What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite "non-hit" song by a major artist (1 Viewer)

Pearl jam - porch
I think that got some radio play. I think it still does on occasion.

But anything Pearl Jam would be good, radio play or not.
Been a die hard PJ fan since 91. Don't think I've ever heard it on the radio. "Better man", "black" and "yellow Ledbetter" are the pj songs that have probably received the most radio play that weren't official singles.
Off He Goes

Off my favorite album by any band. Who you are was released as a single or that would have gotten my vote.

Porch has so many great live versions, I'm glad it wasn't a radio tune. Austin City Limits this October!

The Murder Mystery - The Velvet Underground

So Fine - ELO

Sick Again - Zep

The Spider and the Fly - Rolling Stones

Queen has several: "Brighton Rock", "The Prophet's Song", and "Don't Try Suicide" to name three.

Also: "Journey of the Sorcerer" by the Eagles

Billy Joel- Vienna

Kansas- Opus Insert

Gordon Lightfoot- The Circle is Small

Matchbox 20- Shame

Supertramp- Child of Vision

Soulshine - Allman Bros.

Not sure if this one fits the topic, but Respectable by the Rolling Stones is another great song.

Pearl jam - porch
I think that got some radio play. I think it still does on occasion.

But anything Pearl Jam would be good, radio play or not.
Been a die hard PJ fan since 91. Don't think I've ever heard it on the radio. "Better man", "black" and "yellow Ledbetter" are the pj songs that have probably received the most radio play that weren't official singles.
Off He Goes

Off my favorite album by any band. Who you are was released as a single or that would have gotten my vote.

Porch has so many great live versions, I'm glad it wasn't a radio tune. Austin City Limits this October!
Off He Goes is one of my favorite PJ songs. PJ and Radiohead are both bands with such expansive catalogs that it is hard to pick one song to separate.

Soulshine - Allman Bros.

Not sure if this one fits the topic, but Respectable by the Rolling Stones is another great song.
Great one. This song is really underrated. They should have released it as a single, I think that could have been a hit. That's a song waiting to be exploited and ruined by a rom com

You sir are my hero, and have earned my respect forever. Such a beautiful song. I encourage all to look up the live performances from 2001. In Boston and Slane Castle. Simply masterful and emotional.
This poster captured my thoughts exactly. :thumbup:

U2 is the greatest rock band in the world.
Still wondering a bit why this track never clicked on a bigger level. Devastatingly beautiful lyrics, love everything about it. Chokes me up every time I hear it. Went to the Boston show in 01, whoop whoop!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much every non-hit song on STP's Core, even just the instrumental stuff. I knocked it out of the park on my first cassette purchase.

Right Said Fred - don't talk just kiss. Everyone likes to gush about I'm Too Sexy and they overlook this one.

Billy Joel - Summer, Highland Falls OR Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)

U2 - Miss Sarajevo (live version with Bono singing Pavarotti's part...in Italian!)

The Police - Murder by Numbers

Beatles- one after 909Stones- memo from turner (slow version)

Zep- the rain song

Allmans- come and go bluesThe who- trick of the light

Johnny cash - redemption day
Love these. I have heard The Rain Song on the radio, though.The slow version of Memo From Turner was featured in Performance. Also, I think "Trick of the Light" is a John Entwistle song, isn't it? From Who Are You-there are several other great songs on that album.
Memo from Turner is a solo Mick song with Ry Cooder on guitar.

pearl jam - garden, rearviewmirror

Alice in chains - bleed the freak, sea of sorrow

the police - driven to tears, when the world is running down

Muse " Falling Down" from their first album. Live version here!
Neil Young - "The Loner"
"Gods of War" - Def Leppard

http://youtu.be/EBZbO-SS-3Q
The Doors - "Love Street"
Pink Floyd - "Cymballine"
Pearl jam - porch
Metallica - "Orion"

Jane's Addiction - "Ted, Just Admit It"
You people have horrible taste.

Users who are viewing this thread