What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 1987 Thread (1 Viewer)

1986 was actually a better year for me. Maybe that's why '87 seemed like a letdown at the time, even though I actually had the world by the tail and didn't realize it.

Guns n Roses releases Appetite For Destruction
7th grade, middle school, I wore out 2 copies of that tape before I finally bought the LP

I remember MTV and watching the Top 10 video countdown.
At the time it was a lot of Metal/Hair and some pop but you routinely would see Def Leppard almost every day on there.

Summer movies in '87 were pretty dismal with a few exceptions like Predator

Also the year I graduated hs.

Very fun time…
Early acceptance to college so spring was pretty loose.
Friday afternoon club at the beach after practice
San Diego in the fall
Fraternity
49ers were fantastic

Guns n Roses releases Appetite For Destruction
7th grade, middle school, I wore out 2 copies of that tape before I finally bought the LP

I remember MTV and watching the Top 10 video countdown.
At the time it was a lot of Metal/Hair and some pop but you routinely would see Def Leppard almost every day on there.

Summer movies in '87 were pretty dismal with a few exceptions like Predator
pour some sugar on me spent a whole summer at number one on the dial mtv countdown if I remember correctly.

7th grade...started to realize the advantages I was given in life...great time to be alive. Very happy year.

Sophomore year. My best friend had an older sister at UMASS, and we started going up on weekends to hang out (lol our parents). Had a bunch of wonderful 'first time' and 'only time' experiences on these trips. Perspective is amazing, at that time I thought a dorm party was the coolest social event possible. Fast forward 3 years, I was disgusted by dorms. :laugh:

I think I made my best ever mixtape that year. I replicated it (and added a lot more since I was limited to a cassette tape) on Spotify.
1987 - Spinning on that dizzy edge
Great times.
I had to check, when I went through your playlists before, which ones I downloaded. Definitely this one, 1988, 1996, 1994. Oh, and 1983. (That reminds me, I really need to make a 100 list of 1983 before someone else ****s it up.)

Looking at your list, this was the year I came closest to listening to metal. I really disliked everything about hair bands, but Guns N Roses and De Lappard that year....a great rock album is a great rock album.

Sophomore year. My best friend had an older sister at UMASS, and we started going up on weekends to hang out (lol our parents). Had a bunch of wonderful 'first time' and 'only time' experiences on these trips. Perspective is amazing, at that time I thought a dorm party was the coolest social event possible. Fast forward 3 years, I was disgusted by dorms. :laugh:
My son is finishing his sophomore year at UMass as we speak - the dorms are still gross.

Finished the K-8th Catholic school and transferred to the public junior high (7th-9th) that fall. An incredible, life changing year.

Twins won the World Series. I was 15. Uncle worked for NBC sports, so we had seats among all the bigwigs for every game at the Metrodome and got to go to all these parties with celebrities and players. Time of my life.

I still tear up anytime I see highlights.

Graduated HS, went to basic training in early October - was working KP when they beat Detroit and we overheard the cooks talk about Twins/Cards WS. Didn't find out they had won until I heard a couple Drills talking about it at a range the day after game 7. Happiest day of 3 months of hell. No amount of pushups could have ruined that day.

Users who are viewing this thread