What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dispute With My Wife. I'll Do What The FFA Rules. (1 Viewer)

(Read the facts in the first post before voting.) What should I do?

• Ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is right about the parking situation, and you're wrong

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • Ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is wrong about the parking, but she's right that a hus

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • Ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is wrong about the parking, wrong about a husband alwa

Votes: 63 19.9%
  • Don't ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is right about the parking situation, but it's h

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • Don't ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is right about the parking situation, but you ca

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Don't ask your neighbor to move his car. Your wife is dead wrong, and your life sounds horrible.

Votes: 211 66.8%

• Total voters
Funny that she doesn't she that SHE is the only one trying to impose her will. 

From the terrible driving, to the emasculating berating, to the constant nagging, to the snooping and the complete hypocriticalness... I hate your wife. 

I had to call an audible because my wife threatened to go to the HOA if I didn't talk to my neighbor.  Now I talked to my neighbor and my wife has doubled-down on going to the HOA.  It's a no-win situation for me.  At this point I no longer care what happens, and may actually prefer her going to the HOA.  At least the complaining, nagging, and haranguing will end for me.  Well, at least until the next issue, and there's always a next issue.
have you ever thought to tell you wife to  grow up and not evesdrop on you because you're a grown ####### man and don't need her to nag you like a child?   Try that one someday when your balls drop

have you ever thought to tell you wife to  grow up and not evesdrop on you because you're a grown ####### man and don't need her to nag you like a child?   Try that one someday when your balls drop
:lmao:

As I've pointed at numerous times in this thread, I routinely tell her she's wrong, and I routinely demand that she stop nagging.  Sometimes I'll get loud at her, and sometimes I'll laugh and mock during the nagging because I know that drives her even more insane.  I'm a non-confrontational guy by nature (most dudes are) so many times I just don't even want to deal, and end up taking this approach.  It's a survival instinct.

I had to call an audible because my wife threatened to go to the HOA if I didn't talk to my neighbor.  Now I talked to my neighbor and my wife has doubled-down on going to the HOA.  It's a no-win situation for me.  At this point I no longer care what happens, and may actually prefer her going to the HOA.  At least the complaining, nagging, and haranguing will end for me.  Well, at least until the next issue, and there's always a next issue.
What you're missing here is that if she goes to the HOA and gets it solved that way, you're never ever going to hear the end of it. It will always be something that's brought up, the time you ####ed out, didn't take her side, didn't stick up for her, and she had to do it herself. She'll brag about getting it taken care of herself and #### on your role in things. With how big a thing this became between you this will never go away.

You are ####ed regardless of what happens, and this thread doesn't paint a rosy picture of your wife--from the name calling, to the nagging, to the irrationality, to the eavesdropping and the temper...the list goes on. Good luck.

Edit: Dude this just keeps getting worse. For a "great marriage" you two have absolutely awful communication skills. This is only going to get worse over time, and smaller and smaller issues will continue to balloon into huge problems like this.

:lmao:

As I've pointed at numerous times in this thread, I routinely tell her she's wrong, and I routinely demand that she stop nagging.  Sometimes I'll get loud at her, and sometimes I'll laugh and mock during the nagging because I know that drives her even more insane.  I'm a non-confrontational guy by nature (most dudes are) so many times I just don't even want to deal, and end up taking this approach.  It's a survival instinct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha - Same boat almost...

My Wife gets Psycho when ppl park in front of our house.... So, another psycho lady across the street purposely parks in front of our house.... To me, who the hell cares - But, she makes up #### like "my babysitter needs to park there" or..... I forget all the other BS lol....

When my wife downs a few wines all hell would break loose... 

So, we have neighbors that hate us.... I talk to the dude - like dudes normally talk - Sports, Beer, Life... All Good :banned:

Now.... We're moving 2 blocks away...... I already pointed out to my wife that the neighbor across the street must run a a service company and had a beat up nasty van outside - But, I'm sure that's some storm I'll somehow be in the middle of about 6 months from now....

ConnSKINS26 said:
What you're missing here is that if she goes to the HOA and gets it solved that way, you're never ever going to hear the end of it. It will always be something that's brought up, the time you ####ed out, didn't take her side, didn't stick up for her, and she had to do it herself. She'll brag about getting it taken care of herself and #### on your role in things. With how big a thing this became between you this will never go away.

You are ####ed regardless of what happens
UPDATE:

I wanted to post this last night, but I couldn't do it discretely.

My wife came home last night more furious than ever.  Nobody in her path was safe.  Apparently. she called the HOA yesterday, and the HOA said that they could do nothing to resolve the situation.  There's no HOA rule prohibiting alley parking so my wife would have to raise a motion at the next HOA meeting and get majority support throughout the HOA amendment process.   :lmao:

Now, more than ever, she is demanding that I demand the Ruskie to move his car.

If the Cold War suddenly restarts, rest assured it restarted in Maryland.

UPDATE:

My wife came home last night more furious than ever.  Nobody in her path was safe.  Apparently. she called the HOA yesterday, and the HOA said that they could do nothing to resolve the situation.  There's no HOA rule prohibiting alley parking so my wife would have to raise a motion at the next HOA meeting and get majority support throughout the HOA amendment process.   :lmao:

My initial take at sarcasm in here wasn't taken well (and I've not tried to defend myself because, why bother, I'll take my lumps and move on) but, really.... ouch.  Is there any chance at all there is something else at play here?  Like, when she was 7 was her dog killed in front of her by a parked car?

My initial take at sarcasm in here wasn't taken well (and I've not tried to defend myself because, why bother, I'll take my lumps and move on) but, really.... ouch.  Is there any chance at all there is something else at play here?  Like, when she was 7 was her dog killed in front of her by a parked car?
I have a Russian ex that tried to come back into my life when I was dating my wife.  No doubt that factors into her dislike of the Russian neighbors.  My wife probably secretly cheered when the Russian track & field athletes were recently banned from the Olympics.

I have a Russian ex that tried to come back into my life when I was dating my wife.  No doubt that factors into her dislike of the Russian neighbors.  My wife probably secretly cheered when the Russian track & field athletes were recently banned from the Olympics.
Tell her you just found that, in fact, the neighbors are Polish?

at this point i have to commend you for an epic troll job. 
On my wife?  

Because it's not a troll job on this board.  Sadly, pathetically, this is my real life.   :wall:

Otis had the opportunity to come slam drinks with me and the Ruskie while we discussed female driving.  You're welcome to join for Round 2.

Otis had the opportunity to come slam drinks with me and the Ruskie while we discussed female driving.  You're welcome to join for Round 2.
See, this is where I have to admit my disappointment.

I mean, this was the one. The one that all of us here in the internet world have been waiting for - the one that the members of the FFA, both those that are here now but also those that came before us.

A perfect set-up: 

man vs wife

wife vs neighbor

wife vs nefarious past of husband

man vs masculinity

wife vs the FFA

There is alcohol. Woman drivers. A russian enemy that harkens back to the cold war. All coming together at the same time. And on top of that, you have Otis. Ready, willing, and able to come over, with alcohol, and confront the situation.

And create perhaps....no, not perhaps.....THE thread of all time in the FFA. And you blew it. 

Thanks, #####. 

I'm starting to admire your wife's perseverance.  I've got the feeling that after this war of attrition, you'll be the one who breaks and has to go talk to the Boris with your tail between your legs.  I'm thinking your wife may have been right about you all along. 

Hold it. This has been going on for nearly a month and neither of you bothered to read the association by-laws to see if it was actually prohibited?

Yes, technically, she's right that any jutting into the alley is an HOA violation.  And my wife is using that as leverage to get me to step to the plate.  She's saying that if I don't resolve the matter with a friendly neighbor guy chat then she'll make it worse by filing an HOA complaint.  Yep, this is my life.
So this was BS.

So this was BS.
I assumed the wife and the old Asian guy knew the HOA rules when they kept complaining about an HOA violation.  I wasn't going to read the HOA rules to see if they were correct because I thought the Ruskie should be able to park there regardless o an HOA technicality.

The moral to this story is to never trust women or Asians.

I assumed the wife and the old Asian guy knew the HOA rules when they kept complaining about an HOA violation.  I wasn't going to read the HOA rules to see if they were correct because I thought the Ruskie should be able to park there regardless o an HOA technicality.

The moral to this story is to never trust women or Asians.
Just because your wife is a crazy she-bat, doesn't mean all women are.

UPDATE:

You've had my greatest sympathy during this entire no-win situation, and now it sounds like your troubles are about to get even worse.

You now have on your hands an angry woman who has officially found out that she's wrong about everything she's been seething about all these months. As far as I know, that is the clearest path to Defcon 5 for a woman. 

I'd offer more condolences, but they won't help. Nothing will save you now.

You apparently have no right to tell him to move his car until their is a rule.

You've had my greatest sympathy during this entire no-win situation, and now it sounds like your troubles are about to get even worse.

You now have on your hands an angry woman who has officially found out that she's wrong about everything she's been seething about all these months. As far as I know, that is the clearest path to Defcon 5 for a woman. 

I'd offer more condolences, but they won't help. Nothing will save you now.
So everything is okay then?  

(Defcon 1 is the nuclear thing.)

UPDATE:

I suspected as much. I know I asked about this maybe twice at the beginning, there are no 'no parking' signs and the pics pretty much showed there are no real prohibitions keeping people from parking on the street. And it is a street, not an 'alley.' Have the russkies over for dinner, time to end this thing. Air it out and let the chips fall where they may.

Now you are screwed. Just wait until she asks you to draft her HOA Amendment and blames you if it loses. Maybe Otis could take this on pro bono!

Anyway, when I got in that night, my wife was furious.  I'm a loud *******, and get even louder when drunk (friendly loud).  My wife apparently cracked a window to eavesdrop, and she was pissed over what she heard.  She though that I was way too cavalier in my approach, and she didn't appreciate me making her a laughing stock on the internet.  I assured her that I was just posting a poll online to see if I was in the right or she was in the right, and any laughing at her expense was completely extracurricular.
This reminds me of the time me and a buddy were planning our friend's bachelor party and I joked via email that he should bring some of his sex addicted clients on our boat (he's a psychotherapist).  My wife tracked down the email and posted the situation to her friends on her female internet forum.  Over the years we would meet her internet friends in person and I could tell the absolutely hated me since I had been portrayed as the gross, pervy cheater.  To be fair, they got the gross and pervy part right.   

Tell me, did the surgeon slip during your vasectomy? Tell the dragon that she lost and deal with it!  When she tries bringing it up again, tell her to handle it herself because you're not going to.

Sounds like you have birthday/christmas presents already figured out.  

6 hours of driver ed training imo

IT'S OVER!
It's never over.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor or when my wife bombed the Russians?

UPDATE:

My wife called the HOA... again!  

Though there is no rule to prohibit the Ruskie from parking where he does, my wife somehow convinced the HOA to send him a letter asking him to please park elsewhere.  

I'm not sure if the person my wife spoke with actually agreed with her on the parking issue or if she simply wore him down like she's worn me down.

No word yet on whether the Ruskies have received the letter.  I have the distinct feeling that next time I see my neighbor he's going to stare me down and mutter, "I must break you."

IT'S OVER!
It's never over.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor or when my wife bombed the Russians?

UPDATE:

Though there is no rule to prohibit the Ruskie from parking where he does, my wife somehow convinced the HOA to send him a letter asking him to please park elsewhere.  

I'm not sure if the person my wife spoke with actually agreed with her on the parking issue or if she simply wore him down like she's worn me down.

No word yet on whether the Ruskies have received the letter.  I have the distinct feeling that next time I see my neighbor he's going to stare me down and mutter, "I must break you."

UPDATE:

You are screwed.

UPDATE:

I think you'll be fine. No worries.

UPDATE:

Yep.  Getting letters from the HOA really pisses a person off.   

Users who are viewing this thread