What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Lloyd Officially Traded to the Rams (1 Viewer)

dgr81

Footballguy
@mortreport

Brandon Lloyd to Rams is finally final. Sam Bradford and Josh McDaniels get themselves a receiver. More to come on @NFL32

Last edited by a moderator:
Lloyd fans should be stoked. It's a crappy defense with a good qb who is young (likely to lock onto someone), and no other viable targets.

he should catch on quick since he is familiar with mcdaniels offense. i think it's a nice landing spot for him.

This may reveal something about Mark Clayton and his recovery process. Perhaps he had a setback. Or maybe Clayton isn't the same type of player he was last year. In any case, Clayton is now off the radar.

This is a great move for Lloyd. Bradford is much more of an upgrade over Orton or Tebow for Lloyd's talents. Lloyd has sure hands and Bradford will lock onto him immediately given the number of drops from Stl WRs this year. Bump Bradford and Lloyd.

What do you think this does for Lloyd's value? He could be heavily targeted right away.
As a disappointed Lloyd owner, I am pretty happy right now. He will be the number one guy over there, will have a good qb, and of course a coach who is willing to sling the ball around.

Good for Bradford, bad for Tebow and Mark Clayton

Not bad for Alexander if he can stay on the field, should see one on one coverage against lesser DBs.

Interesting to see what this does for Decker. Wasn't looking good with Tebow back there, but now he gets bumped into the #1 role (at least for now). Royal and Thomas returning will be a wait-and-see.

I'm also curious about the Rams' plan for Lloyd after 2011. The Rams are 1-5 so they clearly do not perceive Lloyd as a rental. I bet they lock him up and sign him as Bradford's future WR1 in Stl.

I'm also curious about the Rams' plan for Lloyd after 2011. The Rams are 1-5 so they clearly do not perceive Lloyd as a rental. I bet they lock him up and sign him as Bradford's future WR1 in Stl.
Rams are actually 0-5. Good for lloyd in fantasy, dumb move by inept Rams if this ends up a 1 year rental.

How many TD passes does Bradford have this year? If I recall he had 1td in the last 8 games of 2010. How many in the 5 games this year?

im gonna look into buying bradford now. with lloyd and clayton coming back, he could have a great 2nd half of the season

im gonna look into buying bradford now. with lloyd and clayton coming back, he could have a great 2nd half of the season
He got dropped in my league last week. I don't have the money to get him after getting Tebow. I'm starting to regret the Tebow move. I agree Bradford could be real good the rest of the way.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Yet another official involved in trade talks between Broncos and Rams texted there is no trade done and there are a "lot of hurdles."

Probably should change the thread title until official?

Why is an 0-5 team giving away draft pick(s) for a 30 year old WR who will be a FA at season's end?

No more excuses for Sam Bradford...
I wouldn't go that far. It wasn't so long ago Lloyd had made a career of making the impossible catch look routine and the routine catch an adventure. Let's keep in mind he's been the league for nine years and has a grand total of one good season.

Buy Denarious Thomas? How do his skills mesh with Tebow's?
Demaryius - but yes. According to sources, Thomas will play for the Broncos in week 7. That, combined with the departure of Lloyd bodes well for his opportunity (and could suggest that he is healthier than some think). In terms of his abilities with Tebow - Tebow is rather innaccurate (at least currently) - D. Thomas at 6' 3" and 225 is a big target with good hands and a large catch radius. He's also tough to bring down. The Broncos should utilize a short passing game, which could very well play to Thomas' strengths (Tebow doesn't have to be quite as accurate, Thomas will catch it in even if Tebow's throws are a little off, then his YAC will come into play).I actually think that letting Lloyd go won't hurt the Broncos much at all - presuming the Thomas is healthy enough to contribute. Even if it is only at about 80-90% of what he looked like at times last season.

This should probably be discussed in a seperate thread, however.

They could have just signed him in the offseason.
perhaps they were able to work out an extension that they feel is favorable.
This and if another team had dealt for him, then no, they likely wouldn't have been able to sign him this offseason.

I'm kinda curious as to how this goes for Denver. Seems like the Broncos would get a decent comp. pick next year if Lloyd signs somewhere else, so why trade him for cheap? Don't remember compensatory pick scale with any accuracy, but if Lloyd gets a big deal from another club then wouldn't they get a 3rd-5th in compensation anyway? What's the motivation to deal him for essentially the same thing?

Why is an 0-5 team giving away draft pick(s) for a 30 year old WR who will be a FA at season's end?
:shrug: to save jobs....to help Bradford develop...to lock him up before he hits FA...
I think you hit the nail on the head with the bolded.Bradford is the franchise, and I'm sure the team does not want to kill his confidence any more than they might have with him running for his life and not having reliable receivers.

The only reliable option Amendola is done for the year, Alexander is basically a part-time performer, Sims-Walker is a bust, Kendricks drops almost everything (beyond yesterday), Gibson is mediocrity defined, and Salas may have some potential, but has a long way to go.

Glad I dealt for Lloyd about an hour ago.Sad I gave up Decker doing it...
Me too, but I kept Decker, and traded away DeAngelo Williams to get him. Bradford + Lloyd + McD = awesomeness :thumbup:
Since people care about my transactions: added D. Thomas. :)I think that's a good move right now if you have the roster space. I was glad to drop Denarius Moore to do it. Thomas, IMO, will be way more valuable than Royal coming back (assuming he's not in awful shape).

Users who are viewing this thread