What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

what is "fading"?
It means to "go against". We used this term a lot when I was a trader. Fading the trend means to go against the trend.
so you guess who the big % plays will be and throw them out. Interesting. the big plays recently have been 50-60%, and they were more obvious than they are this week I'd think (Lacy/Hilton last week). I don't see any that obvious this week, and wouldn't think turning down 30-40% play that you actually think is valuable would be a +EV move
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, although this would be an acceptable strategy IMO for large tournaments where you are trying to differentiate from the field.
Fading H2H or 5050 isn't advisable but it can work depending on the week. You always want to attempt to fade in tournaments if you are going for the jugular.

what is "fading"?
It means to "go against". We used this term a lot when I was a trader. Fading the trend means to go against the trend.
so you guess who the big % plays will be and throw them out. Interesting. the big plays recently have been 50-60%, and they were more obvious than they are this week I'd think (Lacy/Hilton last week). I don't see any that obvious this week, and wouldn't think turning down 30-40% play that you actually think is valuable would be a +EV move
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, although this would be an acceptable strategy IMO for large tournaments where you are trying to differentiate from the field.
how else do you go against the trend?

what is "fading"?
how else do you go against the trend?
Rhythmdoctor didn't say that he was fading the trend. He was just pointing out that "fading" means going against, and he gave the trend as one example of something someone might fade.

A bit earlier in the thread, people were talking about fading week 11 (meaning not betting as much in week 11), and before that, there was talk of fading the Thursday night games (meaning to go very light on players in the Thursday night game in any Thursday contests one enters).

Last edited by a moderator:
Going a litte weird this week. 2 lineups in the same tourney. I just dont feel too hot about any lineups in particular this week. Hey, you never know.

Peyton Manning Matt Ryan

Andre Brown Andre Ellington

Brian Leonard Matt Forte

Calvin Johnson DeSean Jackson

Rueb Randle Brandon Marshall

Golden Tate Rueb Randle

Julius Thomas Antonie Gates

Tucker Tucker

NYG Def. NYG Def.

As for the Condia crap.... These guys are no better at picking players than anyone else. They just happen to have huge bankrolls and love fantasy football. I'd be surprised if he squeeks out an actual livable profit. And hes likely rich anyway, so who cares. Ive played him H2H a lot. And won more than lost.
Everyone says this, but he rolls up 80K in winnings at draftstreet every week it seems. You think he has 100K worth of losing lineups each week as well?
How did you infer from his comment that he thinks condia is losing $20,000 a week?

I realize this may be going against the popular opinion (As I did on Lacy 2 weeks ago... so maybe my opinion isn't worth much) but I am not sure how I feel about Keenum this week.

Eli Manning, yes Eli Manning is a better QB than Keenum. His receiving core (maybe with Johnson as an exception) is as good or better than Keenum's and their running back's (Tate and Brown) are very much similar. I look to Tate to be the more valuable player (if he stays healthy with the ribs). With the exception of Foles (who in my mind is proving he's actually legit) Oakland has held Eli Manning to 7, Roethlisberger to 11, and Alex Smith to 8.

Granted none of them have a guy with the physical gifts of Andre Johnson catching their passes, but why not just get Johnson rather than gambling on the QB who definitely is not better than the previous 3 mentioned that didn't put up much on this D.

Also in those games, all 3 of their running backs (Charles, Bell and Brown found the endzone, Charles got 2, beause he's charles, but Tate can be argued to be similar to the other 2, probably smaller, but similar).
Last 3 Case Keenum starts:

ARZ 19.3

IND: 28.6

KC: 13.8

Last 3 Eli Manning starts:

OAK 8.3
PHI 9.74
MIN 12.5

Eli Manning hasn't exactly been a good QB vs. anyone these past few weeks. In fact outside of his first performance against Philly, he's been incredibly mediocre at best.

Rolling with 4 different lineups this week with 4 different QBs. So basically, I'll be rooting for almost every player in the NFL this week. Haha

Rolling with 4 different lineups this week with 4 different QBs. So basically, I'll be rooting for almost every player in the NFL this week. Haha
I'm casting an even broader net. Last week I got burned by Locker and Eli. I lost about 30% of my bankroll, and probably had them in close to 30% of my lineups... so do the math.

This week the strategy is almost all 50/50, in the $5 range to get those 50 team pools. With the wider net and the easier to win contests (as opposed to Doubles, Triples, etc.) I'm hoping to gain back that 30% I lost, without exposure to one player who could suck or get hurt.

At QB I've got a mix of almost everyone who I think has a solid matchup: RG3, Cam, Palmer, Foles, McCown, Stafford, Rivers, ASmith, and Wilson.

RBs are probably less diversified because I've got Sproles in about 50% of lineups, but his price is just too good to pass up.

I've also got Hilton in close to 80% of my Thursday night games, but he's the only Thursday player I've got.

TEs I'm mixing with Gronk, Graham, G.Graham, Reed, Gates, VD, and Cameron.

Same with defenses - Texans, Seahawks, Cards, Jets.

Lol, after being saved by James's broken foot last week, instead of pulling my remaining funds out I went all in again. Oye.

Heavy on:

All McCown

Shady, Lynch, Tate

Garcon, Decker, A Johnson, McCluster in a few longshot tourneys for cheap

All Gronk

Assorted Kickers

Cards or Texans

I've also got Hilton in close to 80% of my Thursday night games, but he's the only Thursday player I've got.
I was all in on Hilton earlier int he week but then I saw that TENN is VERY good versus the pass so I moved him out of almost all of my lineups. But he is Luck's #1 target, so I'm starting to sprinkle him in a few lineups again.

And Sproles has had such a disappearing act earlier in the year, it's worrisome to depend on him...

I was all in on Hilton earlier int he week but then I saw that TENN is VERY good versus the pass so I moved him out of almost all of my lineups. But he is Luck's #1 target, so I'm starting to sprinkle him in a few lineups again.

And Sproles has had such a disappearing act earlier in the year, it's worrisome to depend on him...
Yeah, I hear ya on that. But there's a few reasons making me play him - he's only available on the Thursday games, and I'll be playing about half of my bets on Thursday and other half on Sunday. So if he's 80% of my thursday games, that's only 40% overall. He's cheap. He's been on fire. And I'm figuring that he'll be around 50% or higher in the Thursday games. So if he has a nice game, and I don't play him... it will suck. But if I do play him, and he's quiet, it won't hurt that bad because he's in so many other lineups.

I love Decker at his price. He matches up well against KC's secondary.
I also like Welker, and he's not bad at 7400. In general I'm avoiding Manning this week because of his injury and the KC defense, but I'm thinking if he feels the pressure from the defense he'll look to Welker often on the hot-routes. Decker seems like the kind of guy who does well when Manning has extended time to find his 3rd/4th option. I'm still playing Decker because of his price, but it's tough to figure out due to the number of options, quality of defense, and the injury factor.

Thurs fade in effect although like some have mentioned I'll have TYH mixed in around 50%. Let others else play Luck, CJ2K, Vinatieri, etc because it's on TV. All of my live Primetime lineups have TYH and IndyD so I'm pretty locked in on what I need tonight anyways.

All this Sproles love has me a little concerned. I guess it's a pretty darn safe play though at that price.

TE ramblings...

Since I've been playing Fleener quite a bit lately since Wayne went down, he will probably go off tonight since he won't be in any of my lineups.

Housler seems like a nice pick at 4900 if you are not going with Graham/Gronk. The next one I'd even consider playing above Housler would be Reed at 5900.

ARZ/JAX...thoughts? Lots to choose from IMO at bargain prices (Palmer, Ellington, Fitz, Housler).

TE ramblings...

Since I've been playing Fleener quite a bit lately since Wayne went down, he will probably go off tonight since he won't be in any of my lineups.

Housler seems like a nice pick at 4900 if you are not going with Graham/Gronk. The next one I'd even consider playing above Housler would be Reed at 5900.

ARZ/JAX...thoughts? Lots to choose from IMO at bargain prices (Palmer, Ellington, Fitz, Housler).
I like Fitz, Palmer, Ellington, and Cards defense. Not playing Shorts after he stunk last week and now draws Peterson.

I am going to go with 2 lineups for tonight. One fading the Thurs players and one with Fitz at QB and Hilton at WR. I was going to go Thurs heavy on one lineup, but there are not a lot of real good options for tonight.

TE ramblings...

I like Fitz, Palmer, Ellington, and Cards defense. Not playing Shorts after he stunk last week and now draws Peterson.
Yeah the Cards D will be well represented in my lineups, but at 5700 I didn't include them there. Probably will have over 75% of lineups with either SEA or ARZ.

Again, I don't know if I think the JAC matchup is as strong as it used to be.

Granted its Jacksonville, but they've had a strong month, you know.. for Jacksonville. Leading the Broncos and Colts at half, beating the semi competent Titans. And Fitzgerald looks like the kind of person who does a 360 when you tell him to "turn around" rather than turning and facing you.

Having some issues having Andre Brown in so many of my Thursday lineups with news that Jacobs might play Sunday... thoughts?

Jacobs' only value comes from 3rd and short and goal line, Brown is fine in those situations, I wouldn't worry he's the lone bright spot for that offense. I don't see Jacobs as a threat to his production.

Final 55k

McCown

Gore

Sproles

Andre Johnson

Vincent Jackson

Jeffery

Reed

Bills

Dawson

Final 60k

McCown

Lynch

Gore

Andre Johnson

Vincent Jackson

Jeffery

Reed

Hauschka

Giants

I have about 93% of my bank in play, screw it.

Maybe lots of the educated lower bankroll players were throwing down $200 for the big one and nothing left to play the field.

what % of your bankroll do you guys put down each week? and do you have rules for not using a certain % of bankroll on one lineup? s

Good Thursday to fade. Barely anyone owns cj or brown. Tons own Hilton and he underperformed. A fair amount own other players too. I guess Fleener turned out to be a decent value too

I'm liking Fitz as a tourney play this week. He's had some big weeks.

Here's my boom/bust lineup...feel free to comment

Mccown

McCoy

Tate

Fitz

Marshall

Tate - not sure about this play

Gronk

Prater

Seattle

(HULK) said:
Good Thursday to fade. Barely anyone owns cj or brown. Tons own Hilton and he underperformed. A fair amount own other players too. I guess Fleener turned out to be a decent value too
Yeah Hilton was around 40% in most of my games. I had him in 80% of my Thursday games. 6.9 points kinda sucks, but I don't think it's a back-breaker in the 50/50s considering his ownership level.

Most others - CJ, Fitz, Wright, Fleener, Vinatieri are all at or below 5% ownership.

Are people meaning Calvin Johnson or CJ Spiller with CJ? I'm usually not this confused.

Because if its Calvin I like the fade but I don't like Spiller at all this week.

Also can anyone post a big league link or 2 from thursday? I only entered a 20 man league for some reason this week, just wanna get a feel for percentages this week.

Surprises from Thursday games:

Andre Brown 20%

Andre Johnson 41%

Keenum at 26%

Reed at 37% (compared to Gronk and Graham below 10%, Gates around 15-20%)

Sproles only 5%?

Also can anyone post a big league link or 2 from thursday? I only entered a 20 man league for some reason this week, just wanna get a feel for percentages this week.
https://www.fanduel.com/contest/3007294/scoring/lineup/20245311/

Hope that works......
Awesome thanks.

I'm surprised by a few. I think Prater is underused at 9% in this one, KC still has a redzone D but its the colts. I could see a few drives stalling and geting some FGs and even if i'm wrong, he's still kicking PATs and probably a FG so he's got a safe floor. I guess he's probably a better H2H play than a tourney play but still.

Also Pats D at 0.6% is surprising, I hate them as an organization but they've been undeniably good on D and historically good against mobile QBs like Cam. I could see them doing a good job in a low scoring affair.

Also Jordan Cameron got snubbed at 4% with a nice matchup that he already cashed in on before. Campbell loves him. And Knowshon at 4% is a shock as well. His price is admittedly high but still thought people would love him with Peyton a little gimpy.

Honestly I'm thinking of throwing these guys into a team for a tournament just to shake up the trends and see how it does. I've been thinking about this strategy for a while anyone ever try it? Just find guys you kind of like who are not frequently owned and putting them into a squad for Sunday?

Yeah that's probably a decent idea for a tourney, to try to target guys who have ownership less than 10%. Of course, that probably means you're choosing guys with difficult matchups. But if Cameron and Sproles are both in the less than 5% category, it's decent. I think Sproles is so low because you have to scroll way down for him, below some really bad options. I think he's hiding.

So I was way off there. Thanks for the clarification.
You were closer than me. I was thinking C.J. Spiller or Chad Johnson. (I am totally fading Chad Johnson this week.) Maybe it's because I just woke up, but it would have taken me quite a while to guess Chris Johnson.

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/3007294/scoring/lineup/20245311/

Hope that works......
https://www.fanduel.com/contest/3008688/scoring/lineup/20495718,20262017/

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/3008690/scoring/lineup/20298159,20408975/

(Not tourneys but over 200 entries)

(HULK) said:
Yeah Hilton was around 40% in most of my games. I had him in 80% of my Thursday games. 6.9 points kinda sucks, but I don't think it's a back-breaker in the 50/50s considering his ownership level.

Most others - CJ, Fitz, Wright, Fleener, Vinatieri are all at or below 5% ownership.
He's not a backbreaker, but if you avoided him you're going into the weekend with an advantage.

Yeah that's probably a decent idea for a tourney, to try to target guys who have ownership less than 10%. Of course, that probably means you're choosing guys with difficult matchups. But if Cameron and Sproles are both in the less than 5% category, it's decent. I think Sproles is so low because you have to scroll way down for him, below some really bad options. I think he's hiding.
I threw out a flier on an expert league, as I think this strategy works best there. All the percentages are by eyeballing the contests people posted (big thanks everyone btw, I appreciate the responses).

I put M. Stafford (10%), D. Sproles (5-7%), B. Leonard (2-4%), D. Hopkins (5%), S. Holmes (0%), D. Thomas (0%), Cameron (4%), Prater (10%), Jets D (10%).

A lot of these guys are feast or famine obviously, but heck, just maybe I'll win the lotto on a few and get enough production to cash. Like I said I've thought about this idea and screw it why not try it. I'll let you all know how it goes. Also open to some input if people have ideas to tinker. Rule of thumb is 10% ownership and under if you have suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread