What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 In-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

Team A trades Tyrod Taylor, Larry Fitzgerald, and Charles Woodson

Team B trades Jeremy Hill, Amari Cooper, and Morgan Burnett

Team B owner stated in the chat that he is only going to play DFS next year and he told the Team A owner that he is not returning next year.

Anything to do here as commissioner of the league?
I have never read one of these and suggested a veto. This is a first, he needs to have a no trade clause being he's making deals like this, trade vetoed, and if he kicks and screams boot his ### with no refund. He literally ruining a league for his, own personal gain.And if he says he's staying he needs to pay next years fee now, much like trading away a 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same owner made four trades in another dynasty league over the weekend.

In one of the trades he gave up Dez Bryant and DeVante Parker for Frank Gore and Eric Decker.

12 team PPR

Gave:

Stills

Donnell

2nd

4th

5th

Get:

Martavis Bryant

Andre Johnson
Even if you were worried that Bryant could be the next bonehead (a/k/a Josh Gordon), why would you give him away for basically nothing? The only valuable dynasty asset on the other side is the second round pick.

Same owner made four trades in another dynasty league over the weekend.

In one of the trades he gave up Dez Bryant and DeVante Parker for Frank Gore and Eric Decker.
Freeze his teams. Him not caring about next year will ruin his leagues, and good luck trying to find some one to take over the messes he leaves behind.

12 team non-PPR, start 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1Flex.

Bishop Sankey

for

Michael Crabtree

Both teams are contenders. Team acquiring Sankey is RB starved.

Thanks for the responses. Been running leagues for 22 years and have never experienced this before. Five lopsided dynasty trades in a span of two days by the same owner.

UFFLCommish said:
Thanks for the responses. Been running leagues for 22 years and have never experienced this before. Five lopsided dynasty trades in a span of two days by the same owner.
It might already be too late, the balance of power may already be shifted in those leagues due to the trades he's made.

Your best bet is to boot him and declare that none of the moves he's made recently were made in good faith. Reverse all five trades and tell the pissed off owners on the other end of those deals that 1. They should be ashamed, and 2. They can pick up trade negotiations with the replacement owner you'll get.

This is your best course of action, and I fear that if you don't take it those leagues will flounder.

Just went down (not involved)

Team A gave: Gurley

Team B gave:late 2016 2nd, mid to late 2017 1st, mid to late 2017 3rd

Wish I had the chance to match or beat that offer

UFFLCommish said:
It might already be too late, the balance of power may already be shifted in those leagues due to the trades he's made.

Your best bet is to boot him and declare that none of the moves he's made recently were made in good faith. Reverse all five trades and tell the pissed off owners on the other end of those deals that 1. They should be ashamed, and 2. They can pick up trade negotiations with the replacement owner you'll get.

This is your best course of action, and I fear that if you don't take it those leagues will flounder.
The people in those leagues (even the "shafted" trade partners) will have to understand that what that guy did was wrong. It would be terrible for the league to allow a guy that has announced he's leaving (even if that was discovered shortly after the fact) to ruin his team and the league because he doesn't care what happens down the road. Guy's a #####, keep his money and boot him.

Do you guys find that owners are knee jerk about players based on one week? It's amazing to me how much a player's value can fluctuate based on a single game.

Do you guys find that owners are knee jerk about players based on one week? It's amazing to me how much a player's value can fluctuate based on a single game.
It's human nature to be reactionary. A good dynasty owner needs to fight those urges. Sometimes you may miss out, but in the long run having some patience works best.

doubletrouble said:
My: Dion Lewis and 2016 1st (I'm 3-0, so from 9-12 range)

for

His: Marshawn Lynch

Starters and league in my signature
Love marshawn but Lewis and the pick by a good ways. Given the age and injury issues id value lynch pretty close to just Lewis or the pick straight up (not both).

Huh? I would rather have Lewis than lynch straight up. I have Lewis and lynch but right now it's take more to get Lewis from me. Lynch is old.

To test my theory of recency value, I offered Donte Moncrief and Lamar Miller to the Odell owner. He refused and said he could get a lot more. I said to him "Moncrief is the same age as Odell and has Luck." He says backs "I like Moncrief but feel I could get a top 5 running back for him."

So I offered him Dion Lewis. He refused.

Which got me to thinking, "what is a top 5 running back anymore?" You have Leveon and Lacy. Then who? Charles? Adrian? I wouldn't take Lacy for Odell. So it would basically have to be Leveon for him. It's so skewed towards wideouts right now it's crazy.

12 Team PPR - Start QRRWWWT

Team A gives: Dion Lewis, Mike Wallace, and Julius Thomas

Team B gives: Lamar Miller and Dorial Green Beckham

16 team ppr, start qrwwtffkd

Team A (rebuilding) gave: CJ Spiller, Darren Sproles

Team B (competing) gave: Christine Michael, 2016 second round pick (late)

Sabertooth said:
To test my theory of recency value, I offered Donte Moncrief and Lamar Miller to the Odell owner. He refused and said he could get a lot more. I said to him "Moncrief is the same age as Odell and has Luck." He says backs "I like Moncrief but feel I could get a top 5 running back for him."

Which got me to thinking, "what is a top 5 running back anymore?" You have Leveon and Lacy. Then who? Charles? Adrian? I wouldn't take Lacy for Odell. So it would basically have to be Leveon for him. It's so skewed towards wideouts right now it's crazy.
I think your logic is a bit flawed. OBJ is clearly a superior talent to Moncrief. Drafted way higher. His team's clear #1 WR. Eli may not be as good as Luck but he has never had a problem feeding his #1 and #2 wrs. We are talking about a three game sample size of Moncrief's work also. Hilton's injury, Allen's injury, Andre's lack of production have all possibly played into padding Moncrief's stats a bit. He is very good, but we don't yet know the extent of how good or how much they will use him. Dorsett will be worked in some more, and I imagine the TEs will get more targets as well. I'm not sure Moncrief will ever have the consistency needed as true WR1.

Pointing out their same age doesn't really add anything to your argument either. If I told the Demaryius owner that Rishard Mathew and Travis Benjamin were younger than him and have more points after week 3, I can guarantee he is not trading me DT even if I offered both for him.

As far as a top 5 RB, I would say Leveon, Charles, Peterson, Forte, Lacy(?) are currently there. Maybe Ingram turns into one? Maybe Hill or Gurley? Maybe the every down back is dying, but either way there are a handful who consistently produce at the top each week and they are very valuable and scarce. It is much easier to find a WR to put up 20 points in a pinch than to find a RB who can. I personally wouldn't move OBJ for any other player than Julio, Leveon or maybe Gronk.

Longtucky Lemmings said:
Team A gives: Brandon Marshall, 4th rd pick

Team B gives: Breshad Perriman

PPR, starts 2-3 WR. Team A has OBJ, Amari Cooper, John Brown
Good deal both ways imo.

Marshall is solid

16 team ppr, start qrwwtffkd

Team A (rebuilding) gave: CJ Spiller, Darren Sproles

Team B (competing) gave: Christine Michael, 2016 second round pick (late)
Somebody likes Michael a little too much or is in too much of a rush...Should be able to do better than that for Spiller/Sproles in PPR

Sabertooth said:

doubletrouble said:
My: Dion Lewis and 2016 1st (I'm 3-0, so from 9-12 range)

for

His: Marshawn Lynch

Starters and league in my signature
I would buy Lynch for that
Sabertooth said:
Huh? I would rather have Lewis than lynch straight up. I have Lewis and lynch but right now it's take more to get Lewis from me. Lynch is old.
Here is your recency bias theory courtesy of your own hand

It will surprise me if Dion Lewis is starting in Dec. for your championship teams a lot more than if Lynch is.

Last edited by a moderator:
14 Team - No PPR

Gave: Alshon, LMurray, Foles, RiMatthews, Rawls, 2 2nd Round Rookie Picks

Got: Lacy, Forte, Brees, Wright, Witten

Users who are viewing this thread