What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (2 Viewers)

I don't get the whole character thing...it's a guy/girl in a costume...and people wait ungodly amounts of time so some random person to sign their autograph...maybe if you kids are three, but i see older ones doing it too...
Luckily my daughter doesn't care about it. She met Mickey but it was only a few minute wait.

Premier said:
No problem. Should clarify that MK beer sales are only at one restaurant (Be Our Guest) and only at dinner. The other three parks have drinks all over the place.

Fire away with any other questions.
MK should just suck it up and turn that pinnochio restaurant into a beer garden. Charge 15 bucks a beer. Fathers would pay it.
They make plenty of money. They don't want a bunch of old men stumbling around the park.
But why is it readily available in all of the other parks and yet not there? Its curious.

Premier said:
No problem. Should clarify that MK beer sales are only at one restaurant (Be Our Guest) and only at dinner. The other three parks have drinks all over the place.

MK should just suck it up and turn that pinnochio restaurant into a beer garden. Charge 15 bucks a beer. Fathers would pay it.
They make plenty of money. They don't want a bunch of old men stumbling around the park.
But why is it readily available in all of the other parks and yet not there? Its curious.
MK geared more towards family-centric I would imagine. At certain points of the year, the World area of Epcot is less behaved than some night clubs I've been in.

This time next month we'll be walking into the Magic Kingdom. Aside from not being able to get reservations at Ohana (to be fair, there will be twelve people in our group) this looks to be a great time. The only restaurant we'll be hitting that we hit two years ago will be T-Rex (non negotiable, the kids loved it), otherwise all new ones. Biergarten, T-Rex, Crystal Palace, Via Napoli, and Rain forest cafe.

My daughter can't wait to see the Snow White Mine Cart ride and her character breakfast with my wife and mom. Me, I'm looking forward to staying in Epcot later one night to really comb through the different parts of 'the world'.

Premier said:

Yeah, while it annoys me in the moment that I can't grab a beer there, when you step back there needs to be a liquor free zone for the Magic Kingdom. Yes it's part of the atmosphere, but beyond that drunk people on vacation suck and there are too many of them in EPCOT. It's not a lot, but it's enough for my kid to notice it.

Isn't there a Rain Forest Cafe in half the malls in the US? That might be my last choice for Disney dining.
Are you having trouble finding places to go while there?

RfC sucks. I really don't like that place at all. I've never been to the one by Disney - maybe that one is better than the others I've been to.

Isn't there a Rain Forest Cafe in half the malls in the US? That might be my last choice for Disney dining.
Are you having trouble finding places to go while there?RfC sucks. I really don't like that place at all. I've never been to the one by Disney - maybe that one is better than the others I've been to.
"Last choice" meaning I would rank it last. I'm not going. Hermit posted above that he was. The only benefit I can think of is that it's open later than the Animal Kingdom, so maybe if you're looking for a later dinner after closing. But even then there's the AK Lodge.

Premier said:

MK geared more towards family-centric I would imagine. At certain points of the year, the World area of Epcot is less behaved than some night clubs I've been in.
When I was 21 I did New Years Eve @ Epcot. It was not remotely tame.

Are you having trouble finding places to go while there?RfC sucks. I really don't like that place at all. I've never been to the one by Disney - maybe that one is better than the others I've been to.
"Last choice" meaning I would rank it last. I'm not going. Hermit posted above that he was.The only benefit I can think of is that it's open later than the Animal Kingdom, so maybe if you're looking for a later dinner after closing. But even then there's the AK Lodge.
Yeah, that will be dinner on AK day.

My brother did the reservations, I honestly know nothing about the place.

Frozen enters a new phase in its takeover of all things Disney...

Maelstrom is closed and retired. Frozen content will take its place, plans for an immersive Arendelle experience. Fixed real estate for meeting Anna & Elsa will also be built in Norway. Planned opening spring 2016.

Magic Kindgom castle lighting ceremony during the holidays will be Elsa transforming the castle into an ice palace. MVMCP will include meet & greets with Frozen characters.

Some elements of DHS Frozen Summer Fun are getting promoted to regular park features, and a kids' play area with real snow is in development.

First they took Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and I said nothing...

Then they took Maelstrom and I said nothing.....

I don't know what's next on the list, but if nothing else, if they stop doing Food and Wine I will lose my effing mind.

Maelstrom is closed and retired. Frozen content will take its place, plans for an immersive Arendelle experience. Fixed real estate for meeting Anna & Elsa will also be built in Norway. Planned opening spring 2016.

Magic Kindgom castle lighting ceremony during the holidays will be Elsa transforming the castle into an ice palace. MVMCP will include meet & greets with Frozen characters.

Some elements of DHS Frozen Summer Fun are getting promoted to regular park features, and a kids' play area with real snow is in development.
I may have mentioned this already, but Maelstrom was one of the very few attractions we skipped during our spring break trip. It seemed like FP+ lead to lines that were longer than we were willing to wait for a marginal attraction. And we sure weren't going to use a Tier 1 FP+ on it.

Now I kinda regret missing it. :kicksrock:

NIU Kicker said:
The thing is by the time they get all this frozen stuff built out it's going to be yesterday's news.
There is talk of a second Frozen movie. That might tie in well with WDW openings.

AcerFC said:
chet said:
Anyone ever take a Disney cruise?
feb 2015. Psyched
Is there any reason to not book directly through Disney? Did you find the pricing the same as some of the cruise sites?
my wife took care of the finances. We have used cruise compete for other cruises and.she said there was no difference. We booked through Disney directly. Probably wont matter for you, but we used our disney visa and have 6 months to pay it off

I love Disney. The simple fact is the cruises are very nice but for the money you are better off going with one of the other cruise lines. All the regular cruise lines hire out a team of certified people to watch all ages of kids. I can tell you first hand that the kids have an absolute blast.

I love Disney. The simple fact is the cruises are very nice but for the money you are better off going with one of the other cruise lines. All the regular cruise lines hire out a team of certified people to watch all ages of kids. I can tell you first hand that the kids have an absolute blast.
oh, we know this. We are opting to do.it anyway.

Then enjoy GB. It's not going to be a bad time. The nautical horns they use are all set to Disney music... I always got a kick out of hearing it.

Bruce Dickinson said:

There is already a play area with snow. It was pretty cool. Ice skating rink too. The female skating performer was hot as heck.

Bruce Dickinson said:

There is already a play area with snow. It was pretty cool. Ice skating rink too. The female skating performer was hot as heck.
Is all of the Frozen stuff that was going on over the summer going to be carried over through the end of the year?

Yeah, and the norovirus bar at the breakfast buffet is a cant miss.

Yeah, and the norovirus bar at the breakfast buffet is a cant miss.
You can catch norovirus anywhere, son. HTH

Ate at the Brown Derby tonight. Best Disney meal I've had by a substantial margin. The salmon was unbelievable. Maybe the best seafood dish I've ever had.

Wife had the filet which was amazing.

I had heard mixed things about the place but that was an incredible meal tonight. Can't recommend it enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Premier said:
Are at the Brown Derby tonight. Best Disney meal I've had by a substantial margin. The salmon was unbelievable. Maybe the best seafood dish I've ever had.

I had heard mixed things about the place but that was an incredible meal tonight. Can't recommend it enough.
One of our favorite places too. Love the grapefruit cake. Highly recommend it as well. :thumbup:

My BIL just came back and told me about a small place down main street where he had a burger with brisket and provolone on it. Need to hit that up next time im there

Premier said:
Are at the Brown Derby tonight. Best Disney meal I've had by a substantial margin. The salmon was unbelievable. Maybe the best seafood dish I've ever had.

One of our favorite places too. Love the grapefruit cake. Highly recommend it as well. :thumbup:
Yes. That was very very good.

Premier said:
Ate at the Brown Derby tonight. Best Disney meal I've had by a substantial margin. The salmon was unbelievable. Maybe the best seafood dish I've ever had.

Thanks for the recommendation! Our dining dance card is full for December, but we will hit Brown Derby in a follow-up visit in 2015. (Yeah, now we're getting season passes, Tables In Wonderland, and booking at least two 2015 visits on top of our Dec 2014 trip. We might have a Disney problem. :bag: )

Premier said:

Interesting. I had also always heard mixed reviews and never tried it. FWIW, best salmon I've ever had was also at WDW. Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Expensive meal but worth it.

Premier said:

Good to know. We've had this on our maybe list for years but never fit it in. Looks like we might have to.

Premier said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Our dining dance card is full for December, but we will hit Brown Derby in a follow-up visit in 2015. (Yeah, now we're getting season passes, Tables In Wonderland, and booking at least two 2015 visits on top of our Dec 2014 trip. We might have a Disney problem. :bag: )
:lmao: that's hysterical.

Pfft. Wife is currently finishing up plans for november, mid way through plans for may and just hit me with the food and wine schedule in September. .. and of course our usual trip again in november. She's a menace.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Premier said:

:lmao: that's hysterical.
It's even worse. I'm getting Universal season passes for the family for my daughter's birthday. She's a huge fan of all things Harry Potter - she's a lot more like Hermione Granger than any Disney Princess. So we'll hit Universal during those 2015 trips, too.

Taking my wife, 7 and 5 year olds on our 2nd Disney Cruise in 3 weeks. Disney Fantasy. Awesome ship. Staying 3 days pre-cruise at art of Animation to hit up the parks. Haven't spent 5 minutes researching Frozen and Fast Pass stuff you guys are scaring me. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

I'm not super familiar with how to best get Disney discounts. The wife and daughter have been invited by friends to go in late October for 5 nights. I was quoted a price by AAA for 5 nights at the All-Star Movie Resort (that's where the friends are staying) + 4 day hopper passes for $1,450. This seems like a pretty good deal based on my expedia/travelocity checking.

Thoughts?

I'm not super familiar with how to best get Disney discounts. The wife and daughter have been invited by friends to go in late October for 5 nights. I was quoted a price by AAA for 5 nights at the All-Star Movie Resort (that's where the friends are staying) + 4 day hopper passes for $1,450. This seems like a pretty good deal based on my expedia/travelocity checking.

Thoughts?
Disney prices are pretty cut and dry. Your looking at value resorts, so there won't be much more movement in price for lodging. The way's to 'save' at WDW is to look for discounts in other areas. For instance, see if they are offering free dining at that time of year. You may need to upgrade to a moderate resort, but the overall savings may be worth it. You need to do a decent amount of mix and match deals.

If you are looking to do wdw on the cheaper side, I highly recommend Lou Mongello's book "102 ways to save at WDW" (http://www.wdwradio.com/shop/102-ways-save-money-walt-disney-world/%C2'>

Anyone ever take a Disney cruise?
feb 2015. Psyched
Is there any reason to not book directly through Disney? Did you find the pricing the same as some of the cruise sites?
my wife took care of the finances. We have used cruise compete for other cruises and.she said there was no difference. We booked through Disney directly. Probably wont matter for you, but we used our disney visa and have 6 months to pay it off
Disney controls the price of the cruise, so you will pay the same price direct and through an agent. However, the agents will usually give you other perks and an onboard credit.

We booked ours through Costco and got a cash card that you can use in Costco when you return. For our 7 day cruise last year we received a $550 card.

Then enjoy GB. It's not going to be a bad time. The nautical horns they use are all set to Disney music... I always got a kick out of hearing it.
We have been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Disney. Disney is more expensive, but it is worth it. The ships are nicer, rooms are bigger and everything is just done better.

We have been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Disney. Disney is more expensive, but it is worth it. The ships are nicer, rooms are bigger and everything is just done better.
When I factor in bringing my own alcohol and drinks being free, the price is always roughly the same.

Went the week of labor day. Went to Disney Studios that Wed. Daughter was tall enough to ride rockin roller coaster for the 1st time and rode it 5 times. The only thing we needed fastpasses for was Toy story 30 minute wait only because it started raining and people were looking to get on a ride to get out the rain. In fact the lines were so low we got our own coaster for rockin roller coaster and when my daughter said she loved it the worker at the end asked if we wanted to go through again without needing to exit the ride.

Great quote. "Dad, rockin roller coaster is awesome, but why is that guy singing to doodle like a lady?"

After further review... I think we haven't eaten at Brown Derby because it's two dining credits against DDP. Now that we're switching to TIW, it's a more viable option.

Brown Derby is also a site for the "Dine With An Imagineer" series. That's something I've always wanted to do, and now my daughter is old enough to be an active participant in the program.

Users who are viewing this thread