What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (4 Viewers)

Is Tavon Austin a possibility for Browns?

link

Ok so this is something that I was thinking about the last couple days. I've seen his name mentioned as high as the 9th pick so I guess it's really not that far fetched. The more I look at things the more I don't like the QB class this year. So why not add the most dynamic player in this years draft? Before I go into it too much, I'd love to hear what you guys think as well.

Is Tavon Austin a possibility for Browns?

link

Ok so this is something that I was thinking about the last couple days. I've seen his name mentioned as high as the 9th pick so I guess it's really not that far fetched. The more I look at things the more I don't like the QB class this year. So why not add the most dynamic player in this years draft? Before I go into it too much, I'd love to hear what you guys think as well.
no

(Rotoworld) Browns OLB Quentin Groves has been arrested for solicitation of a prostitute. Analysis: Welcome to Cleveland. Groves, who just signed to a two-year, $2.28M deal, was allegedly caught in a sting. According to police, he responded to an advertisement and requested "full service" from an officer posing as a prostitute. They agreed on one hour for $100. Groves' court date is set for May 10.

Mike Mayock in his mock draft just had Geno Smith ti the Browns at number 6.

God please no.

Geno Smith sucks in cold weather and 6 is far too high for him anyway.

Village Idiot said:
Mike Mayock in his mock draft just had Geno Smith ti the Browns at number 6.God please no. Geno Smith sucks in cold weather and 6 is far too high for him anyway.
Agree. And now they are allegedly trying to trade up with Oakland?? Other than the OTs there is nobody worth trading up for. Please be a smokescreen.

Village Idiot said:
Mike Mayock in his mock draft just had Geno Smith ti the Browns at number 6.

God please no.

Geno Smith sucks in cold weather and 6 is far too high for him anyway.
Agree. And now they are allegedly trying to trade up with Oakland?? Other than the OTs there is nobody worth trading up for. Please be a smokescreen.
saw this as well. The only way I would be ok with this is if Joeckel and Fisher go 1 and 2 and the whole point is to get ahead of Philly to get Jordan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/25/report-browns-want-into-top-3-for-a-pass-rusher/

Report: Browns want into top 3 for a pass-rusher

Might as well go ahead and make all the mock drafts (more) fruitless early in the day.

According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, the “rumor out there” is that the Browns want to move up into the top three picks, from their current sixth slot.

The thinking is that they want to get in front of the Eagles (fourth) and Lions (fifth) to get the pass-rusher they covet. And since Browns CEO Joe Banner has insight into the Eagles front office from his days there, he has a clear sense of what they need and what general manager Howie Roseman values.

If they’re third, they’d miss out on no more than one of the top prospects there, as the Chiefs are expected to take an offensive lineman, and no one’s clear whether the Jaguars in the second spot go tackle or find a Leo for new coach Gus Bradley’s defense.

Such a move would put the Browns in position for perhaps Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah or Barkevious Mingo, as the annual run on guys who get to the quarterback begins.

I was wondering how long it would take for the Ryan Mallett rumors to start again....Bottom line is, don't get excited about anything you hear.....sit back and just watch the show. There are one of a million things that we could do.

Email | Print

There's draft-day chatter that the Browns might try to make another pitch for Patriots backup quarterback Ryan Mallett during the draft, a league source told the Plain Dealer.

Browns GM Mike Lombardi loved Mallett coming out of Arkansas in 2011, and has checked in about him previously with his longtime friend Bill Belichick.

The Patriots are believed to want at least a second-round pick for Mallett, which the Browns don't have right now. So they'd either have to trade into the round, give up a second-rounder next year or come up with a combination of picks and players.

One player who might become expendable during this draft is Jabaal Sheard, who's making the switch from end to outside linebacker. The Patriots also coveted new defensive end Desmond Bryant in free agency, but it's unknown if the Browns would be willing to part with him.

Right now, as the source said, it's chatter. But it would make sense for Lombardi to at least check into it if the Browns acquire the second-rounder.

I was wondering how long it would take for the Ryan Mallett rumors to start again....Bottom line is, don't get excited about anything you hear.....sit back and just watch the show. There are one of a million things that we could do.

Email | Print

There's draft-day chatter that the Browns might try to make another pitch for Patriots backup quarterback Ryan Mallett during the draft, a league source told the Plain Dealer.

Browns GM Mike Lombardi loved Mallett coming out of Arkansas in 2011, and has checked in about him previously with his longtime friend Bill Belichick.

The Patriots are believed to want at least a second-round pick for Mallett, which the Browns don't have right now. So they'd either have to trade into the round, give up a second-rounder next year or come up with a combination of picks and players.

One player who might become expendable during this draft is Jabaal Sheard, who's making the switch from end to outside linebacker. The Patriots also coveted new defensive end Desmond Bryant in free agency, but it's unknown if the Browns would be willing to part with him.

Right now, as the source said, it's chatter. But it would make sense for Lombardi to at least check into it if the Browns acquire the second-rounder.
How is a 3rd round pick who has done nothing but sit for 2 years suddenly worth a 2nd? Ridiculous. Which means the Browns will do it.

Email | Print

How is a 3rd round pick who has done nothing but sit for 2 years suddenly worth a 2nd? Ridiculous. Which means the Browns will do it.

:goodposting:

Give Norv Turner a chance with Weeden and improve other areas of the team.

Take a shot at a QB in the third round or later.

Trade down if you can to get a second round pick, although if all three of the coveted tackles are gone before pick six that seems to make trading down to get a second round pick less likely.

I keep hoping nothing stupid will happen but, it is the Browns.

Trading up makes no sense at all.

We need alot more than one super stud and no one we could take in Oakland's spot jumps out as a once in a lifetime stud.

Email | Print

Give Norv Turner a chance with Weeden and improve other areas of the team.

Take a shot at a QB in the third round or later.

Trade down if you can to get a second round pick, although if all three of the coveted tackles are gone before pick six that seems to make trading down to get a second round pick less likely.

I keep hoping nothing stupid will happen but, it is the Browns.

Trading up makes no sense at all.

We need alot more than one super stud and no one we could take in Oakland's spot jumps out as a once in a lifetime stud.

Not a Browns fan but I have a feeling they are going to do something smart tonight, like trade back and rape some other team. With Detroit and Oakland picking in front of you and a first time draft for Kelly in Philly - I have a feeling someone is going to be available at 6 that really shouldn't.

Not a Browns fan but I have a feeling they are going to do something smart tonight, like trade back and rape some other team. With Detroit and Oakland picking in front of you and a first time draft for Kelly in Philly - I have a feeling someone is going to be available at 6 that really shouldn't.
Do tell... such as?

I will say this - I have it on the good that Joeckel or lane johnson may be there for the Browns... JAX may go balls deep and snag Mingo at 2

In which case... you know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching all these idiots here walking into the draft makes me love Joe Thomas so much more................FISHING instead of being an attention Wh..OOOOREEEE

Sincerely doubt that this has any meaning but Rizzler probably will like this.

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler

Dane Brugler‏@dpbrugler6m

Hey #Browns fans, #LSU pass rusher Barkevious Mingo is wearing a brown tie and orange pocket square...just saying...
Like I said... from what Ive been told, it's Mingo 100% unless joeckel or lane falls
Better than Smith too high.

Please fall Lane please fall, and get us a trade down tro recoup a 2nd round pick.

Then again Banner loves D-Linemen.

Getting nervous here because it's the Browns.

Wow.....did not expect Jordan to Miami at all

ETA:.....Ful court press with KC to bring in Albert and Miami had a great draft.....still hoping Johnson falls to 6

why is everyone so intent on getting a second round pick.

they got a great player already in the second round, didn't they?

reading reviews on Mingo.

a lot of them say he's too small and that he's a boom or bust pick.

anyone have more info on him?

reading reviews on Mingo.a lot of them say he's too small and that he's a boom or bust pick.anyone have more info on him?
6'4'' 240lbs

Seems like a prototypical OLB size to me? He could probably add 10lbs to that frame easy.

Maybe this has been addressed already, but what is Cleveland going to do with the $33M they still have in cap money? The CBA requires them to spend something like 95 or 98% of the cap.

Do they have big up front money extensions on tap for Hayden and Mack or what?

reading reviews on Mingo.

a lot of them say he's too small and that he's a boom or bust pick.

anyone have more info on him?
6'4'' 240lbs

Seems like a prototypical OLB size to me? He could probably add 10lbs to that frame easy.
IIt's small for a 3-4 OLB. They are normally 270-ish like Kruger.
Aldon Smith - Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 258 lb (117 kg)

Demarcus Ware - Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 260 lb (118 kg)

Terrell Suggs - Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 260 lb (118 kg)

James Harrison - Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) Weight: 242 lb (110 kg)

Clay Matthews - Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 255 lb (116 kg)

Brian Orakpo - Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 257 lb (117 kg)

Justin Houston - Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 258 lb (117 kg)

Ryan Kerrigan - Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 260 lb (118 kg)

Looks like most of the elite ones are in the 250-260 area, not 270ish.

If he can add a good 15 lbs to his frame, he will be just fine, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread