What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (1 Viewer)

Cutler is my only qb now heading into the playoffs. Anyone else in the same boat. Im going to have to make a trade for a qb because I can't trust this guy at all

Cutler is my only qb now heading into the playoffs. Anyone else in the same boat. Im going to have to make a trade for a qb because I can't trust this guy at all
Same scenario. I was happier with Palmer and no clue what to do. WW options no good. I think I will roll with cutler...

I think cutty's a fairly turible rl qb, but he'll get you some fantasy stats --- I wouldn't worry too much about that angle, just actual bears wins

Same scenario. I was happier with Palmer and no clue what to do. WW options no good. I think I will roll with cutler...
I'm hoping to get sanchez for ryan mathews....there's no way i'm rolling with cutler plus week 16 i think he plays the lions

I'm hoping to get sanchez for ryan mathews....there's no way i'm rolling with cutler plus week 16 i think he plays the lions
Just step back and listen how awesome that sounds.

Could you imagine last year saying this...that you were hoping to get Sanchez to play in front of Culter in FF?

Just all sorts of greatness there.

If we're stuck with Cutler, you tank for Gurley and make your team a 'rock hard defensive / control the clock' type of team.

I'm anxious to see what our offseason is. We need to use Cutler like the Ravens use Flacco.

Bears would be quite pleased with a Brandin Cooks or Jarvis Landry right about now.
ok
So you're saying that if the Bears had a rookie RB and another WR, the defense would play better and that would help Cutler?
Lmao, reasons like this are why I avoid posting in the Shark Pool.

1.) Yes, a Rookie RB who may be the most talented RB since Adrian Peterson would help the Defense because it would keep them off the field.

2.) You obviously use this offseason to acquire a few core defensive guys and go with defense the rest of your draft.

3.) The point about Landry and Cooks has nothing to do with the defense. The Bears thought Marquess Wilson was going to be that 3WR to take advantage of matchups. But he's been unavailable and I don't think he has the goods.
So you think the problem with the Bears are at RB and WR? Maybe that is why you should avoid posting here. You know who else was the best RB since AP? Trent Richardson.

Good point about the D though. I'm not sure why everyone doesn't build an elite defense to help their QB. GM's are so stupid.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
If we're stuck with Cutler, you tank for Gurley and make your team a 'rock hard defensive / control the clock' type of team.

I'm anxious to see what our offseason is. We need to use Cutler like the Ravens use Flacco.

Bears would be quite pleased with a Brandin Cooks or Jarvis Landry right about now.
ok
So you're saying that if the Bears had a rookie RB and another WR, the defense would play better and that would help Cutler?

1.) Yes, a Rookie RB who may be the most talented RB since Adrian Peterson would help the Defense because it would keep them off the field.

2.) You obviously use this offseason to acquire a few core defensive guys and go with defense the rest of your draft.

3.) The point about Landry and Cooks has nothing to do with the defense. The Bears thought Marquess Wilson was going to be that 3WR to take advantage of matchups. But he's been unavailable and I don't think he has the goods.
So you think the problem with the Bears are at RB and WR? Maybe that is why you should avoid posting here. You know who else was the best RB since AP? Trent Richardson.

Good point about the D though. I'm not sure why everyone doesn't build an elite defense to help their QB. GM's are so stupid.
You have issues man, lol.

That's literally the exact opposite of what I said. I'll say this one more time for you. Since the Bears are stuck with Jay Cutler, they need to change their Offense to a run-based attack. Matt Forte isn't cut out to do this all by himself. So you bring in Todd Gurley, who if you don't think is going to be a special Running Back then I'm wasting my time even responding to you.

This will limit Cutler's attempts, allow them to control the clock, and keep the defense fresh on the sidelines. I'm not sure where you got anything about the Bears and their skill players being the problem.

If you think Cutler going on there and going 3 and out or throwing an interception isn't hurting the defense, you're delusional.

Last edited by a moderator:

ok

That's literally the exact opposite of what I said. I'll say this one more time for you. Since the Bears are stuck with Jay Cutler, they need to change their Offense to a run-based attack. Matt Forte isn't cut out to do this all by himself. So you bring in Todd Gurley, who if you don't think is going to be a special Running Back then I'm wasting my time even responding to you.

This will limit Cutler's attempts, allow them to control the clock, and keep the defense fresh on the sidelines. I'm not sure where you got anything about the Bears and their skill players being the problem.

If you think Cutler going on there and going 3 and out or throwing an interception isn't hurting the defense, you're delusional.
What part of Matt Forte doing it by himself for quite a while now leads you to believe he can't do it by himself? Any time you draft a player including a high pick RB, you hope he turns into Forte. I like Gurley as much as the next guy, but your premise is ridiculous.

You said the Bears should have drafted an early round WR, and that they need a RB. You don't think that indicates that you think the skill position players are the problem?

ok

What part of Matt Forte doing it by himself for quite a while now leads you to believe he can't do it by himself? Any time you draft a player including a high pick RB, you hope he turns into Forte. I like Gurley as much as the next guy, but your premise is ridiculous.

You said the Bears should have drafted an early round WR, and that they need a RB. You don't think that indicates that you think the skill position players are the problem?
If they wanted to become a running team, they should have drafted Teddy Bridgewater and traded Cutler for a promising linebacker. For now, they made their bed with Jay, gotta lie in it - even if it is infested with fleas that Trestman apparently has no treatment for.

ok

Forte is great in this system. I'm suggesting that the Bears change their system to a traditional fullback / two tightend formation and wear down opposing defenses on the ground. If you watch Bears games, you'll notice Forte racks up a lot of his yardage in obvious passing situations. There's nothing wrong with Forte but he's not the kind of guy I would pick to lead an Offense like the one I think would suit Cutler.

You want a guy similar to Marshawn Lynch in that role. Which is much more Gurley than Forte.

"You said the Bears should have drafted an early round WR, and that they need a RB. You don't think that indicates that you think the skill position players are the problem?"

No man, I suggested a change in philosophy.

"If we're stuck with Cutler, you tank for Gurley and make your team a 'rock hard defensive / control the clock' type of team."

All I said about WR is that the "Bears would be quite pleased with a Brandin Cooks or Jarvis Landry right about now". Which is completely unrelated to my previous statement of a philosphy change.

Forte is great in this system. I'm suggesting that the Bears change their system to a traditional fullback / two tightend formation and wear down opposing defenses on the ground. If you watch Bears games, you'll notice Forte racks up a lot of his yardage in obvious passing situations. There's nothing wrong with Forte but he's not the kind of guy I would pick to lead an Offense like the one I think would suit Cutler.
If I were choosing a QB to run a defense-oriented, ball-control team, there are probably 20 NFL starters I'd choose before Jay Cutler, and 10 or 15 backups. Giving him fewer opportunities to make mistakes doesn't change the fact that he makes a lot of mistakes.

How about this: You have a really solid WR corps and one of the better pass-catching RBs in the league. Maybe instead of completely changing the team to fit one guy who's not very good, you should get someone who can use the good skill players you have.

A ####### journeyman in McCown looked great in Trestman's system last year. It's not the system, it's Cutler. Why on earth would you cater to his weaknesses? There are 20+ QBs who go to bed at night dreaming of having Forte/Marshall/Jeffry at their disposal.

After the worst defensive season in Chicago Bear history, and one of the best offensive seasons in Chicago Bear history, Eminence is suggesting they should've taken a WR with a high pick? At the same time he's arguing for a defensive minded/conservative offense philosophy?

Just wanted to make sure that's what I'm seeing...

After the worst defensive season in Chicago Bear history, and one of the best offensive seasons in Chicago Bear history, Eminence is suggesting they should've taken a WR with a high pick? At the same time he's arguing for a defensive minded/conservative offense philosophy?

That's not what I'm saying at all. All I'm saying is that clearly Jay Cutler is not going to win you any games with his arm. At this point, you're paying 50 million guaranteed to a game manager who is going to take his shots off play-action.

The second comment about taking a WR was in hindsight of the Marquess Wilson injury.

That's literally all I said. Do you not think the Bears would be pleased with a Brandin Cooks or Jarvis Landry? If we were in the same room right now, you'd be asking to get hit for twisting my words around. That comment was completely unrelated to the previous comment.

Besides, I've been saying the Bears need to get a shifty slot-guy for Jay Cutler for a few years now. I still think a security blanket over the middle would be Cutler's best friend, especially when you watch and see the way he utilizes Bennett.

That's not what I'm saying at all. All I'm saying is that clearly Jay Cutler is not going to win you any games with his arm. At this point, you're paying 50 million guaranteed to a game manager who is going to take his shots off play-action.

The second comment about taking a WR was in hindsight of the Marquess Wilson injury.

That's literally all I said. Do you not think the Bears would be pleased with a Brandin Cooks or Jarvis Landry? If we were in the same room right now, you'd be asking to get hit for twisting my words around. That comment was completely unrelated to the previous comment.

Besides, I've been saying the Bears need to get a shifty slot-guy for Jay Cutler for a few years now. I still think a security blanket over the middle would be Cutler's best friend, especially when you watch and see the way he utilizes Bennett.
Bennett is the security blanket over the middle, dude. That's not the problem and it wouldn't matter. And you ain't slapping ####.

here's a vid you guys need to watch -- this guy actually knows wtf he's talking about.

I was about to say i don't know wtf he is, but is that actually the jim miiiillllleerrrrrr?

now I know I was right about him.

btw, it seems to have gotten trendy to bash cutler, so all you bandwagon haters can gtfo.

Bennett is the security blanket over the middle, dude. That's not the problem and it wouldn't matter. And you ain't slapping ####.
he'll get in the ring with you right now for $25

:lmao: I'd be asking for what?? Are you high?

I think everyone is pretty pleased with Kyle Fuller. Stop advocating for more offense numbnuts.

I need Cutler to stop thinking and to start throwing. Folks always want him to think about his throws to limit his interceptions. Thinking only makes him nervous, tentative, and likely to throw more interceptions. Thinking is not this cats strong suit, in fact it is his kryptonite. When he just cuts it loose he is pretty good, though he will never be great. If you are looking for him to be Manning, Brady, or Rodgers you are always going to be disappointed, but he can be good enough.

Come on Jay, put in ear plugs, stop listening to others, narrow your focus to Marshall, Jeffries, Bennett and Forte, and wing that rock. Oh, and I do mean to include Jeffries. Blinders for Marshall only are no damn good.

Man I have to trade this guy off of my fantasy teams. Rooting for him is a frustrating prospect. For now though, go Jay.

Former Bears quarterback Jim Miller unloaded on Cutler after the game on Comcast SportsNet’s “Bears Postgame Live,” noting that Cutler has turned the ball over 192 times in 112 career games, “coughs it up like a Pez [candy] dispenser.”

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]Starting Ryan Mallett over Cutler this week with confidence.[/SIZE]
Cutler hitting rock bottom.

He'll probably throw 4 TDs this week on everyone's bench.

And continue to roll when there's no real pressure anymore and after he's crushed everyone's playoff chances. That's how he rolls.

Former Bears quarterback Jim Miller unloaded on Cutler after the game on Comcast SportsNet’s “Bears Postgame Live,” noting that Cutler has turned the ball over 192 times in 112 career games, “coughs it up like a Pez [candy] dispenser.”
In the past 5 years with the Bears he's turned the ball over 68 times (59 INT, 9 fumbles) in 60 games.

thekidd2009 said:
Is anyone starting cutler this week?
Have him benched for McCown in the one league I own him in.

I distrust Cutler so much I've benched Marshall and Jeffery as well (for Benjamin and Lafell).

Sorry state of affairs in Chicago right now.

Right now I have Cutler in my lineup (McCown on my bench). I don't feel great about it, but I'll likely stay the course & go down with the Jay Cutler ship.

I'm starting him over Kaepernic in my TDs only league. Cutler turns it over a lot, but he also scores early and often.

Users who are viewing this thread