What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Felix Jones "needs to touch the ball more" -Jerry Jones (2 Viewers)

barber looks more explosive than felix. its a shame he went and got fat.
Are you on something????
i have felix on plenty of teams. dont have barber on any. i am very happy with the current development. but its pretty obv felix is not near as explosive as years past. its arguable who is more athletic between him and barber at this point. doesnt matter, bc hes got the workload and will be very fantasy relevant going forward. congrats that your boy will finally get his due. too bad that dulled his skillset to the level of guys like barber and addai.
:thumbup: I thought you were kidding at first, clearly you dont believe this, do you? :goodposting:

Are you on something????
i have felix on plenty of teams. dont have barber on any. i am very happy with the current development. but its pretty obv felix is not near as explosive as years past. its arguable who is more athletic between him and barber at this point. doesnt matter, bc hes got the workload and will be very fantasy relevant going forward. congrats that your boy will finally get his due. too bad that dulled his skillset to the level of guys like barber and addai.
Hahahahahahaha... He averaged like 6YPC today, yeah that's not explosive. I can't believe you're even trying this schtick.

Are you on something????
Hahahahahahaha... He averaged like 6YPC today, yeah that's not explosive. I can't believe you're even trying this schtick.
7 :shrug:

ofc i wasnt arguing that he wasnt successful. just that he looks more, i dunno "plodding" than the felix i was initially enamored by. but, if getting fat and slow gave him the best shot at getting on the field, then he obv made the best decision and here he is.

too bad that dulled his skillset to the level of guys like barber and addai.
He had a career day. WTF are you talking about?
He is a bitter Barber owner, or he just dropped Felix last week.
i hate this argument and i hate how much it is perpetuated on this board. its illogical. merely owning a player should not transform ppl into mindless homers. i own plenty of players that i think suck and are deserving of criticism. barber is not one of them fwiw even tho i am sure you wont believe that, since it seems any disagreement is handwaved away by the he owns him or his rival argument.

Agree. It's clearly stated within each letter of his post. :lol:
how about a prop bet? i will bet any reasonable amount that i dont have barber on any of my teams. i will do the legwork to find a reputable way to ensure that you get access to all of my rosters and transaction reports.

i hate this argument and i hate how much it is perpetuated on this board. its illogical. merely owning a player should not transform ppl into mindless homers. i own plenty of players that i think suck and are deserving of criticism. barber is not one of them fwiw even tho i am sure you wont believe that, since it seems any disagreement is handwaved away by the he owns him or his rival argument.
I hate it too, but its the only logical explanation for what you said.

Agree. It's clearly stated within each letter of his post. :yes:
how about a prop bet? i will bet any reasonable amount that i dont have barber on any of my teams. i will do the legwork to find a reputable way to ensure that you get access to all of my rosters and transaction reports.
This is funny, so you are just going to show us the leagues you dont own Barber in?

I dont own either Barber or Felix and Felix does look slower to me than he used to. The first run he broke was a huge hole on the left side and he was run down very easily. The second run he broke was a very nice move to the outside but once again after springing free he was run down easily again. He still has the moves and he has a lot more power but his long speed isnt anything near where it once was. Ok feel free to attack since im not on the Felix is #1 bandwagon.

It's not even close. As a Marion owner who bought the preseason reports of his 'fountain of youth' I feel like I was taken in an enron-like ponzi scheme. Jones looks soooooooooo much better, faster, stronger than Marion. It sucks that Marion didn't even get a td, because now we are gonna get **** for his worthless ###.

I mean unless Wade does something stupid :yes:

This is funny, so you are just going to show us the leagues you dont own Barber in?
well, i thought i made it clear that we would find a reputable way to audit so that my adversary was confident that i was not hiding anything.oh and heres a tidbit, when cutler got hurt i needed to cut someone to pick up a QB for this week. i cut lynch rather than felix.

I dont own either Barber or Felix and Felix does look slower to me than he used to. The first run he broke was a huge hole on the left side and he was run down very easily. The second run he broke was a very nice move to the outside but once again after springing free he was run down easily again. He still has the moves and he has a lot more power but his long speed isnt anything near where it once was. Ok feel free to attack since im not on the Felix is #1 bandwagon.
He wasnt run down from behind on either of those runs, nobody in the league would have beat the defenders on those plays, they clearly had the angles.

I still don't think Dallas quite realizes how good Felix actually is. We're talking one of the best RBs in the NFL. He's a much tougher inside runner than most people realize & he showed he can block with the best of them. It looks like the Cowboys are finally waking up, though.

Remember, Felix is still improving. He'll get the feel of how to sustain as a feature back & will get better & better. I believe he'll finish 2010 pretty strong if they give him enough touches, but I look for him to have his breakout season in 2011. A year later than I thought.

My thought as well. :goodposting:

BTW, I'm not sure where people are getting he's slowed down. Several runs today clearly showed he's still electric.

I guess I'm seeing something different, LOL, but in particular, the play were he was hit then busted it outside & started gaining ground on a DB showed he's as fast & explosive as ever. Watch it on Short Cuts if you missed the play.

Expect To See More Of Felix JonesPosted by rphillips at 10/5/2010 11:52 AM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Wade Phillips cautioned reporters that Felix Jones' 22 carries -- a 7.3-average through the first three games -- will increase. His workload, like every skill player's, is contigent upon game circumstances. But the Cowboys want the ball in his hands.

Ah, so how did that work out for you today Wade?

My thought as well. :hifive:
i mean, its pretty simple: we either agree on a way to ensure that you believe you are seeing all of my leagues or you dont bet.
Dont worry about it, you dont like Felix, i do, nothing more to say at this point.
i just like the old felix more. i feel kinda cheated as a fan.
I prefer the Felix that is now the Cowboys starting RB and just had his first career 100 yard game while still averaging 7 YPC. Not to mention ran with more power today than i gave him credit for.

There was never a question as to whether or not he's explosive or whether or not he can break some big runs.

The question is whether he can do it every week while getting 20+ touches per week, and whether or not he can stay healthy while being the main running back.

Time will tell on that stuff. One game isn't going to answer those questions.

JD8p said:
Ladies and gentlemen...your new Dallas Cowboys starting runningback.
Well I'll eat my crow on this. I didn't see a full flip flop in touches coming. I guess I will go back and drop Barber for Felix now. Or Beanie Wells (Someone cut) I may just want to get away from this Cowboy situation all together.

JD8p said:
Ladies and gentlemen...your new Dallas Cowboys starting runningback.
Well I'll eat my crow on this. I didn't see a full flip flop in touches coming. I guess I will go back and drop Barber for Felix now. Or Beanie Wells (Someone cut) I may just want to get away from this Cowboy situation all together.
I would keep Barber if you have a deep roster...and I would be stoked if you have Felix.

Well, I dropped Felix for Torain and instead of pissin' and moanin' about it, I'll tip my cap to any and all that believed Felix would ever become "THE" back in Dallas!!! But since my mistake has already been made, my plan is to pick-up/trade-for Barber on the cheap!! If that works or not, let's give Torain a game or two and then trade his butt and cover my big mistake here!!! Nice work on all who "actually" held true and on to next week....

People trying to sell high or holding at this point?Tough matchup vs Min next wk
I probably cant speak for everyone, but i think im safe in saying that no Jones owner is going to trade him now that he looks like he will be what everyone has been waiting for.
I am...trying to gauge his trade value
Dynasty or redraft?
And please post your roster and scoring system.

Well, I dropped Felix for Torain and instead of pissin' and moanin' about it, I'll tip my cap to any and all that believed Felix would ever become "THE" back in Dallas!!! But since my mistake has already been made, my plan is to pick-up/trade-for Barber on the cheap!! If that works or not, let's give Torain a game or two and then trade his butt and cover my big mistake here!!! Nice work on all who "actually" held true and on to next week....
Believe it or not someone dropped Felix this morning (picked him up) and I picked up Torain off waivers last week. Because we have shallow rosters I played this week without a kicker. Now I don't know what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread