What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Off-Season thread:Down goes Kane! (2 Viewers)

Wild will finish higher than the Blackhawks. if you don't believe me gfy.

:bye:
sorry, gentlemen. it's coming.
Let's be honest here...you were writing this team off until Dubnyk came along. And with Kane out, IMO, Hawks aren't getting out of the first round.
lol. link?
IIRC (and I'm pretty drunk) you were saying they weren't going anywhere after their midseason collapse. Regardless I have zero hopes for the Hawks without Kane. Has been their best player all year and their best playoff player for the last 3 seasons.

oh. hey, Chicago. looking forward to taking your spot next week.
You were flapping your gums last year too :coffee:
eh?
Last year you were all Wild are going to beat the Hawks. Crow stood on his head and the Wild went home.
was I all? yeah, I've probably picked them in every series. or I wrote them off. who's keeping track.but if Crow had to steal it, who was the better team? I thought it was pretty even, slight edge to the Wild. guess I underestimated how dominant they were.

eh?
Last year you were all Wild are going to beat the Hawks. Crow stood on his head and the Wild went home.
was I all? yeah, I've probably picked them in every series. or I wrote them off. who's keeping track.but if Crow had to steal it, who was the better team? I thought it was pretty even, slight edge to the Wild. guess I underestimated how dominant they were.
lol, hey I like the Wild if there is a team in the West I want to win it's them. But #### have the Hawks been awful the last two games and even their last 3. U G L Y. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they fall to the wild card.

ETA Crow stole the Blues series as well IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's be honest here...you were writing this team off until Dubnyk came along. And with Kane out, IMO, Hawks aren't getting out of the first round.
lol. link?
IIRC (and I'm pretty drunk) you were saying they weren't going anywhere after their midseason collapse. Regardless I have zero hopes for the Hawks without Kane. Has been their best player all year and their best playoff player for the last 3 seasons.
yeah, they're not deep enough to overcome one injury at all. no way. let me know when you find that link.

Hawks are the favorites in the West. Nobody wants to face them in round 1.

Wild's top 3 lines are the best going right now though.

eh?
lol, hey I like the Wild if there is a team in the West I want to win it's them. But #### have the Hawks been awful the last two games and even their last 3. U G L Y. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they fall to the wild card.ETA Crow stole the Blues series as well IMO.
that's more like it, let's just agree that the Hawks ####### suck. and the Blues. #### them too.

eh?
A steal or not a steal, who won the game, hoser?

lol. link?
yeah, they're not deep enough to overcome one injury at all. no way.let me know when you find that link.
So the Hawks lose a guy who has been responsible for 40% of their offense in the postseason since 2010 has the capability to last more than 1 round?

eh?
Columbus

eh?
lol, hey I like the Wild if there is a team in the West I want to win it's them. But #### have the Hawks been awful the last two games and even their last 3. U G L Y. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they fall to the wild card.ETA Crow stole the Blues series as well IMO.
that's more like it, let's just agree that the Hawks ####### suck. and the Blues. #### them too.
Hawks don't suck and the Wild haven't won #### yet. So let's talk when they actually win something that matter...k?

Hawks are the favorites in the West. Nobody wants to face them in round 1.

Wild's top 3 lines are the best going right now though.
Brodziak/Haula/Schroeder/Bergenheim have been pretty damn good too. let's give credit where it's due.
Yeah. Love their depth/balance up front. Vanek on the 3rd line is deadly. Love to see Dumba contributing too.Going to be a fun ride for them I hope.

lol. link?
yeah, they're not deep enough to overcome one injury at all. no way.let me know when you find that link.
So the Hawks lose a guy who has been responsible for 40% of their offense in the postseason since 2010 has the capability to last more than 1 round?
Kane is awesome. Hawks are one of the few teams that can withstand that loss.teams slump, Hawks will be fine. unless they play the Wild, then they are ####ed.

lol. link?
Kane is awesome. Hawks are one of the few teams that can withstand that loss.teams slump, Hawks will be fine. unless they play the Wild, then they are ####ed.
Disagree, down to 1 line now and D is a hot mess. There isn't any time left to get their #### together. They are slumping simply because they thrive on possession that's gone right now, and into the playoffs there is 1 guy that drives that possession more than anyone else by a very wide margin. That guy is gone until at the earliest the 2nd round and then he needs to step right in at his normal level which will take a full series.

eh?
Hawks don't suck and the Wild haven't won #### yet. So let's talk when they actually win something that matter...k?
I've been waiting forever. gfy

eh?
I've been waiting forever. gfy
Think you're still waiting this year so gfy as well :thumbup:

ETA I waited since I started watching hockey in the 80s and having my heart ripped out in 92.

lol. link?
Disagree, down to 1 line now and D is a hot mess. There isn't any time left to get their #### together. They are slumping simply because they thrive on possession that's gone right now, and into the playoffs there is 1 guy that drives that possession more than anyone else by a very wide margin. That guy is gone until at the earliest the 2nd round and then he needs to step right in at his normal level which will take a full series.
yeah, you're right. one man team that they had to tank for a decade to get. losers.

lol. link?
Next week will tell the story. The Hawks have been playing most teams lately that are not going to the playoffs. Those teams are playing loose and without pressure. The Hawks seem to play down to the competition. Tonight was the perfect trap game. They came home after a horrible road trip, and they have huge games coming up against other playoff teams. They will answer the bell in Winnipeg on Sunday and then bring that momentum home and beat the Kings on Monday. They need to play other teams battling for playoff position.

lol. link?
yeah, you're right. one man team that they had to tank for a decade to get. losers.
So you watch every game? Do you have an explanation of the ~1GF loss since the beginning of Jan otherwise? The only reliable offensive threat they have had is crushing them. No goal support from the bottom 6 if Toews/Hossa don't score Hawks don't win.

lol. link?
Next week will tell the story. The Hawks have been playing most teams lately that are not going to the playoffs. Those teams are playing loose and without pressure. The Hawks seem to play down to the competition. Tonight was the perfect trap game. They came home after a horrible road trip, and they have huge games coming up against other playoff teams. They will answer the bell in Winnipeg on Sunday and then bring that momentum home and beat the Kings on Monday. They need to play other teams battling for playoff position.
They need to win against teams they are better than. No excuse for 9 GAs (8 really with the the eng tonight) against in two games vs Flyers and Blue Jackets. Really? No excuse for this.

eh?
Columbus
Grasping at straws, Wild-man!

eh?
Columbus
Grasping at straws, Wild-man!
admit it, you laughed

eh?
God dammit Brasky, don't drag the Blues into this. It's too close to playoff season for us to talk ####.

Shattenkirk is back tonight. Thanks to Tows and co for giving C-bus the night off last night.

Nice to see the Caps show up at home against one of the best teams in the West and of course Forsberg had to score.

:X

If Lucic didn't kick it in, im not sure what a kick in is
Apparently you can do anything as long as your skate stays on the ice. Even Lucic knew it wasn't a good goal.
Ehhh. He was trying to settle the puck down and it happened to go in. Show me video of the goal with a "distinct kicking motion" and I'll recant.
Like I said...I'm not sure what could possibly be in between what Lucic did and a distinct kick that would result in the blade staying on the ice for the entire time. That's what the rule is really trying to avoid - the potential safety concern of skate blades flying especially as the goalie is reaching for the puck. So just change the rule to reflect that.

Users who are viewing this thread