What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Martellus Bennett (1 Viewer)

Kitrick Taylor

Footballguy
Grabbed this guy on my dynasty roster as a stash. Didn't expect much this year, but rumors were swirling regarding a two TE set in Dallas.

It looked like Bennett got plenty of playing time last night. It also looked like he struggled catching the ball.

Is this guy a tease, or as the beat writers said in the preseason, "an Antonio Gates starter kit."

Witten is the guy for now. Bennett is the guy for the future. he's still learning how to be a complete NFL TE.

so, in dynasty just bide your time.

I admit I pumped this guy up this year based on his training camp and how he played last year. The O-line has struggled with pass blocking which was something they seemed to well in the past. Right now-he is a hot read on blitzes for short and rushed throws.

The good news is that he is getting Red Zone targets every week. Hopefully he will start to convert some of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Witten is the guy for now. Bennett is the guy for the future. he's still learning how to be a complete NFL TE.

so, in dynasty just bide your time.
this is my thinking. he isn't going to get many looks because the running game is what is carrying the offense. the WR's are weak. witten is the #1 option in the passing game, obviously. if the passing game opens up then bennett might get more opportunities but that's a lot to ask for with WRs like crayton and roy.

Is this guy still "an Antonio Gates starter kit" ? I've been holding him dynasty, not sure when he will ever emerge from the Shadow of Witten...if he does at all.

Is this guy still "an Antonio Gates starter kit" ? I've been holding him dynasty, not sure when he will ever emerge from the Shadow of Witten...if he does at all.
He had 7 catches in week 2 when Witten went out.

All I ever thought this kid needed to shine was a Witten injury..

BBall player's historiclly have translated well to productive TE's in the NFL.. I really like his chances to do something given the opportunity

All I ever thought this kid needed to shine was a Witten injury..BBall player's historically have translated well to productive TE's in the NFL.. I really like his chances to do something given the opportunity
Yes but Witten is pretty tough and durable. Bennett signed a four year deal in 2008. It's still quite some time til he's a starter.Also, the basketball player thing is far overdone and hasn't been so predictable. It must be good football player first and not some hoops player that gives football a try. Some have looked pretty bad and out of sorts even almost surprising they didn't get hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread