What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ghostbusters, All Girl Cast (2 Viewers)

The Ghostbusters as women is

• Good

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 81 50.3%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 50 31.1%

• Total voters
I always find it odd on this forum that most guy's first thought for anything is "Are the girls hot?" Kind of sad, really. :shrug:
This has to be :fishing: , no? Or perhaps my sarcasm meter is busted.
No, some of us just aren't sexist #######s.
Sorry, I am attracted to women, and looking at attractive women is important to me. When did that become sexist?
When it becomes the number one reason as to why you would or wouldn't watch something, it's a little odd.
Yeah it would be if that were the case, which it isn't. But it's a factor, and I don't see how that would be odd.

I always find it odd on this forum that most guy's first thought for anything is "Are the girls hot?" Kind of sad, really. :shrug:
Sorry, I am attracted to women, and looking at attractive women is important to me. When did that become sexist?
When it becomes the number one reason as to why you would or wouldn't watch something, it's a little odd.
Yeah it would be if that were the case, which it isn't. But it's a factor, and I don't see how that would be odd.
If any of your deciding factors whether or not to watch something is how hot the women on it are, it's odd. Sorry. "Do you want to watch Shindler's List?" "I'm not sure, are the chicks in it hot?"

I guess posing the question of whether whichever one gets the Venkman role will get to make out with whoever they recast in the Sigorney Weaver role is out of the question.

If any of your deciding factors whether or not to watch something is how hot the women on it are, it's odd. Sorry. "Do you want to watch Shindler's List?" "I'm not sure, are the chicks in it hot?"
:lmao:

Scoresman said:
great job ruining a franchise hollywood.
Bah, what gets ruined? Does it make the original less funny to you?Let's be honest Ghostbusters 2 sucked about as bad as a sequel could suck and the cartoon was a bad joke. Nothing gets ruined here.
you bite your tongue about the cartoon. I grew up on that cartoon. Loved slimer

I guess posing the question of whether whichever one gets the Venkman role will get to make out with whoever they recast in the Sigorney Weaver role is out of the question.
Far too odd for some of the people around here.

Scoresman said:
Bah, what gets ruined? Does it make the original less funny to you?Let's be honest Ghostbusters 2 sucked about as bad as a sequel could suck and the cartoon was a bad joke. Nothing gets ruined here.
Agreed. I loved that show.

the ones in the gas chambers definitely are

Too skinny for my taste. That's why I didn't watch that movie.

:mellow:

:mellow:
too soon?

It won't be as good as the Charlie's Angels reboot with Ryan Reynolds, Chris Pratt, and Simon Helberg.

This could be a good film, regardless of the cast, if there was a solid script and director behind it. I see that the director and writer is Sam Macaroni :confused:

I'll pass.

Scoresman said:
Slimer may have been the worst thing about the cartoon (and Ghostbusters 2).

You don't have to be sorry for liking women.

I could see it working if they brought back the old cast in cameos and these were there daughters.

Egon could even make a showing as a helpful ghost or something...or mischievous now that he's on the other side.

It could work...but it won't be that creative and Wiig sucks joy out of me.

##### this ... makes me sick. If they really wanted some cash? Call up the OLD crew - throw huge money at Bill Murray and the rest of the crew to come back. THAT would be a great movie/money grab.

I will not watch this abortion starring that hog McCarthy
Settle down, Beavis. LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS. Settle down, Beavis. LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS.
This ends here.
Are you sure?
Eh, maybe not.

Are there no new ideas in Hollywood....come on. I just saw an article that they are going to remake Indiana Jones....hope these all flop.
New ideas are routinely rejected in favor of established business models. Remakes are that. They don't have to put much effort into a practically guaranteed return. Why bother trying something new and original when you can just rehash old crap and more people will come to see it.

Until crap movies like this start routinely bombing at the box office, they will continue. Unfortunately Americans will trot out and pay to see just about any piece of #### anyone can come up with. Lady Ghostbusters? Pass the popcorn.

I'd rather watch "Girls" with a full Ghostbusters cast.

a new Dan akroyd nude scene every week would be better than Melissa Mccarthy butchering this 80's classic

cant wait to see the trailer of this which will undoubtedly include multiple shots of melissa mccarthy farting and kristen wiig making cynical facial expressions.

cant wait to see the trailer of this which will undoubtedly include multiple shots of melissa mccarthy farting and kristen wiig making cynical facial expressions.
I know, that would totally ruin the franchise, what with their high brow comedy such as "not crossing streams." It's a shame they'd make this just a stupid low brow comedy when the first script could be mistaken for something written by Voltaire.

In a ghostbusters sequel, I want Peter Venkman. I want the guys to be involved.

An all female cast seems like a gimmick. Sure, we could have some new generation ghostbusters that can be female, but this just seems like it will be a bit forced.

The writer and director have a history with these actresses and female leads which makes me think this will be similar to Bridesmaids and other films where it is more slapstick and diarrhea jokes than anything.

That's not the ghostbusters I want to see. So I won't. I am allowed to be disappointed that a sequel I would otherwise be interested in seems like it will suck for multiple reasons.

I know, that would totally ruin the franchise, what with their high brow comedy such as "not crossing streams." It's a shame they'd make this just a stupid low brow comedy when the first script could be mistaken for something written by Voltaire.
You're getting dangerously close to equating the humor in ghostbusters which included Bill Murray's genius among other things to the obvious low brow, lowest common denominator humor of melissa mccarthy and co. Do you realize that most of murray's lines in ghostbusters that have since been melded into our society as cultural icons were ad-libbed? Do you think mccarthy and wiig are anywhere close to capable of matching that talent?

Users who are viewing this thread