What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 In-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

16 team PPR QRRWWTFF

Gave: Lockett/Woods/1st/2nd (mid-late)

Got: Calvin

New startup this spring so not great options selling premium players and the owner got off to a slow start so is punting and rebuilding. (For example the best offer I saw was 2 2nds/Parker for Cooper and DT was traded for Yeldon/1st (late for sure))

I like Lockett tons but even with Alshon hurt and Lynch missing a couple games I ended up going 5-2. I decided to reach out and see if I could add Calvin and see if I could make a push.

Pretty savvy group of owners and he announced he was open to selling over a week ago.

10 team league....QRWWTFF & IDP

Championship contender trades:

Chris Ivory (has Ingram, Foster and Lacy already)

Team on the brink of being out of the playoff race trades:

mid 2016 2nd round pick

likely early (but who knows) 2017 1st round pick

Trade I made yesterday - 12 team PPR - start 1-2-3-1-1-1

Gave - AP, Fitz and second round pick

Got - Julio and Lafell (Lafell was a throw in, I had said throw in whatever scrub to even out the guys)

I should be set at wr for a long time. OBJ, Julio, AJ green, Antonio brown, moncrief, Snead, Lafell

Got - Julio and Lafell (Lafell was a throw in, I had said throw in whatever scrub to even out the guys)

I should be set at wr for a long time. OBJ, Julio, AJ green, Antonio brown, moncrief, Snead, Lafell
Julio side. However, in a start 2 rb league, and shipping AP, im curious who your other RBs are.

mid 2016 2nd round pick

Unless it's a PPR and he's stacked at WR, seems like he just hurt his chances at winning this year quite a bit.

Julio side. However, in a start 2 rb league, and shipping AP, im curious who your other RBs are.
Figured I was Sitting ok with Miller, Martin, lacy, veeren, Crowell.

mid 2016 2nd round pick

Unless it's a PPR and he's stacked at WR, seems like he just hurt his chances at winning this year quite a bit.
So you'd rather have Ivory than a first and a second round rookie pick (in a 10 team league) when you already have Ingram, Foster and Lacy?

mid 2016 2nd round pick

So you'd rather have Ivory than a first and a second round rookie pick (in a 10 team league) when you already have Ingram, Foster and Lacy?
If I'm trying to win this year, yes. Foster obviously isn't helping this year, and Lacy is a giant question mark.

It's funny, I posted almost the same exact deal the other day for Eifert. I think both are about fair in terms of value on paper (it's all going to come down to where that 1st ends up), but in that case the guy who traded away Eifert also had Gronk and only started Eifert once as a flex (non-ppr). I think that one made more sense considering the circumstances, but both are gambles IMO.

mid 2016 2nd round pick

If I'm trying to win this year, yes. Foster obviously isn't helping this year, and Lacy is a giant question mark.

It's funny, I posted almost the same exact deal the other day for Eifert. I think both are about fair in terms of value on paper (it's all going to come down to where that 1st ends up), but in that case the guy who traded away Eifert also had Gronk and only started Eifert once as a flex (non-ppr). I think that one made more sense considering the circumstances, but both are gambles IMO.
I'm so stupid, and am suffering from lack of sleep. Please replace all above "Foster" with "Forte". My bad, I've got a 3 month old at home and haven't slept much lately.

It doesn't change anything about the actual trade, but the background.

12 Team - PPR ( no special scoring for TE ) - not involved.

Team A trades Brandin Cooks

Team B trades Tyler Eifert

I got: Carlos Hyde RB SF
I gave: Alfred Morris RB WAS; 2016 2nd round pick #9 19th overall

I still have 2 higher second round picks via other trades.

Any recent trades involving Eifert? Curious what the going rate is in terms of rookie picks.

I think the one I posted for a mid 2nd in 2016 and an early to mid 1st in 2017 was a little light myself, although it could end up being a top 3 pick.
I got him for Chris Johnson and a 2nd rounder. The other owner has Gates and Kelce as his two starters, he's in the hunt for 1st place and a first round bye. He really needed a rb that could help him this year.

Dynasty league,

Tex

12 Team PPR 20 man roster - Today is our deadline and I just did this ( I'm Team A )

Team A trades Demaryius Thomas/Danny Woodhead/Arian Foster/2016 1st rd pick/2016 2nd rd pick ( picks belong to a current PO contender )

Team B trades Amari Cooper/Devin Smith/Cameron Artis-Payne

My Roster after the trade =

QB - Andrew Luck/Matt Stafford

RB - Demarco Murray/Jeremy Hill/Giovani Bernard/David Johnson/Cam Artis-Payne

WR - Alshon Jeffery/T.Y. Hilton/Amari Cooper/Martavis Bryant/Donte Moncrief/Brandin Cooks/Phillip Dorsett/Devin Smith

TE - Jordan Cameron/Heath Miller/Dewayne Allen

K - Chris Boswell

D - Chiefs

2016 Draft Picks = Two 1st Rd Picks & 3 2nd Rd Picks

mid 2016 2nd round pick

I'm so stupid, and am suffering from lack of sleep. Please replace all above "Foster" with "Forte". My bad, I've got a 3 month old at home and haven't slept much lately.

It doesn't change anything about the actual trade, but the background.
No worries, I've been there lol. Yes, that does make more sense.

12 team PPR

Gave: Charcandrick West

Received: Dorsett

Not competing this year so I figured I'd cash out on West and needed help at WR.

10 team PPR superflex:

Gave: 2016 2nd

Received: Romo

Other QBs are Stafford, Mariota and Foles. Team is finally healthy, trying to make a run.

Two trades in a 12-team .5 PPR league:

Derek Carr and a 2017 2nd (mid? who knows)
for
Philip Rivers and a 2016 3rd (mid-late)

2016 3rd round pick (likely the 3.01
for
Gary Barnidge

Last edited by a moderator:
Zealots Dynasty - all TDs are 6 Points

Gave

Drew Brees

Got

Peyton Manning

Two 2016 2nds (will probably be bottom half of the round)

I'm starting over with my team in that league. It was really good for a long time but has gotten old.

Long Ball Larry said:
any other recent Mariota trades by any chance? Got an interested buyer and I can spare him.
Got the following offer in a 4 pt per passing TD Superflex.

2016 1st (Top 3), 2016 4th and Krapernick for Mariota, 2016 2nd (late) and 2016 3rd (late). I declined.

The guy ended up trading the 2016 1st (Top 3), 2016 4th, Krapernick, and Eddie Royal for J. Winston and Josh Gordon.

The rebuilding team below that traded away Green did a better job in this one imo:

Darren McFadden

For

2 X 2016 2nd round (both mid-round range with a chance to edge a bit either way)

12 team non-PPR, start 1QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE). Not involved

AJ Green

for

Rishard Matthews

2016 1st

2017 1st

Team dealing away Green is starting a rebuild; team acquiring Green is the defending champ, and already has ODB, Calvin Johnson and Allen Robinson at WR.

Andy Dufresne said:
Zealots Dynasty - all TDs are 6 Points

Gave

Drew Brees

Got

Peyton Manning

Two 2016 2nds (will probably be bottom half of the round)

I'm starting over with my team in that league. It was really good for a long time but has gotten old.
Life is just unfair sometimes. :sadbanana:

12 team PPR. Superflex with TE premium. I had Foster go down last week and Bell this week (I have D. Williams). My other RB's are Jeremy Hill, Karlos Williams and not much else. Picks will probably be 8-12. I also think there may be a chance West turns into more than just a Charles fill in going forward (if the Chiefs decide to cut ties due to age and contract). I also had 10 picks going into 2016 (2 1st's, 4 2nd's, 2 3rds and 2 4ths).

I gave Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick; Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick

I received West, Charcandrick KCC RB

Meh, they have the packers and the pats but who else?
Broncos owner who would sell in heartbeat for any 1st, competing or not. Defenses are so random especially in dyno
Yup.

I made a post a few years back that I tried to find, but could not. The essence is that in order for a player to be valuable, he needs to be PRODUCTIVE, PREDICTABLE, and SCARCE. I play in leagues with really high defensive performance scoring, and even then, defenses aren't valuable enough to warrant a 1st round pick. They pass the first test, but fail the next two.

Edit: Found it! https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/683548-discussion-are-top-defs-worth-spending-a-10th-11th-round-pick/?p=15710447
I just wanted to circle back on this controversial trade now that it's had a few weeks to settle. For a refresher.

On October 3rd, I made the following trade:

Gave:

New England Patriots + 2016 1st round pick

Got:

Denver Broncos D.

Since that date, the Patriots have scored (in this league we are talking about, I know defensive scoring varies wildly) as follows BYE, 24, 0, 5, 27. Broncos have scored 12, 30, 24, BYE, 27.

PPG advantage gained (9.25)

My record (all play format) going into the trade was 21-12. Since making the trade I am 39-16. Win percentage has jumped from 64% to 71%. Obviously there is more to it than that. My defensive scoring alone has jumped from 10.3 (St Louis and New England) to 25.4 (St. Louis and Denver). That's worth a first rounder to me all day long.

ETA: I just wanted this to be a bit of an example of outside the box thinking. Not to discuss this trade. Know your league and exploit your rules. If I were to try to trade a 10 PPG running back for a 25 PPG running back, I think it would take a lot more than a first round pick. It's the difference between Devonte Freeman and Shane Vereen or Charles Sims. Nobody is going to accept Shane Vereen plus a 1st for Devonte Freeman, right? So don't be afraid to get your points somewhere else.

mid 2016 2nd round pick

any 1st for Ivory is a deal I think you have to do

Interesting one....10 teamer

Team still very much in it traded Matt Forte

Team pretty much out of it traded DeAngelo Williams and a mid to late 2016 1st round rookie pick

12 Tm - QRWWTFF - PPR (different leagues; same format)

Gave: Gio/Hurns/K.Robinson/4th

Got: Diggs/Hillman/CJ Anderson/2nd (Early)

Gave: Gio/Carr

Got: Mi.Floyd/McFadden/3rd

Both just prior to this last weeks games.

Extremely odd one - 10 team dynasty league.

Team still in the hunt traded a likely mid tier 1st round 2016 rookie pick.

Team already out of it traded their waiver spot the rest of the year. (Malcolm Floyd on waivers and the other team just lost Keenan Allen)

Team already out of it traded their waiver spot the rest of the year. (Malcolm Floyd on waivers and the other team just lost Keenan Allen)
Odd = Bad

What?

Users who are viewing this thread