What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Morning Jacket (1 Viewer)

Shouldve posted this earlier, but yet another MMJ show is live streaming tonight (just started, 2 songs in, playing Circuital NOW).

here

No video, just audio, but the sound quality is much better than Bonnaroo. Plus, Id expect a couple songs that havent been in the rotation yet, hopefully.
Touch Me Im Going To Scream 2....4th song, earliest ever....very happy I decided to listen to this one.

Palladia has been playing the full Storytellers set. They cut a few songs from the VH1 version.

ETA: Smokin from shootin is the nasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palladia has been playing the full Storytellers set. They cut a few songs from the VH1 version.
Haven't seen the full one but plan on it.Hopefully youre listening to this stream, theyre killing it. Sound quality is ridiculous. As soon as they busted out an early TMIGTS2, although were only 1 song past that, Im very interested to hear the rest of the set. Moreso than usual. They just played their set closer 4 songs in for the first time!!

Haven't seen the full one but plan on it.Hopefully youre listening to this stream, theyre killing it. Sound quality is ridiculous. As soon as they busted out an early TMIGTS2, although were only 1 song past that, Im very interested to hear the rest of the set. Moreso than usual. They just played their set closer 4 songs in for the first time!!
Sweet. Can't wait to see this shiste in Boston.

Sweet. Can't wait to see this shiste in Boston.
Are you familiar with Bank of America Pavilion?If so, can you please help:http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=581162&view=findpost&p=13258787edit: you can reply here

I think Lollapalooza is the 5th Jacket show thats been streamed on the interwebs this summer, so sick...Big ups to them :thumbup:

That Victory Dance was sweet...laughed at the Mega Man on a stick

As a huge Phish fan I am really really digging this webcast from them. Their sound really comes across well live.
Funny you say that, because Phish was my favorite live band until about 07-08 when it became MMJ and I havent looked back, still enjoy a Phish show of course.If this is the first time youve seem them live, youre in for a treat. Off the Record and Lay Low are really the only blow your mind live songs theyve played so far....and now Mahgeetah

My buddy keeps texting me during Dondante...seems like a very long one...so wish I was there. He's making me mad. Says its great.

24 hours ago I was pissed I couldnt make the Pittsburgh show.

24 hours later I got a pit ticket for Merriweather for face. :headbang:

Looks like there is going to be a webcast Saturday. I'm not going to be able to catch it though.

And a tour announcement Monday!

'Bobcat10 said:
Looks like there is going to be a webcast Saturday. I'm not going to be able to catch it though. And a tour announcement Monday!
Interesting since theyre just finishing up their summer tour with ACL and are in Europe for November...NYE show announcement I presume?Wheres the webcast at?

Tour Info:

12/1 Los Angeles, CA – Gibson Amphitheatre (with Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings)

12/2 San Francisco, CA – Bill Graham Civic (with Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings)

12/6 Tulsa, OK – Brady Theatre (with Delta Spirit)

12/7 Dallas, TX – Verizon Theatre at Graind Prairie (with Delta Spirit)

12/8 Houston, TX – Verizon Wireless Theatre (with Delta Spirit)

12/10 Boca Raton, FL – Sunset Cove Amphitheatre (with Delta Spirit)

12/11 Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live (with Delta Spirit)

12/12 Greensboro, NC – War Memorial Auditorium (with Delta Spirit)

12/14 New York, NY – Madison Square Garden (with Band Of Horses)

Roll call presale today

Mailing List presale tomorrow

Public sale this weekend

I am all over that MSG show with BOH

Tour Info:

12/1 Los Angeles, CA – Gibson Amphitheatre (with Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings)

12/2 San Francisco, CA – Bill Graham Civic (with Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings)

12/6 Tulsa, OK – Brady Theatre (with Delta Spirit)

12/7 Dallas, TX – Verizon Theatre at Graind Prairie (with Delta Spirit)

12/8 Houston, TX – Verizon Wireless Theatre (with Delta Spirit)

12/10 Boca Raton, FL – Sunset Cove Amphitheatre (with Delta Spirit)

12/11 Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live (with Delta Spirit)

12/12 Greensboro, NC – War Memorial Auditorium (with Delta Spirit)

12/14 New York, NY – Madison Square Garden (with Band Of Horses)

Roll call presale today

Mailing List presale tomorrow

Public sale this weekend

I am all over that MSG show with BOH
perfect. jeebus

Tour Info:12/1 Los Angeles, CA – Gibson Amphitheatre (with Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings)12/2 San Francisco, CA – Bill Graham Civic (with Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings)12/6 Tulsa, OK – Brady Theatre (with Delta Spirit)12/7 Dallas, TX – Verizon Theatre at Graind Prairie (with Delta Spirit)12/8 Houston, TX – Verizon Wireless Theatre (with Delta Spirit)12/10 Boca Raton, FL – Sunset Cove Amphitheatre (with Delta Spirit)12/11 Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live (with Delta Spirit)12/12 Greensboro, NC – War Memorial Auditorium (with Delta Spirit)12/14 New York, NY – Madison Square Garden (with Band Of Horses)Roll call presale todayMailing List presale tomorrowPublic sale this weekendI am all over that MSG show with BOH
:hifive:

Last Night at ACL: My Morning Jacket Got a Little Weird, But Still Rocked

My Morning Jacket

AMD Stage -- Austin City Limits

September 17, 2011

Better than: about 99 percent of any other concerts I've ever seen.

mmj14.jpg

Jim Bricker

My Morning Jacket. More photos of the fans in our slide show

​Is My Morning Jacket the best live band on the planet? In the universe? They sounded like it on Saturday night at Austin City Limits Music Festival as they played an abbreviated set at the AMD stage.

Before my computer gets overloaded with hyperbole, I'll tap the brakes. But only a little.

The set was a far cry from Friday's headlining performance from Coldplay, who spent most of the night pandering to the audience. It was clear that My Morning Jacket, for the most part, did the set that they wanted to do. Either that, or they have the innate ability to perform songs thousands of times and make them sound like they were written yesterday.

Regardless, the crowd was glued to the setlist, which rewarded them with songs from their most recent album Circuital and older favorites, all of which were played with guts-out intensity. But even when lead singer Jim James was at his wildest, he and his bandmates didn't miss a single note.

My Morning Jacket kicked off the set with "Victory Dance," the first song from the new record. James, who appears to be getting weirder with each new album, started the song with a mouth trumpet. On "Circuital," he spanned the stage during the instrumental portions of the song. In fact, James was rarely near his microphone when he wasn't singing. He flailed wildly, took guitar solos while sprinting and sliding around the stage on his knees, and whipped his hair around like a speed metal guitarist.

He had some strange moves as well. Several times, he stood at the front of the stage and rapidly kicked the air, as if fending off several thousand imaginary ninjas. At another point during a song break in "Magheeta," he did a full-blown Karate Kid crane kick.

"#######, you guys make me feel like flying!" he told the crowd between songs, just before playing the harmonium with his face on "Touch Me, I'm Going To Scream Part 2."

Fortunately, it was easy to look the other way on James' amusingly strange behavior. The band, the songs, the performance -- it was all incredible. And what made it even more impressive was when the band was joined by New Orleans' Preservation Hall Jazz Band for "Holdin' On to Black Metal."

Preservation Hall stuck around for the remainder of the set, which ended explosively with "One Big Holiday," a song meant to be played in front of a massive, energetic festival crowd.

At the end of the song, the band said goodnight and Jim James held a large, golden bear above his head.

Whatever, man.

Critic's Notebook

Personal Bias: I am a full-blown My Morning Jacket fan. Have been for years. And, after last night's performance, I'll go on record and say that they are the best live band in America.

Random Note: The crowd was packed so tight up in the front that if you had to pee, finding an empty bottle on the ground was your only option. It happened. Not to me, but to my friend. Yeah, that's it.

By The Way: The festival runs a tight ship. When My Morning Jacket went into "One Big Holiday," I thought the set was only halfway over. It was the only time I've ever seen them play without an encore.

Setlist:

Victory Dance

Circuital

Off the Record

I'm Amazed

Gideon

Golden

Out of My System

Magheeta

Smokin' From Shootin'

Touch Me, I'm Going To Scream Part 2

Wordless Chorus

Holdin' On to Black Metal

Dancefloors

One Big Holiday

Yeah, was a very good performance IMO. JUst so short. One of the reasons why I don't like festivals if you are there predominantly to see the headliner

Stand around all day in a crowd to see a 90 minute set? No thanks.

Oh, and Coldplay pandering to a crowd...I don't believe it

Shocked..>Shocked I tell you

Yeah, was a very good performance IMO. JUst so short. One of the reasons why I don't like festivals if you are there predominantly to see the headliner

Stand around all day in a crowd to see a 90 minute set? No thanks.

Oh, and Coldplay pandering to a crowd...I don't believe it

Shocked..>Shocked I tell you
I really enjoyed the concert but I didn't go solely for MMJ. I didn't realize what I was missing live. One of the better shows I've been to - up there with Radiohead and System of a Down. That live New Orleans band ensemble was pretty cool not only musically but visually.

Yeah, was a very good performance IMO. JUst so short. One of the reasons why I don't like festivals if you are there predominantly to see the headlinerStand around all day in a crowd to see a 90 minute set? No thanks.
True, but you know that going in. 1/2 the fun of festivals is peeping bands you wouldn't normally see while drinking beer and eating good food in the sunlight, getting ready for the powerbrokers after dark.

'tommyGunZ said:
'Tremendous Upside said:
Yeah, was a very good performance IMO. JUst so short. One of the reasons why I don't like festivals if you are there predominantly to see the headlinerStand around all day in a crowd to see a 90 minute set? No thanks.
True, but you know that going in. 1/2 the fun of festivals is peeping bands you wouldn't normally see while drinking beer and eating good food in the sunlight, getting ready for the powerbrokers after dark.
For sure...I guess my point, which I didn't make very well, was that I actually like festivals better when one of my favorite live bands ISN'T headlining...Having seen huge, epic MMJ shows, that set, although awesome, seemed so abruptWhen they kicked in to OBH I was like, "wait, it's over?"

Yeah, considering Ive had the chance to see MMJ upwards of 10 times this summer going from their Unstaged show that debuted the new album to a handful of festival streams to Storytellers to the 1 time I went to see them, knowing they only had a strict 90min set I knew I wasnt getting anything unexpected from ACL, and I watched the Mayweather fight and ATL/PHI last night instead of the stream.

Im hoping now that theyre done with the US promotional tour of Circuital, they start mixing up the setlists a little more. Theyve never varied them all that much, but the festy sets this summer were exremely predictable.

Also, for anyone going to a OK/TX/FL/NC show in December, be sure to get in early enough to check out Delta Spirit. Theyve released a couple great albums the last few years and put on a great rocking show

'tommyGunZ said:
'Tremendous Upside said:
For sure...I guess my point, which I didn't make very well, was that I actually like festivals better when one of my favorite live bands ISN'T headlining...Having seen huge, epic MMJ shows, that set, although awesome, seemed so abruptWhen they kicked in to OBH I was like, "wait, it's over?"
I can see that. I usually lower my expectations b/c you're right, if you're a grizzled vet the festival sets tend to end right when you're used to the boys getting really going. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread