What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

I just filled out my survey.   Getting better rookie coverage made all of my comment boxes.   Do you think they got the message?
I did the exact same thing. The Draft Dominator and other drafting tools should have some type of filter that sorts the rooks were we print off a Rookie only Ranking.

Tex

I just filled out my survey.   Getting better rookie coverage made all of my comment boxes.   Do you think they got the message?
You'll have to let me know if you subscribe next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
SMU redshirt junior WR Courtland Sutton will play in the DXL Frisco Bowl against Louisiana Tech on Wednesday.

Sutton (6'4/214) will have one last fling with the Mustangs before he moves on to preparation for the 2018 NFL Draft. He's a probable Day 1 selection and it's not out of the question that the wideout could hear his name called within the top-10 picks, if not soon after. Walter Football's Charlie Campbell sees some of Mike Williams and Mike Evans in the big receiver's game. He should receive red zone opportunities early in his NFL career.

Source: 247Sports

Dec 19 - 5:33 PM

Thanks @Hankmoody  I'm not sure what you mean. We try to pay attention to all parts of the survey. It's why we ask. 
I meant that this is the caliber of dynasty coverage that interests me.  Listing of 100 upcoming rookies, many with detailed snippets, in November - this is "leg up" type of information that few of my opponents will see.  That's game-changing.  I'm a pretty hardcore FF'er but there are a number of names on that list I need more info on.  Heck there are a few I haven't even heard of yet.

One of the questionairre text boxes asked for specific reports or links if possible.  I would have included that one in there had I seen it before I completed the survey.

I meant that this is the caliber of dynasty coverage that interests me.  Listing of 100 upcoming rookies, many with detailed snippets, in November - this is "leg up" type of information that few of my opponents will see.  That's game-changing.  I'm a pretty hardcore FF'er but there are a number of names on that list I need more info on.  Heck there are a few I haven't even heard of yet.

One of the questionairre text boxes asked for specific reports or links if possible.  I would have included that one in there had I seen it before I completed the survey.
Cool. Thanks.

They do a great job with their content at dynastyleaguefootball.com .  At $29.95 per year for dynasty coverage, that seems like a fair value. 

If Footballguys were to expand our Dynasty coverage to something similar and add it on top of all the other season long features we currently do, I wonder how much more people would pay? 

My guess is people want the depth of coverage that dynastyleaguefootball does but don't want to pay any more for it. Even though the market price for that kind of dynasty coverage seems to be worth $30 per year by itself. 

Like anything, it's a balance there for what we can afford to do balanced with how much people will pay for the product. 

Thanks for the feedback and we'll keep weighing those things out for next season.

Cool. Thanks.

They do a great job with their content at dynastyleaguefootball.com .  At $29.95 per year for dynasty coverage, that seems like a fair value. 

If Footballguys were to expand our Dynasty coverage to something similar and add it on top of all the other season long features we currently do, I wonder how much more people would pay? 

My guess is people want the depth of coverage that dynastyleaguefootball does but don't want to pay any more for it. Even though the market price for that kind of dynasty coverage seems to be worth $30 per year by itself. 

Like anything, it's a balance there for what we can afford to do balanced with how much people will pay for the product. 

Thanks for the feedback and we'll keep weighing those things out for next season.
You could ala-carte the service.  $15 for base membership, $10 more for access to "premium" daily, $10 for "premium" dynasty, and $10 for access to "premium" IDP.   You'd find it very easy to manage that budget too, because you'd know in advance how many of your customers are expecting what type of service and staff/spend accordingly.

I totally despise the fact that you are spending 1/2 of my membership developing daily content for which I get zero return but your MyFBG is totally lacking what I need it to do and that's the reason I won't be renewing.  I'd be happy to pay for what I consume, and happy to pay more if there's more to consume.

Hopefully this doesn't full derail this thread, and feel free to split this off to a separate thread. 

You could ala-carte the service.  $15 for base membership, $10 more for access to "premium" daily, $10 for "premium" dynasty, and $10 for access to "premium" IDP.   You'd find it very easy to manage that budget too, because you'd know in advance how many of your customers are expecting what type of service and staff/spend accordingly.

I totally despise the fact that you are spending 1/2 of my membership developing daily content for which I get zero return but your MyFBG is totally lacking what I need it to do and that's the reason I won't be renewing.  I'd be happy to pay for what I consume, and happy to pay more if there's more to consume.

Hopefully this doesn't full derail this thread, and feel free to split this off to a separate thread. 
Thanks. That's something we're always looking at and trying to give customers what they want. Thanks for the feedback - it's always appreciated. I've got several more questions if you don't mind but I'll take them to PM so we don't derail this thread. Thanks.

Not sure I think multiple memberships is a good idea. But I could see splitting the daily league stuff though as I’ve never read one of the articles. 

Have you checked out the MyFBG beta? I just saw it fit the first time last night. It's actually really good and if this is the 2018 direction I'd consider sticking around one more year. 

But 100% agree on DFS content. It's easy enough to ignore though. 

And to be super clear - we had / have two subscriptions for 2017.

1. Insider PRO. This covers season long only. No DFS.

2. Insider PRO Plus. This covers season long plus DFS.

We listened when you folks said last year after the 2016 season that you didn't want to pay for DFS content if you weren't using it so we created two separate offers. 

If you just want season long, the Insider PRO is what you want and you will not be paying for any DFS content. 

Josh Allen tossing the potato around in the Potato bowl Saturday. I'll keep an eye on him. I remember watching Paxton Lynch in his bowl game. Totally sucked and I crossed him off right there.

SMU redshirt junior WR Courtland Sutton caught six passes for 68 yards in Wednesday's 51-10 loss to Louisiana Tech in the DXL Frisco Bowl.

Sutton (6'4/214) led the Mustangs in receiving yardage, but SMU was blown off the map almost from the word "Go" and the offense managed just 294 total yards offense in the forgettable loss. This will probably be the last we've seen from Sutton in an SMU jersey. He will likely declare for the draft in the coming days. As a prospect, he's a very strong bet to be swept off the board in the first round. Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer has heard from "many" evaluators that a top-10 pick is in play. You can expect plenty of comps to NFL wideouts like Mike Williams and Mike Evans due to his frame and stature.

SMU redshirt junior WR Trey Quinn caught eight passes for 45 yards and a touchdown in Wednesday's 51-10 loss to Louisiana Tech in the DXL Frisco Bowl.

Quinn (6'1/200) made a nice touchdown grab near the end of the first half, but that merely drew SMU to within 42-10. There would be no miracle comeback in the second half. It's decision time for the redshirt junior, now, as he could potentially declare for the 2018 NFL Draft. The LSU transfer is a warrior in the slot and should light the 40-yard dash on fire at the Combine if he does declare -- Draft Analyst believes he will run in the mid-4.30s. Not only is he fast, he doesn't drop the ball. Per PFF, Quinn posted the lowest drop rate of any draft-eligible receiver this season. The wideout is a borderline Day 2 pick.

ouisiana Tech redshirt junior WR Teddy Veal caught five passes for 118 yards and two touchdowns in Wednesday's 51-10 win over SMU in the DXL Frico Bowl.

Veal's first touchdown was a minor thing of beauty, as he caught the ball on a little screen, then made one big-boy juke to free himself to scamper in for a six-yard touchdown. That came in the first quarter. His second score was a garden-variety 27-yarder one quarter later, no shake 'n' bake required. The 5-foot-11, 185-pounder wraps up the campaign the owner of a 74-950-7 receiving line. He could potentially declare for the 2018 NFL Draft, now, though no decision has been made on that front. Should he call his collegiate career good, Draft Analyst tabs him as a selection for Rds. 6-7 in the spring.

Indiana redshirt junior WR Simmie Cobbs will forego his final season of eligibility to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

Cobbs (6'4/212) put in a 72-841-8 receiving line for the current campaign, setting career bests for receptions and touchdown grabs. Perhaps his most impressive performance of the season came in the opener against Ohio State's loaded defense -- he caught 11 passes for 149 yards and a touchdown in the loss -- with Walter Football's Charlie Campbell noting that he displayed "size, hands, quickness, route-running, body control, and the ability to win 50-50 passes" in that contest. Cobbs is widely viewed as a Day 2 prospect for the spring, but will have upward mobility toward Day 1 with a strong evaluating process.

Source: Simmie Cobbs on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 12:33 PM

Um, pretty hard for the Browns 2nd 1st round pick (Texans) to pass the Giants. The Giants have no plans on winning any more games and even if they luck into winning one of their last tow, this scenario is pure fantasy.
The Browns would screw it up by running out of time and lose the picks.

Tex

Could the Colts surprise everyone and take Saquan Barkley (RB) instead of Bradley Chubb (DE) or Conner Williams (OT)?  They could use a RB too.

Yeah he's apparently a stud.
I don't believe in picking for need with a top 5 pick if the player they select isn't graded as a top 5 pick.  I agree with you they should trade down however.  As much as I like Barkley, this is a deep RB draft and they should address the defense if they stay in the top 5 and select a RB or OL in the 2nd round.

South Carolina junior TE Hayden Hurst said that he plans on playing in the Outback Bowl against Michigan on New Year's Day.

"I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I sat out a game if I was fully healthy and able to compete," Hurst said. The 6-foot-5, 253-pound tight end has already declared for the NFL Draft, but will be full-speed ahead for bowl action on New Year's Day unless he's dinged up in practice over the next week-plus. Hurst was named first-team All-SEC following the regular season, having logged a 41-518-2 receiving line across 12 games played. While not the most fleet a-foot prospect in the draft pool, the junior has the requisite size for NFL play and has enough speed to bust it down the seam when called upon. He'll likely be vying for a Day 3 selection in the spring.

Source: Hale McGranahan on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 2:13 PM

Sapakoff: NFL draft prospect Hayden Hurst is dangerously loyal to the Gamecocks

Excerpt:

Hurst in three football seasons with the Gamecocks went from failed minor league pitcher (albeit with a $400,000 signing bonus from the Pittsburgh Pirates) to football project to SEC star.

After 97 catches, including 41 this season, the remarkably agile 6-5, 250-pound Hurst is rated among the top tight end prospects for the 2018 NFL draft.

SMU redshirt junior WR Courtland Sutton announced that he will declare for the NFL Draft.

Sutton (6'4/214) will likely hear his name called in Rd. 1 this spring barring a poor pre-draft process. He may have been a first-rounder had he declared after last season, but Sutton returned to post a 62-1017-12 line. Sutton isn't necessarily a polarizing prospect, but some like him more than others. B/R's Matt Miller ranks Sutton as the class' No. 2 receiver, but says Sutton has the highest ceiling of any WR in the crop. ESPN's Mel Kiper does not rank Sutton among his top-25 prospects, while Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline currently has a second-round grade on Sutton. "One aspect of his game that scouts would like to see him clean up is his route running; he’ll sometimes drift at the top of his routes and is light on his cuts," Pauline wrote. In his first 2018 mock draft, Todd McShay slotted Sutton No. 27 to the Jags. SI's Albert Breer recently reported that he'd heard from "many" evaluators that Sutton could be a top-10 pick.

Source: NFL.com

Dec 22 - 11:46 PM

Users who are viewing this thread