What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2010 Dallas Cowboys In Season Thread (1 Viewer)

All of those teams have a better record than the 0-2 Cowboys, so by NFL standards, they're better. They won more games.
Care to wager on that list? Single head to head bets on final record...CHI, WAS, SEA, NYG, PHI, AZ. The others you mentioned were on my better than or equal to list.
I was trying to make a point with that list. Record determines who the best teams were at the end of the year... not expectations.Dallas is a far better team than their 0-2 record shows, but they're winless right now, and that's all that counts when playoffs roll around. Wins and losses.I think they're fully capable of going 10-4 down the stretch and winning the division. Can they get out of their own effing way and do just that? I doubt it.

I have pulled against the Cowboys my whole life, I love to see them lose and am pretty much thrilled to see their implosion.

It cracks me and a lot of Saints fans up that the Boys have a Saints coach they discarded 20+ years ago after a 5-11 season.

But, I will say this:

Their (real) fans and Phillips himself deserve a team that is not managed from up high. EVERYBODY gets in the gameplan in Dallas, everybody.

That team should be about running the ball and defense. Give it to Barber until he runs out of gas and then give it to Choice, and get the ball to Austin 100 times this year. Bench Roy Williams. And become a blitz heavy defense. Instead they just seem to want to make the least out of the most.

I want to know where are all the people (and there were several) that swore up and down Roy would be cut prior to this season?

It's about time to realize that Jones may be land rich and cash poor.

All of those teams have a better record than the 0-2 Cowboys, so by NFL standards, they're better. They won more games.
Care to wager on that list? Single head to head bets on final record...CHI, WAS, SEA, NYG, PHI, AZ. The others you mentioned were on my better than or equal to list.
I was trying to make a point with that list. Record determines who the best teams were at the end of the year... not expectations.Dallas is a far better team than their 0-2 record shows, but they're winless right now, and that's all that counts when playoffs roll around. Wins and losses.I think they're fully capable of going 10-4 down the stretch and winning the division. Can they get out of their own effing way and do just that? I doubt it.
Well that was my point along with my opinion that many of the fans here are blowing things out of proportion after two games. There's a lot of doom and gloom, but the reality is that the NFC has significantly fallen off this year.

per Bryan Broaddus:

Another day of practice and another day of misses for David Buehler. He just missed four straight all under 40 yards.

per Bryan Broaddus:Another day of practice and another day of misses for David Buehler. He just missed four straight all under 40 yards.
If true we need to bring Kris Brown in immediately. His confidence is obviously gone and I'd hate for him to be the difference between 1-2 and 0-3 vs the Texans.

I have pulled against the Cowboys my whole life, I love to see them lose and am pretty much thrilled to see their implosion. It cracks me and a lot of Saints fans up that the Boys have a Saints coach they discarded 20+ years ago after a 5-11 season. But, I will say this:Their (real) fans and Phillips himself deserve a team that is not managed from up high. EVERYBODY gets in the gameplan in Dallas, everybody. That team should be about running the ball and defense. Give it to Barber until he runs out of gas and then give it to Choice, and get the ball to Austin 100 times this year. Bench Roy Williams. And become a blitz heavy defense. Instead they just seem to want to make the least out of the most.
Other then being a saints fan....This guy gets it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big grain of salt here, fellas.

Word now comes from two great sources close to the organization that Jones is gauging interest from a few former NFL head coaches currently working on TV networks. CBS in-studio analyst Bill Cowher is Jones number one choice to replace Phillips. His second choice is NFL Network/Fox analyst Brian Billick. Both Cowher and Billick have Super Bowl rings, something Jones really wants to have when it comes to who will be leading his struggling team.
I don't believe it. Wade is here to stay through the impending lockout.

Word now comes from two great sources close to the organization that Jones is gauging interest from a few former NFL head coaches currently working on TV networks. CBS in-studio analyst Bill Cowher is Jones number one choice to replace Phillips. His second choice is NFL Network/Fox analyst Brian Billick. Both Cowher and Billick have Super Bowl rings, something Jones really wants to have when it comes to who will be leading his struggling team.
Link please?

It cracks me and a lot of Saints fans up that the Boys have a Saints coach they discarded 20+ years ago after a 5-11 season.
Also, the Saints have a discarded cowboys coach.Wish we had kept him. He seems, like, brilliant and stuff.
Drew Brees makes him look a lot more brilliant than he probably really is.Give him Trent Edwards and let's test his brilliance.
:thumbup: yeah, cuz Brees called that onside kick in the Super Bowl.What was Brees before he came to NO? Payton is a GREAT coach, I can't believe anyone would try to diminish that.

I have pulled against the Cowboys my whole life, I love to see them lose and am pretty much thrilled to see their implosion. It cracks me and a lot of Saints fans up that the Boys have a Saints coach they discarded 20+ years ago after a 5-11 season. But, I will say this:Their (real) fans and Phillips himself deserve a team that is not managed from up high. EVERYBODY gets in the gameplan in Dallas, everybody. That team should be about running the ball and defense. Give it to Barber until he runs out of gas and then give it to Choice, and get the ball to Austin 100 times this year. Bench Roy Williams. And become a blitz heavy defense. Instead they just seem to want to make the least out of the most.
This guy gets it.
Apparently not. Barber has worn down each of the last two seasons without even carrying the load. Choice is a great backup, probably not a great starting RB. And the Cowboys don't have the personnel to run a blitz heavy defense. :thumbup:

This guy gets it.
Apparently not. Barber has worn down each of the last two seasons without even carrying the load. Choice is a great backup, probably not a great starting RB. And the Cowboys don't have the personnel to run a blitz heavy defense. :no:
I don't care, pick a RB and ride em. As far as blitzing goes, name the last game you saw a corner blitz. I dare you.

Link please?
http://prosportsblogging.com/nfl-football/...-wade-phillips/

Link please?
http://prosportsblogging.com/nfl-football/...-wade-phillips/
I dont buy it."The place where fans are sports writers is our source"? Thanks for sharing, I just think the source is weak.

Notes from Wade's presser:

Says Kosier and Columbo appear to be fine (in return from their injuries). Both practiced fine today as did Witten.

Jenkins was held out of contact drills today but will be fine.

Says Witten could have probably returned to last week's game (in looking back).

Personnel changes? "No...not really."

Akwasi will continue to return kicks. Dez returning punts.

Sean Lee and Sam Young returned to practice today.

Thinks defense is getting good pressure. Would like to get great pressure.

"We need a better running game to compliment our passing game."

Wow...this has been an interesting couple of weeks of posting here....lol....

First off, I would kill...KILL for Sean Payton to be the guy in Dallas. We didnt discard him, he left for a better opportunity. He is extremely creative and his game plans are second to none in my opinion. He is also smart enough not to try to be bigger than what he is, he hired a great defensive coordinator and got out of his way.

Our offense lacks any real creativity. Garrett is a hack. He should have been an assistant for a few more years learning under a real coach before he got this promotion. The offense is really predictable, even to an outsider like me. I am no expert, I am no coach, I am no coordinator even at the junior high level yet several times each game, I call the play they are about to run before they run it. That doesnt seem like it should be possible.

Our team lacks any type of discipline, heart or fire. That is 100% on the coach. I like what Wade does on defense but the defense never finishes out games, makes tons of mental mistakes and never seems to live up to potential.

Buehler has to be replaced too. Not only are his field goals not up to the NFL standard, it is effecting his kickoffs too. They need to get an experienced kicker in there before they completely ruin this kid.

First off, I would kill...KILL for Sean Payton to be the guy in Dallas. We didnt discard him, he left for a better opportunity. He is extremely creative and his game plans are second to none in my opinion. He is also smart enough not to try to be bigger than what he is, he hired a great defensive coordinator and got out of his way.

Our offense lacks any real creativity. Garrett is a hack. He should have been an assistant for a few more years learning under a real coach before he got this promotion. The offense is really predictable, even to an outsider like me. I am no expert, I am no coach, I am no coordinator even at the junior high level yet several times each game, I call the play they are about to run before they run it. That doesnt seem like it should be possible.

Our team lacks any type of discipline, heart or fire. That is 100% on the coach. I like what Wade does on defense but the defense never finishes out games, makes tons of mental mistakes and never seems to live up to potential.

Buehler has to be replaced too. Not only are his field goals not up to the NFL standard, it is effecting his kickoffs too. They need to get an experienced kicker in there before they completely ruin this kid.
What do you mean you are calling the play they are about to run? Are you calling run or pass? Are you calling the personnel on the field (5 WR/1 TE)etc...) Are you calling who is going to catch the ball?...c'mon guys. I'm not trying to call you out Texas but lets stop jumping overboard here.

This team is not so talented and well coached that we would go (yes I said we) 14-2, 13-3. We have been in each game and if you asked me I think we outplayed both opponents if not for TO's. The NFL is a marathon not a sprint. Not only tha, but our bye week seems to have come at the right time this year and we can use it to reevaluate and recharge. Chill! please....Texas is OUR state and that will be shown on Sunday.

What do you mean you are calling the play they are about to run? Are you calling run or pass? Are you calling the personnel on the field (5 WR/1 TE)etc...) Are you calling who is going to catch the ball?...c'mon guys. I'm not trying to call you out Texas but lets stop jumping overboard here.

This team is not so talented and well coached that we would go (yes I said we) 14-2, 13-3. We have been in each game and if you asked me I think we outplayed both opponents if not for TO's. The NFL is a marathon not a sprint. Not only that, but our bye week seems to have come at the right time this year and we can use it to reevaluate and recharge. Chill! please....Texas is OUR state and that will be shown on Sunday.

DaWidowMaker said:
Texasmouth said:

This team is not so talented and well coached that we would go (yes I said we) 14-2, 13-3. We have been in each game and if you asked me I think we outplayed both opponents if not for TO's. The NFL is a marathon not a sprint. Not only that, but our bye week seems to have come at the right time this year and we can use it to reevaluate and recharge. Chill! please....Texas is OUR state and that will be shown on Sunday.
:unsure: We are only 12% into the NFL season. No need to panic.

My brother and I were watching the game at the same time and talking back and forth on skype about the play calling. I was consistently right about the play being called. Dont believe me. This isnt a job application. I am telling you over and over again I called the basic play that was going to be ran. Several times, even MORE THAN ONCE when Romo checked off to that ridiculous delayed hand off.

I am not one of the fans who goes Chicken Little every time we lose. It has WAY more to do with the way the games are being lost that concerns me.

Also, the Saints have a discarded cowboys coach.Wish we had kept him. He seems, like, brilliant and stuff.
Drew Brees makes him look a lot more brilliant than he probably really is.Give him Trent Edwards and let's test his brilliance.
:shrug: yeah, cuz Brees called that onside kick in the Super Bowl.What was Brees before he came to NO? Payton is a GREAT coach, I can't believe anyone would try to diminish that.
Kind of ironic to get on someone's case for diminishing Payton, when you are diminishing Brees in similar fashion in the very same breath.To answer your question, Brees was a Pro Bowl quarterback before he came to New Orleans.

i predict the Cowboys will come out and try to run the ball against the Texans and it wont work. i see plenty of 3 and outs. the Texans are good against the run. the Cowboys have been bad at running.

Romo will then have over 40 attempts, the O will be predictable, and the Cowboys go into the bye 0-3. i hope they prove me wrong...... :goodposting:

:thumbup: yeah, cuz Brees called that onside kick in the Super Bowl.What was Brees before he came to NO? Payton is a GREAT coach, I can't believe anyone would try to diminish that.
Kind of ironic to get on someone's case for diminishing Payton, when you are diminishing Brees in similar fashion in the very same breath.To answer your question, Brees was a Pro Bowl quarterback before he came to New Orleans.
Don't quote probowl appearances in the shark pool, tia. Garrard started for the AFC last year. The PB is meaningless.

As far as blitzing goes, name the last game you saw a corner blitz. I dare you.
Name the last time Dallas didn't telegraph their blitz about 2 seconds ahead of the snap.
Its the same blitz over and over. James or Brooking blast the A gap.
Well, typically when they run that one of the DE cover the TE if he goes out anyways. It is funny that I get the feeling they have roughly 5 plays they run on defense. Then again the super bowl teams would run the same defense damn near every single play, except super obvious passing downs.

I'm also loving Wade firing back at the press for calling him on the "change" comment from the Monday press conference. What a joke of a human that guy is.

i predict the Cowboys will come out and try to run the ball against the Texans and it wont work. i see plenty of 3 and outs. the Texans are good against the run. the Cowboys have been bad at running.Romo will then have over 40 attempts, the O will be predictable, and the Cowboys go into the bye 0-3. i hope they prove me wrong...... :shock:
I hope they prove you right. :shrug:But I agree with you about how wise that course of action is. Stopping the run is a Houston strength, among the best in the league, and stopping the pass is a Houston weakness, among the worst in the league.As a Texans fan I'd love nothing more than for Dallas to come out and ignore the pass and keep it on the ground. They might find success if they do, but I think it would play into the Texans hands a lot more than would coming out throwing and only using the run when the pass had set it up.

:lmao: yeah, cuz Brees called that onside kick in the Super Bowl.What was Brees before he came to NO? Payton is a GREAT coach, I can't believe anyone would try to diminish that.
Not diminishing Brees at all. What happened to his stats when he went from SD to NO? He went from being a good QB to one of the best in the league. Payton coaches to his players strengths, that's what makes him a good coach.Brees doesn't make Payton a good coach, there is far more to coaching than QB play. Payyon doesn't make Brees a good QB, but he DOES put Brees in the best situations for him to succeed, which is the difference between good and great.Can't believe we're even discussing this...Back to the Boys, let's see an OL that can be aggressive in the running game. This OL looks like Indys from a couple years ago... No push at all.

Back to the Boys, let's see an OL that can be aggressive in the running game. This OL looks like Indys from a couple years ago... No push at all.
This is completly false the o-line gets a push, the problem is missed blocks. These same blocks (pulling to second level) that Dallas o-line was able to make last year and the year before are not being made hence Felix Jones getting blown up repeatedly before he can even accelerate or cross the line of scrimmage.

Back to the Boys, let's see an OL that can be aggressive in the running game. This OL looks like Indys from a couple years ago... No push at all.
This is completly false the o-line gets a push, the problem is missed blocks. These same blocks (pulling to second level) that Dallas o-line was able to make last year and the year before are not being made hence Felix Jones getting blown up repeatedly before he can even accelerate or cross the line of scrimmage.
If you say so... But I'm not the only one that has seen the DAL OL turn into drop back pass blockers instead of road grinders. Missed blocks at the second level implies they get the guys at the first level, that simply isn't happening. The delay draw that Dallas ran successfully last year is horrible because the guys up front can't keep the DL at the LOS. No push at all, none, nada. They don't attack the LOS.

i predict the Cowboys will come out and try to run the ball against the Texans and it wont work. i see plenty of 3 and outs. the Texans are good against the run. the Cowboys have been bad at running.Romo will then have over 40 attempts, the O will be predictable, and the Cowboys go into the bye 0-3. i hope they prove me wrong...... :confused:
I hope they prove you right. ;)But I agree with you about how wise that course of action is. Stopping the run is a Houston strength, among the best in the league, and stopping the pass is a Houston weakness, among the worst in the league.As a Texans fan I'd love nothing more than for Dallas to come out and ignore the pass and keep it on the ground. They might find success if they do, but I think it would play into the Texans hands a lot more than would coming out throwing and only using the run when the pass had set it up.
I think it will look a lot like the Saints vs the Vikes the first week where Dallas passes the whole first half then comes out and pounds them in the second half. At least that is what I would do.

Can't wait for this game. It is a big one. It will be fun to watch and see how this team reacts. Nobody thinks Dallas has a chance. Let rock!!

Can't wait for this game. It is a big one. It will be fun to watch and see how this team reacts. Nobody thinks Dallas has a chance. Let rock!!
Dallas usually performs well when they are written off its when they are expected to win the problems occur.

I have to make a confession here. I've identified the problem and have since corrected it.

Week 1- As I do traditionally, I was wearing my #41 jersey for the game. "But," it had not been freshly laundered to begin the season. You see, I had worn it earlier in the week to a fantasy football draft. Dallas lost and the jersey was thrown into the hamper. In a disgusted fashion I might add. Once the season starts, I only wash the jersey after a loss.

Week 2- I was not prepared. As the game got underway, my #41 jersey was still in the hamper. I had never gotten around to laundering it and washing away the residue of defeat. My bad.

Week 3- My #41 jersey has been sufficiently laundered and hung-dried. When it had been reported this week that it was T-New himself that had called up the players only meeting, I knew that I myself had to do my part as well. Everything is now in order.

We're ready :unsure:

Well, we'll see what we get this week guys. I expect the Cowboy offense to look better than it has, and it will. Part of that is the Houston defense isn't that good. So expect to see the offense improve but temper those improvements knowing who we're playing on defense.

The key is the defense. I was very surprised at how many points we gave up against Chicago and that inability to create turnovers. If we can't slow down Houston, we can't win. We must look a lot better on D to have a chance to win. If we can hold Houston to under 24 points we'll win this game. It starts creeping up over that, for get about it.

I like the Cowobys to win. I was surprised at how easy the Redskins moved the ball on Houston after how badly the Redskins moved it on the Cowboys in Week 1. I think we put our crap together today and get a much needed win.

Go Cowboys!

I have to make a confession here. I've identified the problem and have since corrected it.Week 1- As I do traditionally, I was wearing my #41 jersey for the game. "But," it had not been freshly laundered to begin the season. You see, I had worn it earlier in the week to a fantasy football draft. Dallas lost and the jersey was thrown into the hamper. In a disgusted fashion I might add. Once the season starts, I only wash the jersey after a loss. Week 2- I was not prepared. As the game got underway, my #41 jersey was still in the hamper. I had never gotten around to laundering it and washing away the residue of defeat. My bad.Week 3- My #41 jersey has been sufficiently laundered and hung-dried. When it had been reported this week that it was T-New himself that had called up the players only meeting, I knew that I myself had to do my part as well. Everything is now in order.We're ready :thumbup:
Hey that sounds reasonable to me. Cause before that I was at a loss why Dallas could not win vs either of these teams. LOL. Dallas wins today and T-New has a big part in it.

I posted this on another thread, but will summarize. It will be a collegiate environment in there today, extremely loud and hostile. I think Dallas plays better but can't overcome a good Texans team at home with tremendous crowd support.

I posted this on another thread, but will summarize. It will be a collegiate environment in there today, extremely loud and hostile. I think Dallas plays better but can't overcome a good Texans team at home with tremendous crowd support.
That sounds kinda like last season when they played at the Saints in a game that everyone was saying they had no chance in. It will never be as loud as it was for that game. Just saying

I have to make a confession here. I've identified the problem and have since corrected it.Week 1- As I do traditionally, I was wearing my #41 jersey for the game. "But," it had not been freshly laundered to begin the season. You see, I had worn it earlier in the week to a fantasy football draft. Dallas lost and the jersey was thrown into the hamper. In a disgusted fashion I might add. Once the season starts, I only wash the jersey after a loss. Week 2- I was not prepared. As the game got underway, my #41 jersey was still in the hamper. I had never gotten around to laundering it and washing away the residue of defeat. My bad.Week 3- My #41 jersey has been sufficiently laundered and hung-dried. When it had been reported this week that it was T-New himself that had called up the players only meeting, I knew that I myself had to do my part as well. Everything is now in order.We're ready :lol:
You're welcome. :banned:

The team in silver and blue looked a helluva lot more like the Dallas Cowboys today than we've seen thus far, that's for sure.

They ran the ball, controlled the clock, and put some points on the board while the defense held their own in a hostile environment.

T-New, my man, locked down Johnson in the first half with a couple of nice passes defended while holding him to only 2 receptions for 38 yards. Of course, in the second half, he also made a fumble recovery. Props to the 'Boys as they can now build from this as they enter their bye week.

All-in-all, a good win. On the road. As my friends from .38 Special might suggest, they're "Back on the Track."

:blackdot:

I have to make a confession here. I've identified the problem and have since corrected it.Week 1- As I do traditionally, I was wearing my #41 jersey for the game. "But," it had not been freshly laundered to begin the season. You see, I had worn it earlier in the week to a fantasy football draft. Dallas lost and the jersey was thrown into the hamper. In a disgusted fashion I might add. Once the season starts, I only wash the jersey after a loss. Week 2- I was not prepared. As the game got underway, my #41 jersey was still in the hamper. I had never gotten around to laundering it and washing away the residue of defeat. My bad.Week 3- My #41 jersey has been sufficiently laundered and hung-dried. When it had been reported this week that it was T-New himself that had called up the players only meeting, I knew that I myself had to do my part as well. Everything is now in order.We're ready :blackdot:
You always have to GTL. I found a new place to watch the game this week. Right in Giants land so I took some punishment until mid 3rd quarter. You guys are welcome.

I have to make a confession here. I've identified the problem and have since corrected it.Week 1- As I do traditionally, I was wearing my #41 jersey for the game. "But," it had not been freshly laundered to begin the season. You see, I had worn it earlier in the week to a fantasy football draft. Dallas lost and the jersey was thrown into the hamper. In a disgusted fashion I might add. Once the season starts, I only wash the jersey after a loss. Week 2- I was not prepared. As the game got underway, my #41 jersey was still in the hamper. I had never gotten around to laundering it and washing away the residue of defeat. My bad.Week 3- My #41 jersey has been sufficiently laundered and hung-dried. When it had been reported this week that it was T-New himself that had called up the players only meeting, I knew that I myself had to do my part as well. Everything is now in order.We're ready :clap:
You always have to GTL. I found a new place to watch the game this week. Right in Giants land so I took some punishment until mid 3rd quarter. You guys are welcome.
It's a team effort. I'm all for that! :hophead:

they needed a win, and got it.

lets see, they ran the ball well.

Romo took what the D gave him.

The D made plays and got turnovers.

Buehler was money.

still too many penalties, and i hope Kosier is ok.

my game ball goes to Roy Williams!

goin into the bye right in the mix in the NFC East. heres to Rams and Jags winning today! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds kinda like last season when they played at the Saints in a game that everyone was saying they had no chance in. It will never be as loud as it was for that game. Just saying
Just saying :hangover:

Users who are viewing this thread