What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

McFadden's fragility might be overstated. That was workhorse stuff yesterday, he also caught the ball and blocked expertly. He's a solid pro. He may revert to 2.5 ypc but he does everything.
People who claim he is incapable of staying healthy, tend to overlook that he played all 16 games in 2014. Now, while it is true that he unproduced, it was still an injury free season.
I think you're overlooking the fact that last year was the first in his 7 year career that he hasn't missed at least 3 games, and he averaged under 10 carries and 12 touches per game. The guy is fragile, and the odds aren't good of him holding up if he's the workhorse.
And Fred Taylor (aka Fragile Freddy) couldn't stay healthy either until he did and then was pretty much injury free for the remainder of his career. Also Demarco Murray was supposedly made of glass until last year when he started all 16 games and broke Emmitt Smith's team rushing record. No one can predict injuries and there is no data or studies I am aware of that prove that players who have been injured in the past are more likely to be injured in the future.
Not sure what they have to do with McFadden, but both of those guys only had 3 injury plagued years vs. 6 for McFadden, and Fred Taylor was not "pretty much injury free for the remainder of his career"- he had 2 consecutive 16 game seasons, then never played a full 16 again (two out of 13 career years). Those guys also handled a full workload when they stayed healthy, unlike McFadden (to date).

I'm not saying he can't stay healthy with a full workload, but the reality is that he hasn't. That's a fact, not an overstatement.

McFadden's fragility might be overstated. That was workhorse stuff yesterday, he also caught the ball and blocked expertly. He's a solid pro. He may revert to 2.5 ypc but he does everything.
People who claim he is incapable of staying healthy, tend to overlook that he played all 16 games in 2014. Now, while it is true that he unproduced, it was still an injury free season.
I think you're overlooking the fact that last year was the first in his 7 year career that he hasn't missed at least 3 games, and he averaged under 10 carries and 12 touches per game. The guy is fragile, and the odds aren't good of him holding up if he's the workhorse.
{sigh} This does feel like the Denver RB scenario last year. It's basically musical chairs.

Reminder: Dallas had the 5th most RB FFP scored (non ppr) going into yesterday, I'm sure McFadden's day just pushed that up further. It is a running game worth owning, if it can be owned.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Randle misses time, I assume Dallas will have a 3rd RB dress for game-day. I wonder if c-mike will be #2 or #3 on the depth chart at that point.

CMike actually looked good when he got his chances. He's just not as trusted as DMC is. Ask yourselves honestly, if your season is on the line and you need a trusted RB to not make mistakes and can read holes and push the ball up the field... are you choosing DMC or CMike?

You're choosinf the vet... AS LONG AS HE IS PRODUCTIVE.

That's always been the qualifier. CMike has climbed the depth chart, he's getting his 1st string practice reps and now he's waiting in the wings for the guy(s) above him to falter.

DMC performed well vs Giants. He likely won't against the Hawks. Do they stick with him even when he's hitting a wall?

CMike actually looked good when he got his chances. He's just not as trusted as DMC is. Ask yourselves honestly, if your season is on the line and you need a trusted RB to not make mistakes and can read holes and push the ball up the field... are you choosing DMC or CMike?

That's always been the qualifier. CMike has climbed the depth chart, he's getting his 1st string practice reps and now he's waiting in the wings for the guy(s) above him to falter.

DMC performed well vs Giants. He likely won't against the Hawks. Do they stick with him even when he's hitting a wall?
I agree, trust is the biggest issue right now. And without Romo and Dez, they're trying to find SOMEONE to trust, and that isn't going to be c-mike at this point. Like other people have said, once Romo and Dez are back, then I think c-mike will be given a longer leash and get a chance to get into the flow of the game.

I think dallas went into the game willing to give the hot hand the bulk of the work. McFadden was great. They couldn't take him out. Less of a negative against Michael than a positive for McFadden

I think dallas went into the game willing to give the hot hand the bulk of the work. McFadden was great. They couldn't take him out. Less of a negative against Michael than a positive for McFadden
This is wishful thinking. McFadden is the guy. He put a stranglehold on the job yesterday. I'm cutting bait on c-mike. some other lottery ticket can warm the end of my bench

ITT- lot of guys so secure at RB they arent interested in a lottery ticket on a potential starter off the waiver wire. And still fill the need to raise the temp of the Pool a couple degrees.

What constitutes "looking good?". Admittedly, I didn't watch the game yesterday. That stat line is horrendous.
I think he had a 15 yard run. That one looked pretty good. I think it's one of those cases where the O-line is playing better so anyone with talent can run the ball well there but, unfortunately, he has two people ahead of him who were running effectively. So C-Mike owners (I was one :ph34r: ) are hoping they give him a shot because "reasons". Even if he IS given the shot and plays well, the chances of him becoming the guy are somewhat slim since so many cases were made for a committee last night. It'd be like owning a Giants back. Which one are you playing? One of them? ALL of them?

Come on guys, Cmike will get his shot. It's only been 7 weeks into the season and he got 5x the carries he got the game before! Are you really going to go against Bloom and co.'s advice? He has season changing potential! Unlike that bum Charcandrick West!

This is wishful thinking. McFadden is the guy. He put a stranglehold on the job yesterday. I'm cutting bait on c-mike. some other lottery ticket can warm the end of my bench
McFadden will break, Randle is broken. I say he is still a hold IF you can afford to hold him.

The reasons why you are holding him are simple, Dallas is a offense that is built for and dedicated to run. The reason C West was hold despite a bad first week was Reid's dedication to the run.

I'm not looking at his measurable at this point. I am looking at a possible RB in a run oriented offense.

When guys like Charles and Foster go down with season ending injuries you should hold a guy that may get the opportunity. In this case the lottery ticket is as much the situation as it is the talent.

If you NEED a guy or production now, then you cut bait.

Well done, now he's guaranteed to get hurt next week.

ITT- lot of guys so secure at RB they arent interested in a lottery ticket on a potential starter off the waiver wire. And still fill the need to raise the temp of the Pool a couple degrees.
I would be interested in a potential starter off the waiver wire, but not sure what that has to do with this thread.

wormburner said:
Good grief, what has to happen for this thread to die? Please, just let us guppies drop him tomorrow morning so you "sharks" can dangle the next carrot in front of us.
it will never die - again - Dallas was on a bye week - on that Sunday when everyone is posting like mad discussing the day's games - this thread was STILL on the front page.

tandl71 said:
Christine Michael has a bright future wearing Superman costumes in Fort Worth Honda commercials.
Dude that's worth 10 points in my league. Was gonna drop him tomorrow but now I'm keeping him

Alexanderson said:
The talk about CMike on the Audible is getting downright embarrrasssing. Borderline hoping for injuries. It's incredibly awkward.
What's embarrassing is how defenders are going to look trying to tackle Cmike

PatsWillWin said:
ATB said:
now he's waiting in the wings for the guy(s) above him to falter.
The hallmark of a great player.
post of the month.

Classic.
Wasn't CJA a third-stringer last year? He won many FF players a championship. Charcandrick West may help some owners this year.

Great players don't necessarily come off the WW. Potential starters behind a great O-line do.

shady inc said:
ATB said:

I agree, trust is the biggest issue right now. And without Romo and Dez, they're trying to find SOMEONE to trust, and that isn't going to be c-mike at this point. Like other people have said, once Romo and Dez are back, then I think c-mike will be given a longer leash and get a chance to get into the flow of the game.
Everyone wants a low IQ guy responsible for picking up blitzes and protecting their franchise QB.

Haha I knew it was coming - from the Week 8 upgrades/downgrades

RB Holding Steady -

RB Christine Michael, DAL - Michael's opportunity came in the form of a Joseph Randle injury and Darren McFadden took it. The bye week hype amounted to nothing in Week 7. Michael is still more than capable and at least the Cowboys running game is on track, and with Joseph Randle missing time, Michael is a Darren McFadden injury away from being the #1 back.

Meanwhile, Woodhead piles up over 100 yards and 2 TDs and doesn't even get a shout out.

jurb26 said:
shady inc said:
If Randle misses time, I assume Dallas will have a 3rd RB dress for game-day. I wonder if c-mike will be #2 or #3 on the depth chart at that point.
Do they have anyone to call up from practice squad?
I believe they signed Rod Smith after the Seahawks dropped him. I think he's on the roster but had been inactive since.

shady inc said:
Well Lucky Whitehead is the #2 right now...
Whitehead is listed as a WR on the cowboys website and ESPN. He's also 5' 9" and 180 lbs. I don't think he's the #2 RB.
I was joking - he had almost as many carries (4) as Michael (5) - and 17 more yards.

I was likely going to cut him this week but the Randle injury has made him a hold for a week or two until something better comes along.

The tough part for Michael owners is that even if you bank on a McFadden injury it very possibly won't happen until after Randle is ready to return. Unless news comes out that Randle is out for an extended period (not sure an "oblique" injury will cause that) Michael still looks like he may even be in a time share with what's his face (not McFadden or Randle but that other guy...seriously what's his name?) for #2 or #3 reps at best. Even if both Randle and McFadden are out it looks like Michael may be in some kind of time share with what's his name and the way everything is playing out so far it's highly likely that if McFadden and Randle are out a Pierre Thomas type player gets brought in and frankly at this point I don't have enough faith in Michael to be confident the Cowboys wouldn't give that veteran the first team touches.

Not sure if he is worth cutting with what is on the wire but I am going to try and sell him to the Randle or McFadden owner for handcuff value.

Haha I knew it was coming - from the Week 8 upgrades/downgrades

RB Holding Steady -

RB Christine Michael, DAL - Michael's opportunity came in the form of a Joseph Randle injury and Darren McFadden took it. The bye week hype amounted to nothing in Week 7. Michael is still more than capable and at least the Cowboys running game is on track, and with Joseph Randle missing time, Michael is a Darren McFadden injury away from being the #1 back.

Meanwhile, Woodhead piles up over 100 yards and 2 TDs and doesn't even get a shout out.
I knew it was coming too. I laughed when I read it. Hoping for an injury. I thought the FBG website might break if he wasn't upgraded... I'm actually surprised he wasn't upgraded. They could have touted the fact that his carries increased by 5x and Randle is hurt so of course Michael is going to be an upgrade right? Although I don't know how much more you can upgrade him... How does a guy get upgraded 5-6 weeks in a row (one of them a bye week no less) and have a total of 7 carries... Smh.

The upgrades/downgrades are a joke. Woodhead not getting a mention is icing on the cake. Furthermore, between Bloom and Lammy has either one ever been right on their sexy pick for RB? Bloom is approaching Lammy status (it's Tatum bell! No wait Hillman is going to be a HOF. Ok never mind it's Ball he is amazing), with this Cmike dribble.

shady inc said:
ATB said:

Everyone wants a low IQ guy responsible for picking up blitzes and protecting their franchise QB.
You're probably right ... how many smart people are willing to throw themselves in front of a raging 280lber with 4.8 speed

Alexanderson said:
The talk about CMike on the Audible is getting downright embarrrasssing. Borderline hoping for injuries. It's incredibly awkward.
FF is out of control. It really is. And weekly will be banned soon too. It's legalized gambling. I can't go a freaking minute on Sunday without my kid hearing about Draft Kings and Fandual. It's totally and utterly out of control.

It tests ethics and class in how we conduct ourselves discussing guys hitting each other for a living and it's down right embarrassing when I hear anyone wish an injury upon another human being so their fantasy team can get a boost.

****ing disgusting human behavior at the highest level of no class.

Sorry for derailing this incredible thread for news and updates on the RB god known as CMike.

Users who are viewing this thread