What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Barack Obama FBG campaign headquarters *** (3 Viewers)

If Hillary wins the nomination, how would you respond to her name on the ballot in one of the countless small states in the country in which Hillary has pretty much written off and almost directly said "you don't matter"?

Lifelong Republican here - very impressed by what I heard in Obama's speech tonight. Aside from the fact that I want him to trounce Clinton, I voted for him in the NJ primary (my first D vote ever) as I actually get the sense that he's far and away the best one running this election.
:goodposting: Obamicans are definitely welcome here.
Do I get a free t-shirt or button?
Im re-ordering T-shirts soon.....PM me your address.

Well it's now clear Obama is in the lead. It will be interesting to see he handles being the frontrunner. Does he let his guard down? Slip up?

She sounded pretty shrill to me tonight, but she usually does when she has to speak loudly to a large crowd. Probably not the best timing for her to be firing her Latino campaign manager. I'd love to see Obama add some high profile Hispanics to his staff.

People always use the phrase "now the gloves come off" but I think now that she's clearly behind it may finally be true. We'll start seeing all kinds of ugliness towards Barack from questions about his drug use to issues with anyone and everyone he's associated with: pastors, donors, lobbyists, whoever.

She will sound combative. Will he sound presidential?

If Hillary wins the nomination, how would you respond to her name on the ballot in one of the countless small states in the country in which Hillary has pretty much written off and almost directly said "you don't matter"?
Hillary doesn't matter to me. I'm an Obama supporter, but I'm not a Democrat. If Hillary wins, I will vote McCain, no question about it.If Hillary wins the nomination, but loses the popular vote to Obama, I will never again waste my time on a Democratic candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:
People always use the phrase "now the gloves come off" but I think now that she's clearly behind it may finally be true. We'll start seeing all kinds of ugliness towards Barack from questions about his drug use to issues with anyone and everyone he's associated with: pastors, donors, lobbyists, whoever.
Here you go:
Clinton Resists Calls to Release Tax Returns, Hits Obama on Ties to Contributors

by Associated Press

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

WASHINGTON — Resisting calls from Barack Obama to release her income tax returns, Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday she would only do so if she secures the Democratic presidential nomination and contended her rival had been less than candid about his relationship with major campaign contributors.

In a televised interview Monday with Politico.com and local television station WJLA, Sen. Clinton said her financial holdings had been disclosed in her Senate ethics filings and that she had liquidated all her assets when she became a presidential candidate so her investments would not present a conflict of interest.

After the former first lady acknowledged she had lent her campaign $5 million in personal funds, Sen. Obama suggested she release her tax records as he has done to give voters a better accounting of where her money comes from.

The Clintons have become wealthy since leaving the White House in 2001, largely through Bill Clinton’s consulting and speaking fees and the couple’s lucrative book deals.

The New York senator shot back at Obama’s suggestion, saying such transparency should apply to other aspects of his life.

“Senator Obama has some questions to answer about his dealings with one of his biggest contributors, Exelon — apparently he cut some deals behind closed doors to prevent them from full disclosure,” Clinton said. “We still don’t have answers about Senator Obama and his dealings with Mr. Rezko.”

Obama has faced questions about his relationship with Chicago businessman Antoin “Tony” Rezko, who raised money for past Obama political campaigns and played a role in the purchase of the Illinois senator’s home. Obama has not been accused of any wrongdoing in connection with felony fraud charges against Rezko.

Clinton and Obama tangled over Rezko at a televised debate in South Carolina, where she referred to Rezko as a “slum landlord.”

Executives and employees of Exelon Corp., a Chicago-based energy giant and nuclear plant operator, have contributed more than $200,000 to Obama’s campaigns since 2004. This month, The New York Times examined whether Obama, at the behest of Exelon lobbyists, had watered down legislation aimed at tightening regulations on the nuclear industry.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton noted that Sen. Clinton had co-sponsored the nuclear regulatory legislation she now criticizes.

“Instead of playing the same Washington games that people are sick of, Senator Clinton should prove how fully vetted she is by finally releasing her tax returns so that voters can see where the millions of dollars she’s dropped into her campaign are coming from,” Burton said.

Clinton gave the interview on the eve of the so-called “Potomac Primary,” in which Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia hold contests. She is expected to lose all three to Obama, adding to her weekend losses to him in contests in Nebraska, Washington state, Louisiana, Maine and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

In the interview, Clinton also was asked whether a “business or personal scandal” involving her husband could emerge and derail her candidacy.

“That’s not going to happen,” she said, adding “None of us can predict the future … I’m very confident that will not happen.

Earlier Monday, the New York senator denied that her campaign is in trouble after the string of losses and her campaign manager’s departure.

“I’m still ahead in the popular vote and in delegates,” Clinton said, though the numbers do not fully support that statement.

An Associated Press tally shows Clinton with a slim lead among delegates — 1,147, compared to 1,124 for Obama. But an initial tabulation of the total popular vote showed Obama likely to pull ahead once the results of states that held caucuses are fully counted.

Speaking to reporters, Clinton said she feels very good about the state of the race, even though she is not expected to win between now and March 4, when voters in Texas and Ohio cast ballots.

“We had a great night on Super Tuesday,” Clinton said, referring to the 22 states that voted Feb. 5. Clinton won eight states to Obama’s 13 but scored in many of the biggest contests including New York, California, Massachusetts and New Jersey. And they divided the delegates almost evenly.

The former first lady said the decision by Patti Solis Doyle to step down as campaign manager was personal and reflected the toll of the long campaign, not a problem with her job performance.

“I have the greatest respect and affection for her,” Clinton said. “I’m grateful for the enormously successful job that she’s done.”

She said Solis Doyle would remain a senior adviser. Maggie Williams, a longtime Clinton confidante and former chief of staff from Clinton’s days as first lady, replaced Solis Doyle.

She noted that the states she won on Super Tuesday were all states Democrats must win to succeed in the general election. Many of the states Obama won that night, such as Alaska and North Dakota, would not be competitive for Democrats next November, she said.

Clinton also dismissed concern that Obama had all the momentum going into the next round of contests. Besides Tuesday’s primaries, he’s favored to win contests next week in Wisconsin and Hawaii.

“Before Super Tuesday you all were reporting on all the momentum. It didn’t turn out to be true,” she said. “Let’s have the elections. Instead of talking about them, pontificating and punditing, let’s let people actually vote.”

Hillary doesn't matter to me. I'm an Obama supporter, but I'm not a Democrat. If Hillary wins, I will vote McCain, no question about it.If Hillary wins the nomination, but loses the popular vote to Obama, I will never again waste my time on a Democratic candidate.
Wanna know what I'd do?

Here you go:
Clinton Resists Calls to Release Tax Returns, Hits Obama on Ties to Contributors

“Senator Obama has some questions to answer about his dealings with one of his biggest contributors, Exelon — apparently he cut some deals behind closed doors to prevent them from full disclosure,” Clinton said. “We still don’t have answers about Senator Obama and his dealings with Mr. Rezko.”

Obama has faced questions about his relationship with Chicago businessman Antoin “Tony” Rezko, who raised money for past Obama political campaigns and played a role in the purchase of the Illinois senator’s home. Obama has not been accused of any wrongdoing in connection with felony fraud charges against Rezko.

Clinton and Obama tangled over Rezko at a televised debate in South Carolina, where she referred to Rezko as a “slum landlord.”

Executives and employees of Exelon Corp., a Chicago-based energy giant and nuclear plant operator, have contributed more than $200,000 to Obama’s campaigns since 2004. This month, The New York Times examined whether Obama, at the behest of Exelon lobbyists, had watered down legislation aimed at tightening regulations on the nuclear industry.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton noted that Sen. Clinton had co-sponsored the nuclear regulatory legislation she now criticizes.

“Instead of playing the same Washington games that people are sick of, Senator Clinton should prove how fully vetted she is by finally releasing her tax returns so that voters can see where the millions of dollars she’s dropped into her campaign are coming from,” Burton said.
The fact that one of the dirtiest fundraisers in recent political history is coming after him about stuff like this is absolutely comical to me.

Great speech tonight. I'd be proud to have him as my president. Does anybody know what the deal is with McCain's left cheek/jowl. Is that a goiter or something.
Just a guess here, someone else can verify, but i would assume it has to do with the YEARS he spent as a POW. Probably broken jaw/torture/undernourishment/etc. :whistle:
You mean the mind control implant? :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup: Ho chi Minh's diabolical 30-year plan to overthrow America is finally coming to fruition. :thumbup:

My problem with Obama is the same thing that other people like about him:he brings new voters into the electorate.

We are constantly told this is a good thing- for decades every announcer on TV and radio have urged new people to vote ("Rock the vote") and everyone seems excited that there's much more people voting in this election.

Not me. I am very interested in politics, but I know that most people don't share that interest. Therefore, I think it can be safely said that the less people that vote in this country, the better off we're doing. It's only in times of crisis and discontent that lots of new people vote. I don't like living in crisis; therefore, this trend disturbs me.

Worse, I have serious doubts that these new energized voters are very well informed on the issues. That means politicians will be urged to seek simplistic solutions to make the masses happy (for instance, pulling the troops out of Iraq and some form of universal health care- both staple positions of Obama's). Usually these simplistic solutions are worse than the problems. That's why I don't like populists in general because they usually end up pandering too much. Obama is a populist.

Does anyone share these concerns?
To be honest, that just sounds like a statement from someone who is afraid of losing their current position of power or authority due to a upswell of ground level enthusiasm and subsequent change.
No, I can't stand Bush. I just don't like populist solutions. I get scared of non-establishment movements, because they're usually not rational. Adolf Hitler rose to power "due to an upswell of ground level enthusiasm and subsequent change", to use your words. I am NOT comparing Obama to Hitler. But I'm disturbed that he has seemingly come from nowhere, with little experience, and is all things to all people.
Not really. Hitler basically took over from the top down. He didn't take over because the people loved him...the people loved him because he took over. So to speak.

Here you go:

The fact that one of the dirtiest fundraisers in recent political history is coming after him about stuff like this is absolutely comical to me.
I loved the part of her speech tonight where she said we need a candidate who can stand up to the special interests in Washington. Curiously she left off the part about bending over once she has stood up.

I loved the part of her speech tonight where she said we need a candidate who can stand up to the special interests in Washington. Curiously she left off the part about bending over once she has stood up.
Do as I say...not do as I do. Isn't that rule #2 or #3 of becoming a "career" politician? :whistle: I keep forgetting though, she's NOT a "career politician"...unless it best serves her at the moment to claim that ton of experience she apparently has during one of her rallies or debates...

Well it's now clear Obama is in the lead.
I'm a huge Obama supporter, but I completely disagree. Hillary has a 17 point lead in OH according to a poll today; she had been polling higher in Penn and TX as well. Also, she has a higher support amongst superdelegates, which could unfortunately turn out to be huge.Obama will likely win WI, which will make things rough on Hillary. However, when OH (where I am) and TX vote, and they carry plenty of delegates, it could easily swing this thing back to Hillary. Polls currently suggest this is possible. After that, Pennsylvania votes.Things will get interesting, but really, with what we know is ahead don't call Obama the leader yet.

I'm a huge Obama supporter, but I completely disagree. Hillary has a 17 point lead in OH according to a poll today; she had been polling higher in Penn and TX as well. Also, she has a higher support amongst superdelegates, which could unfortunately turn out to be huge.Obama will likely win WI, which will make things rough on Hillary. However, when OH (where I am) and TX vote, and they carry plenty of delegates, it could easily swing this thing back to Hillary. Polls currently suggest this is possible. After that, Pennsylvania votes.Things will get interesting, but really, with what we know is ahead don't call Obama the leader yet.
Like it or not O-man is in the lead. It may not hold, but he is now the leader.

I'm a huge Obama supporter, but I completely disagree. Hillary has a 17 point lead in OH according to a poll today; she had been polling higher in Penn and TX as well. Also, she has a higher support amongst superdelegates, which could unfortunately turn out to be huge.Obama will likely win WI, which will make things rough on Hillary. However, when OH (where I am) and TX vote, and they carry plenty of delegates, it could easily swing this thing back to Hillary. Polls currently suggest this is possible. After that, Pennsylvania votes.

Things will get interesting, but really, with what we know is ahead don't call Obama the leader yet.
Wherever he campaigns, he closes the gap pretty quickly.Plus, he's got me volunteering for him, so there's no way he can lose. :) :unsure:

cnn.com today has a poll asking "who do you like best for president" LINK

Granted, it appears you can vote multiple times on the same computer, but go check out the results

While he may be the current leader in delegates, that means very little. I don't think we can say he's the expected candidate to win just yet (which many are claiming here).

Chunky Soup said:
I'm a huge Obama supporter, but I completely disagree. Hillary has a 17 point lead in OH according to a poll today; she had been polling higher in Penn and TX as well. Also, she has a higher support amongst superdelegates, which could unfortunately turn out to be huge.Obama will likely win WI, which will make things rough on Hillary. However, when OH (where I am) and TX vote, and they carry plenty of delegates, it could easily swing this thing back to Hillary. Polls currently suggest this is possible. After that, Pennsylvania votes.

Things will get interesting, but really, with what we know is ahead don't call Obama the leader yet.
Wherever he campaigns, he closes the gap pretty quickly.Plus, he's got me volunteering for him, so there's no way he can lose. :) :unsure:
:( :thumbup: There were rumors of a debate at Cleveland St. or Youngstown St. That would be hot. Either way we should definitely expect some rallies our way. I go to Case Western -- hopefully something will end up being here.
Oh, he'll be heavy throughout the state. He should make a stop in your neck of the woods for sure.Not sure about Youngstown, but he should do a speech there. It's heavily Democratic, but also horrendously racist...I think he can change a lot of minds though. I've been trying with my friends from up there.

While he may be the current leader in delegates, that means very little. I don't think we can say he's the expected candidate to win just yet (which many are claiming here).

:popcorn: With the way things are shaping up, I think Barack would have to get absolutely trounced in Texas and Ohio for her to even keep it close.

I don't think this thing makes it to Pennsylvania. At least I hope it doesn't. And in the unlikely story that is America...there is nothing false about hope.

I like this. If the superdels go with the dels (as they should) this would be so :popcorn: .

I don't know if I did the math right, but by my count she needs 56.3% of the remaining pledged delegates to surpass Obama's pledged delegate lead.

Numbers taken from here: LINK

1,078 remaining delegates * 56.3% = 607 delegates

Clinton 968 + 607 = 1,575

Obama 1,103 + 471 = 1,574

:nerd:

Remaining contests from aforementioned link:

Democrats Abroad 02/12 7

Wisconsin 02/19 74

Hawaii 02/19 20

Texas 03/04 193

Ohio 03/04 141

Rhode Island 03/04 21

Vermont 03/04 15

Wyoming 03/08 12 C

Mississippi 03/10 33

Pennsylvania 04/22 158 C

North Carolina 05/06 115

Indiana 05/06 72

West Virginia 05/13 28

Oregon 05/20 52 C

Kentucky 05/20 51 C

Montana 06/03 16

South Dakota 06/03 15 C

Puerto Rico 06/07 55

I don't know if I did the math right, but by my count she needs 56.3% of the remaining pledged delegates to surpass Obama's pledged delegate lead.

:nerd:
Let's say the next 3 contests (HI, WI, and the overseas) go 55% Obama, 45% Hillary. That's 101 delegates split 56 Obama 45 Hillary:1,078 - 101 = 967 remaining delegates

Clinton 968 + 45 = 1,013 + 562 = 1,575

Obama 1,103 + 56 = 1,159 + 415 = 1,574

562 / 967 = 58.1% of remaining delegates needed for Hillary

As a Republican who's fully BLAH about our candidates now that Fred T. dropped out (I'm not really sure why he ran in the first place), I've been :nerd: watching the Dem nomination process. The more I hear Obama speak the more I think I could be one of the Obamacans this fall. I think I'll take some tax hikes and a real person in the White House over the status quo that is running against him on both sides of the aisle.

This really is fascinating stuff we're seeing.

As a Republican who's fully BLAH about our candidates now that Fred T. dropped out (I'm not really sure why he ran in the first place), I've been :nerd: watching the Dem nomination process. The more I hear Obama speak the more I think I could be one of the Obamacans this fall. I think I'll take some tax hikes and a real person in the White House over the status quo that is running against him on both sides of the aisle.This really is fascinating stuff we're seeing.
A real republican(fiscal conservative) would never support a Dem.

Has anyone figured out anything that Obama has actually done aside from giving speeches filled with platitudes?

As a Republican who's fully BLAH about our candidates now that Fred T. dropped out (I'm not really sure why he ran in the first place), I've been :confused: watching the Dem nomination process. The more I hear Obama speak the more I think I could be one of the Obamacans this fall. I think I'll take some tax hikes and a real person in the White House over the status quo that is running against him on both sides of the aisle.This really is fascinating stuff we're seeing.
A real republican (fiscal conservative) would never support Ronald Reagan either. Oh yeah, he also granted amnesty to all the illegals and cut and run from Beirut. :excited:

As a Republican who's fully BLAH about our candidates now that Fred T. dropped out (I'm not really sure why he ran in the first place), I've been :confused: watching the Dem nomination process. The more I hear Obama speak the more I think I could be one of the Obamacans this fall. I think I'll take some tax hikes and a real person in the White House over the status quo that is running against him on both sides of the aisle.This really is fascinating stuff we're seeing.
Nuh-uh, no you di'int!

McCain taking some shots at Obama tonight: :paraphrase: "i dont seek the presidency due to my view as being the chosen one to rescue our country in its hour of need"
No he runs because he lusts after the office so much he licked the boots of the man that slandered and dishonored him, his wife and his children. What a joke.

Since Obama has been in the Senate only 3 bills that he has either sponsored or co-sponsored have passed, those 3 are as follows. According to Government watch no other bill with his name on it has left a committee.

Passed Senate

Mar 28, 2007

S.Res. 133: A resolution celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson.

Passed Senate

Jul 13, 2007

S.Res. 268: A resolution designating July 12, 2007, as "National Summer Learning Day".

Passed Senate

Jun 26, 2007

S.Con.Res. 25: A concurrent resolution condemning the recent violent actions of the Government of Zimbabwe against peaceful opposition party activists and members of civil society.

Since Obama has been in the Senate only 3 bills that he has either sponsored or co-sponsored have passed, those 3 are as follows. According to Government watch no other bill with his name on it has left a committee.

Passed Senate

Mar 28, 2007

S.Res. 133: A resolution celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson.

Passed Senate

Jul 13, 2007

S.Res. 268: A resolution designating July 12, 2007, as "National Summer Learning Day".

Passed Senate

Jun 26, 2007

S.Con.Res. 25: A concurrent resolution condemning the recent violent actions of the Government of Zimbabwe against peaceful opposition party activists and members of civil society.
First term Senators don't really get much through the chamber. That isn't how it works.

Still though...wasn't Obama in high school when the iraq war started? Lol.

Seriously, most people you ask what has Obama done that he deserves to be President can't name a single thing outside maybe opposing the Iraq war. That's not good enough.

Still though...wasn't Obama in high school when the iraq war started? Lol.

Seriously, most people you ask what has Obama done that he deserves to be President can't name a single thing outside maybe opposing the Iraq war. That's not good enough.
No, he was in college...during Desert Storm.

As a Republican who's fully BLAH about our candidates now that Fred T. dropped out (I'm not really sure why he ran in the first place), I've been :confused: watching the Dem nomination process. The more I hear Obama speak the more I think I could be one of the Obamacans this fall. I think I'll take some tax hikes and a real person in the White House over the status quo that is running against him on both sides of the aisle.

This really is fascinating stuff we're seeing.
I prefer Obamaniacs.

:confused:
Let's say the next 3 contests (HI, WI, and the overseas) go 55% Obama, 45% Hillary. That's 101 delegates split 56 Obama 45 Hillary:1,078 - 101 = 967 remaining delegates

Clinton 968 + 45 = 1,013 + 562 = 1,575

Obama 1,103 + 56 = 1,159 + 415 = 1,574

562 / 967 = 58.1% of remaining delegates needed for Hillary
Best news I've heard all day. To be fair though, it's just after midnight.

Still though...wasn't Obama in high school when the iraq war started? Lol.Seriously, most people you ask what has Obama done that he deserves to be President can't name a single thing outside maybe opposing the Iraq war. That's not good enough.
So don't vote for him.
I don't intend to. I'm voting for McCain..the next commander-in-chief.
I'll take that bet.
Me too. If Obama wins the Democratic primary, he will be the next president. If Hilary somehow pulls it out, McCain will be the next president.

As a Republican who's fully BLAH about our candidates now that Fred T. dropped out (I'm not really sure why he ran in the first place), I've been :shrug: watching the Dem nomination process. The more I hear Obama speak the more I think I could be one of the Obamacans this fall. I think I'll take some tax hikes and a real person in the White House over the status quo that is running against him on both sides of the aisle.This really is fascinating stuff we're seeing.
Obama - Sweet talking socialist.

Obama - Sweet talking socialist.
Hands on hard worker who is incredibly smart, perceptive and grounded. Being an activist and difference maker for his community and neighbors gets him labeled by ________ people.

The labeling never stops. Its okay, we will try and uplift our ________ brothers and sisters.

Exit Polls: Obama wins among older voters in Maryland, Virginia

Posted: 09:50 PM ET

(CNN) – Older voters had been solidly in Hillary Clinton's camp in nearly every primary contest to date.

But according to exit polls out of both Virginia and Maryland, the New York senator lost those voters to Barack Obama in Tuesday’s primaries.

Among voters over 60, Obama beat Clinton by 8 points in Virginia and 4 points in Maryland.

That is a striking reversal from the trend in nearly every state to date — in an average of exit polls on Super Tuesday, Clinton beat Obama among voters 60 and older by roughly 30 points.
:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread