What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

Just Win Baby said:
12 team PPR

Team A gave up:
Newton, Cam CAR QB

Team B gave up:
Johnson, Charles MIN WR
Steal for Cam... Even if Team A is loaded at QB.

Pimpin Joe said:
12 Team PPR

Gave

Michael Floyd

2016 2nd

Got

Davante Adams
Close, but I'd probably take Adams as having as much or more potential as whoever I get next year. Floyd, I think has plateaued.

Chef Boyardee said:
12 team ppr

Team A gave:

Drew Brees

DeAndre Hopkins

Team B gave:

Russell Wilson

Shane Vereen
Brees/Hopkins on this. I'm not ready to write off Brees as an elite QB yet.

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr 10 team 30 man rosters

Team A got: Brandin Cooks, Jay Cutler, Stedman Bailey

Team B got: 1.10, 2.08, 2016 1st, 2016 3rd, 2017 2nd, 2017 3rd

Team A won the league last year, all his picks that he traded away.

Cooks side

Since it's two-QB, Cooks side. In 1QB I might be tempted by the two picks.

Sounds like the returning champ had very specific needs though and targeted them through trade with his picks. Probably benefits both teams situationally.

Gianluca said:
Just Win Baby said:
12 team PPR

Team A gave up:
Newton, Cam CAR QB

Team B gave up:
Johnson, Charles MIN WR
Cam - Out of curiousity who else did Team A have at QB?
Rivers and Bridgewater.

I'm surprised there wasn't more reaction to this trade. Everyone seems to favor the Cam side, but to me this is really unbalanced, i.e., Cam >>>> Johnson.

I'm surprised there wasn't more reaction to this trade. Everyone seems to favor the Cam side, but to me this is really unbalanced, i.e., Cam >>>> Johnson.
Unanimous preference for the Cam side supports your view. In a vacuum, every responder thinks Cam >> Johnson.

But whether that makes the trade unreasonable depends on too many other factors. In a start 1QB league, with Rivers and Bridgewater in hand, team A is looking at 3 adequate starting QBs, two of which will get him no value week-to-week. With a need at another position like WR, it may be in his interests to overpay. Could he have gotten more than Johnson? If I were him I certainly would have tried. But I've been in some leagues where trades are rare and owners are notoriously tight. Again, too many specifics that impact the "balance" of a trade.

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr 10 team

Traded away: Martavis, 1.08, 3.08, 2016 2nd (last years champion)

Got: 1.03

Already have 1.04, and Antonio Brown, Dez, Evans at WR. Almost 100% sure Gordon will be there at 3 for me, then I'll likely take White at 4.

Already have 1.04, and Antonio Brown, Dez, Evans at WR. Almost 100% sure Gordon will be there at 3 for me, then I'll likely take White at 4.
This one is interesting and I can see both sides. I think I prefer the 1.03 side... But if the other guy is high on a player that may be around at 1.08 then it makes sense. The other picks are a bonus and MB makes up the difference.

Cooper

white

parker

agholar

Gurley

Gordon

Abdullah

Yeldon

There's clearly a tier difference for most drafters, and some people like Perriman, dgb or someone else above a couple guys on this list, but from what I've seen it feels like these are a consensus group of first round, potential stud prospects.

Moving from 1.3 to 1.8 is clearly a drop off, but that's a good haul to do it. Give me Bryant and the picks.

12 Team PPR Dynasty, QRRWWTKD, + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium

Gave: Kelce

Got: Ertz, Dorsett, 2016 2nd, 2016 3rd

12 team PPR (ETA - 6pt passing TD's)

Give: Hopkins, Eli

Get: Luck, R Woods

Last edited by a moderator:

Ertz

12 team PPR

Hopkins

I'd take Martavis+picks in a vacuum, but it's close, and in your situation makes sense.

Ertz/Dorsett.

12 team PPR

Cheap for Luck imo.

12 team, $280 salary cap league, PPR, Full IDP

Team A Gave: Jamal Charles ($75 - 1 total year left), Calvin Johnson ($21 - 3 total years left), and Josh Gordon ($16 - 8 total years left)

Team B Gave: Le'Veon Bell ($9 - 5 total years left), and DeAngelo Williams ($1 - 3 total years left)

Hopkins
I disagree. I like the Luck side here. Luck will be top 3 at QB for the next 12-15 years, outscoring most QB's at a week to week basis. Hopkins, although I do like a lot, seems to be stuck without a QB for the near future and he will have huge peaks/valleys in his scoring from week to week. The Texans will never have a bad enough team to be in position to grab the elite QB at the top of the draft, so they'll be forced to make tough calls drafting QB's at the 15 spot or later. I know good WR's don't need that elite QB, but for now I'm staying clear of Hopkins. There are plenty of other WR's out there to be had and Hopkins isn't a top 10 WR.

12 Teams PPR 20 Man Rosters

Team A trades Mike Davis and 2016 3rd Rd Pick

Team B trades Legarrette Blount and 2016 2nd Rd Pick

Notes Team B has Hyde. Team A has Bell, Hill, Gio, Tevin and David Johnson, Langford at RB.

Had quite a few draft day trades in this league after mine for 1.03. Here they are. It's a weird value wise league so take it with a grain of salt.

Team A traded: 1.09, 2.02

Team B traded: 1.08

*A needed to trade in to get a QB, Winston was gone and only had Carr and Mallett

Then Team B traded: 1.09 and 2.07

Team C traded: Ryan Tannehill

*was announced after 1.04 that Tannehill was available for a 1st and 2nd, got a steal IMO and I didn't have the ammo to get it :(

Team D traded: 2.06

Team B traded: 4.05, 2016 2nd, 2017 4th

*Team D didn't like who was available, simple enough I guess

Team E traded: 2.08

Team B traded: 2016 2nd (last years champion), 3.08

Team B traded: Julian Edelman

Team F traded: 3.07

*Another steal IMO (not sure exactly what B was thinking)

And that sums it up. Go look at the draft in the rookie draft thread.

12 team, $280 salary cap league, PPR, Full IDP

Team A Gave: Jamal Charles ($75 - 1 total year left), Calvin Johnson ($21 - 3 total years left), and Josh Gordon ($16 - 8 total years left)

Team B Gave: Le'Veon Bell ($9 - 5 total years left), and DeAngelo Williams ($1 - 3 total years left)
Salary dump. If I have the cap space jc/calvin/gordon looks pretty goodBell at 9 is ridiculous though.

Both sides win omo

Hopkins
I disagree. I like the Luck side here. Luck will be top 3 at QB for the next 12-15 years, outscoring most QB's at a week to week basis. Hopkins, although I do like a lot, seems to be stuck without a QB for the near future and he will have huge peaks/valleys in his scoring from week to week. The Texans will never have a bad enough team to be in position to grab the elite QB at the top of the draft, so they'll be forced to make tough calls drafting QB's at the 15 spot or later. I know good WR's don't need that elite QB, but for now I'm staying clear of Hopkins. There are plenty of other WR's out there to be had and Hopkins isn't a top 10 WR.
Luck has benefited from a terrible defense and no running game (shootouts). I think both will continue to improve, which will lead to less pass attempts and Indy playing ahead rather than behind. Hopkins QB situation can only get better and now Andre has finally left town. I don't put a ton into QBs because you only have to start 1 and the difference between the absolute best and the 12th best QB is only about 7 points per game depending on league scoring. 11 QBs threw for 4,000 yards and 13 hit 27+ TDs. If they have one clunker in the playoffs (see: Rodgers Week 14 and Luck Week 15 last year), it usually doesn't matter what they did the rest of the season. Give me the young stud WR and I'll play matchups with the QBs all season. But I'm the guy who traded away luck, so that is easy for me to say :D

Edit Don't take this as me bashing Luck. I would make this deal with any QB. Luck is my #1 QB by far in dynasty and my favorite player in the NFL.

12 team PPR (start 1 RB minimum).

Took a risk on Gurley:

Gave: CJ Anderson and Lynch

Got: Gurley and K. Davis (own Charles)

cstu said:

Took a risk on Gurley:

Well, kills you this year obviously, but if Gurley pans out to be what most think, great deal for the long term

Pulled off two in the past two days, same league. Superflex.

Gave

Crowell

Jordan Reed

Michael Crabtree

Got

2016 1st rounder, likely to be top 5 and my guess is #1

Second trade

Gave

Kirk Cousins

Greg Jennings

Got

Michael Sims

Pulled off two in the past two days, same league. Superflex.

Gave

Crowell

Jordan Reed

Michael Crabtree

Got

2016 1st rounder, likely to be top 5 and my guess is #1

Second trade

Gave

Kirk Cousins

Greg Jennings

Got

Michael Sims
2016 1st easily on the first trade.

On the second, I'm going to guess you meant Charles Sims...I'd probably take the gamble on his upside over Cousins as well.

Yeah, Charles. I figure he's 50/50 to beat out Martin. Cousins, I just don't think he's going to hit. Even if he does, he's be my third QB at best behind Tannehill and Ryan.

Team A (total rebuild mode):

Sent Dez

Team B (Win now):

Sent Robinson, Adams, 1st 2016 of a projected mid team.

Thoughts please, TIA

I feel it's a win-win, rebuild team won't benefit at all from having Dez, getting 3 very high upside players for him.
I'm high on both Robinson and Adams. The mid-1st is a crap shoot. But a 26 year old Dez is special. I agree that it could be a win-win, but the risk is definitely on the team rebuilding.

cstu said:

Took a risk on Gurley:

Well, kills you this year obviously, but if Gurley pans out to be what most think, great deal for the long term
I acquired CJA (for AP) and Lynch this offseason so the overall trade was:

Gave: Hilton, Peterson, Stewart, and the 1.10 (Abdullah)

Got: Cooper, Gurley, Knile, and Turbin

Users who are viewing this thread