What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

Lot's of value still here. The Cowboys will make a selection at #27.

CBs Kyle Wilson and McCourty, Dez, Odrick and even Bulaga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan Williams seems like the pick to me ... we have a NT that really should be a DE anyway. Him or Dez based on who's left I think top my list.

damn, gave a 3rd to get a 4th in that deal. That's a fairly high price, no?
Depends where they had him rated. If he was a top 10 guy that slid down to this spot then it was a steal. If they had moved up to 10-12 to get him it would have cost a great deal more.

damn, gave a 3rd to get a 4th in that deal. That's a fairly high price, no?
I don't think so Culdeus, I think it's about right. We were in a pickle, Baltimore was going to take him, do you let a guy who they never graded higher in the history of the team pass you up because you're afraid to give up a 3rd to a 4th?I commend them for getting the deal done. I'm skeptical because I'm not a big fan of drafting a WR in the first round but I will say they went after their guy.

Rotoworld likes it atleast.

Dez Bryant-WR- Player Apr. 22 - 10:05 pm etThe Cowboys traded up three spots to select Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant with the No. 24 pick in the first round.Dallas gets the steal of the draft. It seems like Bryant to the Cowboys has been written in cement for two months now, as owner Jerry Jones was haunted by his decision to pass on playmaker Randy Moss back in 1998. While Bryant isn't quite on Moss' level, he does have Michael Irvin-type ability as the most dominant offensive talent in the draft. We're convinced that his character issues were overblown, and we rank him a close second to Ryan Mathews in Dynasty drafts. Roy Williams will likely lose his starting job, and he could be leaving Dallas altogether. Tony Romo's value gets a considerable bump.Related: Roy Williams, Tony Romo, Kevin Ogletree

24 is worth 740

27 is worth 680

90 is worth 140

119 is worth 56

60 points is the "value", we paid 84. It's all good.

Dez is worth more then the 24 point difference.

Does Dez become the #2 behind Miles? If so does this mean Roy or Crayton are expendable? What would the cap implications be? Andy, anybody?

Does Dez become the #2 behind Miles? If so does this mean Roy or Crayton are expendable? What would the cap implications be? Andy, anybody?
Dez becomes #2 behind Austin. Roy gets his walking papers and we save his absurd ~$8-9 mil salary with no cap hit.

Dez becomes #2 behind Austin. Roy gets his walking papers and we save his absurd ~$8-9 mil salary with no cap hit.
Not so fast, not until next year. I don't think Roy goes anywhere. We already paid his bonus, he is going to be a WR3 going against third CB's. IMO-Crayton and Hurd are gone. Bennett with the change in sets is as good as gone too.

Do you think they tried to trade Roy and there was no interest or do you think they reacted to Dez falling farther than expected and basically having to take him with Roy becoming collateral damage?

Roy Williams on the Dez Bryant pick "If all goes well, not trying to talk noise, but if all goes well, we'll have the best wide receiving core in the league. Dez is a big dude, he can play. He will help us win some ballgames."

I'm in the dark here. Can anyone provide some specifics on all this trouble Dez has caused?
Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant's suspension will continue for the rest of the season, including the Cowboys' bowl game, school officials announced Tuesday night via news release. Eligible for the 2010 NFL draft, Bryant might have played his last game for Oklahoma State, although the school has appealed the decision. Bryant was suspended by Oklahoma State Oct. 7 after admittedly lying to NCAA officials about the details of a meeting with former NFL star Deion Sanders. The NCAA informed OSU that the suspension will last a calendar year and keep Bryant out through September 2010. Tuesday's news release said that the school is appealing the decision to the NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee. A response from that body could come as early as next week. Coach Mike Gundy was unavailable for comment Tuesday night, but he told the Tulsa World earlier this week that Bryant was struggling with the situation. It's likely he feel no better after this latest development. "It is (the worst-case scenario for Dez)," Gundy said, according to the newspaper. "I think it's eating him alive. It's difficult for him to be around here. He's having a hard time." Bryant sat out the past four games for the No. 13 Cowboys (6-1, 3-0 Big 12), who play host to No. 3 Texas on Saturday night in a game that will likely determine which team plays for the Big 12 championship. The NCAA said in a news release that Bryant's penalty actually constituted "relief" from even more severe penalties for breaking the agency's rules for ethical conduct and preferential treatment, according to the Associated Press. Bryant could have been forced to miss anywhere from half a season -- or six games -- to being rendered permanently ineligible. The NCAA said mitigating factors presented in Oklahoma State's case resulted in a lighter penalty for Bryant. The decision was based on whether Bryant "actively and deliberately concealed, omitted or provided inaccurate or false information" to the NCAA and whether he had multiple chances to provide accurate information but did not do so. Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on punt returns. This season, Bryant led the team with 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns through OSU's first three games. While Bryant played in OSU's first three games, OSU compliance officials were investigating an apparent meeting he had with former NFL players Sanders and Omar Stoutmire that he later lied about to the NCAA. Bryant sent a letter with his initial application for reinstatement, asking to play again this season and that his "punishment is not so bad that I do not get to play football again at OSU." Bryant has not commented publicly since the university ruled him ineligible because he "failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU." Sanders later identified himself as that player, and Bryant also referred to him in his letter to the NCAA. After his initial suspension, the university released a statement from Bryant saying "I made a mistake by not entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA." Contributing: Associated Press

Routilla said:
Ridgelake said:
Routilla said:
Do you think they tried to trade Roy and there was no interest or do you think they reacted to Dez falling farther than expected and basically having to take him with Roy becoming collateral damage?
Bingo, we have a winner.I have a feeling they rated Dez as a top 10 talent. They HAD to move up for him. WAY too much talent to pass.

I'm in the dark here. Can anyone provide some specifics on all this trouble Dez has caused?
Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant's suspension will continue for the rest of the season, including the Cowboys' bowl game, school officials announced Tuesday night via news release. Eligible for the 2010 NFL draft, Bryant might have played his last game for Oklahoma State, although the school has appealed the decision. Bryant was suspended by Oklahoma State Oct. 7 after admittedly lying to NCAA officials about the details of a meeting with former NFL star Deion Sanders. The NCAA informed OSU that the suspension will last a calendar year and keep Bryant out through September 2010. Tuesday's news release said that the school is appealing the decision to the NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee. A response from that body could come as early as next week. Coach Mike Gundy was unavailable for comment Tuesday night, but he told the Tulsa World earlier this week that Bryant was struggling with the situation. It's likely he feel no better after this latest development. "It is (the worst-case scenario for Dez)," Gundy said, according to the newspaper. "I think it's eating him alive. It's difficult for him to be around here. He's having a hard time." Bryant sat out the past four games for the No. 13 Cowboys (6-1, 3-0 Big 12), who play host to No. 3 Texas on Saturday night in a game that will likely determine which team plays for the Big 12 championship. The NCAA said in a news release that Bryant's penalty actually constituted "relief" from even more severe penalties for breaking the agency's rules for ethical conduct and preferential treatment, according to the Associated Press. Bryant could have been forced to miss anywhere from half a season -- or six games -- to being rendered permanently ineligible. The NCAA said mitigating factors presented in Oklahoma State's case resulted in a lighter penalty for Bryant. The decision was based on whether Bryant "actively and deliberately concealed, omitted or provided inaccurate or false information" to the NCAA and whether he had multiple chances to provide accurate information but did not do so. Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on punt returns. This season, Bryant led the team with 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns through OSU's first three games. While Bryant played in OSU's first three games, OSU compliance officials were investigating an apparent meeting he had with former NFL players Sanders and Omar Stoutmire that he later lied about to the NCAA. Bryant sent a letter with his initial application for reinstatement, asking to play again this season and that his "punishment is not so bad that I do not get to play football again at OSU." Bryant has not commented publicly since the university ruled him ineligible because he "failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU." Sanders later identified himself as that player, and Bryant also referred to him in his letter to the NCAA. After his initial suspension, the university released a statement from Bryant saying "I made a mistake by not entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA." Contributing: Associated Press
I was aware of that. That's IT???

He forgot his shoes on his pro day and quit on the 4th try of running a drill at his pro-day. No history of drugs, drinking, drugs or any problems with the law. Low motivation sometimes.He is gonna be fine.Dude is about on par with Andre Johnson of the Texans...imo.

:bag:Hence why a lot of ppl were saying his 'issues' were overblown. Hard to argue that he wasn't the BPA and a pretty big steal that late. Obviously, I still would have prefered Thomas, but he'd have cost a ton and value-wise, Dallas killed it there, imo.

Routilla said:
Jerry needed good reason to justify moving Roy Williams from his roster position while saving as much face as he possibly could. He just now drafted that reason.Crayton is signed to a very accommodating contract that allows him to continue to produce at the slot position at a very affordable price given his reliablilty and productivity. Crayton and Romo have far more chemistry than RW and Romo could ever hope for. The coaches know this too. Crayton also has far more roster value than RW could ever hope for with his punt return capabilities.Call me a homer, but Crayton is one of the best WR3s in the league. You can't count how many times he's gotten us out of a 3rd and long situation over his career. He gets open and makes plays at the most opportune times. And he can run after the catch. With Roy, you just hope he catches the ball. There's no comparison especially when you consider the contracts.

WR coach Ray Sherman:

I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people .. none of them said a bad thing about him. The only thing bad I heard is his run in with the NCAA. He's never been late for a ball game, as reported. We spent a lot of time with him at our complex and there was no doubt he would be good fit for us.

He has the ability to be an explosive player as a punt returner, kickoff returner and wide out. Im excited about having a kid of this caliber as a person and a player. One thing he does is catch the ball and break tackles. Very shifty for a guy of his size. He hits the homerun. We need to spend a lot of time on studying film and getting him accustomed to what we do so we can get him on the field as soon as possible.

How do you compare him to Moss and TO who you also coached?

I think he has a chnge to be just as good ... if not better.

Hold on. You said better than TO and Moss?

No I said just as good. I think time will tell, but with his work ethic and the way he fits in with all our guys he has a chance to be special. We gotta get him out on hte field and go from there. WE got 5 preseason games so he'll get a lot of work.

We can hope for Allen or Morgan Burnett. But there's a lot of picks to be had before we come back on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread