What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (9 Viewers)

espn predicts 6-10 at this point

bleacher report predicts 2-14 - that seems way the hell out there
In all honesty, who really pays attention to anything from Bleacher Report
they are infinitely better than the scabs on espn
Well, I can see my question has been answered :lol: !!!
They used to be as bad as Rotoworld. Bloom and Lammey started writing over there and it is getting better.

espn predicts 6-10 at this point

bleacher report predicts 2-14 - that seems way the hell out there
In all honesty, who really pays attention to anything from Bleacher Report
they are infinitely better than the scabs on espn
Well, I can see my question has been answered :lol: !!!
They used to be as bad as Rotoworld. Bloom and Lammey started writing over there and it is getting better.
Yep, big fan of Matt Miller's too.

9-7 (a step down for my original 10-6)

Gordon top 3 fantasy finish

Watkins top 15
I don't see it. Especially if Watkins comes on board.

Browns were #1 in NFL in pass attempts last year. Were 30th out of 32 in rushing attempts.

Them signing Tate and and Pressley makes me think it balances out more this year. Add Watkins to the equation and Gordon won't come close to last year's numbers.

I see a jump in Gordon's TD numbers... yards to decline.

I think the offense picks up considerably from last season if Watkins comes on board, w Tate keeping teams honest

Ugh. I don't like this schedule at all. I originally had thought it could be a 9 win season, maybe more. Now I'd be happy if they start 1-3. I'm afraid they're going to be shell-shocked by the time the easier games arrive in the middle of the season. No favors from the league this year.

@ Pit - W

NO - L

Bal - L

BYE

@ Ten - W

Pit - W

@ Jax - W

Oak - W

TB - W

@ Cin (Thur) - W

Hou - W

@ Atl - L

@ Buf - W

Ind - L

Cin - L

@ Car - L

@ Bal - W
I guess I am feeling a little optimistic this morning but I'm with Soulfly here. I kinda like the schedule. I see a win over Pitt, then a loss to NO and Balt. A bye week followed by an easier stretch that I really believe we can win the next 7 after the bye. I think an optimistic outlook is 10-6. I may just be on the cool aid but those are very winable games IMO. I think 8-8 or 9-7 is a realistic number. But I think the possibility is there for better. Good defense got better and an offense that is definitely better IMO.
Anyone remember the last time the Browns beat the Steelers twice in one season?

Yeah, me neither.

(Record against them the past 20 years: 6-32.)

Brown are not really going to spend a top 5 pick on a WR are they?
If it's Watkins and we don't have to trade up to make sure we get him......I'm fine with it. I was a fan the minute he stepped on the field at Clemson.
Seems so ridiculous to not take a QB or a stud OT or a guy like Mack just to take a #2 receiver.
WR makes a bit of sense if they believe Gordon will be suspended sooner rather than later.but personally i believe that Robinson is the best play at the 1.4.

Improved defense. Improved defensive coaching

This team has trouble scoring.

Watkins makes 110% sense to me. But I do think we rate Robinson slightly higher

If it's Watkins and we don't have to trade up to make sure we get him......I'm fine with it. I was a fan the minute he stepped on the field at Clemson.
Seems so ridiculous to not take a QB or a stud OT or a guy like Mack just to take a #2 receiver.
number two wr doesn't really tell the story with Sammy.

Anyone remember the last time the Browns beat the Steelers twice in one season?

Yeah, me neither.

(Record against them the past 20 years: 6-32.)
umm, so? Well damn, guess we better just pack in in and FF.

Hey, anyone remember the last time Seattle won a super bowl (imagine me asking this in december)? Yeah, me either.

Seems 10x more ridiculous to draft a crap QB at 4.

so now all of the qb prospects are crap, ok.

So-far, we've brought in the following quarterbacks for private visits:

Connor Shaw, Jimmy Garoppolo, Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Derek Carr, Aaron Murray, Tom Savage.

We're conducting thorough do-dilligence. We are going to take at least one QB in this draft.

The list of QBs includes three guys who project to go in the first round.

With three of the top 35 picks we don't have to take one with the fourth pick or even at twenty-six.

I am hearing things from different sources that makes me more-and-more convinced that we don't go quarterback at four.

I'm crossing off at least two of the top three QBs which means we are looking at Carr or possibly Bridgewater at #26.

Both Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks mocked the Browns to take WR Sammy Watkins at #4 and for QB Teddy Bridgewater to fall to us at #26 so that could happen or something similiar.

That list of QB visits tells me two things. We are taking at least one quarterback and with a list that long it tells me we're not sold on any of them with the #4 pick.

MAC_32 said:
ghostguy123 said:
RBM said:
eric rymer said:
RBM said:
so now all of the qb prospects are crap, ok.
I kinda think so. Basically the way I view it, if I dont think they will be a top 10 QB in the league, then it's a crap pick at 4

RBM said:
I've been following this thread and wondering the same thing. It seems like the NFLN guys are consistently mocking Watkins at #4 to the Browns. I think it'd be a nice pick for them from a real-world football perspective, but I wonder about the fantasy implications of him being the possible #2 guy across from Gordon without a top-level QB throwing the ball (and I like Hoyer). Is there anything local suggesting concrete interest from the Browns in Watkins beyond the obvious connection between their high pick and his high grade?

I swore I wasn't going to do it but...I lied. I wanted to keep an open mind but that just isn't my style. The ridiculous downgrading of Bridgewater put me on tilt. Draft him. Then win super bowls.

Anything less will be typical loser Browns mentality.

I swore I wasn't going to do it but...I lied. I wanted to keep an open mind but that just isn't my style. The ridiculous downgrading of Bridgewater put me on tilt. Draft him. Then win super bowls.

I didnt think he was all that special even before his crappy workouts.

just something about his game, i dont know

NOBODY can explain why they don't like him, probably why I want him here. F u to everyone who doubted him.

NOBODY can explain why they don't like him, probably why I want him here. F u to everyone who doubted him.
hes the best qb in this draft IMO, take him a 4 and smile I say

when he is a NOBODY in three years I will spare you the "I told you so" line.

when he is a NOBODY in three years I will spare you the "I told you so" line.
so you are cool with him at 26 but also cool with throwing out I told you sos for him failing.Make up your mind.

If you pick him at four he is your starter. If you pick him at twenty six he is your starter.

Stop ##### footing around like every manager post Couch has done, pick a guy, or pass.

so you are cool with him at 26 but also cool with throwing out I told you sos for him failing.

Make up your mind.
I said I won't be mad. I didn't say I am cool with it.
#weedentalkIf he sucks then you should be mad.
I wouldnt be nearly as mad as when we took Weeden.

Generally my thought process for QBs is you either take one real high or just dont waste a pick on one at all during the draft.

I also leave room for the possibility I am wrong. So I won't like it, but I won't throw my beer through the TV either.

If you pick him at four he is your starter. If you pick him at twenty six he is your starter.

Stop ##### footing around like every manager post Couch has done, pick a guy, or pass.
what part of this are you not understanding?

I do not WANT to draft him. BUt if we pick him at 26 I wont spend the entire night and following weeks pissed off like the T-rich/Weeden draft.

If I was somehow hired to be the GM, I pass at 26. I pass on EVERY QB at 26 this year

Last edited by a moderator:
If we draft him at four he is our qb. If we draft him at twenty six he is our qb. You can't be mad about one and not the other. If you don't want him, fine, but have some conviction. Me not having it before after being so negative about Weeden was probably an over correction, but. I want him. I realize that now. He is a great player. Nfl types don't want him because he doesn't fit their model. Just like Russell Wilson didn't. Screw the model, can he play? Bridgewater can play.

If we draft him at four he is our qb. If we draft him at twenty six he is our qb. You can't be mad about one and not the other. If you don't want him, fine, but have some conviction. Me not having it before after being so negative about Weeden was probably an over correction, but. I want him. I realize that now. He is a great player. Nfl types don't want him because he doesn't fit their model. Just like Russell Wilson didn't. Screw the model, can he play? Bridgewater can play.
Whats wrong with my anger level going down the later we pick a guy I dont want?

Maybe I just dont get mad as easily as you, i dont know.

And what is more "conviction" than me saying "I do not want to draft him, and would not draft him at 26"?

if you don't want Bridgewater and you didn't want Weeden then you should act the same when we drafted Weeden if we draft any of these guys 26. They are our guy. The Browns have been trying to find value at qb for 15 years instead of just getting the guy and consistently failed because they don't have the balls to go up and get their guy. If you don't see the qb, then fine, don't pick one, build around Hoyer, get a possible plan b in place later, but if he flames out expect to pick a top guy next year. Stop dancing around qb afraid to get it wrong.

if you don't want Bridgewater and you didn't want Weeden then you should act the same when we drafted Weeden if we draft any of these guys 26. They are our guy.The Browns have been trying to find value at qb for 15 years instead of just getting the guy and consistently failed because they don't have the balls to go up and get their guy. If you don't see the qb, then fine, don't pick one, build around Hoyer, get a possible plan b in place later, but if he flames out expect to pick a top guy next year. Stop dancing around qb afraid to get it wrong.
for some reason you seem like you think I disagree with you on this.

Teh only part we disagree on is thinking he is the guy. You do. I dont.

But no, there is a difference between taking Bridgewater at 26 and Weeden when we took him. We may as well have just picked a punter instead of Weeden.

I place percentages on things. I think Bridgewaters percentage is low, but weedens was non existent

Why is Bridgewater's percentage low? Because he is ten pounds too light? His hand size is a 1/4 " too small? His deep ball looks like Peyton Manning's?

I really don't mean to be picking on you, it's my general frustration that no one can explain why they don't like him. Mayock, who I used to respect, sent me over the deep end today. His game tape is great, all accounts say he is a whiz in the film room, but he didn't wow in shorts and a t shirt, so - not a franchise qb. It makes me punchy. If you don't think he is any good, fine, tell me why. No one has.

Why is Bridgewater's percentage low? Because he is ten pounds too light? His hand size is a 1/4 " too small? His deep ball looks like Peyton Manning's?

I really don't mean to be picking on you, it's my general frustration that no one can explain why they don't like him. Mayock, who I used to respect, sent me over the deep end today. His game tape is great, all accounts say he is a whiz in the film room, but he didn't wow in shorts and a t shirt, so - not a franchise qb. It makes me punchy. If you don't think he is any good, fine, tell me why. No one has.
When I watched him play, I didnt think he would be good in the NFL.

If you want me to throw out measurables, well, I am not going to, so too bad. I dont see the point in that. I dont see the point in going any further than saying I dont think he looks like he will be anywhere near a top end NFL QB when watching him play.

He does not pass the eye test for me. What else you want? Like you I say "if a guy can play he can play". I dont care about measurables really. I mean, if he was 4 feet tall thats one thing.

I'll bet ya something on him..........................something halfway reasonable. And someday maybe you can collect in person at a 5k, lol

Why will he fail? Does he make bad decisions? Are his feet a mess? Is he chicken #### under pressure? Does he stare down his receivers? Can he not handle success? Is his accuracy a mess? His arm? Does he crumble in big spots?

Context, dammit!

If you want me to throw out measurables, well, I am not going to, so too bad. I dont see the point in that. I dont see the point in going any further than saying I dont think he looks like he will be anywhere near a top end NFL QB when watching him play.
this is all anyone who doesn't like him says. They can't say why they don't like him, they just say they don't. It doesn't make you, or any of them, right. Tell me why. If you can't then you're not saying anything, and even if he fails none of his critics are right. Saying something will happen doesn't mean anything if you can say why. Take it all the way back to grade school. Show your work. If you get the right answer and you can't say why then you're still wrong.What's a rant?

Tell me why he WON'T fail
his accuracy is excellent, he steps up in big spots, he plays his best against the best, he is a tough sob that plays injured (not hurt) because it is his team, a broken wrist? F that, I have a game to win. while he is not great deep outside the hash he is great deep inside the has, did I mention he is a technician inside twenty yards? He is mobile, he doesn't run a lot but he can if he needs to or if asked to, his pocket presence is phenomenal. he does not clam up against the rush. Football iq, through the roof. He doesn't get a big head after big plays, he doesn't freeze up after a mistake, calm cool and collect, he can play under adversity, mom breast cancer? I'll go out and lead my team to a bcs bowl anyway. Then thump the best defense in the land.

Tell me why he WON'T fail
his accuracy is excellent, he steps up in big spots, he plays his best against the best, he is a tough sob that plays injured (not hurt) because it is his team, a broken wrist? F that, I have a game to win. while he is not great deep outside the hash he is great deep inside the has, did I mention he is a technician inside twenty yards? He is mobile, he doesn't run a lot but he can if he needs to or if asked to, his pocket presence is phenomenal. he does not clam up against the rush. Football iq, through the roof. He doesn't get a big head after big plays, he doesn't freeze up after a mistake, calm cool and collect, he can play under adversity, mom breast cancer? I'll go out and lead my team to a bcs bowl anyway. Then thump the best defense in the land.
You know just about the same exact things can be said about dozens upon dozens of BUSTS in NFL history.

I definitely do not think his accuracy is as good as you think it is. I think he looks awkward actually. Not sure why, just something about it. I saw some quick outs where they were not only not all that accurate, but took quite a long time getting there.

Unfortunately it is not possible to know his football IQ as it relates to the NFL, so can't really say his football IQ is through the roof.

His pocket presence did look ok though, except when he was waiving the ball around holding it with one hand when he scrambled. Not sure how often he did that, but he did it way too much when I watched.

Did you describe Colt Mccoy above?

And actually, for a GM, it doesnt matter if they can show their work or not. It only matters if they got it right or not. :nerd: :nerd: :boxing: :nerd: :nerd:
results oriented analysis is a quick path towards failure. Process, process, process.
A rAtarded GM picking names out of a hat who gets it right year after year and the team wins is getting a job before a genius who never gets it right but has a great "process".

Not saying I would hire the guy........................but if Opie from Family Guy can get it right more often than not, maybe he deserves an extension.

Users who are viewing this thread