What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (15 Viewers)

Having a garage sale today.

Pet Peeve: going to a garage sale with a $20 bill or no cash.

Bring ones, fives, tens. Don't ask if we take Venmo. Jesus people, it's a garage sale. Everything costs like .50 or 1.00
Would you take a quarter?
Yeah for sure. We were priced to sell. Had many comments today about how this was a real garage sale and that our prices were what garage sales should be.

We made $650 bucks for people to haul away all our **** we didn't want. Booyah! :headbang:

The new digital SAT test is 'adaptive', meaning if you do well on the first math section, you get the harder version of the second math section. The College Board has been quoted as saying "students who get the easier section won't be disadvantaged".

What the !@#$% do you mean they won't be disadvantaged?!?!?! They got it because they did worse on the first math section. Not only should they be disadvantaged, but I'd argue that it should be impossible for a student getting the easier second section to get a higher score than a student getting the harder second section. Otherwise, it's possible that students would be helped by doing slightly worse on the earlier part of the test.

I can't even think of how the college board can do the math on scoring these correctly. If it's based on some kind of curve relative to the percentage of people who get each question right...well of course a lot of people are going to get the hard questions right, because none of the kids who are bad at math are being given those questions.

I'm not 100% sure that the college board screwed this one up really badly...but I'd put it at like 50/50. Will report back when we see whether all of my daughter's classmates in AP Calc are getting similar scores to kids who are a couple of years behind them in math classes.

Idiots who don't lnow how a four-way stop works.
Opened this thread to complain (again) about crappy drivers. People are seriously oblivious and apparently don't care if they get in a fender bender.

Dropping off my 5th-grader at school every morning is like a demolition derby. I enjoy the 5-10 minutes in the car with my boy every M-F but won't miss the idiot parents that make those mornings hell. Next year he's off to middle school and will walk or ride his bike.

Dropping off my 5th-grader at school every morning is like a demolition derby. I enjoy the 5-10 minutes in the car with my boy every M-F but won't miss the idiot parents that make those mornings hell. Next year he's off to middle school and will walk or ride his bike.
School drop offs are the worst. You got the entitled parents that think the rules set out by the school don't apply to them. Cutting through adjacent parking lots, dropping kids off in bike lane, skipping ahead in the line, dropping kids off in clearly marked no drop off zones. The worst

School drop offs are the worst. You got the entitled parents that think the rules set out by the school don't apply to them. Cutting through adjacent parking lots, dropping kids off in bike lane, skipping ahead in the line, dropping kids off in clearly marked no drop off zones. The worst

Yup. Here's a few of the idiots I encounter:

1. Some parent parked to drop off a good 2 car lengths behind the spot where you're supposed to stop and drop off
2. One truck in particular where the middle school aged girl has to open the passenger door, get out, open the "third" door, wait for her little sister to get out (which takes 20-30 seconds for some reason) then close the doors and get back in to go (a 1-2 minute process)
3. The Jeep that will stop in the middle of the street to let his kid out. No, not pulling over to the curb, just legit stops traffic so his kid can get out. A-hole!
4. Parents that drop off 2-3 cars behind the designated dropoff spot and then pull out of the dropoff queue but then create a bottleneck at where you exit the school lot. Nice job.
5. Cars that just pull out in front of you after dropping off at the curb. Almost slammed into someone doing this today.

There are more but this is a nice sampling of the day-to-day headaches....

Make your kids ride their bikes to school. Problem solved. No one I knew when I was kid ever got dropped off. That was a luxury afforded only to a select few.

Make your kids ride their bikes to school. Problem solved. No one I knew when I was kid ever got dropped off. That was a luxury afforded only to a select few.
My daughter's middle school is on a somewhat-busy 4-lane (2 each way) road but the majority of her way to school is through our neighborhood and where she crosses the busy-ish street they have a crossing guard before and after school. She rides her bike 90% of the time.

My son's school is the next neighborhood over and he'd have to ride his bike on a pretty busy street for an extended amount of time to get there. Plus we got him a new bike for Christmas which is just a smidge too big for him at this point so he sometimes has issues getting on/off. I'd hate for him to eat it trying to stop and/or get off, etc. So for the remainder of this school year he gets dropped off. I don't mind, since 3 out of the 5 days I'm going to work right after dropping him off anyways. Next year he'll traverse through the 'hood to go to the middle school... done with dropoffs forevah.

1. Some parent parked to drop off a good 2 car lengths behind the spot where you're supposed to stop and drop off
2. One truck in particular where the middle school aged girl has to open the passenger door, get out, open the "third" door, wait for her little sister to get out (which takes 20-30 seconds for some reason) then close the doors and get back in to go (a 1-2 minute process)
3. The Jeep that will stop in the middle of the street to let his kid out. No, not pulling over to the curb, just legit stops traffic so his kid can get out. A-hole!
4. Parents that drop off 2-3 cars behind the designated dropoff spot and then pull out of the dropoff queue but then create a bottleneck at where you exit the school lot. Nice job.
5. Cars that just pull out in front of you after dropping off at the curb. Almost slammed into someone doing this today.

I have to get through the drop-off line every morning to get to the staff parking lot, and sometimes have to try to get back to the office from another school near the end of the day. Add to your list:

6. Anyone who lets their child exit from the left side of the vehicle into the roadway instead of towards the curb/sidewalk.

7. Anyone who, instead of waiting in the single file line for drop off, drops off from the “through” lane, with every door opening up like a clown car and their kids now passing between cars that are trying to pull out.

8.-992. The lovely parents who form a double line from 20-30 minutes before dismissal, effectively shutting off the whole parking lot because it is somehow better to wait 40 minutes for your kid as “first in line” rather than to show up on time or 5 minutes after and wait like 3 minutes. I am going to rent a fake ambulance one day with upgraded air horns and sirens and run all those jerks out of there and make them all circle the block.

I have to get through the drop-off line every morning to get to the staff parking lot, and sometimes have to try to get back to the office from another school near the end of the day. Add to your list:

6. Anyone who lets their child exit from the left side of the vehicle into the roadway instead of towards the curb/sidewalk.

7. Anyone who, instead of waiting in the single file line for drop off, drops off from the “through” lane, with every door opening up like a clown car and their kids now passing between cars that are trying to pull out.

8.-992. The lovely parents who form a double line from 20-30 minutes before dismissal, effectively shutting off the whole parking lot because it is somehow better to wait 40 minutes for your kid as “first in line” rather than to show up on time or 5 minutes after and wait like 3 minutes. I am going to rent a fake ambulance one day with upgraded air horns and sirens and run all those jerks out of there and make them all circle the block.

I once tried to pick up my boys 30 minutes early to get to a dentist appointment and got stuck in the line. Why do these people waist there time waiting to be first?

My kids school is 6.6 miles away on some sketchy busy roads that I wouldn't even ride my bike on
Bus?
i wish
6.5 miles away and no bus? That's either illegal or private school, I'm assuming?
Public charter.

My kids school is 6.6 miles away on some sketchy busy roads that I wouldn't even ride my bike on
Sounds a lot better than my route when I was a kid. Don't forget your helmet kid!
Vivid memory...

We moved (new state, backazz country town) right before my HS Freshman year. Like a week prior to the first day. I walked to school, was about 3/4 mile I'd guess, so not far.

As I was walking home from maybe day 3 or so, I was approached by a carload of girls. They were driving, so I assume Juniors/Seniors. They were cat-calling me and wanting me to get in the car with them. I was scared ****less and started running until I got home. Not sure if they followed me.

No idea if it was harmless fun? A plan to murder me? My imagination, of course, always went to a 5-some. I never figured out who they were. I suspect they laughed at me in the school hallways the rest of the year.

:nerd:

Vivid memory...

We moved (new state, backazz country town) right before my HS Freshman year. Like a week prior to the first day. I walked to school, was about 3/4 mile I'd guess, so not far.

As I was walking home from maybe day 3 or so, I was approached by a carload of girls. They were driving, so I assume Juniors/Seniors. They were cat-calling me and wanting me to get in the car with them. I was scared ****less and started running until I got home. Not sure if they followed me.

No idea if it was harmless fun? A plan to murder me? My imagination, of course, always went to a 5-some. I never figured out who they were. I suspect they laughed at me in the school hallways the rest of the year.

So I'm going to say this as respectfully as possible. Because I know you are good people and I would never try to say something in a bad way to you as a fellow message board friend.

But:

you're a moron.

Vivid memory...

So I'm going to say this as respectfully as possible. Because I know you are good people and I would never try to say something in a bad way to you as a fellow message board friend.

But:

you're a moron.
he was young and naïve..

ripe for education from older, more experienced young ladies

Vivid memory...

But:

you're a moron.
he was young and naïve..

ripe for education from older, more experienced young ladies
Yeah... this "missed opportunity" haunts me to this day :D

ETA: It's more likely I'd be dead than have a great experience/story, but I digress...

Last edited:
Bus?
i wish
6.5 miles away and no bus? That's either illegal or private school, I'm assuming?

My kids public HS is 2.3 miles away and we have no busses

Bus?
i wish

My kids public HS is 2.3 miles away and we have no busses
Yeah, different standards for high schools vs elementary schools.

They were cat-calling me and wanting me to get in the car with them.

Kee, can I break this to you? If you were a freshman and you were scared enough that you ran away from the car, then I highly doubt they were calling you for a fivesome. The whole thing sounds like a disaster. You needn't worry any longer about turning tail and motoring on out of there. You probably did the right thing. That sounds like Dazed and Confused.

Of course, I wasn't there and what do I know—but it doesn't sound too promising.

They were cat-calling me and wanting me to get in the car with them.

Kee, can I break this to you? If you were a freshman and you were scared enough that you ran away from the car, then I highly doubt they were calling you for a fivesome. The whole thing sounds like a disaster. You needn't worry any longer about turning tail and motoring on out of there. You probably did the right thing. That sounds like Dazed and Confused.

Of course, I wasn't there and what do I know—but it doesn't sound too promising.
Oh, I agree... but the dream that they wanted me as a sex toy makes for a better story.

People that don't answer the question that I actually asked....

Example, talking with wife's friends. I ask a simple question...when leaving from here is afternoon rush hour as bad as the morning one?

I then get 2 wimmens telling me well you won't have to drive during that time if we do xyz and what about if you do this and that. Also maybe this....

So then I just ask again....and get a number of different answers that never told me the answer, finally the husband comes into the room.

I ask again, they start to get going again and he just stops them and says ...no, that direction only has morning rush. You would be opposite direction of the afternoon rush

:lmao:

Example, talking with wife's friends. I ask a simple question...when leaving from here is afternoon rush hour as bad as the morning one?

I then get 2 wimmens telling me well you won't have to drive during that time if we do xyz and what about if you do this and that. Also maybe this....

So then I just ask again....and get a number of different answers that never told me the answer, finally the husband comes into the room.

I ask again, they start to get going again and he just stops them and says ...no, that direction only has morning rush. You would be opposite direction of the afternoon rush

Answering a question with a question is my favorite (probably already listed that in this thread somewhere). Especially when it is a yes or no question. Don't try to figure out where I am going with my question, just answer the damn thing.

if you could tell my wife that i'm going for a walk after work tonight, i'd appreciate it. maybe a long walk. a forever walk.

if you could tell my wife that i'm going for a walk after work tonight, i'd appreciate it. maybe a long walk. a forever walk.

Head west, pick me up and let's walk towards the Pacific Thelma and Louise style, only slower and with more booze.

Users who are viewing this thread