What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

Couple of AQ walk questions

1. If my priority is DE (which it is), then I shouldnt expect to really accumulate too much elix right?

2. What is a good amount of DE to rake in per day. I started with 88,000 yesterday and with raids, being raided and pumps, Im at 122,803 today. Seems OK for a one day rake, Im sure the pros do it better

3. For TH11 guys, if you use a AQ walk WITHOUT DE troops, can you post your comp. Right now Im at 5 healers, 16 giants, 8 wbs, 12 wizards and the rest archers. Im not interested in using Witches or golems.

AQ walk for maxing out DE the top priority is

• Make sure she doesn't die.  If she's going to take damage that you can't overcome dump out of the raid unless you can't raid again anytime soon.  
  • Bears repeating.  Make damn sure she doesn't die.  You may need to dump out of a monster occasionally.  That's ok.
  • You won't accumulate much elixer, no.  At the TH10 and higher TH level you will be likely dropping at least 4 elixer spells, often times 5 and 4-5 healers so the total elix spend can exceed 300k.  The star bonus helps some.
  • Try to net at least 4000, but really 5000 is practical per raid.  At that point it's just a matter of how many raids you can make a day. Gemming spell factory is nearly mandatory if going to be raiding alot.

Edit: your comp seems fine for lightweight DE spend.  I would use 20 minions at a maximum when using loons on the front end.  

Last edited by a moderator:
AQ walk for maxing out DE the top priority is

• Make sure she doesn't die.  If she's going to take damage that you can't overcome dump out of the raid unless you can't raid again anytime soon.  
  • Try to net at least 4000, but really 5000 is practical per raid.  At that point it's just a matter of how many raids you can make a day. Gemming spell factory is nearly mandatory if going to be raiding alot.
Figured the gemming of spells was necessary. I have not done a raid where she survived yet. Are you constantly dropping cups or can you get the 50 plus keeping her going. She dies, I reload spells, she wakes up and I go again every two hours or so. Not sure I can get the DE and keep her alive. That seems like you have to look for very specific bases

Figured the gemming of spells was necessary. I have not done a raid where she survived yet. Are you constantly dropping cups or can you get the 50 plus keeping her going. She dies, I reload spells, she wakes up and I go again every two hours or so. Not sure I can get the DE and keep her alive. That seems like you have to look for very specific bases
You are going to dramatically hurt your DE rate of return if letting her die.  Lots of times I try to just let her walk the perimeter without ever going into the core and let the rest of the troops do the core dive for the DE.  Having the queen get the DE usually would put her in danger of catching an inferno beam.  Priority 1 is when hitting a base have a plan such that she will never see an inferno.  Priority 2 is figure out how to funnel the rest of your troops to the DE in core.  You have 30s to figure it out, if can't just next it.  

If you watch the replays I posted that's nearly exactly how I would farm.  Queen walks the edge, gets the aq and cc, then the rest of the drops deal with the rest of the base.  It also turns you into an animal for war because you just need to get a little heavier on the core team and it's 3*.  

I will watch your replays. But your AQ40 will live a lot longer than mine

And I dont think I will ever be quick enough to keep an eye on her health and the rest of the attack to get the DE

I will watch your replays. But your AQ40 will live a lot longer than mine

And I dont think I will ever be quick enough to keep an eye on her health and the rest of the attack to get the DE
Sounds like you need to be more selective picking targets. Only go after bases where no more than two point defenses will be targeting your queen at the same time.

Nothing wrong with AQ getting killed. Takes just as long for boosted spells to finish as it does for a boosted AQ to wake up. 
That is going to depend on the level of the queen.  Also when spells are boosted you can get going with rages right away, you don't have to roll a full spell deck.

That is going to depend on the level of the queen.  Also when spells are boosted you can get going with rages right away, you don't have to roll a full spell deck.
4 rages = 120 minutes / boost = 30 minutes

AQ40 = 108 minutes / boost = 27 minutes

Unless you go in really short handed (3 of 5 spells), letting her die is just fine.

Two spells is plenty to do damage with a live queen and full camps. For some reason can't make quote function work. 

Couple of AQ walk questions

1. If my priority is DE (which it is), then I shouldnt expect to really accumulate too much elix right?

2. What is a good amount of DE to rake in per day. I started with 88,000 yesterday and with raids, being raided and pumps, Im at 122,803 today. Seems OK for a one day rake, Im sure the pros do it better

3. For TH11 guys, if you use a AQ walk WITHOUT DE troops, can you post your comp. Right now Im at 5 healers, 16 giants, 8 wbs, 12 wizards and the rest archers. Im not interested in using Witches or golems.
I'm max th10, raid with aq walks.

Comp:

5 healers

18 furs

16 wiz

8 wbs 

usually 7 furs and poison (for full cc) in cc

wont attack without 2 rage and a jump to get ground troops into core. Raid every 1.5 hours or so.

4 rages = 120 minutes / boost = 30 minutes

AQ40 = 108 minutes / boost = 27 minutes

Unless you go in really short handed (3 of 5 spells), letting her die is just fine.
I concur.  You have to take what some of these guys are doing with a grain of salt.  They are (in fbgs realm) extreme raiders.  Acer, you, from what I can tell, are *not* extreme.  So, the amount of DE you raked in seems perfectly fine to me and in line with what I get.  It is the most efficient way to get DE that I have used.  I raid every couple hours from work and still profit DE.  I've never had a 165K DE day or whatever Ani talked about.  Heck, I don't even have 60K DE days.

If Coral asks me "How many aq-walks have you killed?", I would have to answer "just about all of them..."  :D

AQ walk is so effective you don't have to raid much. De just overflows so only if you are committed to gemming time there's not a big reason to make more than 4 or so raids a day or you will max de before king wakes up.

AQ walk is so effective you don't have to raid much. De just overflows so only if you are committed to gemming time there's not a big reason to make more than 4 or so raids a day or you will max de before king wakes up.
So then why are you so adamant about not letting her die if you only need 4 raids a day? 

Has anyone not been attacked as often. I have not been attacked all day today. That has never happened to me. I was attacked twice yesterday but both times, I had enough time to attack after my last one

Has anyone not been attacked as often. I have not been attacked all day today. That has never happened to me. I was attacked twice yesterday but both times, I had enough time to attack after my last one

I've gone multiple days without people hitting me for real.  A few trophy drops here and there.  The range between masters 1 and champs 3 is really pretty inactive as a rule.  

I've gone multiple days without people hitting me for real.  A few trophy drops here and there.  The range between masters 1 and champs 3 is really pretty inactive as a rule.  
hmm, i did just drop from champs 2 to champs 3. interesting

Champs 3 Masters 1 was the prime area for TH snipe bots to reside.  Now that those people are gone the vast majority of the active players in that trophy range have pushed way down.  Been an absolute loot bonanza as a result.  TH9 get rekt everytime they log off but they still kill it.

As a TH9 that has been doing it for months and is starting my last hero upgrade tonight, I vehemently disagree.
Well, great.  DE has never ever been easier to get than it has been since the update.  There's nearly no wrong way to do it with the queen healer.  I've seen 9s pull 85-100k a day no sweat.  It's hard to push up into that 50-100k a day range letting her go get a tan unless you start gemming regen time and other things.  

Stop this queen healer talk and just use giant goblins!!! 
But I like burning through great piles of money with super slow reload times with an attack that's centered around the one troop your probably grinding that DE for! I don't see the problem with that... None at all.

(shhhhh, just let them be crazy)

What's the army comp, spells, and deployment? 

Thanks, asking for a friend.
I use 20 Giants 4 wbs 16 archers rest gobs. With cc of Giants 

3 heal 1 rage 1 jump. You are looking for how your gobs will path to the DE tank. Best bases are the ones that have lots of compartments so you can funnel them easily. 

I'm going to start doing that more. But on the goblin deployment, use 2 and/or 3 finger drops to get 'em going faster.
I did try this while testing, and I found more downsides than good sides... With a single file line, you hit a big bomb that the Giants didn't set off and you loose a handful, but not the end of the world... Two or three streams, hit a big bomb and you loose significantly more. I'm also looking at where the gobs are targeting during release to make sure they are heading in the direction I want them and sometimes moving the release point in minor directions to do so, which I find it hard to keep track of multiple targets for multiple streams simultaneously.

But hey, do what works for you! :)

Well, the TH9s are getting bored.  Big wars have the 9s clear with like 8 attacks to spare.  The first few wars that started using this was a disaster for the 9s.  The have completely forgotten how to lure and deal with CCs.  
I mean TH9 level is awful and has been out for years. No wonder people are bored. How about they upgrade their TH instead of destroying everything with 30/30 heroes. 

Beerguzzler said:
I mean TH9 level is awful and has been out for years. No wonder people are bored. How about they upgrade their TH instead of destroying everything with 30/30 heroes. 
Th9 is by far the most balanced point of the game. You are on an island saying its awful. 

Have been trying GiGob and would love to hear if/how others are dealing with my issues...

Takes 60 minutes for Jump + Rage to cook.  Are you gemming 24/7?

It's net negative on Elixir (spending ~150k and pretty much never get two storage units).

I get raided after every third attack while I wait for troops/army -- making the net negative Elixir loss worse.

Even if I gem spells I'm only attacking about twice an hour.  So average DE gain is maybe 4-6k per hour (Silver I, TH9).

Am I doing it wrong, or are these just things people are willing to live with?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread