What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 In-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (3 Viewers)

The rare player for player at the same position:

D Thomas

for

Amari Cooper

Team trading away D Thomas had a horrible bye week issue next week with him, Lacy and Forte all on bye.
Hmmm...even though this could viewed as a lateral move, I don't see the logic of moving an elite player in a dynasty league because of bye week issues. And if two of your top three players are already going to be out, subbing Cooper for Thomas is probably not going to be the difference between winning and losing IMO.

Not really a bad trade but owner seems to have more of a redraft rather than a dynasty mentality.
Very competitive 10 team league. Having Cooper next week vs not having D Thomas could mean the difference between winning and losing - and thus between playoffs and no playoffs. Team trading away Cooper (who's on bye this week) also has L Murray on bye - so he gets another option this week as well. The two players have similar fantasy points this season, but Cooper as a rookie has done it with far fewer targets.
You can say about every game for every week. If you make decisions in dynasty leagues based on the results of one week (in which one player rarely makes a difference as Adam Harstad mentioned in a thread awhile back) you probably shouldn't be playing dynasty IMO. It goes to dynasty strategy and you obviously have a different perspective, so we will have to agree to disagree. :hophead:

D Thomas

for

Amari Cooper

Team trading away D Thomas had a horrible bye week issue next week with him, Lacy and Forte all on bye.

D Thomas

for

Amari Cooper

Well I disagree with trading him because of bye week issues.

However I have Cooper in a few leagues and I don't think I would trade him for DT right now. Amari is playing pretty well and is a safer storage of future value
Yeah, FBG's most recent dynasty WR rankings have them ranked very close. And Cooper is ~7 years younger and a QB that can still throw downfield.

14 Team - no PPR

Gave: Forte and RiMatthews

Got: ARobinson and JLandry

Gave: Olsen

Got: LMiller

My core of Bell, Lacy, Miller, ARobinson, JLandry, and Kelce are all young. Have 2 #1 to either add to this group or trade for other pieces.

You can say about every game for every week. If you make decisions in dynasty leagues based on the results of one week (in which one player rarely makes a difference as Adam Harstad mentioned in a thread awhile back) you probably shouldn't be playing dynasty IMO. It goes to dynasty strategy and you obviously have a different perspective, so we will have to agree to disagree. :hophead:
I think the final outcome is perfectly fine. In fact, (shameless plug alert!), this week's dynasty value charts have Cooper at 7th overall and Demaryius at 15th overall. Bob Henry and the FBGs top-200 forward has Demaryius projected as WR6 the rest of the way, while Cooper is WR12 or WR13. It's projected as a difference of 1.5 points per game, but Cooper is six and a half years younger (!!!). Cooper has some "small sample size" risk. Demaryius has some "Brock Osweiler" risk. In the end, though, give me the guy who is productive right now and six and a half (!!!!!!!) years younger.

With that said, I think the process is bizarre. Studs are too important in dynasty for teams to be shuffling them around for something as banal as covering a bye week. Trading Charcandrick West for Theo Riddick is something you do to cover bye weeks. Or cutting Joique Bell and adding Ted Ginn. Trading a future 2nd for Michael Crabtree. But dealing away a franchise cornerstone and established star to try to marginally increase your chances of winning one non-playoff game? I don't get it.

With that said, like I said, I love the final trade regardless of its underlying motivations.

12 team ppr start qb/2rb/3wr/te/flex/k/d

Team A got: Duke + Martin (Sims owner, looking like a playoff team)

Team B got: Team A's 2016 first, Helu, Damien Williams

Another league (same league specs)

Team C got: Melvin Gordon + Woods

Team D got: Lynch + Terrence Williams

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadows said:
8 team

2qb.2rb.3flex.2wr.te.d.k

Keep 7.

Team A

OBJ

Team B

Ajgreen

Murray

Abdullah
I like and own OBJ but the other side pretty easily...at least Murray and Abdullah would be gravy for me

Not involved, 12 team PPRSammy Watkinsfor(2) 2016 2nds and (2) 2017 2nds
Awful. This is why I try to keep consistent dialogues open with owners in my leagues, email chains always talking value and trade possibilities. Just checking in once in a while and spit-balling trade value can assure that you're in the loop if a player like Watkins is for sale, which means he goes for more than this. Its a terrible feeling seeing a deal pop up in your email that you would have tripled if you had known the guy was for sale. This is an extreme example though, terrible deal.

8 team

2qb.2rb.3flex.2wr.te.d.k

7 keeper

Team A

Sammy Watkins

Karlos Williams

Team B

Edelman

It's a tricky format

Only keep max of 7.

Can keep 0 if u want.

Future draft pick trading all year round.

Trick imo is to target game changers in 8 team leagues. While it being a semi dynasty league trying to get that young talent to drive ur team competing year after year.

Awful. This is why I try to keep consistent dialogues open with owners in my leagues, email chains always talking value and trade possibilities. Just checking in once in a while and spit-balling trade value can assure that you're in the loop if a player like Watkins is for sale, which means he goes for more than this. Its a terrible feeling seeing a deal pop up in your email that you would have tripled if you had known the guy was for sale. This is an extreme example though, terrible deal.
I can certainy see the other side for the guy trading away Watkins. He's had injury issues throughout his first 2 seasons. He's playing in a Rex Ryan offense for at least the next 2-3 years. Even if Ryan goes after a top QB in draft or trade, I'm not sure he has the ability to develop him. My last 4 2nd round picks were Alshon Jeffrey, Devante Adams, Allen Robinson & Jay Ajayi. Sure you would have to hit on a few picks, but Watson isn't in a good situation for the immediate future. If he gets traded to Green Bay, then yeah, it's a terrible trade.

12 Team PPR 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/1 K/1 D I'm in last place and already looking to next year...

Gave up:
Andrews, Antonio TEN RB
Adams, Davante GBP WR​​

Got:
Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Fleener, Coby IND TE
Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick (mid to late)
Year 2016 Round 4 Draft Pick (mid to late)

Especially to the best team in the league with Luck, Gurley, Antonio Brown, Beckham, Julio, AJG, and J. Graham. Ugg.

Especially to the best team in the league with Luck, Gurley, Antonio Brown, Beckham, Julio, AJG, and J. Graham. Ugg.
The owner trading Sammy needs to quit this hobby. That's the worst trade I've seen in this thread.

12 team ppr start qb/2rb/3wr/te/flex/k/d

Team A got: Duke + Martin (Sims owner, looking like a playoff team)

Team B got: Team A's 2016 first, Helu, Damien Williams

Another league (same league specs)

Team C got: Melvin Gordon + Woods

Team D got: Lynch + Terrence Williams
Martin

Gordon although I might be conflicted if I was competing. I still expect Lynch to be better this year but the temptation of replacing a top tier RB with a solid young prospect is probably too much

Team A gives: Antonio Andrews/Terrence West and 2016 3rd (late)

Team B gives: Reuben Randle and 2016 2nd (early)

Couple of recent deals in the same league (.5 PPR, 6pt passing TD, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX)

Team A gives Giovani Bernard
Team B gives Kevin White

Team C gives Chris Conley
Team D gives Alfred Morris

Team E gives Peyton Manning and Willie Snead
Team F gives Eli Manning

8 team

2qb.2rb.3flex.2wr.te.d.k

Keep 7.

Team A

OBJ

Team B

Ajgreen

Murray

Abdullah
I like and own OBJ but the other side pretty easily...at least Murray and Abdullah would be gravy for me
I'd need something decent with Green to part with OBJ, but that deal gets it done even if I don't really like either back.

Not involved:

Dez Bryant

for

ADP, Asiata, Hilton

Preseason, gave forte for miller. ?

Week 4, gave cja and hillman for lynch Ajayi

Week 4, gave lynch and Rawls for Ingram and Robinson

Week 6, gave west and Vereen for Gio and Ajayi.

12 team ppr, te 1.5

Q/1-4rb/2-6wr/1-4te

Gave sanders and gio

Got Latavious, 2016 1st, 2016 2nd from a bad team, could be anywhere from 2-5 overall

Leaves my team a bit vulnerable at wr, but this is what the meat of my squad looks like now

Cutty/Carr/Foles

Hill/Miller/Latavious/crowell

Julio/Evans/Wright/stevie/funch/D Smith/K White

Delanie/Barnidge/Fleener/Rodgers

12 Team PPR 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/1 K/1 D I'm in last place and already looking to next year...

Gave up:

Andrews, Antonio TEN RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR​​

Got:

Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR

Fleener, Coby IND TE

Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick (mid to late)

Year 2016 Round 4 Draft Pick (mid to late)
Benjamin

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex TE Premium, 3 year contracts no salary

Gave: Eifert, Rishard Mathews,

Got: Cooper, Ebron, 2017 2nd

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex TE Premium, 3 year contracts no salary

Cooper and Ebron, great job. I wouldn't trade Cooper for 2 Eiferts and I like Eifert.

Haha! Very funny nobody believs your serious. This is dynasty discussion not redraft.
He's not the only one with Dion Lewis in his top 5 dynasty RBs...
This just confirms FBG staff is a joke when it comes to dynasty. Been following them for years and I'm not sure how you guys do it, but you get it wrong more often than right. No disrespect just the truth.Shane Vareen says hi. And he's twice the back the Lewis guy is. But hey Lewis continues to score a TD every game like he's Ben doing he's a great ppr back in a redraft, still going to be TD dependent to be any better than a RBs 2
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: The "TD dependent" Lewis is 6th among all RBs in yards per game.
Update on his ranking this week?

Last week right before the game>

Gave: Lacy and Moncrief

Got: Dez

The funny thing was how it happened. The owner is a Packers fan and I'd made a trade earlier in the week with him

I gave Randall Cobb, got Lacy.

When the trade went off, he texted me that he felt like he got kicked in the gut so I knew he really wanted to have Lacy.

So I made the offer Sunday morning knowing he probably wouldn't take it. But lo and behold he did. He had the top team heading into the year by far. But injuries have absolutely demolished him. So I think I caught him in a week moment.

Know your league mates.

JohnnyU said:
Evil G said:

Cooper and Ebron, great job. I wouldn't trade Cooper for 2 Eiferts and I like Eifert.
yeah complete steal. I like Eifert a bit more than Ebron but it's relatively close between them. Cooper is almost free in this deal. Don't value Rishard Mathews at all.

12 team deep PPR league. 6 per TD 1 per 25 pass/ 1 per 10 rush/rec

Sent

Stafford

Giants DST

Rec

Bills DST

J. Mckinnon

2015 1st. (Projected 7-12 overall)

I have Newton, Luck, Mariota at QB

He had Peyton, Cutler, Vick

5 firsts next year (what are the QB crop looking like?

Did this trade a week or so ago. Not so sure if I'm loving it now.

12 Team PPR

Team A: Martavis, Agholor, Roddy, Rivers

Team B: Keenan, Wheaton, TWilliams, Cutler

12 team deep PPR league. 6 per TD 1 per 25 pass/ 1 per 10 rush/rec

Sent

Stafford

Giants DST

Rec

Bills DST

J. Mckinnon

2015 1st. (Projected 7-12 overall)

I have Newton, Luck, Mariota at QB

He had Peyton, Cutler, Vick

5 firsts next year (what are the QB crop looking like?
Why would you even care about the QB's next year with that group on your roster in a 12-teamer? Can't believe you were able to trade your least valuable QB for a future 1st.

12 team non-PPR dynasty, superflex (2 QB league)

J Stewart

K Mumphrey

Juwan Thompson

2016 2nd (16-18th)

2016 3rd (34-36th)

2016 4th (46-48th)

For

ADP/McKinnon

Josh McCown

QBs next year have several real NFL draft first round picks, but no surefire franchise guys at all.
Yeah, that's why I made a trade. I was thinking of using my late 2nd next year on a QB, figuring to get the 4th or so best one coming out. But after watching them the first 8 weeks of the college season, I don't think the 4th best rookie QB will be that great. So I could use my late first on a QB and get the 1st/2nd best coming out, but I'd rather not. So traded for Bridgewater instead.

QBs next year have several real NFL draft first round picks, but no surefire franchise guys at all.
Yeah, that's why I made a trade. I was thinking of using my late 2nd next year on a QB, figuring to get the 4th or so best one coming out. But after watching them the first 8 weeks of the college season, I don't think the 4th best rookie QB will be that great. So I could use my late first on a QB and get the 1st/2nd best coming out, but I'd rather not. So traded for Bridgewater instead.
Seems like the whole 2016 dynasty draft will be useless nobody is emerging? Tredwell? Elliott? Is it worth aquiring 2016 picks?

Seems like the whole 2016 dynasty draft will be useless nobody is emerging? Tredwell? Elliott? Is it worth aquiring 2016 picks?
For my contending teams, I've given serious thought to dealing my picks for additional tickets to the Leonard Fournette lottery. Not a bad plan if your squad doesn't have any obvious holes you can patch with this year's talent.

If you play IDP, there are some strong prospects due out this year, but that can be addressed with later picks typically.

12 team PPR

Gave: Cooper, Lacy

Got: Bell, K.White

We can start 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE and 2 Flex - my roster:

Stafford, Palmer

Bell, Forte

Dez, AJG, Hopkins, Jeffery, K. White

Gronk

As of now, I can't start both RBs and all 4 WRs at once...so liked getting Bell even if it did cost me Cooper and Lacy

Users who are viewing this thread