What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gutsy picks for week 2 (1 Viewer)

Ike Hilliard over Torry Holt. The Rams are an awful team right now and the Giants will probably make them look just as bad as the Eagles did. :lmao:
Note 2: Giants do not have the CBs that Eagles do. Holt will be open this week.
Very good point.Lito Sheppard is probably one of the top 15 corners in the league.

He doesn't even start for the Eagles.
Yes, but who is going to stop Justin Tuck from killing Bulger.

Kevin Walter over Torry Holt. Until the Rams show that they can actually play NFL football, Holt is just an over-glorified WR3 on my roster & rides the pine.
Brass balls...brass balls. That's all I'm saying...brass balls
Just make it easy on yourself. Bench Holt on the road. Play him at home. He's at home this week.
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like I'll tuck my brassed ones back in my pants and insert Holt in the starting lienup.

Not for sure yet but considering Chris Johnson over Reggie Bush and Ryan Grant.Edit to add: this will be the week Fitz owners were hoping for last week. 100 + yards and at least 1 TD.
Did you see the Lions run defense ..?? I think Grant is one of the best plays this week....
Normally I agree but this is a PPR league and Grant's hammy is scaring me.
Grant will play, just not sure how much. If he put up 90+ yards on Minny with limited carries, I like his odds against the Lions with limited carries as well.At this point, Jackson could still be a scratch for that game.

going back and forth trying to decide whether to start brees or warner this week... i guess that doesn't really make it that gutsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so gutsy, but the "experts" cheatsheets say it's a stretch:

Kevin Walter over L. Coles at WR 3.

I am starting Pierre in a couple leagues. I think he'll get a RZ opp or two, Washington looked pretty vulnerable to the run, and that he'll get more carries if NO is up by a couple scores. Guys I am benching for him are McGahee, Selvin, LenPail, Chris Perry, guys like that. If Lumpkin starts, I'm prepared to plug and chug him instead.

Chris Johnson over MJD, Edge, Perry...not much of a surprise there.

DeSean over Roddy, Galloway, and Courtney freekin Taylor

CBS league...I'm thinking about picking up Seneca Wallace and maybe letting him play in my QB slot. It depends on if Cassell does well or not. It might be better than Ryan or Cassell. :IBTL:

Are we really considering benching the Barbarian this week? Banged up ribs or not...

Benching him for Reggie Bush, Brandon Jacobs w/ Chris Johnson @ flex. Wow, who'd have thunk it prior to week one, eh?

Roethlisberger over Cutler, even though he has a sore shoulder the Browns have the worse secondary in the league I think

Considering starting Forte over Grant, Grant's situation seems to be getting worse, sounds more like a game time decision now.

Possibly Patten or Gage over White, this I have no clue if I will do or not.

i'm starting Stewart over Turner. Turner on the road vs. a good Buc defense, Stewart at home against the Bears. Gut call only, that Stewart has 1-2 long runs ths week against the Bears.

i'm starting Stewart over Turner. Turner on the road vs. a good Buc defense, Stewart at home against the Bears. Gut call only, that Stewart has 1-2 long runs ths week against the Bears.
???? Stewart might get like 8 - 10 carries vs a great Bears defense !!!!!!!!!!!!! And Williams is i think entrenched as the starter !!!Good luck.

Not for sure yet but considering Chris Johnson over Reggie Bush and Ryan Grant.Edit to add: this will be the week Fitz owners were hoping for last week. 100 + yards and at least 1 TD.
This is stupid. Grant is against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league, and Bush is going to get a load of receptions this week (if you're in a ppr he's a must start) I'm starting all 3 this week though (CJ, Bush, Grant)I am startnig Chris Johnson over MJD. Hoping it pays offAlso, starting D. Henderson over Muhammad and V. Jackson. Colston's out so time to scramble for a starting WR (my other is TO). I think Henderson is a riskier pick over the other two, as the other two will get at least 3 catches, and Muhammad was the 2nd most targeted WR week 1... we'll see!

Did you see the Lions run defense ..?? I think Grant is one of the best plays this week....
Grant might not even play.
Grant will play. He rushed for 90 against MIN with a bum hammy and only getting half the plays... against DET he's destined for 100 and a TD with half the plays. BJ has a concussion, but the coach is hoping he'll play- if BJ can't go what will they do- start Lumpkin and only have 1 RB active? Grant WILL play

I'm not willing to pull the plug on all my players after just one week. I'll go with a conservative change:

Rackers over Graham

This is true, but also supposed to be funny! :excited:

LBJ over Earnest Graham.

Maybe.

Maybe don't have the guts.

Waffling.

Think I'm in the wrong forum.

Flacco over Palmer.Not sure, but just might do it as I have no faith in Palmer at this point.
If Haynesworth is playing Sunday, do it, no doubt. If not, it's a tossup.
My choice to go w/ Campbell is based on the assumption Haynesworth is playing. If he is ruled out, I'll put Palmer back in as he torched the Titans last year when Haynesworth was out and the Titan D spent several weeks as cupcakes.

???? Stewart might get like 8 - 10 carries vs a great Bears defense !!!!!!!!!!!!! And Williams is i think entrenched as the starter !!!Good luck.
Are they a GREAT Bears defense, or was Peyton rusty & out of sync w/ his WRs playing w/ a patchwork O-line? I'm pretty sure the Panthers run game is a little more forceful than the Colts' right now.

MJD over J-Stew & Breaston in a return yardage league. FBG projections show MJD behind these two (once I factor in my own return yardage projections), but I think MJD gets close to 100 total yards and at least one TD this week. WAYYYYY too many people counting him out this week. He will get an above average number of receptions (around 5-6) and get at least one shot from the goalline to punch it in.

Derrick Ward: 120 total yards and 2 TDs in largely garbage time against the Rams.
It's posts like this that wake me in the middle of the night. Really? 120/2 Really? This has to be hyperbole. Right? So what are we thinking the Giants are going to rush for as a team on Sunday? 225 and 3? 300 and 4? 375 and 5?

Users who are viewing this thread