What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (2 Viewers)

Any suggestions for Disney Resorts for a family of five? I noticed that they jack the prices up if you have three kids vs two :angry: I really dont see why the cost of a room at Disney All star Resort is $142/nt with two adults + two kids but, if I add my three year old to the mix the price skyrockets to $362/nt. :confused:
Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Booked here vacationupgrades.com and just did a second stay, this time for 8 nights with a family of 5. On Disney property, just not a Disney hotel. We love all the space of a 2 bedroom at a fraction of the Disney cost.
Thanks. Never stayed at one of these before. Really cant beat the price.

Any suggestions for Disney Resorts for a family of five? I noticed that they jack the prices up if you have three kids vs two :angry: I really dont see why the cost of a room at Disney All star Resort is $142/nt with two adults + two kids but, if I add my three year old to the mix the price skyrockets to $362/nt. :confused:
Disney says that a regular room at an All Star can accomodate 4 adults + 1 child under 3 in a crib. They aren't jacking the prices cause you have a 3 year old -- the increase in price is because they are moving you up to a suite. To be truthful regular rooms at the All Stars are pretty small. A family of 5 would not be comfortable sharing one.Note: the prices you are quoting seem to be rack rates. Disney almost always is offering some sort of package deals. Also look into booking via a travel agent or AAA -- you might save some cash.
Interesting. We have a three year old who still sleeps in a crib when we travel so I think we can manage in a 4+ crib setting. Where does it say that Disney will accept 4+ a toddler in an All Star Room? Can you direct me to a page or is it just understood to be true?Also, thanks for the other tips regarding packeages. Havent been able to find any yet but will keep on looking!

Disney says that a regular room at an All Star can accomodate 4 adults + 1 child under 3 in a crib. They aren't jacking the prices cause you have a 3 year old -- the increase in price is because they are moving you up to a suite. To be truthful regular rooms at the All Stars are pretty small. A family of 5 would not be comfortable sharing one.Note: the prices you are quoting seem to be rack rates. Disney almost always is offering some sort of package deals. Also look into booking via a travel agent or AAA -- you might save some cash.
Interesting. We have a three year old who still sleeps in a crib when we travel so I think we can manage in a 4+ crib setting. Where does it say that Disney will accept 4+ a toddler in an All Star Room? Can you direct me to a page or is it just understood to be true?Also, thanks for the other tips regarding packeages. Havent been able to find any yet but will keep on looking!
Disney doesn't explicitly say it on their website but you can confirm it but specifying you have 4 adults + 1 child (age 1 or 2) and then press the "Check Availability" button. It will you show you the standard, preferred and family suite rooms as available. If you change the age of the child to 3 or above it will only show the family suite as available.Sites like Mousesavers and allears.net will confirm this info. One way to save cash is to book two standard adjoining rooms -- it will be cheaper than the Family Suite rate.As for packages Disney is almost always offering some promotion -- it can be free dining or "X" number of days free, etc. AAA usually has package deals too as do travel agencies. There are a bunch of agencies online that specialize in Disney World trips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any suggestions for Disney Resorts for a family of five? I noticed that they jack the prices up if you have three kids vs two :angry:

I really dont see why the cost of a room at Disney All star Resort is $142/nt with two adults + two kids but, if I add my three year old to the mix the price skyrockets to $362/nt. :confused:
Disney doesn't explicitly say it on their website but you can confirm it but specifying you have 4 adults + 1 child (age 1 or 2) and then press the "Check Availability" button. It will you show you the standard, preferred and family suite rooms as available. If you change the age of the child to 3 or above it will only show the family suite as available.Sites like Mousesavers and allears.net will confirm this info. One way to save cash is to book two standard adjoining rooms -- it will be cheaper than the Family Suite rate.

As for packages Disney is almost always offering some promotion -- it can be free dining or "X" number of days free, etc. AAA usually has package deals too as do travel agencies. There are a bunch of agencies online that specialize in Disney World trips.
Did this in fall of 2011 at Pop Century. Worked great. Having ability to put kids in next room and close door is a wonderful thing!! ;) We also used extra space to invite grandparents to come along for part of the trip. Kids had lots of fun with grandma and grandpa at WDW.You also might want to check the new resort, The Art of Animation. It is across the lake from Pop Century and has spaces for 5. :2cents:

For the hell of it I looked up prices to the Disney vacation club today. Who is this catering to? $23,000 one-time fee and $975 annual fee. :shock: I mean what is the benefit to it? You'd have to go through a LOT of Disney vacations to earn that back.
We finally broke down and bought in, but I didn't go through Disney, I bought someone else's points. When we were looking it was $15,000.00 up front or you could finance it. The annual fee depends greatly on the hotel that is your main one. I think they are selling Bay Lake right now which is the most expensive.We bought 75 points from someone who had them at Old Key West. 75 points basically ends up being one week when we usually go. I will make my money back on that purchase after going about 5 or 6 times, and we obviously will do that because we go every year. To me, it's basically paying in advance a few years at a set number and since we go every year it worked for us.There are benefits too. They did a thing this year for DVC members where they gave a massive discount for the gold standard annual pass that has everything included in it. So we can do the water parks, Disney Quest, and even golf for free (or at least, included in our pass). Stuff like that for members is a nice perk.Also, the prices recently increased because they attached DVC to the RIA timeshares around the world or whatever their name is. So you can now use your Disney points for places all over the world and not just Disney resorts. We aren't into that, but again, nice perk.
Don't DVC timeshares "expire", I guess is the word I'm looking for, after like 25 or so years. My family was looking into them, but this was what really turned us off to it.

For the hell of it I looked up prices to the Disney vacation club today. Who is this catering to? $23,000 one-time fee and $975 annual fee. :shock: I mean what is the benefit to it? You'd have to go through a LOT of Disney vacations to earn that back.
We finally broke down and bought in, but I didn't go through Disney, I bought someone else's points. When we were looking it was $15,000.00 up front or you could finance it. The annual fee depends greatly on the hotel that is your main one. I think they are selling Bay Lake right now which is the most expensive.We bought 75 points from someone who had them at Old Key West. 75 points basically ends up being one week when we usually go. I will make my money back on that purchase after going about 5 or 6 times, and we obviously will do that because we go every year. To me, it's basically paying in advance a few years at a set number and since we go every year it worked for us.There are benefits too. They did a thing this year for DVC members where they gave a massive discount for the gold standard annual pass that has everything included in it. So we can do the water parks, Disney Quest, and even golf for free (or at least, included in our pass). Stuff like that for members is a nice perk.Also, the prices recently increased because they attached DVC to the RIA timeshares around the world or whatever their name is. So you can now use your Disney points for places all over the world and not just Disney resorts. We aren't into that, but again, nice perk.
Don't DVC timeshares "expire", I guess is the word I'm looking for, after like 25 or so years. My family was looking into them, but this was what really turned us off to it.
It depends on which resort you buy into. Our DVC membership with Saratoga Springs expires in 2054. I'll be 95 so I am cool with it...

It depends on which resort you buy into. Our DVC membership with Saratoga Springs expires in 2054. I'll be 95 so I am cool with it...
That's not bad.Can you use this for the Alani property in Hawaii?

That's not bad.Can you use this for the Alani property in Hawaii?
Yes.

Any suggestions for Disney Resorts for a family of five? I noticed that they jack the prices up if you have three kids vs two :angry:

I really dont see why the cost of a room at Disney All star Resort is $142/nt with two adults + two kids but, if I add my three year old to the mix the price skyrockets to $362/nt. :confused:
Disney doesn't explicitly say it on their website but you can confirm it but specifying you have 4 adults + 1 child (age 1 or 2) and then press the "Check Availability" button. It will you show you the standard, preferred and family suite rooms as available. If you change the age of the child to 3 or above it will only show the family suite as available.Sites like Mousesavers and allears.net will confirm this info. One way to save cash is to book two standard adjoining rooms -- it will be cheaper than the Family Suite rate.

As for packages Disney is almost always offering some promotion -- it can be free dining or "X" number of days free, etc. AAA usually has package deals too as do travel agencies. There are a bunch of agencies online that specialize in Disney World trips.
Did this in fall of 2011 at Pop Century. Worked great. Having ability to put kids in next room and close door is a wonderful thing!! ;) We also used extra space to invite grandparents to come along for part of the trip. Kids had lots of fun with grandma and grandpa at WDW.You also might want to check the new resort, The Art of Animation. It is across the lake from Pop Century and has spaces for 5. :2cents:
We are a family of 6 and we are looking into the Art of Animation. If you are ok with staying that far from MK then that is probably the way to go. That said, last time we went our family of 6 stayed at the Contemporary 1 room, 2 beds and a pull out (my 4th was just under 2 years old). It worked out great, but certainly not cheap. We did have lots of Disney points, so that helped.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Booked here vacationupgrades.com and just did a second stay, this time for 8 nights with a family of 5. On Disney property, just not a Disney hotel. We love all the space of a 2 bedroom at a fraction of the Disney cost.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: At Bonnet Creek right now, and I also booked through vacationupgrades.com, though there are a number of places that rent out the condos, so check around for the best deal.Can't say enough about the price, accommodations, resort, and location.Lots of great information here: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Figured I’d run this by the Disney planning professionals. I just sent this to the family to try and figure out an attack plan for Orlando next month. There's 10 of us going annd renting a house. Two grandparents, four parents, four kids (8, 7, 6, 5).Any thoughts on best days to go to parks or events to look out for / schedule around? Anything I’m missing? Considered Sea World both trips but just don’t think we’ll make it this year with trying to get to Universal and Legoland.Thanks!

Hey guys,Less than a month out so just wanted to check with you guys on thoughts on schedule and parks to visit while we’re there. I’m sending this out as much to think through this myself as to ask for input. Just throwing out ideas and a first pass so anything can change. I know we’re all adding Legoland this year and we’re interested in adding a day at Universal too. Universal now has:Wizarding World of Harry PotterDespicable Me Minion MayhemAmazing Adventures of Spider-ManDr. Suess Area with rides and showShrek 4-DThe Simpsons RideThe thing with Universal is that its broken up into two parks (Universal Studios & Universal Islands of Adventure) and just like Disney, buying multiple days is not much more than buying one day. I was thinking of maybe getting a 2 day pass since and checking out Universal Studios the first afternoon / night like we did with Animal Kingdom last year. Sunday’s showing as slightly less crowds there than the other days and Universal Studios is open a half hour later and probably has a little bit less than Islands of Adventure. They also have Universal Citywalk if we wanted to do dinner there.I think the only things we have scheduled in stone at this point are:Sunday 4/7 – Flight arrivesTuesday 4/9 – Character Breakfast at Crystal Palace IN MK (early entry, park opens at 9:00 and Tues is best day for crowds)Thursday 4/11 – Birthday Dinner at ‘Ohana Sunday 4/14 – Flight leavesJust throwing this out there as a potential plan with crowd levels in (), let me know your thoughts and changes:Sunday 4/7 – Fly in, move in, and check out Universal Studios (5.8) if there’s time (or maybe short visit to Animal Kingdom (5.5)?)Monday 4/8 – Legoland (I hear it’s good to visit this before the MK parks because can be underwhelming in comparison afterward)Could also do Legoland Thursday before dinnerTuesday 4/9 – Magic Kingdom (4.1)– Early entry with breakfast and least crowded day of the trip(I think MK on Tuesday is the no-brainer of the trip schedule)Wednesday 4/10 – Universal Islands of Adventure (6.8, but same level any day that week)Could shuffle with Friday or SaturdayThursday 4/11 – Hollywood Studios (5.5) – Rope drop then scatter for Jedi Training and Toy Story Fast Passes.(From my recollection of stuff to do there, could be good for the shortened day before dinner at ‘Ohana.)Could also use Legoland here for the shortened day.Friday 4/12 – Magic Kingdom (7.6) Day 2? Rope drop there and half day then go elsewhere? Epcot? (2.3) Universal? (6.7)Saturday 4/13 – Epcot (1.1) – Listed as a shocking 1.1 crowd level this day, we may be the only ones there. Universal? (6.8)Other random thoughts:If you guys aren’t interested in Universal, could use that as a go your own way day for other stuff (Gatorland).Not sure how kids (and parents) will hold up so could do a half day / home pool day in middle of trip.What am I missing? Other things to consider?

Almost a year since we went to WDW for the first time. Here are some thoughts, experiences and advice. Its great to have a plan for what parks on what days but you should consider making a daily touring plan as far as what you're seeing when and where you're eating, character pics, etc. I still have my plans for WDW from our first trip to WDW Spring break last year and can post examples for how our days went. And, my plans worked almost perfect even with the new enforcement of FP return times. We did all EMH days that is not recommended but we had no issues what-so-ever. We got enough done during that hour to justify using it and we didnt have hoppers so we broke out mid-day to go back to the hotel and rest at the pool for a few hours at peak times. Make reservations everywhere if they take them because you'll still be waiting a bit to get seated.

MK:day 1 AM EMH and day 4 PM EMH. The new Fantasy Land was still under contruction but the new Dumbo and Goofini Rollercoaster were in soft openings so those were top priority. My plan was flawless and a great way to start the trip as we walked onto pretty much everything. When we got done in that area the lines were really starting to build and we were off to another area. Crystal Palace was a good Character Buffet. It does take a while for all the characters to make their rounds. If one is missing just ask a CM and they will try to get them there. Pirates ride broke down while we were in line and was down for the rest of the day so we missed that one. BTMRR was down for refurb so Splash mountain was the big hit. Every time we got in line for the Disney Railroad it broke down too. Tony's was just OK and it was so freaking cold in there. Harbor House was a good lunch.

WARNING: If you are planning on watching a parade and you get there early and think you have a small enough area to sit comfortably without hogging too much space, you dont. We got completely push out and verbally abused by a large family that got there late because we had our stroller with us. "You need to move that stoller", uhhh no I dont. Their foul mouthed parents cursing infront of everyone, spilling their drinks and food all over, yelling at me, thier kids, other people, honestly never seen anything so rude in my life, guess they felt us crammed together by our stroller wasnt good enough or them and they felt entitled to a prime spot getting there 10 min before the parade started. That was the absolute worst experience I have had at a park ever. By the time a CM showed up they had already push a number of people out of the way so they could fit their large family down front. Funny part was they wanted me to move my stroller so they could put thier 3 there.

Epcot: Day 2 PM EMH We tried to do this in one day and even with a break we paid for it with sore feet. Definately a 2 day park. But, my plan for this day worked out perfect. Rode all the rides, TT twice and had no FP issues. Key in all parks is having a runner to get initial FP then working your way back towards that ride to hit it during your FP Return time. My Epcot AM plan went like this on a PM EMH day, we were there at 9AM rope drop.

Get Soarin FP (about 1hr til I could pull another FP)

Pics at Character spot(by the time I was back with the FP it was our turn for Pics, good place to knock out all the main characters)

Ride TT

Ride MS

Get TT FP

Ride Nemo (Back in the Soarin area, group all these together that way you can juggle the order if needed)

Watch Crush

Ride Soarin w/FP

Ride Living with the Land

Ride TT(we were in the FP return line and the ride broke down. We got return FP tickets and used them later that night which got us to Illuminations late.)

Lunch in the World (LONG walk around, lots of good food. We started the Kim Possible attraction but boys gave up on it)

Back to hotel for pool.About 3 hours.

Great park, next time we'll schedule 2 days here and bag AK probably or maybe half day at AK AM EMH and hop to Epcot. Illuminations was pretty cool even from our crappy viewing spot.

DHS: Day 3 AM EMH. Fun park, didnt get to do everything but got everything done that was planned except for Fantasmic!, we were burned out and this was the only day we planned to power through without a break. My tip for Jedi Training. Go to the signup first thing even on EMH day signups are open. They try to put you down for first slot available but tell them you have reservations and they will put you in whatever slot you want. We watched Indy and LMA, rode TSM 2x once with FP and walk on right after Jedi signups. If your kids like to draw the Animation Studio is fun. Plan it for mid day since you get to sit down for a good 20-30 min. Scifi Diner was OK, neat experience eating in the cars and the old scifi videos.

AK: Day 5 AM EMH on a Monday and our last day at the parks. We got everything done there we set out to do and left early. The Safari is a one and done. The ride was bumpy and the driver never stopped long enough to take pictures. I would go at ropedrop and not waste a FP or waiting in line for it. EE was fun, we did get FP but ended up keep those as souveniers and rode single rider since one boy was too small and the older one chickend out. Also walked onto Kali, cheap $1 throw away ponchos are the way to go here. Kids had fun in the dino area. Nemo show was really cool and the Flights show was good too. Dinosaur ride scared them a bit. It was loud and dinos popping out at you.

DTD: We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and took the boat to DTD. We ate at T-rex Cafe the first night. Pretty cool but the ice room seemed to be too scarry. My favorite was on the last night. Read a ton of reviews of where to have my birthday dinner and chose Raglan Rd. This place was awesome. They sat us right down front by the stage. It was loud and festive, the dancers were pretty...cool. I had the fish and chips and it was yummy but the bread pudding was fantastic.

OTHER: Kona Cafe was pretty damn good. We took bus from POR to Epcot, Tram to Poly, ate then took tram to MK. GardenGrocer delivered food/drinks to our hotel and the goods were delivered to our room right before we got to our room. They do deliever beer but its not an option through the normal site selections. Just ask for it in the notes.

We are planning on going back fall break Oct 2014 so starting to think about our vacation already. I know I will plan an off day in the middle this time since I was a ton of walking. We'll probably work in a day at universal too.

I'm ready to go back. It's been almost a year.
We got back two weeks ago from an 8 day stay and it is like the family is in mourning, everyone just wants to go back. I think we'll try to cut back on some things and save up for a trip next year.

WARNING: If you are planning on watching a parade and you get there early and think you have a small enough area to sit comfortably without hogging too much space, you dont. We got completely push out and verbally abused by a large family that got there late because we had our stroller with us. "You need to move that stoller", uhhh no I dont. Their foul mouthed parents cursing infront of everyone, spilling their drinks and food all over, yelling at me, thier kids, other people, honestly never seen anything so rude in my life, guess they felt us crammed together by our stroller wasnt good enough or them and qthey felt entitled to a prime spot getting there 10 min before the parade started. That was the absolute worst experience I have had at a park ever. By the time a CM showed up they had already push a number of people out of the way so they could fit their large family down front. Funny part was they wanted me to move my stroller so they could put thier 3 there.
Scum of the earth. Parades and waiting are IMO the worst part of a WDW experience. Unfortunately you get people who are willing to plan and sacrifice park time waiting smashed together with people who think they can do anything they want. We are the type who will wait and get a front/street side spot. We do have strollers, but usually try and find a spot where we can put them off to the side out of the way. But sometimes our son is in it and sorry, not an option. I've let kids of late families in front of me, but not their parents. I don't punish the kids for the parents issues. Usually letting them step up settles down the folks a bit, sorry your group was so douchey. I've heard rumors that the new magic+ program might allow you to pay for prime spots for parades in the future. I would so do this just to avoid any concentrations with people like this. I'm impress that you seemed to keep your cool....I doubt I'd be able to. 134 days and counting for our next trip. Spending almost 2 weeks this time--longest trip there so far. Looking forward to disconnecting for a while.

Almost a year since we went to WDW for the first time. Here are some thoughts, experiences and advice. Its great to have a plan for what parks on what days but you should consider making a daily touring plan as far as what you're seeing when and where you're eating, character pics, etc. I still have my plans for WDW from our first trip to WDW Spring break last year and can post examples for how our days went. And, my plans worked almost perfect even with the new enforcement of FP return times. We did all EMH days that is not recommended but we had no issues what-so-ever. We got enough done during that hour to justify using it and we didnt have hoppers so we broke out mid-day to go back to the hotel and rest at the pool for a few hours at peak times. Make reservations everywhere if they take them because you'll still be waiting a bit to get seated.

MK:day 1 AM EMH and day 4 PM EMH. The new Fantasy Land was still under contruction but the new Dumbo and Goofini Rollercoaster were in soft openings so those were top priority. My plan was flawless and a great way to start the trip as we walked onto pretty much everything. When we got done in that area the lines were really starting to build and we were off to another area. Crystal Palace was a good Character Buffet. It does take a while for all the characters to make their rounds. If one is missing just ask a CM and they will try to get them there. Pirates ride broke down while we were in line and was down for the rest of the day so we missed that one. BTMRR was down for refurb so Splash mountain was the big hit. Every time we got in line for the Disney Railroad it broke down too. Tony's was just OK and it was so freaking cold in there. Harbor House was a good lunch.

WARNING: If you are planning on watching a parade and you get there early and think you have a small enough area to sit comfortably without hogging too much space, you dont. We got completely push out and verbally abused by a large family that got there late because we had our stroller with us. "You need to move that stoller", uhhh no I dont. Their foul mouthed parents cursing infront of everyone, spilling their drinks and food all over, yelling at me, thier kids, other people, honestly never seen anything so rude in my life, guess they felt us crammed together by our stroller wasnt good enough or them and they felt entitled to a prime spot getting there 10 min before the parade started. That was the absolute worst experience I have had at a park ever. By the time a CM showed up they had already push a number of people out of the way so they could fit their large family down front. Funny part was they wanted me to move my stroller so they could put thier 3 there.

Epcot: Day 2 PM EMH We tried to do this in one day and even with a break we paid for it with sore feet. Definately a 2 day park. But, my plan for this day worked out perfect. Rode all the rides, TT twice and had no FP issues. Key in all parks is having a runner to get initial FP then working your way back towards that ride to hit it during your FP Return time. My Epcot AM plan went like this on a PM EMH day, we were there at 9AM rope drop.

Get Soarin FP (about 1hr til I could pull another FP)

Pics at Character spot(by the time I was back with the FP it was our turn for Pics, good place to knock out all the main characters)

Ride TT

Ride MS

Get TT FP

Ride Nemo (Back in the Soarin area, group all these together that way you can juggle the order if needed)

Watch Crush

Ride Soarin w/FP

Ride Living with the Land

Ride TT(we were in the FP return line and the ride broke down. We got return FP tickets and used them later that night which got us to Illuminations late.)

Lunch in the World (LONG walk around, lots of good food. We started the Kim Possible attraction but boys gave up on it)

Back to hotel for pool.About 3 hours.

Great park, next time we'll schedule 2 days here and bag AK probably or maybe half day at AK AM EMH and hop to Epcot. Illuminations was pretty cool even from our crappy viewing spot.

DHS: Day 3 AM EMH. Fun park, didnt get to do everything but got everything done that was planned except for Fantasmic!, we were burned out and this was the only day we planned to power through without a break. My tip for Jedi Training. Go to the signup first thing even on EMH day signups are open. They try to put you down for first slot available but tell them you have reservations and they will put you in whatever slot you want. We watched Indy and LMA, rode TSM 2x once with FP and walk on right after Jedi signups. If your kids like to draw the Animation Studio is fun. Plan it for mid day since you get to sit down for a good 20-30 min. Scifi Diner was OK, neat experience eating in the cars and the old scifi videos.

AK: Day 5 AM EMH on a Monday and our last day at the parks. We got everything done there we set out to do and left early. The Safari is a one and done. The ride was bumpy and the driver never stopped long enough to take pictures. I would go at ropedrop and not waste a FP or waiting in line for it. EE was fun, we did get FP but ended up keep those as souveniers and rode single rider since one boy was too small and the older one chickend out. Also walked onto Kali, cheap $1 throw away ponchos are the way to go here. Kids had fun in the dino area. Nemo show was really cool and the Flights show was good too. Dinosaur ride scared them a bit. It was loud and dinos popping out at you.

DTD: We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and took the boat to DTD. We ate at T-rex Cafe the first night. Pretty cool but the ice room seemed to be too scarry. My favorite was on the last night. Read a ton of reviews of where to have my birthday dinner and chose Raglan Rd. This place was awesome. They sat us right down front by the stage. It was loud and festive, the dancers were pretty...cool. I had the fish and chips and it was yummy but the bread pudding was fantastic.

OTHER: Kona Cafe was pretty damn good. We took bus from POR to Epcot, Tram to Poly, ate then took tram to MK. GardenGrocer delivered food/drinks to our hotel and the goods were delivered to our room right before we got to our room. They do deliever beer but its not an option through the normal site selections. Just ask for it in the notes.

We are planning on going back fall break Oct 2014 so starting to think about our vacation already. I know I will plan an off day in the middle this time since I was a ton of walking. We'll probably work in a day at universal too.
What is EMH?

Looking to book 1 or 2 Disney restaurants for our trip down to Disney/Universal. Less than a month out so O'hana and Le Cellier are all booked up, of course. What are the next best options? Looking at only the ones with 5/5 rating on Tripadvisor, all of the following have availability (as well as several of the others).Yachtsman SteakhouseKona CaféFlying Fish CaféBomaJikoCitricosWhen the big 2 are booked, what do you guys usually go after?ETA: There isn't really any type of food that we dislike.
Kona is pretty good. I'm a fan of the Liberty Tree in MK. It's not special, but it's just good old fashioned american food. I would stand outside LeCellier and beg frankly. The new Italian place is pretty good.
What is the new Italian place you're talking about? My wife is wanting to know.

We are going for the first time six weeks from tomorrow (April 28 through May 3). Good grief there's so much information to go through it's tiring. I need the Cliffs Notes version of what we should do. We have two kiddos, boy who is 5 and girl who is 2. We'll basically have four full days to do stuff (Monday through Thursday). I know people have said we should take a day off to rest, but that's not an option. Lesson learned, I suppose. Our plan is to spend two days at MK, one at AK, and one at HS. I already booked a character breakfast at Crystal Palace on the MOnday we're there and Chef Mickey's on that Tuesday night, I believe. I have a few questions though:

For everywhere we want to eat, do I need to call and get a reservation? I want to be sure and use our dining plan, but don't want to be committed to being at a restaurant every time we want to eat lunch and dinner.

What are some tips have the best experience at Magic Kingdom? Do you suggest a Fast Pass? We're staying on site and staying at Coronado, so we'll be taking advantage of the EMH.

Do we need fast passes at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I've tried to look as much information as I can, but it's hard to weed through all of it.

Thanks

We sat there still but it was unpleasant to say the least.

Grady- Make reservations at all sit down restraunts otherwise you will be waiting a very long time.

Do take advantage of FP. At MK I suggest something like. Get PP FP, Ride Dumbo, Ride Goofini, Ride Pooh, Ride Tea Cups, Ride PP w/FP Ride Small World. Depending on where you go from there I'd work in grabbing another FP. I got Buzz FP while everyone went to the bathroom then we rode the Speedway, Snow White then headed to Tomorrowland.

AK it depends on what you want to do. If you are doing the Safari I would head stright there at RD and not worry about getting a FP for EE til after. Its a long walk to EE which would be the first FP I would get at AK.

DHS get TSM FP right away then get in the standby line. Its a ton of fun so riding it twice with minimal wait is a plus. Then depending on what other rides you do grab FP for those as well. Star Tours is a walk on early but suggest getting FP and trying to work in that one twice as well since its different scenes almost every time.

Get yourself a map, start x'ing off things you dont want to do, highlight things you must do. I used a spread sheet with 30min blocks and just started filling it in with everything for every day down to time at the pool and transportation. Try to group the rides in a specific area together because it is a TON of walking.

'Grady Wilson said:
We are going for the first time six weeks from tomorrow (April 28 through May 3). Good grief there's so much information to go through it's tiring. I need the Cliffs Notes version of what we should do. We have two kiddos, boy who is 5 and girl who is 2. We'll basically have four full days to do stuff (Monday through Thursday). I know people have said we should take a day off to rest, but that's not an option. Lesson learned, I suppose. Our plan is to spend two days at MK, one at AK, and one at HS. I already booked a character breakfast at Crystal Palace on the MOnday we're there and Chef Mickey's on that Tuesday night, I believe. I have a few questions though:For everywhere we want to eat, do I need to call and get a reservation? I want to be sure and use our dining plan, but don't want to be committed to being at a restaurant every time we want to eat lunch and dinner.What are some tips have the best experience at Magic Kingdom? Do you suggest a Fast Pass? We're staying on site and staying at Coronado, so we'll be taking advantage of the EMH.Do we need fast passes at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood?Sorry for the newbie questions. I've tried to look as much information as I can, but it's hard to weed through all of it.Thanks
Slow down, have fun and enjoy what you can. With 2 kiddos (1being very young), you need to keep an eye on their deminor and let them guide how far you push them. Cranky kids are no fun for anyone. It is tough to give too many pointers, everyone travels differently. What I can say, is that with kids, use the parent swap. If you want to ride something that the 2 yr old cant go on...say big thunder mtn... Talk to the entrance CM. he will give one if you a rider swap ticket. Then you and the 5 yr old wait on the regular line, your spouse and 2 yr old hang out by the exit. After the ride, your spouse can take your 5yr old and the swap tickets and go through the fast pass line getting on much faster while you wait with the youngster. The 5 yr old will love it by he rides everything 2x. Also, if you want to ride some bigger rides w/o the kids, take advantage of single rider lines. On some attractions, thy can be faster then the normal and even fast pass lines. Yes, use FPass when ever you can. Be careful, I heard they are now enforcing the window end times. At HS, the very first thing you must do is get a FP for TS Mania. It is the most popular attraction in the park. Get it ASAP. You know chef mickeys is outside the MK? Take the monorail over to the contemp or it is a short 5-10 min walk from the main gate. As for dining, normally I say YES. Get those ressies in. However, if you are traveling at a less crowded time, and are flexable you might get into the restaurants without a problem. We travel in peak times, so ressies ( while annoying) are a must. Overall, relax. You can't do everything, and most likely ou will be back So don't get crazy

Friday bump
Lehigh - we are there the same days and here is what we are doing - all days based on TouringPlans.comSunday - HSMonday - EpcotTuesday - MKWednesday - MKThursday - AKFriday - Return to either HS or Epcot depends on what my SIL wants to do. It will be her 4 year olds first time.MK on Tuesday is a no brainer like you said

'Grady Wilson said:
We are going for the first time six weeks from tomorrow (April 28 through May 3). Good grief there's so much information to go through it's tiring. I need the Cliffs Notes version of what we should do. We have two kiddos, boy who is 5 and girl who is 2. We'll basically have four full days to do stuff (Monday through Thursday). I know people have said we should take a day off to rest, but that's not an option. Lesson learned, I suppose. Our plan is to spend two days at MK, one at AK, and one at HS. I already booked a character breakfast at Crystal Palace on the MOnday we're there and Chef Mickey's on that Tuesday night, I believe. I have a few questions though:

For everywhere we want to eat, do I need to call and get a reservation? I want to be sure and use our dining plan, but don't want to be committed to being at a restaurant every time we want to eat lunch and dinner.

What are some tips have the best experience at Magic Kingdom? Do you suggest a Fast Pass? We're staying on site and staying at Coronado, so we'll be taking advantage of the EMH.

Do we need fast passes at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I've tried to look as much information as I can, but it's hard to weed through all of it.

Thanks
Slow down, have fun and enjoy what you can. With 2 kiddos (1being very young), you need to keep an eye on their deminor and let them guide how far you push them. Cranky kids are no fun for anyone. It is tough to give too many pointers, everyone travels differently. What I can say, is that with kids, use the parent swap. If you want to ride something that the 2 yr old cant go on...say big thunder mtn... Talk to the entrance CM. he will give one if you a rider swap ticket. Then you and the 5 yr old wait on the regular line, your spouse and 2 yr old hang out by the exit. After the ride, your spouse can take your 5yr old and the swap tickets and go through the fast pass line getting on much faster while you wait with the youngster. The 5 yr old will love it by he rides everything 2x.

Also, if you want to ride some bigger rides w/o the kids, take advantage of single rider lines. On some attractions, thy can be faster then the normal and even fast pass lines.

Yes, use FPass when ever you can. Be careful, I heard they are now enforcing the window end times.

At HS, the very first thing you must do is get a FP for TS Mania. It is the most popular attraction in the park. Get it ASAP.

You know chef mickeys is outside the MK? Take the monorail over to the contemp or it is a short 5-10 min walk from the main gate.

As for dining, normally I say YES. Get those ressies in. However, if you are traveling at a less crowded time, and are flexable you might get into the restaurants without a problem. We travel in peak times, so ressies ( while annoying) are a must.

Overall, relax. You can't do everything, and most likely ou will be back So don't get crazy
You can even get the rider swap tickets when using Fast Passes, the first group doesn't have to go through the regular line.

Any confirmation on the enforcement of the fast pass times?

Going to MK for the first time in early April - only one day. Cliff notes for the must see rides? Kids ages 8 and 10.

Any confirmation on the enforcement of the fast pass times?Going to MK for the first time in early April - only one day. Cliff notes for the must see rides? Kids ages 8 and 10.
Yes, they are enforcing the fast pass expiration window now, in the past, even if you showed up an hour or more late they still admitted you. It is mainly because they are overhauling the whole fast pass system with the new NextGen system and "magic bands". In the very near future, guests will have their whole tix, room keys, payment system etc all loaded onto RFID wrist bands. There will be "tap and go" entrances at all the attractions and you will be able to reserve ride times (much like dining ressies) months before your trip. IMO I'm not a huge fan of this, but that's not stopping them. As for must sees?All the mountains, splash, space, big thunderHaunted mansionJungle cruise (do during the day)PiratesFor nostalgiaTiki roomSmall worldDumbo (they just redid this)If you want to meet any specific characters, go to guest relations and they can tell you exactly where they will be at anytime during the day. Any of the main characters are all in special buildings where you wait in line to see them. IMO it's a big time suck, so I recommend seeing about making a character meal ressie. This way you kill 2 birds--eat and interact with the characters. The princesses are at royal table in the castle, pooh and friends (I think) are at crystal palace and the fab5 are at chef Mickys a short mono rail ride over at the contemporary.

Kennythepirate.com to plan out exactly where and when the characters are before you get to the park. And kids of all ages love Monsters Inc laugh floor. Nice break to sit down in climate controlled environment too.

MILF is a good break and very entertaining, grab a Buzz FP before hand and hit them both.

For Characters I would look at getting a FP for Mickey/Minny at MK and do the Character Spot at EPCOT at rope drop for the 5 main characters. The others you can pick and choose who you want to see. We tried to see Chip and Dale and missed them at every park. Did get to see Thumper at AK Camp Minnie Mickey though and stumbled upon a couple other unscheduled characters over the days which was cool.

I see the 6 day non-stop schedule a few posts up and my feet hurt looking at it. Do plan mid-day breaks to go back to hotel and take a load off. Epcot is a 2 day park if you want to see almost everything. DHS is a 2 day park too but suggest just picking what you want to do, do a couple shows and enjoy 1 solid day there. Work in LMA if you're into cars and explosions. Lightning makes an appearance too. Indy show was OK, a good break under cover from the sun.

EDIT: Fast Pass Return times are enforced. Best thing to do is grab the first one. Your return time and ablity to grab another will be about 1 hour. At 1 hour grab another and use your first one. Use FP runners to go get FP while rest of the group gets a snack goes to the BR etc. Then start working your way toward where your next FP is. Less popular rides will generally be a 2 hour return time but others like TSM they could be 6 hours+ out if you wait too long. Here are a couple examples of how to start your days

MK Day 1 Note new fantasy land was underconstruction this time last year. Get PP FP, Ride Dumbo, Ride Goofini, Ride Tea Cups, Ride Pooh(has FP but walk on early), Ride PP w/FP, Ride Sm. World, Get Buzz FP, Ride Snow white, Ride Speedway, watch MILF, ride Buzz w/FP. Easily done in 2 hours on a EMH morning.

MK day 2 We had CP res and BTMRR was under refurb so it went. Ride Aladin, Get Splash.Mnt FP, Ate, ride Splash.Mtn w/FP, get Splash.mtn FP, TS island, Capt. Jack show, Ride Pirates(broke down for the day) Ride Sp.Mnt w/fp., Get JC FP.

Epcot Get Soarin FP, Char Spot, Ride TT, Ride MS, Get TT FP, Ride Soarin w/FP, Ride Land, Ride Nemo, Watch Crush, Ride TT w/FP

DHS Sign up for Jedi training, Get TSM FP, RIde TSM, Ride TOT, Animation Studio, Ride TSM w/FP, Disney JR.

AK Ride Safari, Explore Pangani, get EE FP, Ride Kali, Explore Jungle, Watch Flights, Ride EE w/fp, Watch Nemo

My theory is if the crowd levels are 6 and under like it was when we went this time last year use the AM EMH to your advantage and power through the rides early and enjoy the rest of the day at your own pace. :)

MILF is a good break and very entertaining
:unsure:
Arg. I was just there and I didn't even think of this. There were tons of them around too.
:lmao:They are everywhere. I just never realized this was an option. Kicking myself.
I have actually noticed the opposite. I see more and more overweight moms who dont care about how they look. But maybe it is just me. Because the last few times I have been to the beach, I havent really noticed anything special either. Sure, there are a couple of 18-22 hotties, but I contribute that to them being young. I have not really noticed any good looking girls in the 28-35 range (Disney or beach)

OK I'm bored, looking at the March/April crowd calendars, 10's and 9's the last week of March first week of April...Yikes good luck if you're going those days.

Checking out the New Fantasyland Map. We are going Oct 2014 so have plenty of time to over plan :)

I see Mermaid has a FP and is the only new ride there other than Dumbo and Barnstormer? So, if I were going on a EMH morning this is how I would attack Fantasy Land. Knowing EMH Mermaid will get initial rush and then swamped when regular hours open so I will try this...

Get PP FP

Ride Dumbo

Ride Goofini

Ride TeaCups

Ride Pooh

Get Mermaid FP

Ride PP w/FP

Ride Sm.World

Check out new Fantasy Land

Ride Mermaid w/FP

Ride Snow White

Get Buzz FP

Ride Speedway

Watch MILF(s) ;)

Ride Buzz w/FP

Lunch/break for hotel

Would skip COP and Stich this time. Would do Philharmagic and People Mover again, good time fillers. Scared the crap out of my boys on haunted Space Mountain at Disneyland so they probably wont ride that again for a while.

Non EMH Day would be a little different.

Get Mermaid FP

Ride PP

Ride Dumbo

Ride Goofini

Ride Teacups

Ride Pooh

Ride Mermaid w/FP

Ride Sm.World

etc.etc.etc...will have to research others plans and see how they play out.

Any confirmation on the enforcement of the fast pass times?Going to MK for the first time in early April - only one day. Cliff notes for the must see rides? Kids ages 8 and 10.
Yes, they are enforcing the fast pass expiration window now, in the past, even if you showed up an hour or more late they still admitted you. It is mainly because they are overhauling the whole fast pass system with the new NextGen system and "magic bands". In the very near future, guests will have their whole tix, room keys, payment system etc all loaded onto RFID wrist bands. There will be "tap and go" entrances at all the attractions and you will be able to reserve ride times (much like dining ressies) months before your trip. IMO I'm not a huge fan of this, but that's not stopping them. As for must sees?All the mountains, splash, space, big thunderHaunted mansionJungle cruise (do during the day)PiratesFor nostalgiaTiki roomSmall worldDumbo (they just redid this)
Absolutely make sure you see Mickey's PhilharMagic in Fantasyland. It is one of the best attractions in the Magic Kingdom and usually no wait if you get there right before show time.

MILF is a good break and very entertaining, grab a Buzz FP before hand and hit them both.
Always wanted to ride a MILF while at Disney but alas my wife won't let me (either her or another MILF). :kicksrock:
I see the 6 day non-stop schedule a few posts up and my feet hurt looking at it. Do plan mid-day breaks to go back to hotel and take a load off. Epcot is a 2 day park if you want to see almost everything. DHS is a 2 day park too but suggest just picking what you want to do, do a couple shows and enjoy 1 solid day there.
That was my schedule and we have become almost experts over the years. I'm not to the level of some of the folks in this thread but we pretty much know what we are doing now. We schedule breaks every day for those who need it. Our kids are starting to get older now so we usually split up and me and the older kids will find something to do while the Mom and the younger one go nap/take a break. Also, this year we are season pass holders so we can come and go when we want and not feel like it was a waste. If we get there and ride until lunch and then the kids want to swim the rest of the day then so be it. I was going to put a day off in the middle but the kids said they didn't want one. In fact, we are going to head down early and probably go to one of the parks on Saturday too.Leave in 17 days - can't wait.

It's official. Disney marathon weekend just extended their races from the idiots who run the half and full marathons in 2 days (aka The Goofy) and made a 10K race. Now if you run the 5K, 10K, half and full marathon in the weekend you get a Dopey medal. That is just crazy. And not because of the 48.6 miles you would need to run, but you will probably have to pay $900 to run all of them. Of course it will sell out and Disney will make a ton of money.

It's official. Disney marathon weekend just extended their races from the idiots who run the half and full marathons in 2 days (aka The Goofy) and made a 10K race. Now if you run the 5K, 10K, half and full marathon in the weekend you get a Dopey medal. That is just crazy. And not because of the 48.6 miles you would need to run, but you will probably have to pay $900 to run all of them. Of course it will sell out and Disney will make a ton of money.
lol. I was training to run another marathon and thought I might try the Disney one this year. I got delusions of grandeur by thinking I might try the Goofy. Then my wife reminded me how I felt after my last marathon. The Dopey one is ridiculous.

Anyone have any creative autograph ideas? We've done the picture mat and autograph books - the kids are wanting to do autographs again so I'm hoping to make it a little more unique this time.

So far, all I've got is:

[*]White or light-colored t-shirt

[*]Pillowcase

[*]Hat

[*]Disney character book that is large enough for them to sign their own picture

I kind of like the last idea as it seem to be the one that would last the longest but I'm open for suggestions if you guys have any.

Anyone have any creative autograph ideas? We've done the picture mat and autograph books - the kids are wanting to do autographs again so I'm hoping to make it a little more unique this time.

So far, all I've got is:

[*]Pillowcase

[*]Hat

[*]Disney character book that is large enough for them to sign their own picture

I kind of like the last idea as it seem to be the one that would last the longest but I'm open for suggestions if you guys have any.
we basically did the last option when we took our daughter down there for her 8th Birthday.Each page had a Picture of the character.. So when we got in line our daughter would open to "their" page.. Got lots of character interaction because of it, which made it even a better memory for our daughter.

I remember Tigger "bouncing" up and down around her and Pooh as he pointed to his Picture..

Chip & Dale "fought" over who's picture was better.., etc..

The crowd enjoyed the antics as well. :thumbup:

So far, all I've got is:

[*]Pillowcase

[*]Hat

we basically did the last option when we took our daughter down there for her 8th Birthday.Each page had a Picture of the character.. So when we got in line our daughter would open to "their" page.. Got lots of character interaction because of it, which made it even a better memory for our daughter.

I remember Tigger "bouncing" up and down around her and Pooh as he pointed to his Picture..

Very cool. I'm definitely leaning this way - I think it will be easier for the characters to sign and for the oddball stuff like Lightning McQueen where it's a stamp it will work too. I have 4 so I'm trying to make it something that won't take up too much time in the lines. Hopefully we'll get most of it out of the way at our character meals but I know my youngest daughter and my neice (both 5) are going to go nuts and want to meet as many characters as possible.Snogger - how old is your daughter now? Any Disney trips planned this year? I've enjoyed reading your trip reports over the years.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: At Bonnet Creek right now, and I also booked through vacationupgrades.com, though there are a number of places that rent out the condos, so check around for the best deal.Can't say enough about the price, accommodations, resort, and location.

Lots of great information here: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
talk to me about transportation...does this place offer shuttles to all the parks? how far is it to magic kingdom from there? my wife is 100% for staying at a disney world location, and she says transportation is the main reason.

So far, all I've got is:

[*]Pillowcase

[*]Hat

That is a really neat idea...putting in a :blackdot: , so I will try to remember this when we go next time!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: At Bonnet Creek right now, and I also booked through vacationupgrades.com, though there are a number of places that rent out the condos, so check around for the best deal.Can't say enough about the price, accommodations, resort, and location.

talk to me about transportation...does this place offer shuttles to all the parks? how far is it to magic kingdom from there? my wife is 100% for staying at a disney world location, and she says transportation is the main reason.
It does offer a shuttle, however they just recently made it a pay per ride. Are we talking she wants to be on the monorail or utilize the bus system? WBC is within Disney gates, look up this address on Google Maps: Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, 9560 Encinas Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, FL and you will see it is next to Caribbean Beach Resort. Magic Kingdom is a 12-15 minute ride by car, Hollywood Studios a couple minutes and EPCOT 10 minutes in the car. We are rental car people, I'm not waiting for a Bus and can't afford the Contemporary.

It does offer a shuttle, however they just recently made it a pay per ride. Are we talking she wants to be on the monorail or utilize the bus system? WBC is within Disney gates, look up this address on Google Maps: Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, 9560 Encinas Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, FL and you will see it is next to Caribbean Beach Resort. Magic Kingdom is a 12-15 minute ride by car, Hollywood Studios a couple minutes and EPCOT 10 minutes in the car. We are rental car people, I'm not waiting for a Bus and can't afford the Contemporary.
looks like a deal-breaker i guess. i've been to disney once (with her and our daughter a couple years ago), she's been like 15 times, so i have to defer to her expertise. she says that driving/parking/walking from parking lot to the park/etc. is a real pain in the butt. she would rather wait on the bus for a few minutes...

Users who are viewing this thread