What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamaal Charles Thread: Hall of Famer? (1 Viewer)

Now I'll say it. Big disappointment overall this year.
Yes and no. Last year he had an unbelievable year as a runner and receiver that is hard to replicate. It's the usage this year that has caused him to underperform, but that can't be blamed on him. Rather Reid, his getting nicked up and the ineptness of the passing game have been the big factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck in fantasy football? How about 6 points for Charles and 28 for for Jeremy Hill?
No kidding. I saw someone post yesterday that was talking about how they played against Hill that game he blew up and it cost him the #1 seed. That #1 seed would have lost last week but was on bye. Ends up playing against this #1 seed again this week and, of course, the guy starts Hill again and he blows up yet again and knocks the guy out the playoffs.

Yeah, no luck in that scenario.

Now I'll say it. Big disappointment overall this year.
I even made a trade early to lock up Knile. I never handcuff. Probably never will again.
I did too. I have Charles. Traded Ben Tate for Davis and a 2015 2nd before the season started. I'm not sure how long Charles is going to last. Davis is pretty damn good.
People can't kick themselves for handcuffing Charles with Davis. That's insurance - you hope you don't have to use it but if you do, it can really pay off.

As for Charles/Davis, I think this could become more and more of a split next year. Charles hasn't had a ton of wear and tear, but the nicks and scrapes are eventually going to have an impact on his top-tier explosiveness. Look at Chris Johnson as an example.

But that's for another day.

No luck in fantasy football? How about 6 points for Charles and 28 for for Jeremy Hill?
No kidding. I saw someone post yesterday that was talking about how they played against Hill that game he blew up and it cost him the #1 seed. That #1 seed would have lost last week but was on bye. Ends up playing against this #1 seed again this week and, of course, the guy starts Hill again and he blows up yet again and knocks the guy out the playoffs.

Right, because Hill wasn't already winning the timeshare battle against Gio, and playing against Cleveland's soft run D and a new QB who wasn't able to keep Cincy off the field?

Right, what crazy luck Hill had a good day.

Charles got killed on a run inside the 10, while up and Reid says enough with a lead and lets Davis finish the game. Just crazy luck.

As an eliminated Charles owner, I don't feel it was "luck", just how the game went.

If your team is balanced enough you should be able to handle a 6 point clunker from somebody on it. Even with Charles low output my team still put up its highest score of the season, but it just wasn't enough. End of story.

I'd almost rather Knile play next week, (If there is a next week) sad to say. I think JC is pretty dinged up...

Right, because Hill wasn't already winning the timeshare battle against Gio, and playing against Cleveland's soft run D and a new QB who wasn't able to keep Cincy off the field?

Charles got killed on a run inside the 10, while up and Reid says enough with a lead and lets Davis finish the game. Just crazy luck.

As an eliminated Charles owner, I don't feel it was "luck", just how the game went.

If your team is balanced enough you should be able to handle a 6 point clunker from somebody on it. Even with Charles low output my team still put up its highest score of the season, but it just wasn't enough. End of story.
What bad LUCK ...that your highest score of the year, in a playoff qualifying year, happens to come on the one week where it matters most and your opponent happens to score even more points than your highest of the year.

Spin it any way you want. We can all look back and play revisionist. Cincy going into that game against Cleveland had been destroyed by the Browns just a few weeks ago. Going into a game in a timeshare is never a good feeling (you don't know if today is your guy's day or not). A good number of people went into that game thinking Johhny Football might play very well. None of these things were known yesterday. Just the way it played out. Really UNLUCKY for one side of that.

Me too brother. Sucks.

How nice to be sitting in the exact same chair last year watching Charles score 5 fuggin' times against me and now here I am this year same exact game only now I have Charles and this is the result.

We are like flys unto the Fantasy Gods; they smite us merely.

Last year Charles knocked me out of the playoffs with 5 TD's. This year he knocks me out of the playoffs again because I own him. :topcat:

Your team can be well balanced but if all your other parts take a dump your screwed. It happens. I was the highest scoring team in my redraft. Still only had the #3 seed. Won last week. This week I was knocked out because Charles, Evans crapped the bed (even though Evans had a TD his numbers stunk), Antonio was great...but I needed a TD, Rivers flamed out, Ingram tonight, Alshon tonight. Gates was decent.....but overall another bad week.

FF is about luck when your in the playoffs. The skill is getting there every year.

I have been playing too long to hear "well if your well balanced" yeah you can squeak out some games sometimes but you need your big horses to play big in the playoffs to win it all most of the time. You can't get weeks like Charles gave you here and expect to go far. You just can't. You need more luck than skill to overcome bad weeks from your top players in the playoffs where it is single elimination. You can have some other nice pieces. But more often than not they will not fill in your expected 22-25 points from your lead dog at RB.

This may surprise a few people, because I was hard on him early on, but I have no regrets taking Charles with my #1 pick this year. I knew going in he wasn't going to duplicate last years numbers. That type of season happens once in a blue moon. Like others have said, depending on the scoring system he will finish as RB 6, 7 or 8. He came close enough to his draft slot to be considered a good pick.

Tell you what, I loved watching the guy play. Would love to see even more of him next year.

I'll take him again if in position to next year. Won't pass on Leveon Bell for him, but after that, it's pretty much a toss up to me with all the RBs up there. I prefer Bell and Forte use in passing game. I thought JC would bring that too again, but now that's up in the air as his usage in the passing game left a lot to be desired this season. That in itself is strange to me as Andy Reid loved to run the screens and what not with Westbrook.

I'll take him again if in position to next year. Won't pass on Leveon Bell for him, but after that, it's pretty much a toss up to me with all the RBs up there. I prefer Bell and Forte use in passing game. I thought JC would bring that too again, but now that's up in the air as his usage in the passing game left a lot to be desired this season. That in itself is strange to me as Andy Reid loved to run the screens and what not with Westbrook.
im franchising him next year...number 1 pick...3rd year in a row...when hes on hes the best RB in the game

Was lucky enough to be playing against Rodgers this week so they sort of cancelled each other out. I'm guessing the Rodgers owner would probably be more pissed regardless of the outcome. I kind of half expected something stupid to hold JC back.

Was lucky enough to be playing against Rodgers this week so they sort of cancelled each other out. I'm guessing the Rodgers owner would probably be more pissed regardless of the outcome. I kind of half expected something stupid to hold JC back.
something named Reid ?

I am legitimately nervous to start him in my championship game. Ugh. I cannot possibly consider Randle or Blount over him, can I? Yeah, yeah, wrong forum ... But seriously, I hate Reid sometimes.

Somehow survived this week and am starting him without question next week. One bad game in ten weeks and now you guys are considering benching him? Come on dudes

I dont blame Ried for this past week. charles is banged up with injuries to multiple body parts then got blown up on a tackle. Vs an inferior opponent and with a nice lead he rode Davis. Smart move IMO

something named Reid ?
Well. I was counting on JC to shred Oakland, as he should. But something was telling me that either the Chiefs would get in a hole (didn't happen), JC would tweak an injury (ding, close enough, I thought it would be his ankle), or Reid would try and outsmart us (didn't happen).

No way am I benching Charles this week. I am considering benching a decent RB2 for Kniles in my flex though.
I was toying with this idea. Charles + Davis instead of Charles + L. Murray. Don't think I can do it. Knile's touches have been few and far between prior to last week.

the fact he practiced today is a great sign for this weekend.... starting him with confidence expecting a great day assuming he can garner more than 10 touches

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles (knee, ankle) was upgraded to "full" on Thursday.

Charles is banged up, but he's proven effective at playing through minor injuries. He's locked in as a top-three RB1 against the Steelers' soft defense. Coach Andy Reid often loses the plot, but we expect him to feed Charles in a game the Chiefs have to win.

Source: BJ Kissel on Twitter

Dec 18 - 4:59 PM

Users who are viewing this thread