What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (7 Viewers)

According to Mary Kay, NFL sources say the Browns WILL pursue Kruger. If they were, indeed, NFL sources, this would be tampering. So, I get back to my question... What constitutes an "NFL source", since it can't legally be anyone in the NFL?

:confused:

According to Mary Kay, NFL sources say the Browns WILL pursue Kruger. If they were, indeed, NFL sources, this would be tampering. So, I get back to my question... What constitutes an "NFL source", since it can't legally be anyone in the NFL? :confused:
why is someone saying they will pursue a player tampering?

According to Mary Kay, NFL sources say the Browns WILL pursue Kruger. If they were, indeed, NFL sources, this would be tampering. So, I get back to my question... What constitutes an "NFL source", since it can't legally be anyone in the NFL? :confused:
why is someone saying they will pursue a player tampering?
I think he's right about that. I think Krueger is still technically a Raven until free agency opens.Realistically though, NFL teams have ways to leak whatever they want leaked.

Last edited by a moderator:
She stated yesterday on Sirius NFL channel that she has been told by a source that the Browns will not be outbid on Kruger. League rules have changed this year to allow teams to negotiate with player's agents in a 3 day window before the official March 12 4:00 PM opening of free agency.

She stated yesterday on Sirius NFL channel that she has been told by a source that the Browns will not be outbid on Kruger. League rules have changed this year to allow teams to negotiate with player's agents in a 3 day window before the official March 12 4:00 PM opening of free agency.
Ironically enough, they are not allowed to reach an agreement.

I like the 3 day period of being able to negotiate, whether they can come to any sort of agreement or not.

This is especially important for our Browns. Many players simply don't want to come here. It's nice to have a period of time to figure this out so that we can reach out and make offers to players that would actually come here so we don't miss out on some of those guys because we opened up FA trying to talk with players who have no interest in coming here.

And I don't want Kruger. Gimmee Avril all day over Kruger, even if it costs a lot more.

I like the 3 day period of being able to negotiate, whether they can come to any sort of agreement or not.This is especially important for our Browns. Many players simply don't want to come here. It's nice to have a period of time to figure this out so that we can reach out and make offers to players that would actually come here so we don't miss out on some of those guys because we opened up FA trying to talk with players who have no interest in coming here. And I don't want Kruger. Gimmee Avril all day over Kruger, even if it costs a lot more.
Kruger has a LOT more experience in the 3-4/multiple front defense that we will be running this year. Avril has played his entire career in a 4-3, correct? Give ME the guy that has the experience in the system.Honestly, the more players we can snag from Baltimore/Pittsburgh, the better for us (plus it weakens them). Give me Cary Williams, Paul Kruger, James Harrison, etc... :thumbup:

I like the 3 day period of being able to negotiate, whether they can come to any sort of agreement or not.This is especially important for our Browns. Many players simply don't want to come here. It's nice to have a period of time to figure this out so that we can reach out and make offers to players that would actually come here so we don't miss out on some of those guys because we opened up FA trying to talk with players who have no interest in coming here. And I don't want Kruger. Gimmee Avril all day over Kruger, even if it costs a lot more.
Kruger has a LOT more experience in the 3-4/multiple front defense that we will be running this year. Avril has played his entire career in a 4-3, correct? Give ME the guy that has the experience in the system.Honestly, the more players we can snag from Baltimore/Pittsburgh, the better for us (plus it weakens them). Give me Cary Williams, Paul Kruger, James Harrison, etc... :thumbup:
Sounds like a bidding war with Indy will drive Kruger's price up. Not worth $10 mil/yr. He's leaving Baltimore either way, no sense in hurting ourselves by over paying him. Harrison is no longer a Steeler and would be a waste on anything more than a 1 year incentive deal. Ellerbe or Lewis would be nice if we want to go the double dip route.

Avril is more of a 9 tecnique DE and I do not think able to cover. He is very quick off the ball however and difficult for a right tackle to block. I think he has limitations in the running game and not an ideal 3 down player. Even though the Browns have tons of cap space paying Kruger or Avril at $10 million seems like a lot to me.

Avril is more of a 9 tecnique DE and I do not think able to cover. He is very quick off the ball however and difficult for a right tackle to block. I think he has limitations in the running game and not an ideal 3 down player. Even though the Browns have tons of cap space paying Kruger or Avril at $10 million seems like a lot to me.
:goodposting: If we're gonna pay somebody superstar money, let's get a superstar, not just the guy who's there this year.

:goodposting: If we're gonna pay somebody superstar money, let's get a superstar, not just the guy who's there this year.
Yep. I got a bad feeling we're going to make a couple of splashes early in the process on guys that make me go - 'meh.' Don't spend for the sake of spending, spend on the pieces that are part of the core for the long term.

Yep. I got a bad feeling we're going to make a couple of splashes early in the process on guys that make me go - 'meh.' Don't spend for the sake of spending, spend on the pieces that are part of the core for the long term.
I tend to agree with this – that's obviously a huge fear, but the fact that the Browns seem to have cooled off on pursuing Mike Wallace with what Miami is offering gives me at least a little bit of hope that they're being smart and won't get carried away.

'Frankbot said:
'MAC_32 said:
'daveR said:
'Biabreakable said:
'ghostguy123 said:
I tend to agree with this – that's obviously a huge fear, but the fact that the Browns seem to have cooled off on pursuing Mike Wallace with what Miami is offering gives me at least a little bit of hope that they're being smart and won't get carried away.
There's a lot, a lot, that concerns me about Banner running this team but between his history on free agents - signing guys and knowing when to let him go and the fact that we seem to be linked to every free agent out there has me thinking (hoping?) we will sit out wave #1 but swoop in for the bargains before wave 2. Free agents are usually bridges to fill gaps due to missing in the draft, not foundation pieces to build from. There's a balance between Heckert's practice and Philly's Dream Team post Banner, here's hoping Banner finds it.

Need a kicker. Any free agents out there?

Been spoiled by Dawson and Stover the last 21 years. Hope they can find one that is good enough to keep around for many years.

The Cook rumors worry me. I don't like the idea of spending top dollars on potential. He seems to be a guy who is made by his QB, like a lot of TEs.

'amnesiac said:
'nxmehta said:
'Lrbutler said:
'amnesiac said:
Dawson on a good team would've been all pro every year for the last 10 years.
I could see him on 49ers
I hope he goes there, gets paid an absurd amount of money, and kicks the game winner in a Super Bowl. Guy deserves it.
:goodposting:
Dawson has been looking to go elsewhere for a while. That's why they franchised him a couple times. Don't mind, though. He did his time here and excelled at it. GB Phil Dawson. :thumbup:

'amnesiac said:
'nxmehta said:
'Lrbutler said:
'amnesiac said:
Dawson on a good team would've been all pro every year for the last 10 years.
I could see him on 49ers
I hope he goes there, gets paid an absurd amount of money, and kicks the game winner in a Super Bowl. Guy deserves it.
:goodposting:
Dawson has been looking to go elsewhere for a while. That's why they franchised him a couple times.
No he hasn't. He still wants to stay. They franchised him because they couldn't agree on a longer deal.

Apparently we are closing in on a deal with Kruger. Guy had better come cheap, he has some pedestrian numbers over the last few years...

Bills just released Fitzpatrick. He's the first FA QB that even remotely interests me. Browns should definitely kick the tires, see what the cost might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have yet to read a single negative thing about the way Alec Ogletree plays. Peter King recently...

The underclass inside linebacker from Georgia would be a clear top-10 pick with a clean resume. But he was suspended the first four games of last season for failing an offseason drug test, and then came the news Saturday night, via ProFootballTalk.com, that Ogletree recently was pinched for driving while intoxicated.

Ogletree and agent Pat Dye were smart to come out and beat the police blotter to the punch. As for the damage done by the arrest, Ogletree, who is a speed demon for an inside player, the kind of player who, if right, would be a perfect fit as a rare three-down inside linebacker for any team, has to convince teams they shouldn't be worried about a player who has tested positive, been suspended, and gotten a DWI in the span of about nine months.
I could give two craps about the DUI and drug thing in college. Think the Browns have to consider him at #6.

Users who are viewing this thread