What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Jets disaster (1 Viewer)

Just saw JEts to interview fired Cleveland GM...that's going to go over well if he gets it!

Rex in complete lock down....media taking turns kicking him for being quiet...IMO no other explanation than he still has his fate up in the air with the new GM....Only problem is by the time GM in place if he chooses to fire Rex they will have missed out on a bunch of top coaches.

they can't get rid of Rex for the same reason they can't get rid of Sanchez. firing Tanny doesn't invalidate their contracts. Woody Johnson is not a lottery winner he's not gonna burn 6 mil on Rex and 8.25 Mil on Sanchez just so these two can sit on a couch (or in rex's case, get another HC job instantly). Rex actually does a great job with the defense, the problem is that he's not the head coach of the defense. He's the head coach of the team.
That's why he wouldn't be burning the $6MM on Ryan. Any salary he gets from his next job is deducted off what the Jets owe him.

If they hire someone who got fired by freaking Cleveland, I think I might be done.
I would have to agree with you....so many candidates from winning organizations. Hope they are just doing their "due diligence"
I actually kind of like Heckert. He was a big part of the Eagles drafts for a decade, and the Eagles always drafted well. The Browns have drafted pretty well too. I'd much rather the Jets hire Heckert than Cohen or Clinkscales, the two people with ties to the Jets.

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY!!!!!Like I said, THIS is the playoffs fro me - Exciting times.That said.... ALL I really wanted was a New GM.. After that, all decisions should be made by that GM...Maybe Rex still gets the boot But, if he doesn't I think that is a positive for the new GM - That person can come here and make changes for 1 year and If/when next year is another down year he can make a change at HC then.....Again, next year's schedule is Brutal, the Cap is a disaster and they have no QB with holes everywhere..... I fully expect next year to be a down year and if they are smart a year to Eat and Shed Cap woes of Tannenbaum....If, this were Indy the FULL TANK would be on and we would hope Johnny Football was all that for a top pick in 14'....Pretty sure Manziel Redshirted and can come out next year...
I'd actually rather tank for Clowney. I think he's a once in a generation pass rusher.
Until you find that Franchise QB you will always be trying to Dilfer yourself to ONE Championship...So sick of it, at this point, forget SB, I'd just like to see a Franchise Top QB in place and enjoy some good offense for a bunch of years!!!
Agree 100% on Clowney....if the Jets are unlucky (lucky?) enough to crap into the top pick in 2014, he's the guy and it's a no-brainer.The ONLY player you pass on a Clowney-level mega-stud for is a Luck/Peyton-type of franchise QB prospect.God bless lil Johnny Football, but that's not him (not yet anyway).No team in the league would pass on Clowney for manziel....none. If Clowney were eligible to enter the 2013 draft he would be getting fitted for his KC jersey immediately as a 19-year-old.

If they hire someone who got fired by freaking Cleveland, I think I might be done.
I would have to agree with you....so many candidates from winning organizations. Hope they are just doing their "due diligence"
I actually kind of like Heckert. He was a big part of the Eagles drafts for a decade, and the Eagles always drafted well. The Browns have drafted pretty well too. I'd much rather the Jets hire Heckert than Cohen or Clinkscales, the two people with ties to the Jets.
You could talk me into Heckert over Jet retreads....but Id rather have a few of the others instead.

Fake or not - I believe the "disaster" label is accurate....compare to how another coach is acting after a bad season....

"I can't even describe how it hurts. I don’t know what to do,” Coughlin told WFAN’s Mike Francesa. “I’m walking around here like a crazy man. I am. I don’t know what to do with myself. We shouldn’t be doing this right now. The pain of it is almost indescribable.”

Jets are, apparently going to hire Tom Gamble. If this is true, I think it's a great move.
So Rex Ryan has likely another week or two weeks to embarrass the organization before Gamble names Jim Tomsula the new head coach.
I think what actually happens is that the Jets don't bring back Pettine, hire Tomsula to be the new DC and coach-in-waiting, and after the team struggles next season, he could be the next coach.

'Mentos said:
'njherdfan said:
Jets are, apparently going to hire Tom Gamble. If this is true, I think it's a great move.
So Rex Ryan has likely another week or two weeks to embarrass the organization before Gamble names Jim Tomsula the new head coach.
Mike Francesca said today that "the word is" that Gamble and Ryan are buddies and Rex wants him.

'Mentos said:
'njherdfan said:
Mike Francesca said today that "the word is" that Gamble and Ryan are buddies and Rex wants him.
Ryan wants Gamble? Why should that matter? Who is running this ship? The head coach selects the GM with this franchise?

Ryan wants Gamble? Why should that matter? Who is running this ship? The head coach selects the GM with this franchise?
That was Francesca's point. He said it showed that, if true, Rex has Woody's ear and more influence than thought. My point was just that if they are friends and he went to bat for the guy (regardless of whether his opinion carries weight), he must expect Gamble to keep him on.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was Francesca's point. He said it showed that, if true, Rex has Woody's ear and more influence than thought. My point was just that if they are friends and he went to bat for the guy (regardless of whether his opinion carries weight), he must expect Gamble to keep him on.
I don't disagree with anything you wrote and I know Gamble had a relationship with Buddy Ryan and Buddy's sons. The whole thing is just ridiculous, though. Woody Johnson is starting to remind me of the astronaut in "Planet of the Apes" who had his brain removed. How can Johnson not see that Ryan is the main culprit as to why the Jets are now a cesspool organization? In 2013, a man-child named Rex Ryan will once again lead the Jets.

The whole thing is just ridiculous, though. Woody Johnson is starting to remind me of the astronaut in "Planet of the Apes" who had his brain removed. How can Johnson not see that Ryan is the main culprit as to why the Jets are now a cesspool organization? In 2013, a man-child named Rex Ryan will once again lead the Jets.
Yes, it is. Have had a hard time liking the Jets since Johnson took over.Esp. since the Favre signing.

Interesting article in the NY Post about angry Jet PSL holders....can you take the time to rebuild the right way in a PSL world?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jet_fans_agony_of_da_seat_WYQbF841gstG9ElHn4hfZN

It’s the only thing harder to get rid of than Mark Sanchez — a Jets personal seat license.

Fed-up season-ticket holders are desperately trying to unload their PSLs, setting up a potential mass exodus of Jets fans that could become an even bigger challenge for the team than finding a new general manager.

The selling of PSLs — pricey licenses for the right to buy season tickets — were used by both the Jets and Giants to help fund construction of the $1.6 billion, 82,500-seat MetLife Stadium they share that opened in 2010.

But while Giants fans’ PSLs have gone up in value — their team did just win a Super Bowl last season — Jets fans have seen their investments fall shorter than a Sanchez pass.

NY Post: Chad RachmanTwo bad: “This whole PSL process was a rip-off,” says Kenny Scarabaggio (above), a season-ticket holder since 1983.In the days since Gang Green’s miserable season ended, secondary-market Web sites have been flooded with thousands of ads by Jets fans offering PSLs at bargain-basement prices. More than 1,100 Jets PSLs alone were listed for sale last week at seasonticketrights.com, the world’s largest PSL broker. Most were priced well below what fans originally paid.

An owner of four “Coaches Club” PSLs behind the Jets bench paid $30,000 for each seat but is now trying to unload them for $12,000 a pop.

Another holder of two nearby seats who paid $60,000 combined is offering his for a total of $20,000.

And two mid-level seats that originally carried PSL fees of $4,000 each were up for sale for a mere $500 combined.

“I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just cheaper to go to road games and buy home games through StubHub,” said Kenny Scarabaggio, a season-ticket holder since 1983. “This whole PSL process was a rip-off.”

For two months, Scarabaggio has been trying to peddle his two mid-level mezzanine PSLs for $5,500 — well below the roughly $9,000 he’s paying on a 15-year plan — but can’t find a buyer.

He says he’s now among a growing number of fans considering a flea-flicker of their own: defaulting on remaining PSL payments and gambling that the media-obsessed Jets won’t take their season-ticket holders to court.

Under the PSL agreements, the Jets are legally entitled to full payment.

The topic has even become a hot issue on fan forums usually reserved for bashing the team’s play.

“My feeling is there’s going to be a lot of PSL owners who default,” said Bill Koy Jr., 41, a Morristown, NJ, lawyer whose family has owned season tickets since 1965, when the Jets first drafted Joe Namath.

“As a lawyer, I’m really curious to see if the Jets would really take their fans to court because of the public-relations hit they’d receive and the costs of such litigation,” added Koy, who is not looking to default on his six mid-level PSLs.

A team spokesman said the club wants to “work with fans” through various PSL “payment options” but declined to say whether it would take delinquent fans to court.

“Coaches Club” tickets run $700 each, so someone with two seats must shell out $14,000 yearly for 10 games including preseason — on top of the $60,000 plus interest they’re spending for the PSLs. However, these same tickets went for roughly half-price on StubHub for most games this past season.“I’d rather take a hit now on the PSLs than continue paying $14,000 year after year for tickets I can get much cheaper through scalpers,” said a Manhattan banker, who’s trying to dump two “Coaches Club” PSLs for half the price of the $50,000 he paid.

The Jets charge an average of $117.94 per ticket for non-premium seats, tops in the NFL, according to Team Marketing Report. For premium PSL seats in the lower bowl and mezzanine sections, tickets average $301.36, well above the league average of $243.70.

However, fans using StubHub and other secondary-market sites this season paid an average of just $85.32, according to TiqIQ, an aggregator of secondary-market ducats.

rcalder@nypost.com

My family had 4 seats on the 45 yard line (9th row) I since before I was born. My father and uncle didn't even consider paying the 80k for the psls. I honestly have no idea why anybody would.

With hdtv and the ease of getting tickets on the secondary market, I don't see the appeal of buying season tickets.

I'm thrilled to read this. Let the fans send a message to Woody that we won't paid top dollar for an inferior product in an ugly stadium. Move the ####in team in the right direction, instead of the one that benefits the pocketbook and maybe you can win your fan base back.

Interesting article in the NY Post about angry Jet PSL holders....can you take the time to rebuild the right way in a PSL world?http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jet_fans_agony_of_da_seat_WYQbF841gstG9ElHn4hfZNIt’s the only thing harder to get rid of than Mark Sanchez — a Jets personal seat license.Fed-up season-ticket holders are desperately trying to unload their PSLs, setting up a potential mass exodus of Jets fans that could become an even bigger challenge for the team than finding a new general manager.The selling of PSLs — pricey licenses for the right to buy season tickets — were used by both the Jets and Giants to help fund construction of the $1.6 billion, 82,500-seat MetLife Stadium they share that opened in 2010.But while Giants fans’ PSLs have gone up in value — their team did just win a Super Bowl last season — Jets fans have seen their investments fall shorter than a Sanchez pass. NY Post: Chad RachmanTwo bad: “This whole PSL process was a rip-off,” says Kenny Scarabaggio (above), a season-ticket holder since 1983.In the days since Gang Green’s miserable season ended, secondary-market Web sites have been flooded with thousands of ads by Jets fans offering PSLs at bargain-basement prices. More than 1,100 Jets PSLs alone were listed for sale last week at seasonticketrights.com, the world’s largest PSL broker. Most were priced well below what fans originally paid.An owner of four “Coaches Club” PSLs behind the Jets bench paid $30,000 for each seat but is now trying to unload them for $12,000 a pop.Another holder of two nearby seats who paid $60,000 combined is offering his for a total of $20,000. And two mid-level seats that originally carried PSL fees of $4,000 each were up for sale for a mere $500 combined.“I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just cheaper to go to road games and buy home games through StubHub,” said Kenny Scarabaggio, a season-ticket holder since 1983. “This whole PSL process was a rip-off.”For two months, Scarabaggio has been trying to peddle his two mid-level mezzanine PSLs for $5,500 — well below the roughly $9,000 he’s paying on a 15-year plan — but can’t find a buyer.He says he’s now among a growing number of fans considering a flea-flicker of their own: defaulting on remaining PSL payments and gambling that the media-obsessed Jets won’t take their season-ticket holders to court. Under the PSL agreements, the Jets are legally entitled to full payment.The topic has even become a hot issue on fan forums usually reserved for bashing the team’s play.“My feeling is there’s going to be a lot of PSL owners who default,” said Bill Koy Jr., 41, a Morristown, NJ, lawyer whose family has owned season tickets since 1965, when the Jets first drafted Joe Namath.“As a lawyer, I’m really curious to see if the Jets would really take their fans to court because of the public-relations hit they’d receive and the costs of such litigation,” added Koy, who is not looking to default on his six mid-level PSLs.A team spokesman said the club wants to “work with fans” through various PSL “payment options” but declined to say whether it would take delinquent fans to court.“Coaches Club” tickets run $700 each, so someone with two seats must shell out $14,000 yearly for 10 games including preseason — on top of the $60,000 plus interest they’re spending for the PSLs. However, these same tickets went for roughly half-price on StubHub for most games this past season.“I’d rather take a hit now on the PSLs than continue paying $14,000 year after year for tickets I can get much cheaper through scalpers,” said a Manhattan banker, who’s trying to dump two “Coaches Club” PSLs for half the price of the $50,000 he paid. The Jets charge an average of $117.94 per ticket for non-premium seats, tops in the NFL, according to Team Marketing Report. For premium PSL seats in the lower bowl and mezzanine sections, tickets average $301.36, well above the league average of $243.70.However, fans using StubHub and other secondary-market sites this season paid an average of just $85.32, according to TiqIQ, an aggregator of secondary-market ducats.rcalder@nypost.com
I'm sure the Jets would love to have those PSL back to re-market and sell again. NYC is to big of a market steep in tradition for them not to rebound at some point in time. While I'm not a huge Rex fan, we're not too far emoved from them being in the playoffs and the fans on this board strutting their stuff.

Interesting article in the NY Post about angry Jet PSL holders....can you take the time to rebuild the right way in a PSL world?http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jet_fans_agony_of_da_seat_WYQbF841gstG9ElHn4hfZNIt’s the only thing harder to get rid of than Mark Sanchez — a Jets personal seat license.Fed-up season-ticket holders are desperately trying to unload their PSLs, setting up a potential mass exodus of Jets fans that could become an even bigger challenge for the team than finding a new general manager.The selling of PSLs — pricey licenses for the right to buy season tickets — were used by both the Jets and Giants to help fund construction of the $1.6 billion, 82,500-seat MetLife Stadium they share that opened in 2010.But while Giants fans’ PSLs have gone up in value — their team did just win a Super Bowl last season — Jets fans have seen their investments fall shorter than a Sanchez pass. NY Post: Chad RachmanTwo bad: “This whole PSL process was a rip-off,” says Kenny Scarabaggio (above), a season-ticket holder since 1983.In the days since Gang Green’s miserable season ended, secondary-market Web sites have been flooded with thousands of ads by Jets fans offering PSLs at bargain-basement prices. More than 1,100 Jets PSLs alone were listed for sale last week at seasonticketrights.com, the world’s largest PSL broker. Most were priced well below what fans originally paid.An owner of four “Coaches Club” PSLs behind the Jets bench paid $30,000 for each seat but is now trying to unload them for $12,000 a pop.Another holder of two nearby seats who paid $60,000 combined is offering his for a total of $20,000. And two mid-level seats that originally carried PSL fees of $4,000 each were up for sale for a mere $500 combined.“I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just cheaper to go to road games and buy home games through StubHub,” said Kenny Scarabaggio, a season-ticket holder since 1983. “This whole PSL process was a rip-off.”For two months, Scarabaggio has been trying to peddle his two mid-level mezzanine PSLs for $5,500 — well below the roughly $9,000 he’s paying on a 15-year plan — but can’t find a buyer.He says he’s now among a growing number of fans considering a flea-flicker of their own: defaulting on remaining PSL payments and gambling that the media-obsessed Jets won’t take their season-ticket holders to court. Under the PSL agreements, the Jets are legally entitled to full payment.The topic has even become a hot issue on fan forums usually reserved for bashing the team’s play.“My feeling is there’s going to be a lot of PSL owners who default,” said Bill Koy Jr., 41, a Morristown, NJ, lawyer whose family has owned season tickets since 1965, when the Jets first drafted Joe Namath.“As a lawyer, I’m really curious to see if the Jets would really take their fans to court because of the public-relations hit they’d receive and the costs of such litigation,” added Koy, who is not looking to default on his six mid-level PSLs.A team spokesman said the club wants to “work with fans” through various PSL “payment options” but declined to say whether it would take delinquent fans to court.“Coaches Club” tickets run $700 each, so someone with two seats must shell out $14,000 yearly for 10 games including preseason — on top of the $60,000 plus interest they’re spending for the PSLs. However, these same tickets went for roughly half-price on StubHub for most games this past season.“I’d rather take a hit now on the PSLs than continue paying $14,000 year after year for tickets I can get much cheaper through scalpers,” said a Manhattan banker, who’s trying to dump two “Coaches Club” PSLs for half the price of the $50,000 he paid. The Jets charge an average of $117.94 per ticket for non-premium seats, tops in the NFL, according to Team Marketing Report. For premium PSL seats in the lower bowl and mezzanine sections, tickets average $301.36, well above the league average of $243.70.However, fans using StubHub and other secondary-market sites this season paid an average of just $85.32, according to TiqIQ, an aggregator of secondary-market ducats.rcalder@nypost.com
I'm sure the Jets would love to have those PSL back to re-market and sell again. NYC is to big of a market steep in tradition for them not to rebound at some point in time. While I'm not a huge Rex fan, we're not too far emoved from them being in the playoffs and the fans on this board strutting their stuff.
The Jets are one of the least talented teams in football, they have no qb and aren't in a position to draft one. Sorry but they're getting a lot worse before they get better.

The Jets are one of the least talented teams in football, they have no qb and aren't in a position to draft one. Sorry but they're getting a lot worse before they get better.
Wilson, Cousins, and Foles all went round 3 or later last year.

I don't think so. I know for a fact that they haven't sold all of their PSLs. Anyone who wants to pay full-price for a PSL can call the Jets ticket office and get one. I've been cold-called by them a few times.

I don't think so. I know for a fact that they haven't sold all of their PSLs. Anyone who wants to pay full-price for a PSL can call the Jets ticket office and get one. I've been cold-called by them a few times.
Yup. They call me pretty often. If I order anything from the Jets shop, its a guaranteed call within the next week.They once offered to pick me up at my house in a limo and drive me to the stadium for a personal all-access tour. I don't make that much money and our old season tickets were under my uncle's last name (different than mine) so they must just be desperate.

They're definitely desperate. You knew it was an issue before the stadium even opened when they changed their plan to have the whole stadium require PSLs, making a big piece of the upper deck (if not the whole thing, I'm not sure) exempt. That showed where the demand was. Then you had long time lower and mezzanine ticket holders trying to go higher up into the uppers so they could avoid the PSL fee altogether. Take a bunch of those people away, and all of a sudden your lower bowl full of eager PSL-buyers has dwindled significantly. Then add in that they opened a new stadium coming off a championship game appearance, and they still couldn't sell the place out.

They're definitely desperate. You knew it was an issue before the stadium even opened when they changed their plan to have the whole stadium require PSLs, making a big piece of the upper deck (if not the whole thing, I'm not sure) exempt. That showed where the demand was. Then you had long time lower and mezzanine ticket holders trying to go higher up into the uppers so they could avoid the PSL fee altogether. Take a bunch of those people away, and all of a sudden your lower bowl full of eager PSL-buyers has dwindled significantly. Then add in that they opened a new stadium coming off a championship game appearance, and they still couldn't sell the place out.
Thats what is so interesting IMO.....the Jets are in clear need of a rebuild. Now in the NFL its not too bad - you can rebuild in 1-2 yrs - but without a franchise or very good QB it will likely take the Jets years to rebuild the right way....but in the stub hub/PSL era can teams afford to rebuild? They had trouble when the team was very good....now that those back to back AFCCGs are clearly a thing of the past I think a lot of PSL owners are having buyers remorse. You can jump on Stub hub and buy any game in almost any section you want for close to face value 90% of the time....no pre season rip offs or PSL payments. There are not many perks to being a season ticket holder any more. I can see a lot of frustrated fans that got in over their head default on payments - more so when the team is rebuilding. This will be an interesting story to follow in the future IMO

If I had a guarantee that they were going to feed me, I'd give up an afternoon and go to take the tour. My company has a luxury box, so I know that the catered food is outstanding. The buffalo chicken mac and cheese is unreal. I still wouldn't buy tickets though

Jets reportedly fire Sparano. Rex Ryan appears to be safe. He must have compromising pictures of Woody Johnson with a dog and a cow.

If I had a guarantee that they were going to feed me, I'd give up an afternoon and go to take the tour.

My company has a luxury box, so I know that the catered food is outstanding. The buffalo chicken mac and cheese is unreal.

I still wouldn't buy tickets though
Holy #### are you right. I was in the Pepsi scoreboard suite for that Dolphins game a couple years back when the coach tripped the player on the sideline. I ate an entire tray of that stuff, and since then I've started making it at home. My brother in law has access to one of the lower level suites for Giants games through his company as well, and they really are first class from a hospitality standpoint. But that's another issue as that's where the compliments for the new stadium pretty much end. The upper deck seats don't have great views, everything feels a bit pushed back, and the stadium itself has no personality besides being a completely mess inside from a structural design standpoint.

Can you post the recipe you use? Yes, I'm going there. I don't like the stadium either. The parking situation sucks as well. I brought a client to the 49er game this year and gave them a parking pass. As a result, I didn't get one. Had to pay 35 bucks to park 5 miles away and take a bus. Then the bus dropped me off on the opposite side of the stadium as the entrance to the suites. Got to stadium at 12:15 and still missed most of the first quarter by the time I finally sat down

Ha unfortunately I do it half-assed nowhere like what they have there, being that I have a small NYC kitchen and a serious lack of patience. I just make a quick cheese sauce...some milk, butter, a little flour. Add in plenty of cheese. Combine with pasta, add in a ton of Frank's. Meanwhile I just bake some chicken and dice it up afterwards and throw it in. Does the job.

Can you post the recipe you use? Yes, I'm going there. I don't like the stadium either. The parking situation sucks as well. I brought a client to the 49er game this year and gave them a parking pass. As a result, I didn't get one. Had to pay 35 bucks to park 5 miles away and take a bus. Then the bus dropped me off on the opposite side of the stadium as the entrance to the suites. Got to stadium at 12:15 and still missed most of the first quarter by the time I finally sat down
I say the same thing every home game.....$1.8B for this? Not one "wow" factor in the stadium. Only thing of note is the ridiculous number of suites and clubs to gouge more monney....whoever designed it should never work again....tough to park....very few entrances to get in and out of the stadium - not enough bathrooms and ones they do have are too small. Regular food (non club - suite) stinks - Its really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread