What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Closers, Closers in waiting, and Middle relief...... (2 Viewers)

Brewers manager Ron Roenicke announced after Monday's game that he will not use Jim Henderson as closer because he didn't like the way he was throwing the ball at the end of camp.

Specifically, Roenicke wasn't happy with the velocity, command, and life of his pitches. Francisco Rodriguez closed out Monday's win over the Braves and will continue to get save chances for the time being. We'd imagine Henderson will get another shot eventually, but he's going to have to earn it.
Only took me 6 hours to f'n hate closers
Jim Henderson, man.

I think Jim Johnson might be the A's worst reliever. Any idea who will get saves when he is removed from the closers role? I would guess Gregerson. But I saw Gregerson pitched the seventh and Doolittle pitched the 8th las night.

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with Parnell, but something don't look right. Guy routinely running it up there near 100 last year, and in st, he was 89-91, and opening day he topped out around 92-93. He is coming off surgery on his neck or something like that and he didn't look hurt, but obviously there is an issue there if his velocity is so significantly down on opening day. It was a nice day in NY, so it's not like he was pitching in 25 degrees and the weather in ST was obviously not a factor either.

Mets coach already said he wasn't intending on pitching Parnell in b2b games. I think Valverde gets ample save opportunities early (whether he is effective or not is an entirely different story).

With having Uehara/Soriano only, i need to pickup Lindstrom/Krod for sure. (NFBC format) , how much to bid of 1k FAAB ? Closers are huge commodities in this format! Thx

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with Parnell, but something don't look right. Guy routinely running it up there near 100 last year, and in st, he was 89-91, and opening day he topped out around 92-93. He is coming off surgery on his neck or something like that and he didn't look hurt, but obviously there is an issue there if his velocity is so significantly down on opening day. It was a nice day in NY, so it's not like he was pitching in 25 degrees and the weather in ST was obviously not a factor either.

Mets coach already said he wasn't intending on pitching Parnell in b2b games. I think Valverde gets ample save opportunities early (whether he is effective or not is an entirely different story).
I wonder how many back to back save opportunities the Mets will have all season

I think Jim Johnson might be the A's worst reliever. Any idea who will get saves when he is removed from the closers role? I would guess Gregerson. But I saw Gregerson pitched the seventh and Doolittle pitched the 8th las night.
Johnson is the second highest paid player on the club. He'll have a long leash. Ryan Cook may also be in the potential replacement mix by the time the leash runs out.

valverde is gone. but valverde blows anyway. vic black the guy to stash?
Vic Black has the arm but was crazy wild in Spring. Las Vegas is a hard ballpark for a RP to find his command because mistakes get punished.

Kyle Farnsworth is in the organization and should get his shot if he has anything left. Jeff Walters, Jeurys Familia and Gonzalez Germen are other lottery tickets.

The Met with the role is the only guy with value in most leagues.

Melancon looks shaky again, then Grilli blows the save. Santos can't get a one out save, so they had Cecil finish. :drive:

Brothers fastball is sitting 89-92 right now vs. 94-97 where it has traditionally been. He's also continuing to miss the strike zone, which looks like a really bad combination.

Jim Johnson is terrible, not sure what the A's were thinking there. Problem is they have like five potential closing candidates, and none of them are all that appealing. Cook is logical but he still isn't healthy.

Just saw on Instagram that Chapman got his staples removed and says he feels great. Said he could be cleared to workout very soon. After getting the go to workout it has to be a short period of time until he's back, no?

On the other hand, Lindstrom has a chance to hang on to the job if he performs well. Janssen will displace Santos as soon as he's available.

Santos definitely looks to have the higher upside.
:shrug:

Santos is filling in for an established closer. Odds are that when/if Jannsen comes back, he's going to find his way back into the roll

Lindstrom has a chance to run away with the job. Jones blew up in his first appearance and outside of him, there's really no one else in that pen to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread