What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (1 Viewer)

God help me... I am starting Cutler in one league and Romo in another league in the first round of the playoffs on Thursday night. That sounds like the opening to a "guy walks into a bar" joke. What do you figure.... each guy throws 5 INTs and the game ends 3-0? At least the weather looks good.

:scared:
I'm starting Cutler first round of the playoffs this week and don't feel terrible about it. Not sure what the anxiety is all about. I took him very late in the draft and even so he has performed as a top 10 QB for me, which is what I wanted because I put my draft efforts on other players. Reading this thread I would expect that he was putting up gooseeggs every week but the reality is he's typically good for several touchdowns and often a good amount of yards. No he's not Peyton but he is what he is. Don't really feel that bad about starting him and certainly wouldn't just insert Colt McCoy off the waiver wire for him...that just seems like hype and panic to me...

God help me... I am starting Cutler in one league and Romo in another league in the first round of the playoffs on Thursday night. That sounds like the opening to a "guy walks into a bar" joke. What do you figure.... each guy throws 5 INTs and the game ends 3-0? At least the weather looks good.

:scared:
I'm starting Cutler first round of the playoffs this week and don't feel terrible about it. Not sure what the anxiety is all about. I took him very late in the draft and even so he has performed as a top 10 QB for me, which is what I wanted because I put my draft efforts on other players. Reading this thread I would expect that he was putting up gooseeggs every week but the reality is he's typically good for several touchdowns and often a good amount of yards. No he's not Peyton but he is what he is. Don't really feel that bad about starting him and certainly wouldn't just insert Colt McCoy off the waiver wire for him...that just seems like hype and panic to me...
Just looked at several of the more reliable "sheets" and they are typically projecting him at around the 6-8 top QB this week...sounds about right. So, if you have Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning, yeah, bench him...but I don't get the need to sit him for any old donk at this point...I may be missing something of course so please let me know if there is some aspect of this that I'm missing.

That throw was sick but that's Cutler. He looks terrible and then unleashes the dragon then goes back to being terrible.

Forgetting about the fact that Dallas has outplayed Chicago by a good amount tonight, Cutler has turned out to be a good fantasy play. The garbage time factor is significant. I just want Dallas to score quickly on these Murray runs so Cutler gets it back.

He's just incapable of a turn-over free game, but got his owners off to nice start this week.

I'm not a Bears fan, but I'm interested in seeing them work-in Marquess Wilson some more

but yeah all in all you have to feel great if you starts Cutler. 341 yards and three TDs...one running. the int stinks but for jay just having one pick is pretty good

Good fantasy play...yes. A piece of freakin' dog#### as far as a clutch NFL QB. I saw him throw at the feet of 6'4" + receivers at least 3 times and to receivers who were not in the least bit open 4 or 5 times.

And Jeff George part 2 comes through again.

Although without Marshall I wouldn't trust him next week. Not every D can be as bad as Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Although without Marshall I wouldn't trust him next week. Not every D can be as bad as Dallas.
Jeff George won me a fantasy title once upon a time. Real life garbage but fantasy gold.

Why does Cutler always look like the most miserable guy in the stadium? He's like the guy version of that girl from Twilight that never smiles.

Jeff George won me a fantasy title once upon a time. Real life garbage but fantasy gold.

Why does Cutler always look like the most miserable guy in the stadium? He's like the guy version of that girl from Twilight that never smiles.
True that, and me too.

The Cutler/George comparisons have no limits!

Marshall just went on IR, that won't help Cutler.

Rotoworld:

Speaking Monday, Bears coach Marc Trestman insisted the team has "never wavered" on Jay Cutler as its starting quarterback.

Trestman's endorsement comes one day after NFL Network reported the Bears were having "serious buyer's remorse" after giving Cutler a seven-year, $126.7 million deal in January. Cutler is on pace for 4,241 yards, and a new career-best 32 scores, but his play has gone in the gutter during the second half of the season. The majority of his numbers have been amassed in garbage time, with Cutler mostly limited to dinking and dunking with games still in doubt. Cutler turns 32 in April.

Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter
Dec 8 - 1:07 PM

Before anyone piles on - I know this is an "Assist Coach" question.

Two weeks ago I swore I wouldn't play Cutler again, then the following week he has mediocre numbers but nice Fantasy stats in my league.

With a FF Championship at stake next week, I need big points this week, and Cutler is playing the Saints porous defense and my other option is Tom Brady, Is the Dolphins defense still at lease a little stingy?

Two weeks ago I swore I wouldn't play Cutler again, then the following week he has mediocre numbers but nice Fantasy stats in my league.

With a FF Championship at stake next week, I need big points this week, and Cutler is playing the Saints porous defense and my other option is Tom Brady, Is the Dolphins defense still at lease a little stingy?
'Man, I can't believe I started Cutler over Brady. What was I thinking?'s

Yea I'm not going to be that guy. Start Brady and take his 20 points.

No passer this season has thrown for 300 yards against the Dolphins...Stafford, Rodgers, Manning, and Brady included. I wouldn't fault someone going with Cutler vs the Saints, who have allowed a 400 yards thrower 3x

Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer apologized to the team's offensive players in a meeting Monday night, Kromer confirmed to the Chicago Tribune.Citing sources, the Tribune reported that Kromer became emotional and tearful during his apology and said he shouldn't have made critical comments about quarterback Jay Cutler to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport, though he did admit being frustrated by Cutler's play.
Things are going great.

I once played ball w/ Jeff George in HS. What I see in Cutler is eerily similar to George. Honestly, I think George was ahead of his time. If he hit the league 10 years later, he'd be a much better version of Cutler. Cutler sucks and I honestly feel he either takes drugs or completely shows his highs and lows more than anyone I've ever seen.

So is anybody still starting him for FF? The matchup looks good on paper, but with Marshall done and all the drama I'm starting to debate.

I've been back and forth deciding between Cutler and Sanchez all week. I can't believe my week 15 game comes down to either Butt Fumble or Pouty Face. If anyone has insight, please provide as it would be greatly appreciated. With that said, I'm leaning Cutler vs NO as the Saints defense is terrible. The Dallas vs Philly game might be one of those all out war games where the both defenses play at high levels and I've never remembered Sanchez to come up big in those situations.

I've been back and forth deciding between Cutler and Sanchez all week. I can't believe my week 15 game comes down to either Butt Fumble or Pouty Face. If anyone has insight, please provide as it would be greatly appreciated. With that said, I'm leaning Cutler vs NO as the Saints defense is terrible. The Dallas vs Philly game might be one of those all out war games where the both defenses play at high levels and I've never remembered Sanchez to come up big in those situations.
I'm in the same situation and am leaning Cutler as well.

Users who are viewing this thread