What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

Yeah I'm still duct taping my team. Managed a 5-2 record this past week though. RBs are killing me, and my WRs are fairly weak. Surprised I've done as well (record-wise) as I have.

Jekyl and Hyde team for me this season. Already have two weeks at 0-7 and two weeks at 7-0. Very up and down season, probably tied to injuries with Spiller, Mendenhall, Britt, Hernandez and Keller among my roster. Somewhat disappointed in Brady also.

Hoping to get Hernandez back at full strength and Britt and Keller to pick up production down the stretch.

Well Elite Manning the younger was not and he had help from Jamaal Charles and others in giving me a pretty low score this week :bag:

Needed less than 3 more points at the half from Gore to move to 6-1 and about 7 over that to make it to 7-0, but with Gore sitting out most of the second half stayed at 5-2

FBG remains in 2nd ten games out of first

I am behind in every score, but have mccoy, lance moore and d-jax going tonight...could win 3-4, could lose all I guess, though doubt I come away with less than 2. Mcfadden getting hurt, just hurt. Thank God for Luck, but oddly, 400+ yards means very little...Brandon Meyers was also a life saver.

might scap out a win or two but not looking good....ran into the Martin matchup a couple of times....Ryan not finding the end zone....Charles and Morris sucking it up....wasted good weeks by Cobb and Marshall....

Yeah 0-7 two weeks ago followed up by 1-6. I'm not doing well at all. My Demarco Murray trade is coming back to haunt me. That, and craptastic WR play.

Had I started Olsen (last minute decision not to), I would easily be a cool 7-0...now at least 4-3, likely 5-2 or 6-1...good week, but still can't get past not starting Olsen. My team seems to be turning to the positive, so hopefully I can make up some lost ground.

there are 8 versions of Calvin Johnson in this league......I played against 5 of them this week....you gotta be ####### kidding me....5 out of my 7 games...

I have 118.84 plus Charles.....currently at 1-6 this week...

Charles may get me to 3-4....most likely 2-5.....

starting to think it might not be in the plans for us to win this year...our luck in unbelievably bad....we are putting up some good scores but running into some blow up weeks.....after dealing with the Doug Martin blowup week in over half my games, I now run into Megatron's coming out party....

Posted 132+ this week and will go 6-1 as long as the Steelers score 27 or less. Did myself a favor picking up the Cowboy DST and their three TD day. My loss was against a team that had Ryan, Olsen, and Calvin Johnson, he scored 160+ and still has Bowe going tonight.

Posted 132+ this week and will go 6-1 as long as the Steelers score 27 or less. Did myself a favor picking up the Cowboy DST and their three TD day. My loss was against a team that had Ryan, Olsen, and Calvin Johnson, he scored 160+ and still has Bowe going tonight.
Funny, I did the same thing and it came up in spades...I know we are all busy, but especially in crunch time, if we checked in here a couple of times a week and just bounced ideas off one another, I think we could scrape a couple more wins per week and at least keep us in the 2nd place spot.

134.84 and go 3-4....sucks

overall we are solid as a team....no dead weight compared to some other boards....

Scored 140 and went 7-0, despite going 0-7 and 1-6 the last two weeks. Go figure. If Wallace had stepped up a bit more, I actually could have gone 5-2, despite the 140 score. :unsure:

so there weren't great choices to sub for not so ELIte - I had Smith but thought he might stay concussed ..... but I thought the Jags could sneak up on Houston and score in the air - so I picked up Gabbert - who injures his elbow despite the fact the premise was correct - but it was Henne who got the four TDs :wall:

I need at least 1 point from Gore and for him to not be outscored by 28 by Crabtree to go 7-0 this week also.

GLAD :thumbup: to hear you guys are rescuing me ......still have Akers going tonight and he could get me to 3-4 or insanely to 4-3 (but I don't know what my opponents have going)

If we can keep 9 people in the top 2 tiers, we're gonna be looking great for the stretch (playoff) run

6-1 this week...

nice job boys....it looks like FBG's are the 2012 "regular season" champs by one game.....wow

on to the playoffs....

6-1 this week...nice job boys....it looks like FBG's are the 2012 "regular season" champs by one game.....wowon to the playoffs....
Where pray tell are you seeing that?I see us in 2nd place with the wolves gaining
http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2012/mb/topic_show.pl?bid=201215386&tid=3325171Looks like we got 3 teams into the top tier:GringoRudnickiDuckboyand 6 teams into the 2nd tier:Stinkin RefRzrback77Sweet LoveClash of the TitansPictus CatReneSauzPretty strong showing so far. Let's win this thing.

Friggin' DeSean Jackson cost me two wins with his injury. Only needed about 2-5 points to win them and he couldn't even get me that. :rant:

Still went 4-3, thanks to Rene filling in for me while I was on vacation. Hopefully my duct-taped team can keep getting some wins for us. We're

in first now! :D

ah they changed and you are right - through regular season - first 12 weeks

Football Guys.........537------0

FF Today...............536------1

Fantasy Sharks.....520.5--16.5

Fantasy Guru........520-----17

FF LiveWire...........498.5---38.5

The Huddle............496-----41

Dynasty Football...492-----45

FF Cafe.................432-----105

So the edge in tiers should give us more points in the last few weeks if I understand this

ah they changed and you are right - through regular season - first 12 weeksFootball Guys.........537------0 FF Today...............536------1 Fantasy Sharks.....520.5--16.5 Fantasy Guru........520-----17 FF LiveWire...........498.5---38.5The Huddle............496-----41 Dynasty Football...492-----45 FF Cafe.................432-----105 So the edge in tiers should give us more points in the last few weeks if I understand this
I think in theory that is the way it works....however I saw that we can end up playing each other now (within tiers), which obviously cancels out that advantage somewhat....I think that is kind of jacked....while it might be nice to gain that advantage of a win being worth 2 points or 1.5 points compared to others....if we play each other we are guaranteed a zero as well.....so it makes that 2 points only 1.....instead of having the opportunity to win 4 points we can only get 2....

Last edited by a moderator:
Having more players in the top two teirs is a HUGE advantage. The playoff points get added to the regular season points, and we have a sizeable lead on the other squad with 9 players in the top 2 tiers. That means the setup works to our advantage, as a 50% win % likely gets us the title. Playing each other a lot is a GOOD thing in this case!

Could use some lineup help...Luck @ DET or Eli @ Wash? It shows Washington is 31st in pass in MFL, while Luck is facing the 12th ranked team.

Yep, I'd go Eli, personally.

Brees did not endear himself to me last night. Moore helped, but that wasn't the best start for me on the week. :unsure:

Ughhh...sitting Luck and Avery hurt. I am in 95th place in scoring (lol), but still have five players to go in Dallas def, Tynes, Bryce Brown, Dez Bryant and Eli...should get at least another 40-50 on the low end, but I would have killed it if I had those two in...with that said, the reason I asked for help was because I was beginning to doubt Luck...hopefully Eli can make up some of that ground for me.

Users who are viewing this thread