What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low on Gore? (1 Viewer)

I'm offering Alexander/Driver for Gore/Evans in a redraft. No response yet. Guy's 1-5, so I'm hoping he'll deal.

I'm offering Lendale/Curry for Gore/Booker, will let you know how it works out. Hoping with Brown possibly out, he'll bite.

new-guru said:
Dynasty Thinkind Marion Barber and D. Williams for Gore.Any thoughts?
IMO,that seems like your giving up a lot. JJones may be gone next year and DWill may get the starting job next year.I know that's a lot of "may's" but w/ Gore's injury history not sure I would take that risk.

new-guru said:
Dynasty Thinkind Marion Barber and D. Williams for Gore.Any thoughts?
IMO,that seems like your giving up a lot. JJones may be gone next year and DWill may get the starting job next year.I know that's a lot of "may's" but w/ Gore's injury history not sure I would take that risk.
apprecitate the thoughts I can't figure why D. Williams isn't the man.

Addai is my RB1, MJD is RB2, and KJ is #3. I just traded Maroney.

I like Gore's upside in the second half, but I'm reluctant to part with Kevin Jones in a package assuming that Jones takes over full-time and doesn't have a setback with his foot. Jones was actually out-producing Gore until he got hurt (ppr). Something about that SF offense is scary. Plus Gore also has an injury history.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am thinking of making a move for Gore.

I'm just wondering if SF can really turn things around. Having Vernon and ASmith back will open things up a little, I'm just having a hard time gauging his value.

Using standard scoring his is avg. 11.8 pts a game and he rates as RB#18

FBG Top 250 has him well within the top5 going forward, as does the MyFGB forward projection.

Do you guys view him outperforming the likes of FWP, LJ, Willis, Westy, Bush, Ronnie, ADP, CP or even Edge? I guess we'll have to see KJ for a few weeks, but I'm inclined to favor him over Gore. Am I crazy?

I have some depth at RB and was thinking of packaging MJD and KJ for Gore and lower RB, but I'm really doubting myself.

Do you see him top 10 or even top 15 going forward?

Can anyone make a case for Gore finishing in the Top 10?

I offered the 1-5 Gore owner in our league (redraft, 1 pt/20 yds, all TD 6pts) a choice of :

Alexander/Ward for Gore/Evans

Alexander/Driver for Gore/Stallworth

Will let you know what happens.

Gore is primed for a breakout second half. Mark my words, I'm seeing a second half of about 800+ on the ground here guys.

BUY LOW!

In a keep 3 league, I offered Terrell Owens and a 3rd next year or Edgerrin James and a 3rd for him and was promptly turned down.

I find lots of guys get too proud when their picks/keepers don't pan out.

I offered to the Gore owner:

Portis/Boldin/Marshall

for

Gore/Driver

We'll see.

I was offered Portis and Santana Moss for Gore and Mike Clayton. I turned it down. I couldn't get the Betts owner to trade me Betts. I have Gore's backup and with Portis' injury history lately I couldn't feel comfortable pulling the trigger.

I countered by asking for MJD and Clayton for Gore/Clayton and he turned me down.

I then offered another owner Gore and TO for R. Brown and Andre Johnson and was turned down as well.

Lots of interest in Gore, just nobody willing to pull the trigger. Considering his schedule the second half, I'm kinda glad no one jumped on him:

@NYG NO @ATL @SEA STL @ARZ @CAR MIN CIN TB @CLE

All of the teams above in bold are 15th or worse in giving up yards per game. NO is 14th. The Giants 11th and only Minnesota is top 10. That's a pretty cake schedule.

All but the Vikes are in the bottom half of the league in rushing TD's allowed. NO, Zona, Cinci and ATL are all tied for 17th; Carolina, Seattle and TB are all tied for 21st; Giants are tied for 25th and St. Louis is ranked 31st in rushing TD's allowed.

I would say that all points indicate a strong second half...

I tried to buy low..the problem is no one is selling Gore low!
:hot: In one league I offered R.Bush (pre McAllister injury) & M.Lynch for him. The guy emailed me back and said that offer wasn't even worth my time typing it up.
I would have taken that deal for Gore.
1. How can you say that without seeing the rosters, if you needed depth at RB, etc.2. Thats a horrible deal for Gore in nearly every situation, especially 2 weeks ago.
Disagree completely. I'd take Bush and Lynch over Gore in many situations, especially now with Deuce out.

Someone in my big money league just traded:

Gore and Warner for Drew Bennet and Jason Campbell

The Gore owner was nervous about not having a QB this week. There other RBs are MBIII, Benson, B. Leonard and M. Turner

I'm trying like hell to veto.

Guess it goes to show you, what desperate people will do...

14 Team Standard PPR Scoring League

1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/3FLEX/1K/1DST

just did this:

gave

demeco ryans

chris chambers

jerricho cotchery

got

frank gore

derrick ward

laveranues coles

dynasty

I was thinking of offering Ocho for Gore in my 3 keeper league. He has already turned down TO, a 2nd next year and Faulk just for Gore. So he probably won't budge anyway.

I just traded MBIII, Brandon Marshall and Matt Schaub for Gore and McNabb. I have Owens,Holt,Edwards and McGahee,Parker,ADP and BigBen and Cutler at QB. Although I feel I gave up alot it didn't hurt my starting lineup and it was more of a swing for the fences trade. If Gore and McNabb right the ship and play up to their potential... I'm gold. IF they don't? Oh well they'll ride the pine like Marshall MBIII and Shaub would have.

I think Gore is about to begin a campaign of dominance on the NFL. He has ,arguably, the easiest schedule for a RB in the coming weeks. N.O., Atl,Seattle, St Louis, Az, Carolina, Cincy,Tb,Minnesota, Cleveland.

I'd expect at least 100 yards rushing, in 8 of the next 9 games, only Minnesota will trip him up.

should i trade portis for gore? redraft 14 team std scoring system-gore got hurt, is he even playing this week? have ther most points in my league but am 5 th place- lost 3 games in a row by total of 12 points

I was the one that offered R.Bush (pre Duce injury) and M.Lynch for Gore and was turned down flat. Well, guess who the Gore owner's other starting RB was?? Yep, Ronnie Brown...

So here I sit with J.Addai, M.Lynch, R.Bush, K.Jones, & C.Benson. I'm thinking the Gore owner will be a little more open to trading him now.

(disclaimer: 10-man league, experienced owners, start 2-RBs 3-WR's...I am RB stacked due to drafting RB's in 4 of the first 5 rounds. My WR's are a free agent work in progress.)

Your really not going to Trade Bush for Gore....
:)And I'll probably throw K.Jones in too if I can get a good WR to go with it.I'm not a Bush fan at all...I didn't want to even draft him, but he fell into my hands. He's like Brian Westbrook, but with only half the carries.I'd MUCH rather start Addai/Gore or Addia/Lynch or Lynch/Gore

I offered the 1-5 Gore owner in our league (redraft, 1 pt/20 yds, all TD 6pts) a choice of :Alexander/Ward for Gore/EvansAlexander/Driver for Gore/StallworthWill let you know what happens.
I got countered with :Gore, Lee Evans, and Donte Stallworth for Alexander, Hines Ward, and Marvin Harrison. I might have to pull the trigger as I also have Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith, and Donald Driver at WR. I would basically be sacrificing some depth at WR for an upgrade at RB1.

Just pulled the trigger on this trade for Gore...

I traded:

RB Jason Wright, CLE

RB Cedric Benson, CHI

RB Reggie Bush, NO

WR Shaun McDonald, DET

I received:

RB Ronnie Brown, MIA

RB Frank Gore, SF

WR James Jones, GB

WR Javon Walker, DEN

I wasn't starting Bush or Benson....I'm hoping J.Walker comes back 100% after his surgery...and I was dropping Wright for a DEF this week anyway, so now I'll drop Brown instead.

Tanner9919 said:
I think Gore is about to begin a campaign of dominance on the NFL. He has ,arguably, the easiest schedule for a RB in the coming weeks. N.O., Atl,Seattle, St Louis, Az, Carolina, Cincy,Tb,Minnesota, Cleveland.I'd expect at least 100 yards rushing, in 8 of the next 9 games, only Minnesota will trip him up.
I see 4 good matchups, 3 or 4 bad matchups, and a couple average matchups.

Tanner9919 said:
I think Gore is about to begin a campaign of dominance on the NFL. He has ,arguably, the easiest schedule for a RB in the coming weeks. N.O., Atl,Seattle, St Louis, Az, Carolina, Cincy,Tb,Minnesota, Cleveland.I'd expect at least 100 yards rushing, in 8 of the next 9 games, only Minnesota will trip him up.
I see 4 good matchups, 3 or 4 bad matchups, and a couple average matchups.
I see 7 good matchups (NO, ATL, SEA, STL, CIN, TB, CLE), 1 bad matchup (MIN), and 2 average matchups (ARI, CAR). Not sure I agree with your opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread