What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*2014-15 Hot Stove Thread: The Padres won it I guess (3 Viewers)

Rays are gonna run out John Jaso, Steven Souza, Adsrubal Cabrera against right handed pitchers.

Yuck. That is a pretty gross 1-3.

At least in the media, they are very confident. They still have their mega-nerd computer "Uncle Charlie" firing away in the front office.

Tommy - good for you my friend. glad to see Padres doing something exciting.

@JeffPassan: The Padres are taking over the world: Sources say San Diego is working out Yoan Moncada today and plans to be aggressive in bidding for him.
Last June the Padres hit .171 for the month, as a team. The best offensive players last year were Seth Smith and Rene Rivera. Fans here are on life support, and needed a life preserver.

Dave Cameron is the poster child for not being able to see the big picture. I'm having a hard time buying his narrative that the Padres would have been better off waiting on Max Fried, Trea Turner, etc. Guy is brilliant with an excel spreadsheet, but putting together a competitive, entertaining baseball team is a lot bigger than simply maximizing WAR in January.
Update: The life preserver had spikes on it and was on fire.

Rasmus deal with Stros is apparently 1yr/$4M
Updating previous items, free-agent OF Colby Rasmus (Blue Jays) signed a one-year, $8 million deal with the Houston Astros Tuesday, Jan. 20, according to a baseball source. as reported on ESPN and KFFL
Nice deal.
Worth it for the shirtless celebration pics alone. And the dingers, and the beautiful swing that can look so awful also.

Rasmus deal with Stros is apparently 1yr/$4M
Updating previous items, free-agent OF Colby Rasmus (Blue Jays) signed a one-year, $8 million deal with the Houston Astros Tuesday, Jan. 20, according to a baseball source. as reported on ESPN and KFFL
Nice deal.
Worth it for the shirtless celebration pics alone. And the dingers, and the beautiful swing that can look so awful also.
Yes

I can't remember which team TRE told me we were going to be fans of this year instead of the Twins.
Cubs -- they're doing what the Twins want to do.
Why anyone would voluntary opt in to Cubs fandom is beyond me. Some of my best friends, and the most tortured souls I know, have been stricken with this curse. Best of luck.
UPDATE?????1?1?1?1?1?1??1?1?
Oh, it's coming.

@JeffPassan: The Padres are taking over the world: Sources say San Diego is working out Yoan Moncada today and plans to be aggressive in bidding for him.
Last June the Padres hit .171 for the month, as a team. The best offensive players last year were Seth Smith and Rene Rivera. Fans here are on life support, and needed a life preserver.

Dave Cameron is the poster child for not being able to see the big picture. I'm having a hard time buying his narrative that the Padres would have been better off waiting on Max Fried, Trea Turner, etc. Guy is brilliant with an excel spreadsheet, but putting together a competitive, entertaining baseball team is a lot bigger than simply maximizing WAR in January.
Certainly fair, and absolutely a disappointing season, to say the least. That said, attendance was up 265k and I can tell you that there was far more interest locally than in recent years.

I doubt we'll see the "AJ is a rock star" t-shirts like we saw last spring around the stadium, but I'm still on board.

Certainly fair, and absolutely a disappointing season, to say the least. That said, attendance was up 265k and I can tell you that there was far more interest locally than in recent years.

I doubt we'll see the "AJ is a rock star" t-shirts like we saw last spring around the stadium, but I'm still on board.
An extra 3k a game is great, but SD's also further away from being a playoff team than they were a year ago. They were somewhat stuck in neutral a year ago, but their situation was by no means hopeless. :shrug:

An extra 3k a game is great, but SD's also further away from being a playoff team than they were a year ago. They were somewhat stuck in neutral a year ago, but their situation was by no means hopeless. :shrug:
Preller has been fun. May he reign for 100 years.

Preller has been fun. May he reign for 100 years.
It doesn't seem likely that he'll live that long.

NL West is a wasteland right now.

Users who are viewing this thread