made a sword, a dog, and quite the mess as dozens of popped balloons littered my area while I pretended I had a clue what I was doing. California laws require bars to be shut down by 2:00 am, but it seems Mexican bars have an exemption. Two came and went with no last call, as the music and drinks continued. Around three in the morning, we figured out which chick I had danced with. She declined my offer to dance. Somehow parlayed this trainwreck into a number. We stumbled home from the bar around close to 4:00.

Asked Asian out for drinks Saturday. When I didn't hear back within a couple hours, I asked the Mexican out for the same day. She responded quickly. Meeting her about 8:30-9:00. Asian got back to after that and told me she's traveling again but will get back to me when she gets back in town. Pretty clear that's a brush off. C'est la vie.

Tonight is the night I'm supposed to meet her for drinks. Not going to remind the boss, and I'm working a different department today so unless she calls me to remind me and give me a location, I'll conveniently forget.

For the Arrested Development fans out there, let's go ahead and call this one Anne. I honestly cannot remember what she looks like or what her actual name

Need to cancel my Saturday date with the Mexican. A really good friend of mine whom I've seen once in the past five years is heading to Vegas.

Should I set up another date with the Mexican chick now? Ask if she can do Friday? Just say I'll be in touch when I get back? I've been on 3 dates the past two years, if that. I'm rusty as hell on this stuff, and wasn't especially smooth to begin with.

Wait? You've been on three dates in the last 2 years and you're thinking about the best way to avoid free ##### tonight? Yeah, I think telling your boss you don't like women would've been the right call.

Wait? You've been on three dates in the last 2 years and you're thinking about the best way to avoid free ##### tonight? Yeah, I think telling your boss you don't like women would've been the right call.
Yeah, if you really want advice, based on your history you should probably employ the George Costanza "do the opposite" routine.

But if you're gay, it's cool. I have friends who #### guys...in jail.

Three dates in two years and attempting to sidestep what seemingly could be a sure thing. I'm not buying and don't know what is going on here.

One of my parents became extremely ill during that time. It devoured almost every ounce of free time. Just couldn't find room for dating. I'm game to date again. I'm a friendly, outgoing person. While I don't expect ladies to throw themselves at me, I should be able to land some dates.

Need to cancel my Saturday date with the Mexican. A really good friend of mine whom I've seen once in the past five years is heading to Vegas.

Should I set up another date with the Mexican chick now? Ask if she can do Friday? Just say I'll be in touch when I get back? I've been on 3 dates the past two years, if that. I'm rusty as hell on this stuff, and wasn't especially smooth to begin with.
OK, first of all. Do you like men? Second, you are being way too picky about the boss' friend. Third, if you haven't seen this really good friend in 5 years, he isn't that good of a friend and you need to bone up on your game with the Mexican way more than seeing a friend you won't see again for another 5 years. Fourth, shouldn't the fact that your boss asked you if you like men send off a huge bat signal that you should be taking every opportunity that you get?

If you're not gay, NTTAWWT, you should probably take the gimme and clear our some cobwebs before you go on a date with somebody you actually like.

would you have to work with said female in the future? If so, there's your out. But count me in the crowd that says you are making a mistake if you don't go ahead and go. If nothing else, it says to your boss that you are a team player. Also, if you go and then say that you and the prospect just didn't click, boss may have some grade-A prospects in the future.

I met another chick last night. One of my buddies does concert photography. He got me a pass to go see GWAR last night and help him out a bit. After he got booted from his set, we went into the lobby with a couple other guys to put away the gear. Some short, cute, punk chick walked past. I made strong eye contact and smiled. Next thing I know she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the crowd, saying I "needed to have some fun". After a couple songs of us in the mosh pit, she gave me her number then vanished.

Never had women just approach me so brazenly. Karma seems to treating me extremely well these days. :unsure:

If you're not gay, NTTAWWT, you should probably take the gimme and clear our some cobwebs before you go on a date with somebody you actually like.
Excellent point. This is what I keep coming back to. You guys are right. I should give it a go tonight.

would you have to work with said female in the future? If so, there's your out. But count me in the crowd that says you are making a mistake if you don't go ahead and go. If nothing else, it says to your boss that you are a team player. Also, if you go and then say that you and the prospect just didn't click, boss may have some grade-A prospects in the future.
Using her boss as a pimp? Nice..

OK, first of all. Do you like men? Second, you are being way too picky about the boss' friend. Third, if you haven't seen this really good friend in 5 years, he isn't that good of a friend and you need to bone up on your game with the Mexican way more than seeing a friend you won't see again for another 5 years. Fourth, shouldn't the fact that your boss asked you if you like men send off a huge bat signal that you should be taking every opportunity that you get?
Really suspicious that he's willing to pass up a good looking Mexican girl for a 'friend' he hasn't seen in 5 years.

So on page one we have a 15 year old shooting down cheerleader tail and this guy passing up the easiest of lays despite not getting any for luck a year.

Wtf is going on.

I met another chick last night. One of my buddies does concert photography. He got me a pass to go see GWAR last night and help him out a bit. After he got booted from his set, we went into the lobby with a couple other guys to put away the gear. Some short, cute, punk chick walked past. I made strong eye contact and smiled. Next thing I know she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the crowd, saying I "needed to have some fun". After a couple songs of us in the mosh pit, she gave me her number then vanished.

Never had women just approach me so brazenly. Karma seems to treating me extremely well these days. :unsure:
And it's all because you are going to go out tonight with your boss and friend. It's a sign. Trust me.

You made strong eye contact with a girl at a GWAR concert. Nice.

Definitely pass on the free #####. You are on a roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using her boss as a pimp? Nice..
I mean, if we're not going to report it as sexual harassment, might as well go all-in

you live in the Bay Area?

Really suspicious that he's willing to pass up a good looking Mexican girl for a 'friend' he hasn't seen in 5 years.
Dude has been stationed overseas. The few times he's been home, my situation didn't allow me to travel to hang out (I moved several hundred miles from where I had been living when the illness set in). It's his 30th birthday. There's going to be another chick (though I'm gambling on her being willing to give me another shot).

So on page one we have a 15 year old shooting down cheerleader tail and this guy passing up the easiest of lays despite not getting any for luck a year.

Wtf is going on.
Whoa, chief. I said I haven't been on more than a couple dates the past two years. Probably had sex with 3-4 girls. That's quite the dry spell, but it's not nothing.

Yes.

Yesterday a lady I work with pulled me aside and said she wanted to ask me a personal question. She told me one of her clients/friends thought I was cute and she asked if I had a significant other. When I told her no, she asked if I like women. When I told her yes, she told me to go check out the client. She said if I had an interest, let her know and she'd introduce me. I saw this friend and while she's not ugly, she just doesn't do anything for me. I didn't say anything and figured that would be the end of it.

When I was leaving for the day, my boss stopped me and introduced me to her friend anyhow. She kept chatting and roped me into committing to a happy hour with them next week. Really not pleased she pulled that stunt, and not entirely sure how to dance out of this. Go to drinks with them, be civil and social, then duck out but claim I don't mix work with dating?
3-some? :yes:
Ugh, this is what I was thinking...

Rule #1 never crap where you eat... Run fast :(

Wtf is going on.
Whoa, chief. I said I haven't been on more than a couple dates the past two years. Probably had sex with 3-4 girls. That's quite the dry spell, but it's not nothing.
It's a dry spell for Arizona Ron...if you're talking a week.

Yes.
grab a drink with your boss and this broad, nobody is going to force you to bang her. perhaps after a couple of drinks you might feel differently around at least catching some head. my guess is the boss will leave after her second drink, just be honest with the clam and tell her you are not really into dating anyone right now and if she still wants to get it on make your decision then.

heck, you are in the Bay Area so getting steady tail should not be an issue and there is nothing wrong with having a gal like this one on a monthly text rotation when you need a release.

In the limited dating I did before I met my wife I did find that when I was with someone that I wasn't really interested in that much I actually did better in terms of how I acted (looking back to what I remember) and rounding the bases, so to speak. There is something liberating to your psyche going into it with the full knowledge that you really just don't care what happens.

In the limited dating I did before I met my wife I did find that when I was with someone that I wasn't really interested in that much I actually did better in terms of how I acted (looking back to what I remember) and rounding the bases, so to speak. There is something liberating to your psyche going into it with the full knowledge that you really just don't care what happens.
It's definitely good practice.

Yes.
grab a drink with your boss and this broad, nobody is going to force you to bang her. perhaps after a couple of drinks you might feel differently around at least catching some head. my guess is the boss will leave after her second drink, just be honest with the clam and tell her you are not really into dating anyone right now and if she still wants to get it on make your decision then.heck, you are in the Bay Area so getting steady tail should not be an issue and there is nothing wrong with having a gal like this one on a monthly text rotation when you need a release.
Is this actually a thing people say?

Yes.
grab a drink with your boss and this broad, nobody is going to force you to bang her. perhaps after a couple of drinks you might feel differently around at least catching some head. my guess is the boss will leave after her second drink, just be honest with the clam and tell her you are not really into dating anyone right now and if she still wants to get it on make your decision then.heck, you are in the Bay Area so getting steady tail should not be an issue and there is nothing wrong with having a gal like this one on a monthly text rotation when you need a release.
Is this actually a thing people say?
well, not to their face

Users who are viewing this thread