What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ghostbusters, All Girl Cast (3 Viewers)

The Ghostbusters as women is

• Good

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 81 50.3%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 50 31.1%

• Total voters
Is it a reboot or a sequel? Reboot and this is a truly awful idea. Sequel and I can at least get behind the idea that there are new people in the roles because hey, people change jobs. Either way though there is no chance I pay money to watch this.

I think its a reboot. And rumor is Billy Murray will potentially be back in the Walter Peck role. Weird.

I think its a reboot. And rumor is Billy Murray will potentially be back in the Walter Peck role. Weird.
Bill Murray does obnoxious and self-righeous as well as anyone, and makes it funny better than anyone. If it happens it could be the saving grace of the entire film.

Is it a reboot or a sequel? Reboot and this is a truly awful idea. Sequel and I can at least get behind the idea that there are new people in the roles because hey, people change jobs. Either way though there is no chance I pay money to watch this.
I believe it's a sequel. The original script (before Egon died) was that they were too old to continue with the business, so they handed it off to a younger generation.

I don't understand the indignation. You do not have to watch this, and I'm pretty sure you can watch the original as many times as you like. It will remain unchanged. I'll probably watch this if it happens to come on one Sunday outside of football season when I'm hungover. I will be OK if it sucks.

I feel sorry for those of you who's lives will be irreparably damaged by this.

Could be good. Could be sort of like Bridesmaids.

The other two girls from SNL, McKinnon and Jones, are pretty funny. Curious to see how they do in a movie.

I always find it odd on this forum that most guy's first thought for anything is "Are the girls hot?" Kind of sad, really. :shrug:

Could be good. Could be sort of like Bridesmaids.

These 2 sentences don't really mesh. Bridesmaids was Abysmal. Didn't even make it to the end (aND I'll sit through just about any ####ty movie to see the ending)
I, along with many other people, disagree with you. That was a funny movie.
To each his own. I thought Mccarthy's character was one dimensional and predictable after the first joke. Rudolph and wiig didn't have any good lines and everyone else is just filler.

Once they didn't make it to Vegas I bailed. I honestly don't understand how anyone finds this movie funny other than groups of women who watch it and say "oh that is sooooo us!!!"

I thought Bridesmaids was hilarious, especially the plane scene. The plot got to be tiresome and the movie was a little too long, but very few comedies in the past 10 years gave me as many belly laughs as that movie did.

I am in the camps of....

a) The original Ghostbusters wasn't funny and,

b) Women aren't funny.

I'll pass.

This is beyond ####ed up. It's just not believable that women can be ghostbusters. WILL NOT WATCH.

Limp Ditka said:
sbonomo said:
Are there no new ideas in Hollywood....come on. I just saw an article that they are going to remake Indiana Jones....hope these all flop.
Asking if Hollywood has any original ideas is rather unoriginal
Rhetorical question genius...

##### this ... makes me sick. If they really wanted some cash? Call up the OLD crew - throw huge money at Bill Murray and the rest of the crew to come back. THAT would be a great movie/money grab.

I will not watch this abortion starring that hog McCarthy
Settle down, Beavis. LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS. Settle down, Beavis. LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS.
This ends here.

Dr Ray Stantz: Symmetrical book stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.

Dr. Peter Venkman: You're right, no human being would stack books like this.
[Dana, possessed by "The Gatekeeper," answers the door]

Dana Barrett: Are you the Keymaster?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Not that I know of.

[she slams the door in his face. Venkman knocks again]

Dana Barrett: Are you the Keymaster?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes. Actually I'm a friend of his, he asked me to meet him here.
Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.

Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!

Mayor: Is this true?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.

[pause]

Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no ****.
Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Alice, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetent?

Librarian Alice: My uncle thought he was Saint Jerome.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'd call that a big yes. Uh, are you habitually using drugs? Stimulants? Alcohol?

Librarian Alice: No.

Dr. Peter Venkman: No, no. Just asking. Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?

Library Administrator: What has that got to do with it?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Just a few examples of the kind of humor I have zero confidence this new cast can recreate. That is what made the original so great.

Scoresman said:
great job ruining a franchise hollywood.
Bah, what gets ruined? Does it make the original less funny to you?

Let's be honest Ghostbusters 2 sucked about as bad as a sequel could suck and the cartoon was a bad joke. Nothing gets ruined here.

I think its a great idea, just a shame that none of them are hot.
Seriously? Not hot?
She's cute I guess. No, not hot though.
:crazy:
Based on your response I did some more extensive research on this topic. I'm still not getting hot. But she does look good when fully made up and her body is a bit better than I had originally thought.
:shrug:

Some guys like the Kate Upton / Melissa McCarthy type. To each their own.

Scoresman said:

Let's be honest Ghostbusters 2 sucked about as bad as a sequel could suck and the cartoon was a bad joke. Nothing gets ruined here.
Bite your tongue. Nowhere near as bad as Caddyshack 2, Taken 2, etc.

##### this ... makes me sick. If they really wanted some cash? Call up the OLD crew - throw huge money at Bill Murray and the rest of the crew to come back. THAT would be a great movie/money grab.

I will not watch this abortion starring that hog McCarthy
Settle down, Beavis. LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS. Settle down, Beavis. LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS.
This ends here.
Are you sure?

Scoresman said:

Bite your tongue. Nowhere near as bad as Caddyshack 2, Taken 2, etc.
There comes a point of suckitude that it doesn't really matter if something else sucks more and Ghostbusters 2 reached that threshold.

I thought Bridesmaids was hilarious, especially the plane scene. The plot got to be tiresome and the movie was a little too long, but very few comedies in the past 10 years gave me as many belly laughs as that movie did.
I would say that exact description fits the original Ghostbusters. Heck, 99% of all comedies made.

I always find it odd on this forum that most guy's first thought for anything is "Are the girls hot?" Kind of sad, really. :shrug:
This has to be :fishing: , no? Or perhaps my sarcasm meter is busted.
No, some of us just aren't sexist #######s.
Sorry, I am attracted to women, and looking at attractive women is important to me. When did that become sexist?
When it becomes the number one reason as to why you would or wouldn't watch something, it's a little odd.

Users who are viewing this thread