What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Destiny Thread *** Xbox One & PS4 (if we have to) (1 Viewer)

Playing on PS4. I have a 27 Titan and 27 Hunter (working a warlock up). Got my first VoG experience last night and got to the end boss but couldn't beat him. Lots of fun. If anyone wants to add me I'm playing as K_A_N_I_L on PSN.

I just saw this thread. I play on PS4, and my name is alchemist_brf. If anyone is looking for friends to do vault of glass, or just the weekly raids let me know. We have a group of 10-12, but it always seems we're looking for 1 or 2 when it's time to do VoG.

I tried to get into COD Advanced Warfare and I just don't like all of the exo stuff, so I'm moving back to Destiny.

I'm a 28 Titan on XB1 (GT in my signature) and always on the lookout for folks to team up with for the weekly heroic and nightfall, and I think I'm going to take the plunge and try the raid on normal mode too.

Looking forward to The Dark Below expansion on December 9 too. The trailer looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KfmM-tZS4o

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the pvp but just cant stand the imbalance in weapons. Wish it was even :/

Giant Wooden Badger said:
I like the pvp but just cant stand the imbalance in weapons. Wish it was even :/
Unless you're going into Iron Banner, the weapons are balanced in PVP.
Yes and no. The attack and defense values are balanced, that is it. The stats(range, reload, handling etc) and bonuses for the weapons and armor make a huge difference and are not balanced in multiplayer.

I disagree. I found a big difference between my green Cydonia, my blue Gallahad, and then my yellow Suros Regime in regular Crucible. There's a huge gap in accuracy at range as well as amount of damage per bullet.

Also, interestingly despite being only level 27, I'm not finding I have a significant disadvantage in the Iron Banner with my gear overall and my Suros only 50% upgraded.

I disagree. I found a big difference between my green Cydonia, my blue Gallahad, and then my yellow Suros Regime in regular Crucible. There's a huge gap in accuracy at range as well as amount of damage per bullet.

Also, interestingly despite being only level 27, I'm not finding I have a significant disadvantage in the Iron Banner with my gear overall and my Suros only 50% upgraded.
I roll with a blue fusion rifle with the faster shooting time. Suros sits on my back most of the time.

The only differences in regular PVP are what madshot stated - the individual weapon "perks" and what have you.

The only differences in regular PVP are what madshot stated - the individual weapon "perks" and what have you.
Yes, but the differences that come with the perks is huge. I get more damage per shot and a 33 round clip with the Suros Regime, not to mention deadly accuracy pretty much across the map. All of that comes with only a slight give on the fire rate vs the Cydonia or the Gallahad, and even that disadvantage can be offset by an effective trigger finger. That's extremely unbalanced to me.

Yes, but the differences that come with the perks is huge. I get more damage per shot and a 33 round clip with the Suros Regime, not to mention deadly accuracy pretty much across the map. All of that comes with only a slight give on the fire rate vs the Cydonia or the Gallahad, and even that disadvantage can be offset by an effective trigger finger. That's extremely unbalanced to me.
I won't disagree with that. Most of the gunfights I lose are vs. the SR. If they get first shot off I'm pretty much done.

Hoping someone can help me....fwiw, I am not a gamer. Play a bit of COD with my kids, but I'm just the old guy that other people kill all the time.

My son recently got Destiny. He says it takes too long to level up. Is he not doing something right? Is he correct that it takes a long time to level up in this game. He likes it, but seems to be losing interest because of this level up issue. He usually plays multiplayer in other games, so I assume he's talking multiplayer and not campaign stuff (I'm not even sure you level up in campaign, which shows you how little I know).

Just want to keep his interest in the game since it was a birthday gift from his grandparents.

Thanks,

Finally ran VoG last week and got extremely lucky rolls on the loot table. I'd never played a FPS that had this raid type element so it was a lot of fun. I ended up with:

Hawkmoon

Hardlight

Aethoen's Epilogue

Praedyth's Revenge

Kabr's Forceful Greaves

Hoping someone can help me....fwiw, I am not a gamer. Play a bit of COD with my kids, but I'm just the old guy that other people kill all the time.

My son recently got Destiny. He says it takes too long to level up. Is he not doing something right? Is he correct that it takes a long time to level up in this game. He likes it, but seems to be losing interest because of this level up issue. He usually plays multiplayer in other games, so I assume he's talking multiplayer and not campaign stuff (I'm not even sure you level up in campaign, which shows you how little I know).

Just want to keep his interest in the game since it was a birthday gift from his grandparents.

Thanks,
Your son is right. You level up normally, i.e. via experience, until level 20. After that, you need to grind to get/buy higher end gear and materials to upgrade that gear. This involves activities such as spending hours walking around the map looking for 25 treasure chests that contain an item needed to level up your chest amour.

After level 20 the game is pretty much only only fun playing in multiplayer, which can take two forms: (a) co-operative multiplayer where you perform missions with other players against the computer; or (b) player vs. player multiplayer battles like you get in COD. For (a), the missions can be performed alone, but they are more difficult, not as fun, and not rewarding unless you are doing it at a high difficulty level. For (b), most of your opponents will be playing with weapons that take a long time to obtain and will often require doing a lot of (a) to get, and these weapons will be significantly superior to any weapons you have if you don't do what they did.

Finally ran VoG last week and got extremely lucky rolls on the loot table. I'd never played a FPS that had this raid type element so it was a lot of fun. I ended up with:

Hawkmoon

Hardlight

Aethoen's Epilogue

Praedyth's Revenge

Kabr's Forceful Greaves
nice haul :thumbup:

Hawkmoon

Hardlight

Aethoen's Epilogue

Praedyth's Revenge

Kabr's Forceful Greaves
Love the Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon

Hardlight

Aethoen's Epilogue

Praedyth's Revenge

Kabr's Forceful Greaves
Love the Hawkmoon
That was actually my second hawkmoon... got it enough experience to fully level it (although didn't spend shards) and then destroyed it for shards!

Just had 28 kills in the Crucible. 3.11 k/d. Come get some.
Good stuff!

For those of you who enjoy playing Crucible, I recently obtained the Vanquisher VIII and it is boss in PvP. I think I've been running over a 2 K/D since getting this gun upgraded with the Stability perk. I like it better than the Suros Regime.

New patch will buff a bunch of the exotic weapons though - I wonder how that changes the dynamic going forward. I heard the Bad juju ain't so bad any more.

You have been pumping this gun so much I have to try it. Now I have to level up their rep to get it.

... I'm kind of afraid to switch from the scout rifle and shotty/fusion combo. I don't want to smack myself on how good I could have been playing...

Just had 28 kills in the Crucible. 3.11 k/d. Come get some.
Good stuff!

For those of you who enjoy playing Crucible, I recently obtained the Vanquisher VIII and it is boss in PvP. I think I've been running over a 2 K/D since getting this gun upgraded with the Stability perk. I like it better than the Suros Regime.

New patch will buff a bunch of the exotic weapons though - I wonder how that changes the dynamic going forward. I heard the Bad juju ain't so bad any more.
YAY!

So I made a FBGs and friends clan on Xbox and invited people.

I just logged in for the first time since the patch and they made the weekly and nightfall now dlc only?? Also the lvl 26 strike is dlc only and the only way of getting crypt arch engrams. Sounds like they are removing content and will have a ton of backlash.

I mean, I was getting the DLC anyways but I can see how this would upset people.

Also, you apparently need to complete the 3 new story missions before even unlocking the weeklys.

Not to mention the little bit of solid gear we have is now basically useless in pve with how they just added extra att/def to the old gear that now drops. Basically you have to start over gear wise it seems. I bet they loose a ton of players because of this. All incentive to play is gone because they were lazy and didn't implement a solid system to use the old gear but provide add-ons to upgrade it.

Pay to play I guess, never thought bungie would stoop to that. Hello other neglected games, goodbye destiny.

Not to mention the little bit of solid gear we have is now basically useless in pve with how they just added extra att/def to the old gear that now drops. Basically you have to start over gear wise it seems. I bet they loose a ton of players because of this. All incentive to play is gone because they were lazy and didn't implement a solid system to use the old gear but provide add-ons to upgrade it.

Pay to play I guess, never thought bungie would stoop to that. Hello other neglected games, goodbye destiny.
Wait so they didn't buff existing armor? Just rebooted everything and made the old armor I've spent all this time acquiring and upgrading useless?

Is that true or your suspicion?

Wait so they didn't buff existing armor? Just rebooted everything and made the old armor I've spent all this time acquiring and upgrading useless?

Is that true or your suspicion?
Pretty sure this is true from my quick reading at some of the gaming forums. All that grinding for nothing....just buy the DLC and rank up your vendors to get better gear anyway. This game is starting to sound like a huge money pit as well as being overly time consuming - I picked up the expansion pack but I'm not sure how much beyond that I will play it if this is the case.

Not to mention the little bit of solid gear we have is now basically useless in pve with how they just added extra att/def to the old gear that now drops. Basically you have to start over gear wise it seems. I bet they loose a ton of players because of this. All incentive to play is gone because they were lazy and didn't implement a solid system to use the old gear but provide add-ons to upgrade it.Pay to play I guess, never thought bungie would stoop to that. Hello other neglected games, goodbye destiny.
Wait so they didn't buff existing armor? Just rebooted everything and made the old armor I've spent all this time acquiring and upgrading useless?Is that true or your suspicion?
Pretty sure this is true from my quick reading at some of the gaming forums. All that grinding for nothing....just buy the DLC and rank up your vendors to get better gear anyway. This game is starting to sound like a huge money pit as well as being overly time consuming - I picked up the expansion pack but I'm not sure how much beyond that I will play it if this is the case.
From what I have read, which is a decent amount, they haven't buffed the old gear you have, just the new gear(which is new) and the old gear that can still drop or be bought but at a higher level light, damage, or defense.

Although I may be wrong but they are being really vague about the update even in the patch notes.

Yeah. I'm not pleased with buying this DLC if that's the case.

Just got my first piece of raid gear last night, you're telling me that it's now useless?

Yeah. I'm not pleased with buying this DLC if that's the case.

Just got my first piece of raid gear last night, you're telling me that it's now useless?
Its not useless but I believe that with just a commendation and sufficient vanguard/crucible marks, you can now buy gear from vendors that are just as good if not better. But hey, you had fun playing it right? ;)

I haven't actually played it yet so I'm just going on what I'm reading - apologize if I'm wrong on this.

Apparently the nightfall and weekly are restricted because they are the dlc strike. You would think they would have a backup for non dlc people. So once every 6-7 weeks non dlc won't be able to do the weeklys.

The new Dark Below Crucible hand cannon TFWPKY 1969 is getting rave reviews from hand cannon players and it comes with Return to Sender(meh - 40% chance to add 1 bullet to clip after kill), Field Scout(very nice - clip increase from 10 to 13), and Mulligan(double meh! - 1 in 20 shots missed goes back into ammo). I found one last night and tried it out and instantly went from a 1.3 player to 2.5-3.0 in four different lobbies this afternoon. I went from a 4-6 shot kill to a 3-4 shot kill doing 87 damage per headshot. Then I looked and saw the perks mine has that havent unlocked yet. It has Rangefinder(4% bonus to Range AND 16% bonus to damage fall-off distance), Field Scout, and Feeding Frenzy(120% reload speed after kill). Basically the random mod roll I received will make this gun extremely dangerous at distance while still packing a huge punch up close.

Manback, take a look at the Vanguard sniper LDR-5001. Arc damage with the same damage model as The Supremacy and Icebreaker. Plus it has wallhack(armor piercing aka shoot through wall) rounds.

Not bad!

I finally got myself a Legendary sniper.

FINALLY.

Not awful, I think it came from a Dead Orbit drop.

Broken Truth-LR1

Rolled Outlaw (precision kills increase reload speed) and Performance bonus (Kills grant bonus reserve ammo)

As well as Field Scout as an option (which I will have to use as the sniper only holds 3 rounds)

It's also Solar, which is nice.

Manback, take a look at the Vanguard sniper LDR-5001. Arc damage with the same damage model as The Supremacy and Icebreaker. Plus it has wallhack(armor piercing aka shoot through wall) rounds.
Yeah I was saving for that.

I ended up with Known Horizon which is only rare but hte newer rare ones. It has Arc damage and a smilar model of damage as Icebreaker (I think).

I was doing 16k damage to Atheon each shot with Weapons of light. Not bad IMO.

Yeah I was saving for that.

I ended up with Known Horizon which is only rare but hte newer rare ones. It has Arc damage and a smilar model of damage as Icebreaker (I think).

I was doing 16k damage to Atheon each shot with Weapons of light. Not bad IMO.
I bought an LDR-5001 today with my vanguard points. Will try it out tonite and give my thoughts...although to qualify I have never used another legendary or exotic sniper rifle before.

Madshot - how did you get your TFWPKY 1969? Random drop? I'm very jealous.

So they gifted me a TFWPKY 1969 last night after I ranked up to the next Crucible level - sweet! However, my perks aren't as nice as yours - hip fire bonus, perfect balance/send it (increased range and accuracy), and crowd control (bonus damage after kills). Still better perks than the stock ones you were mentioning though so I can't complain - I imagine crowd control will come in really handy in certain PvE situations.

I played around with it a little bit doing patrols on the moon - this gun is a headshot beast. Love it. Haven't tried it out on PvP yet. You going to be on tonite? Maybe we can run some skirmishes together after work.

Was really only a Crucible guy up until the last couple weeks. Finally started doing some of the weekly raids. I never cared about leveling up weapons with different types of damage. I didn't even know that existed for a long time. Hopefully I can get some leveled up before Christmas when I'll have a few days to play.

Regarding Eris Morn bounties: (Eyes/Heart/Hand of Crota)

--Where is the Terrestial/Lunar/Refinery stuff? Nothing is really in the area

--Do I need to do the Patrol missions or just run around until I find these things?

TIA

Trying to complete the Urn of Sacrifice--Urzok the Hated.

Patrolling Skywatch, a group of us ran into him, started lighting him up, and just as he got down to about 50% health, he disappears. :shrug: He has done this twice. Do I have to start over? No luck running around for a while after that.

ETA: How does one assemble a Fireteam to take down the Venus Raid "Vault of Glass"? Everytime I try, I am the only one out there and that task is impossible solo. It never searches for Guardians before I go to orbit.

TIA

Haven't played video games in 5 years.

Got a PS3 for the kid at Cristmas.

Destiny was bundled.

I have my hunter up to level 4. I just accepted s bounty to perform patrol missions. Where do I find those? Do the story missions require co-op? I'm terrible at this game but getting better. I've read the last few pages and I feel like I'm trying to decipher Greek.

Any good noob advice?

Haven't played video games in 5 years.

Got a PS3 for the kid at Cristmas.

Destiny was bundled.

I have my hunter up to level 4. I just accepted s bounty to perform patrol missions. Where do I find those? Do the story missions require co-op? I'm terrible at this game but getting better. I've read the last few pages and I feel like I'm trying to decipher Greek.

Any good noob advice?
Patrol is green on Earth.

Really enjoying this game. It is a grind at times. But the enjoyment is in playing with your pals and laughing your ### off as you watch each other get owned by bosses and swarming hordes. Really fun game so far and I am not a campaign gamer for the morst part.

Trying to complete the Urn of Sacrifice--Urzok the Hated.

Patrolling Skywatch, a group of us ran into him, started lighting him up, and just as he got down to about 50% health, he disappears. :shrug: He has done this twice. Do I have to start over? No luck running around for a while after that.

ETA: How does one assemble a Fireteam to take down the Venus Raid "Vault of Glass"? Everytime I try, I am the only one out there and that task is impossible solo. It never searches for Guardians before I go to orbit.

TIA
There is no matchmaking for raids or nightfalls/weeklys.

Try www.destinylfg.com

You will find a good group that way.

Urzok is a timed event, his shield is incredibly strong but health not so much, Take his sheild down with Thunderlord or some other heavy arc damage weapon and then go to town. Try and bring a crew too. He always shows up during the public event at Skywatch, you can find out when they are happening by using www.destinypublicevents.com

Regarding Eris Morn bounties: (Eyes/Heart/Hand of Crota)

--Where is the Terrestial/Lunar/Refinery stuff? Nothing is really in the area

--Do I need to do the Patrol missions or just run around until I find these things?

TIA
Patrol, I believe the first two are to the right, past the rocketyard in that building where the Strike on Earth (first one) starts.

The last part is over by the Lunar place, near where the 2nd strike on earth (Omnigul) is, specifically the 2nd part of the strike where you are battling outdoors.

Users who are viewing this thread