What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread** (1 Viewer)

PPR dynasty start 1 RB

Team A gives:

Montee Ball

Michael Floyd

Jeremy Hill

Team B gives:

Trent Richardson

Percy Harvin

Andre Williams

Kelce deal!

12 Team PPR QRRWWTKFF

Team A gives: Blake Bortles, Jason Witten, 2015 2nd (1-3 currently, should be a contender)

Team B gives: Jimmy Garoppolo, Travis Kelce
Good deal. Close but I will take the Witten/Bortles/2nd side.

I like Kelce alot but Witten and a mid 2nd should be enough unless the guy is rebuilding. Bortles > Jimmy G makes it too much even if neither QB ever becomes anything startable

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelce deal!

12 Team PPR QRRWWTKFF

Team A gives: Blake Bortles, Jason Witten, 2015 2nd (1-3 currently, should be a contender)

Good deal. Close but I will take the Witten/Bortles/2nd side.

I like Kelce alot but Witten and a mid 2nd should be enough unless the guy is rebuilding. Bortles > Jimmy G makes it too much even if neither QB ever becomes anything startable
This is not known yet. Unless the guy was hurting for QB this year I don't like it for now or the future. Witten has peaked and has already begun his desent. Kelce, especially with Smith throwing him the ball, is probably a top 3-5 TE right now. I don't think you remove yourself from having an advantage at TE like that.

Kelce deal!

12 Team PPR QRRWWTKFF

Good deal. Close but I will take the Witten/Bortles/2nd side.I like Kelce alot but Witten and a mid 2nd should be enough unless the guy is rebuilding. Bortles > Jimmy G makes it too much even if neither QB ever becomes anything startable
This is not known yet. Unless the guy was hurting for QB this year I don't like it for now or the future. Witten has peaked and has already begun his desent. Kelce, especially with Smith throwing him the ball, is probably a top 3-5 TE right now. I don't think you remove yourself from having an advantage at TE like that.
Yeah, I'm a fan of the "old stud and a pick for the young stud" play.

Bortles is probably better than Jimmy but possibly not by much.

12 Team - PPR - QB/5FLEX

Probably take a beating for this one but I can take it.....

I gave: Calvin Johnson

I received: Sammy Watkins, John Brown
I own Watkins and Brown in one league and would be absolutely thrilled if I got that offer from the Calvin owner. It would take me less than two seconds to hit the accept button. I don't own Calvin in any league, but if this trade is any indication, then I good a good shot at getting him cheap.
I get it. I have owned him since his rookie year and it has worked out. My team is loaded and I will be fine without him. I like what I received but it will be awhile before I know if I made the right decision or sold way too low. As I mentioned in another thread I am tired of watching my favorite team with FF implications. Also the whole league seemed to be treating him like he has one leg in the grave so my options were limited. I love both Sammy and Brown so I am happy. Not everything for me with fantasy football has to do with value charts.......I enjoy making moves and injecting youth into my roster. Unfortunately my whole league seems to be following suit so when you deal a 29 year old you will not receive full value. The league has been active since 2001.....I have 6 championships.

Kelce deal!

12 Team PPR QRRWWTKFF

Good deal. Close but I will take the Witten/Bortles/2nd side.I like Kelce alot but Witten and a mid 2nd should be enough unless the guy is rebuilding. Bortles > Jimmy G makes it too much even if neither QB ever becomes anything startable

Full disclosure: I have made several trades for Kelce in leagues I didn't draft him previous to last week and now feel he is a bit too expensive. I do expect Kelce to be good but with all the good young TE's out there hard to pay that kind of premium because he had a game that prices him into the 1st round talent conversation only 4 games into his career Good TE's are drafted in the 2nd (or later) all the time in non TE premium leagues so I will use a 2nd or 3rd and draft another TE next year. I am not buying Witten dropping off the map as a startable TE either this early in the season.

This one just went down in today in my favorite league. Big-time trade. It's 12 team PPR.

Team A gave:

Gio Bernard

LeSean McCoy

Amari Cooper

Team B gave:

AJ Green

Demarco Murray

Bishop Sankey

AJ is my #1 rated dynasty player, so I like that side a little better, but it's a close trade I think.
AJ is the only guy I'd take in the first round of a startup today--so give me that side.
Who are your other 11?

12 Team - PPR - QB/5FLEX

I own Watkins and Brown in one league and would be absolutely thrilled if I got that offer from the Calvin owner. It would take me less than two seconds to hit the accept button. I don't own Calvin in any league, but if this trade is any indication, then I good a good shot at getting him cheap.
I get it. I have owned him since his rookie year and it has worked out. My team is loaded and I will be fine without him. I like what I received but it will be awhile before I know if I made the right decision or sold way too low. As I mentioned in another thread I am tired of watching my favorite team with FF implications. Also the whole league seemed to be treating him like he has one leg in the grave so my options were limited. I love both Sammy and Brown so I am happy. Not everything for me with fantasy football has to do with value charts.......I enjoy making moves and injecting youth into my roster. Unfortunately my whole league seems to be following suit so when you deal a 29 year old you will not receive full value. The league has been active since 2001.....I have 6 championships.
That explains the disparity in trade value and it would have been nice if you had bothered to give that context in the OP. Normally, I don't take into consideration the possibility that one of the trade partners might be disturbed by owing a player on his favorite team and would consequently sell him at a discount.

Kelce deal!

12 Team PPR QRRWWTKFF

Full disclosure: I have made several trades for Kelce in leagues I didn't draft him previous to last week and now feel he is a bit too expensive. I do expect Kelce to be good but with all the good young TE's out there hard to pay that kind of premium because he had a game that prices him into the 1st round talent conversation only 4 games into his career Good TE's are drafted in the 2nd (or later) all the time in non TE premium leagues so I will use a 2nd or 3rd and draft another TE next year. I am not buying Witten dropping off the map as a startable TE either this early in the season.
Team A's core:

Wilson, Rivers

Charles, Shady, Vereen, Gerhart, Sjax

Demaryius, Alshon, Marshall, Gordon, Lee

Kelce, Paul, Green, Pitta

Team B's core:

Kaep, Bortles, Glennon

Lacy, Hyde, , Donald Brown, Asiata, CJ Anderson, Taliaferro (TS)

Cobb, Decker, Hartline, Hawkins, Sanu, Golden, Kendall

Witten, Rudolph,

12 Team - PPR - QB/5FLEX

That explains the disparity in trade value and it would have been nice if you had bothered to give that context in the OP. Normally, I don't take into consideration the possibility that one of the trade partners might be disturbed by owing a player on his favorite team and would consequently sell him at a discount.
It would have been nice and you should consider all unique factors as a possibility. I think what people consider the "value" of this trade will be closer to "even" as soon as by the end of this season.

12 team PPR

Gave: McKinnon, T.West, K.Wright

Got: Forte, M.Austin
I like what you gave but yeah, that's a good deal for you assuming you're competing this year
Yeah, it's a start at least 1 RB league. Those guys never saw my lineup or anywhere near it. I have Lacy so I can now start both guys. Rest of my lineup includes Dez, AJG, Jeffery and Gronk.

Team A gives:

Fitzgerald and Kelce

Team B gives:

Marshall and T.Wright
Marshall by quite a bit
Maybe a combo of hype and selling low but this is what it will take for TK
This is why it's so important to follow your gut if you like a player. It backfires now and then (Lattimore) but if you expect a player to be excellent before there is hype and you wait on getting him, you'll hate paying more later.

Team A gives:

Fitzgerald and Kelce

Team B gives:

Marshall and T.Wright
Marshall by quite a bit
Maybe a combo of hype and selling low but this is what it will take for TK
This is why it's so important to follow your gut if you like a player. It backfires now and then (Lattimore) but if you expect a player to be excellent before there is hype and you wait on getting him, you'll hate paying more later.
Even more so with players you have as prospects, and owners come with offers that are objectively really good. If you sell too early, you'll kick yourself.

12 team ppr qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex (rb/wr/te)

I traded Vereen, Dwayne Allen and what should be a late 2015 2nd

for

Hyde

12 team ppr qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/te/ 2 flex- rb/wr/te

Team A Gives Michael Floyd/Jeremy Maclin/Justin Forsett/Clay Harbor

Team B Gives Calvin Johnson/Dwayne Bowe/Antone Smith/Andre Roberts

Team A gives:

Fitzgerald and Kelce

Team B gives:

Marshall and T.Wright
Marshall by quite a bit
Team B also has Jeffery so I can understand wanting to move one of the two. I'm not a fan of having two WRs on the same team. Based on both teams rosters I think it's a trade that helped both teams.
I might sell marshall for that in TE premium.

In a regular PPR Marhsall is a better option and I expect Fitz to pick it up some this year and who knows where he is in 2015

Team A gets Doug Martin

Team B gets Lamar Miller and Branden Oliver

Is this selling too low too soon on Martin/over-reacting to Oliver's one big game??

12 Team - PPR - QB/5FLEX

I don't get why people post trades here, then explain all of these irrelevant reasons why they did it.

Most of what you posted here is not a good reason to sell Calvin low, but even if it was, how are we supposed to know it or know how much to value it?

You sold Calvin low. 29 is not old. It's nice that you had some reasons that you sold him low (you're a Lions fan, your league is not high on him at this moment) but that doesn't mean it's not a bad trade. It is.

Team A gets Doug Martin

Is this selling too low too soon on Martin/over-reacting to Oliver's one big game??
I don't think it's an overreaction to what Branden Oliver did, but more of a reasonable reaction to how pedestrian Doug Martin has been in his second and third years.

Anyone getting any offers for Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas or Travis Kelce?

Even better if you're in a 1.5ppr for TE league.
I am undefeated on one of my dyno leagues. 2nd place team offered me a 1st for Kelce. I declined. This is not a TE premium league. Can start up to 3. My other TE is Olsen.

Team A gets Doug Martin

Probably both.

Miller likely takes a backseat when Moreno gets back and Oliver is a role payer when Matthews returns. Martin hasn't looked great but I would still rather have Martin

Team A gets Doug Martin

Probably both.

Miller likely takes a backseat when Moreno gets back and Oliver is a role payer when Matthews returns. Martin hasn't looked great but I would still rather have Martin
In dynasty though both Miller and Oliver could be starters next year.

My only real concern with the trade is leaving value on the table since there's probably someone in the league still high on Martin.

Team A gets Doug Martin

Probably both.

In dynasty though both Miller and Oliver could be starters next year.

My only real concern with the trade is leaving value on the table since there's probably someone in the league still high on Martin.
We've been saying that about Miller for 3 years but you are right in that both could be starters next year. Miller should have been the starter the past 2 years imo. I just find it more likely Martin finds his form before that happens for either of the other guys so maybe I am that guy you were looking to pay a little more for Martin

Team A gets Doug Martin

It's probably a little of both, but truth be told if I owned Martin I'd probably take it. Martin has looked pretty bad and can't shake Bobby Rainey (and Simms will be back soon enough). Oliver was impressive, and is a nice risk/reward type player.

12 team PPR Superflex + TE premium (1.5)

Contender gave:

Dobson

Carr

Rebuilding gave:

Smith Sr

Walker

I'm the contender, and was tired of throwing out WRs/Flex guys that SHOULD be producing (Crabtree, Torrey, Cruz), but weren't. Have a ton of QB depth so won't miss Carr.

Making a run this year.

Gave Sankey / John Brown / Fitz / #1 pick

Received Ingram / Moreno / E. Sanders / #2 pick

Users who are viewing this thread