What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Closers, Closers in waiting, and Middle relief...... (3 Viewers)

Alternatively, Janssssen is a free agent after this year. So, when he comes back maybe they say that they want him to work his way into the role and then they just stick with Santos if he's doing well. Of course, he's not doing well so far.

What's your team look like? There's a chance that they are both worth an add and then you can see which one plays out as a long-term solution.

What's your team look like? There's a chance that they are both worth an add and then you can see which one plays out as a long-term solution.
Pick or die
I would pick Lindstrom if you held a gun to my head, but neither of these guys scream "take it and run" ... odds say one of them will though. Probably easier just to drop Jason Hammel and hold them both.

CBS so it may not be accurate but:

The opening day prediction of Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos that closer Casey Janssen won't miss much time with abdominal and back issues now appear to be accurate.

John Gibbons confirmed Thursday that Janssen has been playing catch and will return to the mound in a few days. "We don't think it will be too long," he told MLBNetworkRadio.

Janssen has nailed down 56 saves in 61 opportunities over the last two seasons.

this is my first year in like 6 playing, so I may be terrible, but regardless, this is a 12-team, start 8 pos + UTIL, 3 SP, 2 RP and 5 bench spots. Weekly H2H points league.

TB - 1/ BB - 1/ R - 1/ RBI - 1/ SB - 2/K- -1/CS- -1

IP - 3/ L - -5/ K - 1/ BB - -1/ ER - -2/ SV - 5/ H - -1/ QS - 5

Posey

EE

Zobrist

Lawrie

Prado

Choo

Gordon

Aoki

Headley

Teixera

Montero

Brantley

Price

Gio

Cobb

Nova

Ubaldo

Koji

Santos

Parnell/Broxton on DL

The Cubs bring the great Brian Schlitter in to pitch in a high-leverage situation in the 8th inning. Their bullpen was heavily used last night and Schlitter is kind of a non-prospect, but I get the finder's fee if he gets 30 SV this year.

I am holding Street and Cishek in my NL-only league that drafts this weekend. I know they arent the sexiest closers, but they are damn solid and I feel a lot better about them after this last couple of days.

this is my first year in like 6 playing, so I may be terrible, but regardless, this is a 12-team, start 8 pos + UTIL, 3 SP, 2 RP and 5 bench spots. Weekly H2H points league.

TB - 1/ BB - 1/ R - 1/ RBI - 1/ SB - 2/K- -1/CS- -1

IP - 3/ L - -5/ K - 1/ BB - -1/ ER - -2/ SV - 5/ H - -1/ QS - 5

Posey

EE

Zobrist

Lawrie

Prado

Choo

Gordon

Aoki

Headley

Teixera

Montero

Brantley

Price

Gio

Cobb

Nova

Ubaldo

Koji

Santos

Parnell/Broxton on DL
Is there a closer question in there?

Walt Weiss said that Chad Bettis would have closed the game today had the Rockies not blown the lead already in the 8th. Bettis had by far the best stuff out of the Rockies relievers in the Spring. Worth keeping on the radar with Brothers not looking like the same guy and Hawkins being on the AARP mailing list with Eephus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parnell worth hanging on to? 50% chance of TJ, but won't know for a few weeks. Weekly league and I'd like to stick Tex in the DL slot before Monday.

Parnell worth hanging on to? 50% chance of TJ, but won't know for a few weeks. Weekly league and I'd like to stick Tex in the DL slot before Monday.
If you don't have a free spot for him, I'd dump him. I had a free spot but as soon as someone else gets hurt, Parnell is gone in my deep keeper league.

most of these injuries ends in tj at some point and it isn't like he gas the proven tag to fall back on to get the job again in a month anyway. Unless you have a deep dl I'd ship him out.

2 user(s) are reading this topic2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Do me a favor and never post again. You're ruining these boards.
2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

:goodposting:
2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

:goodposting:
:goodposting: of a :goodposting:
Hello ######, #######, and ##########!

So we agree it is Sean Doolittle if Johnson loses the job. Or does Cook get first crack when he comes back?

Johnson got the save today, but he looked extremely shaky doing it.

So we agree it is Sean Doolittle if Johnson loses the job. Or does Cook get first crack when he comes back?

Johnson got the save today, but he looked extremely shaky doing it.
I think Doolittle is too valuable as a LOOGY. There are ten million reasons why Johnson will have a long leash. Cook or Gregerson could step in if Johnson is injured.

Users who are viewing this thread