What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dispute With My Wife. I'll Do What The FFA Rules. (1 Viewer)

(Read the facts in the first post before voting.) What should I do?

• Ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is right about the parking situation, and you're wrong

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • Ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is wrong about the parking, but she's right that a hus

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • Ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is wrong about the parking, wrong about a husband alwa

Votes: 63 19.9%
  • Don't ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is right about the parking situation, but it's h

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • Don't ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is right about the parking situation, but you ca

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Don't ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is dead wrong, and your life sounds horrible.

Votes: 211 66.8%

• Total voters
Did the architects build all the houses backwards on the lots?

not only would that "alley" be a proper residential street around here, but parking would be allowed on both sides.

Holy crap.  After seeing the pictures I'm not sure the bottom option is harsh enough.  Punch her in the face in front of her wife and kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Show your wife the pic down the alley with the white car on the right and your house on the left.  There's no way she can say that it's difficult to get out of your garage.  

Based on the pics I've come to the conclusion that your situation is one more example of women being irrational jackasses while your neighbor seems to be displaying perfectly reasonable, even considerate, behavior.

Now divorce this shrill and move on to someone a bit less irrational.

Now you see why I feel absurd even raising the issue with my neighbor.  It's ridiculous.
Then grow a pair of balls and tell your wife that she is flat out wrong. 

ETA:  your wife is completely insane if she thinks that there is not enough room to get out of that garage.  Run away now while you still have a chance.

Already done like fifty times.
Obviously you have not gotten your point across.  You need to bring out the big guns here.  Let her know that she is completely wrong (I would say insane but you still have to live with her) and that under no circumstances is she to talk to the HOA.  She is a grown a ss women so not sure what the consequences can be.  I would probably talk to the Russian and let him know that you completely disagree with your wife and out of principle, under no circumstances, should he move his car.  Let your wife know that you are talking to the Russian and that you will be informing him your support for him not her.  Good luck! 

Kanil said:
Holy crap.  After seeing the pictures I'm not sure the bottom option is harsh enough.  Punch her in the face in front of her wife and kids.
Wait the OP's wife has a lesbian thing going on the side? Now we're getting somewhere!  :popcorn:

Again, tell the Russian that your wife is a terrible driver and will likely hit his car.  Tell your wife that you're aware you may hit his car.  

After seeing the pictures, please also alert the police that your wife drives drunk every time she gets behind the wheel.

if i'm in your situation, the drinking time was the best time to mention it, imo.  i'd basically say, hey, my wife is a ####ty driver and especially sucks at backing up a car.  any chance you can do me a solid and not have your car hang out into the alley?

She wants a new car with a backup camera and other goodies but she wants it to be "your" idea. Women are masters at this. 

She wants a new car with a backup camera and other goodies but she wants it to be "your" idea. Women are masters at this. 
While I agree with your premise for women on the whole, she's just a horrible driver.  Borderline Oriental.  She has scrapes on the side of her car from rubbing against a pole in her parking garage at work.  She's being serious in her inability to maneuver around a situation that 99.9% of the driving public can handle.

While I agree with your premise for women on the whole, she's just a horrible driver.  Borderline Oriental.  She has scrapes on the side of her car from rubbing against a pole in her parking garage at work.  She's being serious in her inability to maneuver around a situation that 99.9% of the driving public can handle.
buy her driving lessons

Taking FFA's advice on this. Why is that? 

You get the feeling there's a lot of guys with success with women in here? 

Teach your child to drive.  She can't be worse.

Taking FFA's advice on this. Why is that? 

You get the feeling there's a lot of guys with success with women in here? 
Dudes in the FFA who I think do alright with the ladies...

Chet

ArizonaRon

Me

McGarnicle

JuniorNB (chicks fall for that fake tan stuff)

Joe Bryant (Way too stiff, but chicks dig the bank account)

That's about it.

Dudes in the FFA who I think do alright with the ladies...

Chet

ArizonaRon

Me

McGarnicle

JuniorNB (chicks fall for that fake tan stuff)

Joe Bryant (Way too stiff, but chicks dig the bank account)

That's about it.
:lol:   I have no game--coming up on anniversary 19 in a couple of weeks.  I do know how to deal with unreasonable people though--especially those who make unreasonable requests due in large part to their own deficiencies.  In this case, I'd offer to install a rear view camera on my wife's car (or replace the car if that worked financially).  However, I would also let her know that this is her problem and not anyone else's.  

PS:  AZ Ron has more game in his pinky than anyone else in the FFA.

No good options on this one Coal Man. A lot of tell your wife this and tell your wife that going on in here, but we all know it's just pissing in the wind and you've been doing that.

That's just the way it goes with women. There's always a price. It sounds like you got a minx in the sack, she's probably a good mom and good with money too. For all that, this is just the price you'll have to pay. It could be a lot worse. Just keep taking your licks on this one and it'll pass. 

I wouldn't ask the neighbor to move his car so much as casually mention that my wife will eventually hit his car if he keeps parking it like that.

My initial thought was this was a case of a woman testing to see if her man would stand up for her but then lines get drawn, etc... until POWER STRUGGLE!

But GCM actually admitting that his wife is a terrible driver and could hit the parked car tells me that something needs to be done other than 'nothing.'

I would suggest that it is the back of the house so the small bit of grass she needs to run over to turn earlier is expendable. Have you told her it is perfectly fine to run it over or, unfortunately with more labor, convert it to something else (concrete or rocks). Or can you change the side of the garage she parks in? These solutions don't exist if it's just a power struggle as the argument isn't really about what's being argued.

I'm not in favor of asking neighbor to move his car around front, but can't tell for sure from pics if he could park on other side of his garage, still half on the street.

I'm not in favor of asking neighbor to move his car around front, but can't tell for sure from pics if he could park on other side of his garage, still half on the street.
As you can probably tell from the pictures, this is a new development and they built the houses ridiculously close to each other and made up for the puny yards with large common spaces.  I'm guessing that he avoids parking on the other side of his garage because, on that side, half his car will be over his property line.  On the site he parks on he can fit his whole car within the boundaries of his property.

My initial thought was this was a case of a woman testing to see if her man would stand up for her but then lines get drawn, etc... until POWER STRUGGLE!
I do think there's a power struggle element.  My wife has made demands of me where she could not possibly care about her demand -- she just wanted me to cave to it.  I think that could be part of the reason in her demanding my neighbor move his car, but I do believe her female/Oriental driving is the greatest factor.

Alright, here we go.

I still haven't talked to the Ruskie.  Three reasons: (1) I work long hours; (2) He works longs hours; and (3) I'm secretly a #####.

I did, however, get some pictures that will allow you to visualize the situation.

-- You'll see a pic of the "alley" and how another neighbor parks the same way as my neighbor.  In this pic you'll see my open garage door directly across from my neighbor's white truck.   (The black truck further down the alley in this pic is not usually parked there.  They were some illegals in the neighborhood to do yard work.)

-- You'll see a close up of my neighbors truck to show how he tries to park mainly on his property, but about half his car trickles onto the street.

-- Finally, you'll see the vantage point from my wife's car door to get a precise idea of why she thinks it's impossible (IMPOSSIBLE!) to back out of the garage without nearly hitting the neighbor's car.

Enjoy.

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Gary_Long_Dong/library/?view=recent&page=1
Wow. Take her keys away...she doesn't need to be driving at all!

MikeMan's post spurred a new idea. Put in rumble strips as a sort of "warning track."
my buddy's dad was driving back home to Chicago with his townie girlfriend who's from way out rural Wisconsin.  she'd never been south of Milwaukee or something.

they rolled over some rumble strips when pulling up to a tollbooth.  she, apparently, started screaming about the car coming apart or some nonsense. started wailing and crying, yelling that they were going to die.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  i'm imagining a similar reaction here

Wow. I was willing to giver the benefit of the doubt but I could back a large trailer out of there 

oh and that is not a truck

Alright, here we go.

I still haven't talked to the Ruskie.  Three reasons: (1) I work long hours; (2) He works longs hours; and (3) I'm secretly a #####.

I did, however, get some pictures that will allow you to visualize the situation.

-- You'll see a pic of the "alley" and how another neighbor parks the same way as my neighbor.  In this pic you'll see my open garage door directly across from my neighbor's white truck.   (The black truck further down the alley in this pic is not usually parked there.  They were some illegals in the neighborhood to do yard work.)

-- You'll see a close up of my neighbors truck to show how he tries to park mainly on his property, but about half his car trickles onto the street.

-- Finally, you'll see the vantage point from my wife's car door to get a precise idea of why she thinks it's impossible (IMPOSSIBLE!) to back out of the garage without nearly hitting the neighbor's car.

Enjoy.

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Gary_Long_Dong/library/?view=recent&page=1
:lmao:  at "Gary_Long_Dong" as your Photobucket account name.

Thanks for the bump.  Good time for an update.

Several nights ago I looked out my window and saw the Ruskie getting hammered with my Colombian neighbor (he's legal).  I was already hammered and wanted to avoid nagging so I grabbed my weed stash and pipe and joined the neighbors for some late night debauchery/wife avoiding.  I let the Ruskie know about the situation and my wife's threats to go to the HOA, but left it in his hands to decide what he wanted to do.  I even mentioned this thread.

We hung out for a couple hours smoking and drinking.  I even signed an HOA document for him.  He's building a patio and needs to get signed approval from his neighbors.  No problem to me.

Anyway, when I got in that night, my wife was furious.  I'm a loud *******, and get even louder when drunk (friendly loud).  My wife apparently cracked a window to eavesdrop, and she was pissed over what she heard.  She though that I was way too cavalier in my approach, and she didn't appreciate me making her a laughing stock on the internet.  I assured her that I was just posting a poll online to see if I was in the right or she was in the right, and any laughing at her expense was completely extracurricular.

Fast forward to today.  The Ruskie is still parking in the alley and my wife is now more furious than ever because I signed an HOA document for him, and he refused to return the favor by abiding by my wife's wishes.  I can see her point.

So I'm sitting at work today and the following text message pops up:

"I'm about to call the HOA.  Done kissing Misha's ####### ###.  Tried to resolve it in a neighborly fashion, but I'm learning these type of people don't mind imposing their will on others. 2nd Russian in my life to try to #### me over."

I told you that some of the bad blood stemmed from my wife hating my Russian ex.

So you did not do what the FFA decided, and you've made the situation worse.  
I had to call an audible because my wife threatened to go to the HOA if I didn't talk to my neighbor.  Now I talked to my neighbor and my wife has doubled-down on going to the HOA.  It's a no-win situation for me.  At this point I no longer care what happens, and may actually prefer her going to the HOA.  At least the complaining, nagging, and haranguing will end for me.  Well, at least until the next issue, and there's always a next issue.

Users who are viewing this thread