What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Jets disaster (4 Viewers)

So Sanchez is going to start again. I am not sure that Tebow is ever going to be a great NFL qb. But I am sure that Sanchez will never be one, and it is indicative of the cluster#### that the Jets are, that just like a dog, they will return to their own vomit.
Just saw it...unreal......Its now clear that the Jets are liars....they didnt want Sanchez to play in front of a hostile home crowd so they play McCelroy...now he has a phantom injury and "Tebow doesnt know the gameplan" well enough to start? What a joke - I take back all I said about Tebow....he may not be a good QB but this Jet regime is a bunch of liars and morons....trying to cover up their $10M contract extension mistake....they want to desperately have Sanchez play well this last game so they can try to sell him again to the fans next year - ugh - they all need to be purged on Sun pm!

It's mind-boggling that Sanchez will get the start over Tebow. Absurd, really.

If I were the Jets and I really didn't want to start Tebow, I'd sign Vinny Testaverde off the street and start him.

They're not doing themselves or Sanchez any good by throwing him back into the fire.

So Sanchez is going to start again. I am not sure that Tebow is ever going to be a great NFL qb. But I am sure that Sanchez will never be one, and it is indicative of the cluster#### that the Jets are, that just like a dog, they will return to their own vomit.
:lmao: I laughed when I saw that McElroy was out and Sanchez was starting, basically by default.

i like how the Tebow fans bring up that he won a playoff game. Mark Sanchez won 4. They both stink.

the problem with tebow is that you have to commit to him fully, run a spread offense and the Jets never were built like that.

I've seen a lot of miserable seasons as a Jets fan, but this is the worst. This team is a complete joke, and Rex Ryan, while a great defensive coach, is clearly a compulsive liar taking orders from someone above him. I can't wait for this miserable season to be over and for Tannenbaum to be fired, but next year will be even worse record-wise. Hopefully the Jets can just suck like a normal team next season and not be a complete circus.

LMFAO

McElroy was diagnosed with a concussion today? I mean, I hadn't heard anything about a concussion till today.

How convenient for the Jets to make the diagnosis today. That way Ryan has a good excuse to start Sanchez. He is more comfortable with the offense and that is important since the game is only three days away.

Get the hell outta here.

This is so pathetic.

i like how the Tebow fans bring up that he won a playoff game. Mark Sanchez won 4. They both stink. the problem with tebow is that you have to commit to him fully, run a spread offense and the Jets never were built like that.
Sanchez won 4 playoff games? He did that all by himself, Mike Ditka-style?He was pretty good vs the Bengals and Patriots. He did not do a heck of a lot in the Chargers and Colts wins.

LMFAOMcElroy was diagnosed with a concussion today? I mean, I hadn't heard anything about a concussion till today. How convenient for the Jets to make the diagnosis today. That way Ryan has a good excuse to start Sanchez. He is more comfortable with the offense and that is important since the game is only three days away. Get the hell outta here. This is so pathetic.
I am not a conspiracy guy but this stinks to high heaven...it insults my intelligence as a season ticket holder...I was on the fence about Rex staying...now I want the entire regime cleaned out from top to bottom....only problem is Woody doesnt have the stones. He'll re-assign Tanny so no decent GM will come here and anyone thay does come on board will have Rex forced on him....what an awful situation.

Just saw the clip of the press conference where Rex holds his head down and says "Tim wasnt happy" :lmao:

Just comes off like a jerk. I realize ESPN chose to air that part on purpose but this whole season cant end soon enough

I don't think there are words to describe how ignorant and dishonest these guys are. They're so full of ####. I don't care at all about the Jets, but I feel sorry for their fans. Hell, I'm disgusted and I don't even like the team. Get these crooked fools out of there.

If I were the Jets and I really didn't want to start Tebow, I'd sign Vinny Testaverde off the street and start him.

They're not doing themselves or Sanchez any good by throwing him back into the fire.
I disagree. If Sanchez plays well, then Rex can say he was right all along. Rex keeps his job, Sanchez' stock improves, and the team has momentum going into 2013.If Sanchez plays poorly, then they're no better or worse than they were a week ago.

But if Tebow starts and plays well......then it proves that Rex is a poor evaluator of talent.

A good performance from Tebow would be the death knell for Rex Ryan.

there's no conspiracy with McElroy. He hid the symptoms because it's probably his only chance in life to start an NFL football game. My question is at what point was he concussed last week? Was it after the 2nd sack or the 10th? The Jets medical staff did not do a good job in this situation.

Last year in the Jets thread I was told by a few people to "Relax and step back from the ledge"

Well, having wanted the GM fired for a long while now, THIS Is pretty much all I could have hoped for - because THIS is what brings about real CHANGE.

This team wasn't going any further with a guy pretending to be a GM with no more experience than many posters here when he was 1st hired... Guy was not a scout and never worked his way up with experience to ANALYZE TALENT.... Yet, he's the "Cap Guru" - you can't manage the cap without analyzing the talent on your team and the outside talent properly!!!!!!

Great Job managing a Cap full of mediocre talent guy!!!

I said early this season that for me - FIRING TANNENBAUM would bring me as much joy as the playoffs....

Well, come monday, I'm hoping my playoffs begin.

BRING IT... BRING THE CIRCUS!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE LEDGE.

Now Rex reportedly saying he would rather be fired than for the Jets to not bring in more talent on offense. If that's true, the guy's stupidity knows no bounds. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Rex reportedly saying he would rather be fired than for the Jets to not bring in more talent on offense. If that's true, the guy's stupidity knows no bounds. :loco:
:pickle: BRING IT!!! It only gets worse before it gets better.Monday is going to be.... umm, exciting.

Tebow is the most talented offensive football player on their team and Rex refuses to play him.This Dolphin's fan is enjoying the Jet's implosion :popcorn:

This is the unreal part about Rex..hes a head coach and acts like the O is no part of his command. He had a lot to say about the roster and called it the "most talented team he has ever coached" - now it seems as if it may end up being a split HC route with a strong OC like Norv on the O and Rex on the D...what a joke. They need HC not a glorified DC

Heres the thing though - Jets go through coaches like crazy....I dont want another "up and coming coordinator" - I think its fair to say if they cant land a premiere establiushed HC - Gruden, Cowher, Payton - then may as well go another year with Rex. I'm sick of the coordinator route...never pays off for the Jets.

Heres the thing though - Jets go through coaches like crazy....I dont want another "up and coming coordinator" - I think its fair to say if they cant land a premiere establiushed HC - Gruden, Cowher, Payton - then may as well go another year with Rex. I'm sick of the coordinator route...never pays off for the Jets.
Agreed. And I'll be very unhappy if the Jets keep Tanny in any capacity. The latest rumor I've heard is that they want Joey Clinkskales, who was in their scouting department for a while, to be the new GM. The Jets need to pluck someone from a franchise that has been consistently successful, not someone from their own FO.

Agreed. And I'll be very unhappy if the Jets keep Tanny in any capacity. The latest rumor I've heard is that they want Joey Clinkskales, who was in their scouting department for a while, to be the new GM. The Jets need to pluck someone from a franchise that has been consistently successful, not someone from their own FO.
what other organization does this? Its like Woody is that wussy who can't cut the chord with a bad girlfriend and has to remain "friends" - he kept Bradaway and now he may do the same with Tanny? What organization has one let alone 2 former failed GMs on their payroll still? Don't know much about Clinksdale - but Id prefer a guy with Zero Jet ties!

what other organization does this? Its like Woody is that wussy who can't cut the chord with a bad girlfriend and has to remain "friends" - he kept Bradaway and now he may do the same with Tanny? What organization has one let alone 2 former failed GMs on their payroll still? Don't know much about Clinksdale - but Id prefer a guy with Zero Jet ties!
Exactly. It's like Woody thinks there's some proven track record of success within the Jets FO, when that's clearly not the case.

The Packers have three GM candidates and Ozzie Newsome's assistant is another good candidate. These four should be interviewed. I do not fear coordinators. The most important thing is that the next head coach has a backbone. Mike Zimmer is such a guy. I also like Jay Gruden, Ray Horton and Winston Moss. I do not think Greg Roman or Mike McCoy are ready yet. Chip Kelly scares me. I think he is a college coach. I think he would not be good in the NFL similar to Holtz, Spurrier, Petrino and Saban.

The Packers have three GM candidates and Ozzie Newsome's assistant is another good candidate. These four should be interviewed. I do not fear coordinators. The most important thing is that the next head coach has a backbone. Mike Zimmer is such a guy. I also like Jay Gruden, Ray Horton and Winston Moss. I do not think Greg Roman or Mike McCoy are ready yet. Chip Kelly scares me. I think he is a college coach. I think he would not be good in the NFL similar to Holtz, Spurrier, Petrino and Saban.
Only one on that list that appeals to me at all is Jay Gruden....definitely need an offensive coach IMO

Last year in the Jets thread I was told by a few people to "Relax and step back from the ledge"Well, having wanted the GM fired for a long while now, THIS Is pretty much all I could have hoped for - because THIS is what brings about real CHANGE.This team wasn't going any further with a guy pretending to be a GM with no more experience than many posters here when he was 1st hired... Guy was not a scout and never worked his way up with experience to ANALYZE TALENT.... Yet, he's the "Cap Guru" - you can't manage the cap without analyzing the talent on your team and the outside talent properly!!!!!!Great Job managing a Cap full of mediocre talent guy!!!I said early this season that for me - FIRING TANNENBAUM would bring me as much joy as the playoffs....Well, come monday, I'm hoping my playoffs begin.BRING IT... BRING THE CIRCUS!!!!! WELCOME TO THE LEDGE.
I agree with you but if the JEts higher Clinkscales who was pretty much on the Tanny team the last few yrs that would be even worse IMO - same old group just reshuffle names....need to go outside the team and its awful roots to get a new fresh start...but again - what decent GM/Football guy comes in here having to keep Tanny as a "contract guy" and Rex as HC?

Francessa just stated on WFAN that its common knowledge from all the reporters that Rex's right handed guy DC Pettine is the "deep throat" source of all the bad Jet stories/rumors for some time....just had Jets beat reporter on who didnt deny it.

If true I dont know whats worse...Rex's judge of character (he promoted the guy and has made his career) or Pettine being a slimeball on the way out...

Every time I think Jets hit rock bottom they stand up tall and walk under another snake.

Rex flat out denied the "I want to be fired" stuff.

If this Pettine stuff is true, that's inexcusable. However, I wouldn't put it past Francesa to make it up in order to make the Jets look bad (not like they need any help)

And no, you can't keep Tannenbaum in any capacity. The Sanchez contract extension alone should make that a non-option. They should absolutely go with an outside GM candidate. Need a pure football guy from a winning organization.

I have no idea if he'll win any games with the Jaguars. Really, I don't care. But at least they should give him a chance to succeed or fail.
Why is Tim Tebow so different than every other player in this regard? With other players, if coaches don't think they're good enough to play they don't play and fans are OK with that for the most part. But not Tebow.There's a huge double standard for Tebow. His fans think he DESERVES to play, even if the coaches don't think he should. They think he's entitled to more than other players are entitled to.

Why is Tim Tebow so different than every other player in this regard? With other players, if coaches don't think they're good enough to play they don't play and fans are OK with that for the most part. But not Tebow.There's a huge double standard for Tebow. His fans think he DESERVES to play, even if the coaches don't think he should. They think he's entitled to more than other players are entitled to.
So 50 turnovers at the QB position in 2 seasons doesnt warrant a change?

I have no idea if he'll win any games with the Jaguars. Really, I don't care. But at least they should give him a chance to succeed or fail.
This is not about Tebow. This is about not wanting to see that turd Mark Sanchez continue to play like Mark Vlasic on LSD. No more Sanchez in 2012 for the love of God! He should be in street clothes on Sunday. Sign Jeff Garcia for one game to back up Tebow. Garcia would do it. He held a nice clipboard for Houston last year.

No more Sanchez in 2012 for the love of God! He should be in street clothes on Sunday. Sign Jeff Garcia for one game to back up Tebow. Garcia would do it. He held a nice clipboard for Houston last year.
with Woody Johnson running the show.. Rex and Sanchez will be back. I dont think Rex is a bad coach but its obvious he wanted nothing to do with Tebow all along like reports speculate. Rex needs to be more involved with what's going on offensively or pay some attention.Jets defense isnt the problem for the most part but they need playmakers on offense and a QB that doesnt turn the ball over. Cant imagine who the Jets pursue to take over the OC duties. Not sure a short term fix is on the way regardless.

'fatness said:
I think he was treated differently (worse). He was a starting QB who just went 1-1 in the playoffs before he was dumped for Peyton Manning (no shame there). He was told he would be allowed to compete for a starting job.But let's be honest about what happened. They lied. If he was so terrible, why was he the backup? Why not McElroy? Sanchez was awful...Sanchez was hurt...Sanchez was awful...McElroy has a concussion...none of it warranted putting a QB with playoff experience behind center? Even in a meaningless game? You really think it was just "he didn't show it in practice?"Please. I still contend they didn't want to see Tebow somehow win a meaningless week 17 and cause more criticism to rain down on the team (why didn't you put him in earlier, why isn't he the 2013 starter, etc). I am NOT a Tebow fan, but I think he deserved a CHANCE. If Sanchez earned the starting job and kept it, fine. If McElroy out-performed him, fine. But both guys were either injured or awful, and Sanchez gets the week 17 start? It's pretty clear he is being treated differently...and not in a good way.

%26%2339%3Bfatness%26%2339%3B said:
I think he was treated differently (worse). He was a starting QB who just went 1-1 in the playoffs before he was dumped for Peyton Manning (no shame there). He was told he would be allowed to compete for a starting job.But let's be honest about what happened. They lied. If he was so terrible, why was he the backup? Why not McElroy? Sanchez was awful...Sanchez was hurt...Sanchez was awful...McElroy has a concussion...none of it warranted putting a QB with playoff experience behind center? Even in a meaningless game? You really think it was just "he didn't show it in practice?"Please. I still contend they didn't want to see Tebow somehow win a meaningless week 17 and cause more criticism to rain down on the team (why didn't you put him in earlier, why isn't he the 2013 starter, etc). I am NOT a Tebow fan, but I think he deserved a CHANCE. If Sanchez earned the starting job and kept it, fine. If McElroy out-performed him, fine. But both guys were either injured or awful, and Sanchez gets the week 17 start? It's pretty clear he is being treated differently...and not in a good way.
We really have no proof that the Jets lied to Tebow. It's all speculation and conjecture.For all we know, the Jets could have given Tebow a legitimate shot to beat Sanchez, but he was terrible in practice and therefore never saw the field.And the reason why Tebow was the game-day backup is quite simple: with only 46 roster spots available, it made more sense to keep Tebow active (to play multiple positions -- wildcat, punt protection, etc.) instead of McElroy (who only plays one position).

For all we know, the Jets could have given Tebow a legitimate shot to beat Sanchez, but he was terrible in practice and therefore never saw the field.And the reason why Tebow was the game-day backup is quite simple: with only 46 roster spots available, it made more sense to keep Tebow active (to play multiple positions -- wildcat, punt protection, etc.) instead of McElroy (who only plays one position).
You're making sense. Ultimately that won't matter to Tebow fans though. Suppose Tebow started week 17, even though coaches thought he shouldn't. Suppose he turned the ball over 3,4,5 times, played terribly and go booed. Tebow fans would just be saying he didn't get enough of the chance, that he DESERVED more of a chance, that he DESERVED to compete for the starting job next year. His bad play has constantly been ignored by his fans. Look at his last 5 starts for the Broncos and you see 4 bad performances, but you wouldn't know that happened according to Tebow fans constantly saying he won a playoff game. The same Tebow fans that ignore the playoff games that Sanchez has won. Sanchez is bad. If Tebow's not starting it's for the same reason other players don't start --- their coaches don't think they're good enough to. The argument that the Jets kept their best QB on the bench because they didn't want his fans excited about him winning a game, if he won a game, is utterly silly. Arguing that Tebow fans are a burden doesn't make Tebow good.

tebow got a chance. every day in practice and they gave him a whole series against Tennessee. He wasn't good. He gets yardage on the ground and (Surprise surprise) can't pass.

'Kiddnets said:
Francessa just stated on WFAN that its common knowledge from all the reporters that Rex's right handed guy DC Pettine is the "deep throat" source of all the bad Jet stories/rumors for some time....just had Jets beat reporter on who didnt deny it.If true I dont know whats worse...Rex's judge of character (he promoted the guy and has made his career) or Pettine being a slimeball on the way out...Every time I think Jets hit rock bottom they stand up tall and walk under another snake.
Who's to say Rex didn't ask Pettine to leak everything he said? That seems more believable to me than Pettine "turning" on Rex to give a reporter a quote. Pettine is Rex's puppet, and everything that was leaked was positive for Rex. It's a media battle, and Rex knows what he's doing.

'Kiddnets said:
Francessa just stated on WFAN that its common knowledge from all the reporters that Rex's right handed guy DC Pettine is the "deep throat" source of all the bad Jet stories/rumors for some time....just had Jets beat reporter on who didnt deny it.If true I dont know whats worse...Rex's judge of character (he promoted the guy and has made his career) or Pettine being a slimeball on the way out...Every time I think Jets hit rock bottom they stand up tall and walk under another snake.
Who's to say Rex didn't ask Pettine to leak everything he said? That seems more believable to me than Pettine "turning" on Rex to give a reporter a quote. Pettine is Rex's puppet, and everything that was leaked was positive for Rex. It's a media battle, and Rex knows what he's doing.
If he does, it will be the first time.

For all we know, the Jets could have given Tebow a legitimate shot to beat Sanchez, but he was terrible in practice and therefore never saw the field.And the reason why Tebow was the game-day backup is quite simple: with only 46 roster spots available, it made more sense to keep Tebow active (to play multiple positions -- wildcat, punt protection, etc.) instead of McElroy (who only plays one position).
You're making sense. Ultimately that won't matter to Tebow fans though. Suppose Tebow started week 17, even though coaches thought he shouldn't. Suppose he turned the ball over 3,4,5 times, played terribly and go booed. Tebow fans would just be saying he didn't get enough of the chance, that he DESERVED more of a chance, that he DESERVED to compete for the starting job next year. His bad play has constantly been ignored by his fans. Look at his last 5 starts for the Broncos and you see 4 bad performances, but you wouldn't know that happened according to Tebow fans constantly saying he won a playoff game. The same Tebow fans that ignore the playoff games that Sanchez has won. Sanchez is bad. If Tebow's not starting it's for the same reason other players don't start --- their coaches don't think they're good enough to. The argument that the Jets kept their best QB on the bench because they didn't want his fans excited about him winning a game, if he won a game, is utterly silly. Arguing that Tebow fans are a burden doesn't make Tebow good.
Not sure why you think my job is to make Tebow look "good." I don't care about that. I don't think it's silly at all to suggest they don't want to risk Tebow winning this week (or last week). They're already eliminated from playoff contention. They had nothing to lose. The ONLY way they lose is if Tebow plays and wins...getting them nothing, but causing more headaches. If they already knew he wasn't coming back, why risk that circus? Not silly at all.And again, not sure why McElroy wasn't the backup if he was better. You can't say Wildcat, because he was pretty effective. So was it punt protection? That's why you have an inferior QB as your backup? Does that really make sense to you?I have no problem believing he didn't impress in practice. By the time it was clear Sanchez wasn't the answer, they knew they weren't going to keep Tebow around. So what were their options? Let Tebow play and risk another Denver miracle-like comeback, making them stuck with an inferior QB, or giving them a huge headache to address? Or just let the season go and start the guy they knew wasn't ready?The Jets chose the latter. They know Sanchez is bad. What do they risk by letting Tebow start in week 17? A better draft pick? Another loss in a bad season? Or...a win they don't need for a variety of reasons?

They can easily fix this mess if they hire a good offensive mind as OC and let that coach have 100% input on everything(playbook, personnel, etc.) while Ryan focuses on defense. The biggest thing they need is a new GM that brings in the right players and coaches, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense is still solid when healthy, they just need a decent enough offense and special teams that won't lose them games.Outside of Hill who is really raw, and Keller I don't like any of their skill position players. Holmes isn't good enough to be a top WR and is a headcase. I liked Sanchez's talent, but mentally he's ruined at this point.
Yeah it can be easily fixed with a GM who makes all the right decisions, a great OC, and an infusion of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I disagree. If Sanchez plays well, then Rex can say he was right all along.
"See! I told you Sanchez would play well in Week 17! I was right all along!"The Jets not giving Tebow a chance at this point is so clearly to protect themselves from criticism for not playing him earlier, it's really a disgrace.

For all we know, the Jets could have given Tebow a legitimate shot to beat Sanchez, but he was terrible in practice and therefore never saw the field.

And the reason why Tebow was the game-day backup is quite simple: with only 46 roster spots available, it made more sense to keep Tebow active (to play multiple positions -- wildcat, punt protection, etc.) instead of McElroy (who only plays one position).
You're making sense. Ultimately that won't matter to Tebow fans though. Suppose Tebow started week 17, even though coaches thought he shouldn't. Suppose he turned the ball over 3,4,5 times, played terribly and go booed. Tebow fans would just be saying he didn't get enough of the chance, that he DESERVED more of a chance, that he DESERVED to compete for the starting job next year. His bad play has constantly been ignored by his fans. Look at his last 5 starts for the Broncos and you see 4 bad performances, but you wouldn't know that happened according to Tebow fans constantly saying he won a playoff game. The same Tebow fans that ignore the playoff games that Sanchez has won.

Sanchez is bad. If Tebow's not starting it's for the same reason other players don't start --- their coaches don't think they're good enough to.

The argument that the Jets kept their best QB on the bench because they didn't want his fans excited about him winning a game, if he won a game, is utterly silly. Arguing that Tebow fans are a burden doesn't make Tebow good.
Tebow is pretty much famous for being a horrible practice player. The Jets would have known that, or should have known that, when they acquired him. That said, I can understand the Jets being hesitant to put him in over Sanchez if he looks bad in practice...for awhile. But at this point, when Sanchez has been terrible for pretty much the entire season, there is no reason for the Jets to not put Tebow in other than to protect themselves from criticism should Tebow perform well. None.It's not about Tebow "deserving" to play. I don't follow college ball and therefore didn't really care about Tebow either way when he came into the league. I've seen him look horrible, I get it. But he's behind one of the few guys in the NFL who is actually worse than him. I think he "deserves" to play because I think there's a reasonable chance he can outperform Sanchez.

For all we know, the Jets could have given Tebow a legitimate shot to beat Sanchez, but he was terrible in practice and therefore never saw the field.

And the reason why Tebow was the game-day backup is quite simple: with only 46 roster spots available, it made more sense to keep Tebow active (to play multiple positions -- wildcat, punt protection, etc.) instead of McElroy (who only plays one position).
You're making sense. Ultimately that won't matter to Tebow fans though. Suppose Tebow started week 17, even though coaches thought he shouldn't. Suppose he turned the ball over 3,4,5 times, played terribly and go booed. Tebow fans would just be saying he didn't get enough of the chance, that he DESERVED more of a chance, that he DESERVED to compete for the starting job next year. His bad play has constantly been ignored by his fans. Look at his last 5 starts for the Broncos and you see 4 bad performances, but you wouldn't know that happened according to Tebow fans constantly saying he won a playoff game. The same Tebow fans that ignore the playoff games that Sanchez has won.

Sanchez is bad. If Tebow's not starting it's for the same reason other players don't start --- their coaches don't think they're good enough to.

The argument that the Jets kept their best QB on the bench because they didn't want his fans excited about him winning a game, if he won a game, is utterly silly. Arguing that Tebow fans are a burden doesn't make Tebow good.
Tebow is pretty much famous for being a horrible practice player. The Jets would have known that, or should have known that, when they acquired him. That said, I can understand the Jets being hesitant to put him in over Sanchez if he looks bad in practice...for awhile. But at this point, when Sanchez has been terrible for pretty much the entire season, there is no reason for the Jets to not put Tebow in other than to protect themselves from criticism should Tebow perform well. None.It's not about Tebow "deserving" to play. I don't follow college ball and therefore didn't really care about Tebow either way when he came into the league. I've seen him look horrible, I get it. But he's behind one of the few guys in the NFL who is actually worse than him. I think he "deserves" to play because I think there's a reasonable chance he can outperform Sanchez.
Id rather see Kerley than Sanchez as QB on Sunday.....this franchise has hit rock bottom.....I've never seen this level of dishonesty, incompetance and cluelessness....worse is I dont think Woody has the stones to do what needs to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread