What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W6 - San Francisco V Detroit (1 Viewer)

Harbaugh

"I was really revved up. That wasn't me, just shook his hand too hard. ... That's on me. Handshake was too hard."
That's his response?F him - monumental tool
I'd think what he said pretty much sums it up. I think he probably should have calmed down and gave a professional handshake but I didn't think what he did was really all that awful. He shook hands a little too hard, its was almost like a high five in form of a handshake, and then gave a pat on the back and a "good game" and returned to celebrating. What's so terrible about that?To me Schwartz looked like the tool, running him down just to give him a shoulder nudge and run his mouth. That's bush league, he was obviously just pissed he lost

Last edited by a moderator:
Harbaugh with a tremendous upset in Detroit has every right to be totally pumped about that win. Schwartz lost and has sour grapes because he got his ### beat at home by an inferior team.
Harbaugh, as a 'professional', needs to compose himself as one.
:confused: WOW...can't believe all the anti-Harbaugh stuff. He was excited after a huge road win against an unbeaten team. Yeah...he should have calmed down long enough to say something nice to Schwartz, but this one's easy. The fine from the NFL will go to SChwartz, and it should. No reason to chase down the Niners coach there.Schwartz was 98% at fault there.

This was the ay that Josh McDanial was acting the year the Broncos surprised the league and played well. I saw it coming with Schwartz and his sideline fist pumps. Just plain dumb for a HC to act like this. Win with some class and lose with dignity.

Harbaugh

"I was really revved up. That wasn't me, just shook his hand too hard. ... That's on me. Handshake was too hard."
That's his response?F him - monumental tool
I'd think what he said pretty much sums it up. I think he probably should have calmed down and gave a professional handshake but I didn't think what he did was really all that awful. He shook hands a little too hard, its was almost like a high five in form of a handshake, and then gave a pat on the back and a "good game" and returned to celebrating. What's so terrible about that?
That's what I thought as well. I know Jimmy Johnson carried on when he won his first or second NFL game as a Cowboys coach.

As a neutral observer and without knowing what was said, I think both coaches looked pretty bad. Harbaugh's initial celebration and chest bump with his player were fine, but he should've composed himself a bit better before the handshake. Somewhat an "act like you've been there" moment.Schwartz looked bad with the retaliation, though. There's no need to chase a guy towards the locker room and get into an altercation, albeit a small one.IMO, they both kinda came off like #######s. :shrug:
That's kind of what I thought at first glance. But Harbaugh came off a lot worse with the post-game comments than Schwartz did. Much worse.

Harbaugh with a tremendous upset in Detroit has every right to be totally pumped about that win. Schwartz lost and has sour grapes because he got his ### beat at home by an inferior team.
:confused: WOW...can't believe all the anti-Harbaugh stuff. He was excited after a huge road win against an unbeaten team. Yeah...he should have calmed down long enough to say something nice to Schwartz, but this one's easy. The fine from the NFL will go to SChwartz, and it should. No reason to chase down the Niners coach there.Schwartz was 98% at fault there.
It's totally comical. Someone get schwartz a diaper.

Looking at the angle they just showed on FOX half time, you can tell Harbaugh slapped him on the back pretty hard, almost pushing him and I think that was what set Schwartz off. I don't think Harbaugh said anything to him at all before Shwartz said "WTF?" after the slap on the back.

Looking at the angle they just showed on FOX half time, you can tell Harbaugh slapped him on the back pretty hard, almost pushing him and I think that was what set Schwartz off. I don't think Harbaugh said anything to him at all before Shwartz said "WTF?" after the slap on the back.
I double dog dare Schwartzy to come out and say "well he patted my back really hard"

Just saw both coaches post game comments. Again not getting why people are dumping on Harbaugh. Seemed like he was almost trying to take blame?

Again...obviously over-exuberant, but Schwartz way over-reacted.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Just lost all respect for Jim Harbaugh, what a tool.
Because he beat the Lions, yeah you tell em :homer:
I can't even go into a Lions thread without you being here. :wall:
you're the only user in FBG that I have in my ignore list. Look in the mirror glasshouse
How did you know to reply to him then? :confused:
Doctor Detroit or Jim Schwartz quoted him.
Last week's game still stinging isn't it?
Thought you were a Seattle fan Doc?

'Doctor Detroit said:
you're the only user in FBG that I have in my ignore list. Look in the mirror glasshouse
Doctor Detroit or Jim Schwartz quoted him.
Last week's game still stinging isn't it?
Thought you were a Seattle fan Doc?
They still exist? :football:

98% Harbaugh's fault in my opinion. The only thing Schwartz should have done different is square up with Harbaugh and challenge him to throw down if he was going to push him in the back like an 8-year-old.

Just saw both coaches post game comments. Again not getting why people are dumping on Harbaugh. Seemed like he was almost trying to take blame?Again...obviously over-exuberant, but Schwartz way over-reacted.
really? you don't get it? Harbaugh showed a complete lack of sportsmanship after the game and then came off like a total tool in the presser afterwards. Bill Cowher nailed it on CBS, he owes an apology for such childish behavior.Guy is a tool.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Especially directly...then make a claim that someone else quoted him...gold.Of course, he won't respond to me because I called him biased towards the Bears and he denies it.

Just saw both coaches post game comments. Again not getting why people are dumping on Harbaugh. Seemed like he was almost trying to take blame?Again...obviously over-exuberant, but Schwartz way over-reacted.
lolThat wasn't him taking blame, that was using a press conference to poke Schwartz with a stick a little more. He was just oozing sarcasm.But hell with it. As a niner fan, I'll take Harbaugh over any of the other clowns they've trotted out in the last decade, even if he pisses people off. He's entertaining, and he's winning (so far).

Chargers fan here. I like both coaches, and I'm happy to see them leading their franchises into contender status.

Harbaugh was clearly at fault for not calming down to shake hands with Schwartz. That said, Schwartz is a complete hypocrite for reacting this way after he cursed at Dez Bryant in the Dallas game, after his own fist pumps accompanied by "MFers" yelling after big wins, and after he yelled at Harbaugh during this same game when Harbaugh made a bad challenge. Schwartz is a hypocrite.

Beyond that, his reaction to Harbaugh's poor sport handshake was off the charts ridiculous. And made worse by the fact that he tried to justify it in his postgame comments by saying it was because Harbaugh shoved and cursed at him. Where was the shove, the hard back slap? Yes, Harbaugh was overly exuberant, but that's all it was. There was no shove. And where was the obscenity from Harbaugh? It's not there. Schwartz comes off as the epitome of a sore loser who is making lame excuses here.

Finally, if Schwartz actually squared off with Harbaugh, I feel pretty confident Harbaugh would kick his ###. Maybe that's why Schwartz ran up and bumped him from the side and didn't actually try to address him head on until there was a large group of players in the middle.

I think Schwartz comes off looking like a sore loser and worse. I also think he should be and will be fined, because he pursued Harbaugh to instigate a confrontation.

I agree with JWB that Harbaugh would probably bury Schwartz in a fight

However my take (from watching the replays) is that Harbaugh gave Schwartz a shove in the back/side with his left hand while he was engaged in the handshake.

Chickenchit move IMO and I believe Schwartz would have been well within his right to get in front of Harbaugh and challenge him to a physical confrontation. The other route Schwartz could have taken would have been just to walk away. He took a 'middle road' and I think that is what he did wrong

And I'm a Giants fan if it matters

However my take (from watching the replays) is that Harbaugh gave Schwartz a shove in the back/side with his left hand while he was engaged in the handshake.
Seriously? That was a pat on the back like he gives to every one of his players. If it turned into a shove, it was because Schwartz wasn't prepared/balanced for it.

'Doctor Detroit said:
:lmao:
This is for you Sho Nuff. See if someone quotes another person, then I can see comments even if they are ignored.
You have to un-ignore people to reply. What's the point of ignoring him if you're just going to un-ignore him to reply?

Both came off as immature fools. Both are doing a great job coaching. Both have the sportsmanship of a seventh grader.

I agree that it's Schwartz' "fault", but Harbaugh still comes across as a childish ####### after what happened.

They showed another angle on Fox just now and it's pretty clear that Schwartz says "wtf?" after the weird shove and Harbaugh turns back a little and gives him an "f off" and tries to run away - THAT is what set schwartz off. Harbaugh has always been a d bag...nothing new for him.

'Doctor Detroit said:
This is for you Sho Nuff. See if someone quotes another person, then I can see comments even if they are ignored.
You have to un-ignore people to reply. What's the point of ignoring him if you're just going to un-ignore him to reply?
Because nobody shakes my hand too hard and gets away with it, nobody :boxing:

Schwartz getting fired up after the handshake doesn't win him any fans. He should've gotten fired up with his play calling when it mattered.

I agree that it's Schwartz' "fault", but Harbaugh still comes across as a childish ####### after what happened.
can't understand why coaches of NFL franchises can't have a little more class . . . why can't Harbaugh compose himself for a few seconds and be graceful in the win ???

can't understand why coaches of NFL franchises can't have a little more class . . . why can't Harbaugh compose himself for a few seconds and be graceful in the win ???
You mean like Schwartz, dropping F-bombs on the ref with his mic on and taunting Dez?

'Doctor Detroit said:
Your response was not to something like this...it was directly to flap's post.Your excuse holds no water.

Harbaugh might have acted slightly immature, but Schwartz was the real jack o lantern in the end.
i disagree. Harbaugh's handshake/push outta the way was very demeaning to Schwartz, imo. I think the push in the back was what got Schwartz fired up. Harbaugh needs to act like he's been there and show a little class.

really? you don't get it? Harbaugh showed a complete lack of sportsmanship after the game and then came off like a total tool in the presser afterwards. Bill Cowher nailed it on CBS, he owes an apology for such childish behavior.Guy is a tool.
Celebrating a big win against a previously unbeaten team on the road is far from a "lack of sportsmanship". Childish maybe, but it's a looooooooooong ways from bad sportsmanship.

You mean like Schwartz, dropping F-bombs on the ref with his mic on and taunting Dez?
All coaches drop F-bombs (besides Tony Dungy), and even Bill Belichek taunts opposing players.

Seriously? That was a pat on the back like he gives to every one of his players. If it turned into a shove, it was because Schwartz wasn't prepared/balanced for it.
:goodposting: This. Harbaugh's back pat was waaaaaay too hard, but there's no way there was any malintent there...just child-like (or childish?) exuberance. Either way...Schwartz will be the one paying the fine. Book it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schwartz came off as a whiney tool, dude must have had a load in his man diaper. Can't wait to see the Photoshop images of schwartz with a diaper and a binkie.

:goodposting: This. Harbaugh's back pat was waaaaaay too hard, but there's no way there was any malintent there...just child-like (or childish?) exuberance. Either way...Schwartz will be the one paying the fine. Book it.
:lmao: riiiiiiiight. like he would for one of his players. that's what happened there.

the guy is a tool. always has been.

Users who are viewing this thread