What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2012 Hot Stove Thread (1 Viewer)

The argument is not whether Molina is better or more valuable than Pujols. It is whether he is as or more loved than Pujols. If you woulod have asked a similar question a few years ago you would have been surprised at how well Eckstein was loved - and he weighed a buck twenty soaking wet.

Another thing with Molina - offensively it is not even close - but Molina is an anchor of that defense and pitching staff. Yadi is a game changer defensively PLUS he has done a pretty good job over the years calling games.

Still, wish we would have signed Pujols - but longe term we are better off reinvesting elsewhere.

The argument is not whether Molina is better or more valuable than Pujols. It is whether he is as or more loved than Pujols. If you woulod have asked a similar question a few years ago you would have been surprised at how well Eckstein was loved - and he weighed a buck twenty soaking wet.Another thing with Molina - offensively it is not even close - but Molina is an anchor of that defense and pitching staff. Yadi is a game changer defensively PLUS he has done a pretty good job over the years calling games.Still, wish we would have signed Pujols - but longe term we are better off reinvesting elsewhere.
I happen to be down there for business a while back and the Union Station(?) mall was packed for an autograph session with some scrub pitcher named Steve Kline. They really get attached to their players, which is kind of neat.

The argument is not whether Molina is better or more valuable than Pujols. It is whether he is as or more loved than Pujols. If you woulod have asked a similar question a few years ago you would have been surprised at how well Eckstein was loved - and he weighed a buck twenty soaking wet.Another thing with Molina - offensively it is not even close - but Molina is an anchor of that defense and pitching staff. Yadi is a game changer defensively PLUS he has done a pretty good job over the years calling games.Still, wish we would have signed Pujols - but longe term we are better off reinvesting elsewhere.
I happen to be down there for business a while back and the Union Station(?) mall was packed for an autograph session with some scrub pitcher named Steve Kline. They really get attached to their players, which is kind of neat.
Kline had THE filthiest hat in baseball. LOVED that guy.

:goodposting: 100%.And now that Pujols is gone, and even though Berkman/Beltran/Holliday are better hitters, it wouldn't surprise me to see Molina become Mr. Popular among Cards fans.

The argument is not whether Molina is better or more valuable than Pujols. It is whether he is as or more loved than Pujols. If you woulod have asked a similar question a few years ago you would have been surprised at how well Eckstein was loved - and he weighed a buck twenty soaking wet.

Another thing with Molina - offensively it is not even close - but Molina is an anchor of that defense and pitching staff. Yadi is a game changer defensively PLUS he has done a pretty good job over the years calling games.

Still, wish we would have signed Pujols - but longe term we are better off reinvesting elsewhere.
:goodposting: 100%.And now that Pujols is gone, and even though Berkman/Beltran/Holliday are better hitters, it wouldn't surprise me to see Molina become Mr. Popular among Cards fans.
Wait, it wouldn't surprise you if he becomes that? So he's not already "as beloved in St. Louis as Pujols was, if not more"?

Wait, it wouldn't surprise you if he becomes that? So he's not already "as beloved in St. Louis as Pujols was, if not more"?
If there was doubt then, there won't be now.

Any word when they are building MolinaLand behind home plate?

Last edited by a moderator:
In every baseball video game I have ever played a Cubs Championship means far too much. In every OOTP game I have owned, I replay Ryno's career just to win him a ring.
so ####### ridiculous......I turned my back on that ### ####ed franchise over a decade ago. It's been so nice not having to shed a tear about 2003, 2008, 2009 or their century + of futility over that time.

Today, I'm sitting here crying like a baby watching this because my father, a life long Cubs fan, passed away over the weekend and I'm just now realizing that he never got to see them win it all.

FML

In every baseball video game I have ever played a Cubs Championship means far too much. In every OOTP game I have owned, I replay Ryno's career just to win him a ring.
so ####### ridiculous......I turned my back on that ### ####ed franchise over a decade ago. It's been so nice not having to shed a tear about 2003, 2008, 2009 or their century + of futility over that time.

Today, I'm sitting here crying like a baby watching this because my father, a life long Cubs fan, passed away over the weekend and I'm just now realizing that he never got to see them win it all.

FML
I was too young to realize how backwards the Cubs were in the 80's and 90's after Green. If I knew then what I know now, I probably would have been a Dodgers fan as a kid (Jackie Robinson book). I might have disagreed with Hendry but there was no question that the organization was trying to win unlike before. Theo's gang may not bring a championship but I have no doubt they will build a quality organization that has a chance to win.My dad was born in 1945 (ironic enough) and is the reason I am a Cubs fan.

FML
I was too young to realize how backwards the Cubs were in the 80's and 90's after Green. If I knew then what I know now, I probably would have been a Dodgers fan as a kid (Jackie Robinson book). I might have disagreed with Hendry but there was no question that the organization was trying to win unlike before. Theo's gang may not bring a championship but I have no doubt they will build a quality organization that has a chance to win.My dad was born in 1945 (ironic enough) and is the reason I am a Cubs fan.
Sorry about your dad.

FML
Sorry about your dad.
Yeah, sorry for your lose gb.

Buddy was told by management that he's got the job as long as the new owners(whenever they get new owners) think his job is a necessity.

His locker is next to Mattinglys(who has taken him under his wing), and two down from Lasorda's.......he says Lasorda is amazing considering his age.

Mattingly had him talk to the whole team yesterday in an attempt to loosen everyone up......apparently he had the whole team cracking up(some of them close to tears)

Sounds like we're going to end up with some nice perks when LA comes to Chicago. :thumbup:

Buddy was told by management that he's got the job as long as the new owners(whenever they get new owners) think his job is a necessity.His locker is next to Mattinglys(who has taken him under his wing), and two down from Lasorda's.......he says Lasorda is amazing considering his age.Mattingly had him talk to the whole team yesterday in an attempt to loosen everyone up......apparently he had the whole team cracking up(some of them close to tears)Sounds like we're going to end up with some nice perks when LA comes to Chicago. :thumbup:
Awesome :thumbup:

BREAKING NEWS: #Athletics OF Jason Pridie suspended 50 games, violating minor-league drug program. Agent Matt Sosnick not returning calls.
Source: @JohnSheaHey National baseball writer/columnist, San Francisco Chronicle

When is the Soler thing going to be resolved? Just last week Chicago radio said Gammons said it was basically a done deal for the Cubs

Who's tearing it up this spring?

Dee Gordon: Only three of Gordon's 18 hits have gone for extra bases, but we're fine with a .409/.490/.523 batting line for the Dodgers' leadoff hitter. He's also swiped 10 bases while being caught just once and he's walked more (six) than he's struck out (four).

Andrew McCutchen: With a spring average of .363 in 36 at-bats, McCutchen is primed for a big year in his third full season with Pittsburgh.

Jayson Werth: Jayson Werth's home run in Sunday's 12-0 spring training win over the New York Mets was variously described as "monster" and "mammoth." Sadly, the game wasn't televised so we can't judge for ourselves. But fortunately, the Washington Post's Thomas Boswell, the dean of Washington's baseball writers, was able to use his dogged journalistic instincts to track down a precise measurement of Werth's tater.

Boswell's final, best estimate puts the home run distance at 492 feet. We would quibble with the math, but we haven't thought seriously about the Pythagorean Theorem since our sophomore year of high school. Besides, anyone who gets to spend a morning checking the distance of spring training home runs is doing something right with his life.

Adam Dunn and Jesus Montero are also showing they could be primed for bounce back and breakout seasons respectively, and Howie Kendrick looks like he really likes the 2 hole in front of Albert.

Those are some guys on my radar who are having hot springs. So, who else is raking during ST?

Users who are viewing this thread