What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official *** FBG's Goal Line Blitz Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Hey, if an FBG team could help a friend of mine out he would appreciate it. He must be on a team full of middle schoolers or something because the O Coordinator does not know how to use the HB my friend made. He made more of a speed back but the Coordinator has the rush setting on up the middle. His stats are not that great due to the offensive settings. I will post his attributes below if any of you have interest he would love to be traded to a team that knows what is going on. He is now level 10 and does not have custom equipment so he lacks a few skill points for that reason. He would obviously like to play running back and not special teams or anything like that. Any questions just PM me here or write him over there. Might need a new contract to meet equipment needs but that is about it.He also has a level 12 or 13 OT but he is on a different team.Team name - Austin LonghornsPlayer name - TA Xausted

Strength: 24.47 Blocking: 11.8 Speed: 35.73 Tackling: 9 Agility: 24.97 Throwing: 11.8 Jumping: 11.8 Catching: 19.02 Stamina: 28.64 Carrying: 21.78 Vision: 26.21 Kicking: 9 Confidence: 13.97 Punting: 9Elusive Back Attributes: 2,1,1,1
i would get a hold of Cosjobs they will be set

thecatch said:
Need some advice: I have a lvl 6 LB who i have on a CPU team just to get some experience. I recently got a contract offer for an absurd amount of money relative to other offers I've gotten (Yearly Salary:$76200 ($1905/day); Signing Bonus:$12000; Contract Length:1yr). Problem is, it's for a backup position. Is the extra loot worth not getting as many snaps? Is there anything I could spend the $ on that would be worth the dip in experience?
I had a similar issue with one of my players. I rejected the offer. The money would have been nice, but I am getting good XP on the CPU team. I figure that once the year ends, I will have a decent player and will be able to hookup with a human-owned team and possibly contribute more. With an luck, I will get a signing bonus that offsets at least part of the money I am giving up now.

thecatch said:
Need some advice: I have a lvl 6 LB who i have on a CPU team just to get some experience. I recently got a contract offer for an absurd amount of money relative to other offers I've gotten (Yearly Salary:$76200 ($1905/day); Signing Bonus:$12000; Contract Length:1yr). Problem is, it's for a backup position. Is the extra loot worth not getting as many snaps? Is there anything I could spend the $ on that would be worth the dip in experience?
I had a similar issue with one of my players. I rejected the offer. The money would have been nice, but I am getting good XP on the CPU team. I figure that once the year ends, I will have a decent player and will be able to hookup with a human-owned team and possibly contribute more. With an luck, I will get a signing bonus that offsets at least part of the money I am giving up now.
Similar issue here - I was on one of Duff Man's teams as the 3rd CB, and was getting good $. Also, though, I was getting plenty of snaps. Enough that it barely made a dent in my exp gain. I think the starters were getting 50-60 and I was getting 40-50. No big deal. However, when I got moved to 4th CB, I was only getting ~20 snaps and that really hit my exp. So, If you can be guaranteed to be 1st sub, I say take the cash.

NO PISSING IN THE GLB THREAD!!!!
The Grinnell Pioneers have advanced to 7-0 with a 63-0 win. We've also now achieved a 30 overall rating. My RB, Heath Ledger, has 15 TDs and 848 yds through 7 games... not bad.
just trade me what kind of FFA our you...going to let me rotPlayer Attributes

Physical Attributes Football Skills

Strength: 19.98 Blocking: 12.4

Speed: 61.32 Tackling: 7

Agility: 17.98 Throwing: 12.4

Jumping: 12.4 Catching: 14.4

Stamina: 29.77 Carrying: 26.44

Vision: 21.56 Kicking: 8

Confidence: 16.98 Punting:
Pluto...you are a tool. I have 2 players as fast as you....and your agility sucks <_<

thecatch said:
Similar issue here - I was on one of Duff Man's teams as the 3rd CB, and was getting good $. Also, though, I was getting plenty of snaps. Enough that it barely made a dent in my exp gain. I think the starters were getting 50-60 and I was getting 40-50. No big deal. However, when I got moved to 4th CB, I was only getting ~20 snaps and that really hit my exp. So, If you can be guaranteed to be 1st sub, I say take the cash.
Are you 100% sure the lack of experience gained is from the less snaps? As you level up it is harder and harder to gain experience points regardless of how many snaps you get. Supposedly the changes made by Bort on the energy and experience was suppose to cap out the experience at a lower amount.

Hey, if an FBG team could help a friend of mine out he would appreciate it. He must be on a team full of middle schoolers or something because the O Coordinator does not know how to use the HB my friend made. He made more of a speed back but the Coordinator has the rush setting on up the middle. His stats are not that great due to the offensive settings. I will post his attributes below if any of you have interest he would love to be traded to a team that knows what is going on. He is now level 10 and does not have custom equipment so he lacks a few skill points for that reason. He would obviously like to play running back and not special teams or anything like that. Any questions just PM me here or write him over there. Might need a new contract to meet equipment needs but that is about it.He also has a level 12 or 13 OT but he is on a different team.Team name - Austin LonghornsPlayer name - TA Xausted

Strength: 24.47 Blocking: 11.8 Speed: 35.73 Tackling: 9 Agility: 24.97 Throwing: 11.8 Jumping: 11.8 Catching: 19.02 Stamina: 28.64 Carrying: 21.78 Vision: 26.21 Kicking: 9 Confidence: 13.97 Punting: 9Elusive Back Attributes: 2,1,1,1
i would get a hold of Cosjobs they will be set
Seriously Pluto, you are a tool. Cosjobs has a couple of teams and I play on two of them and he's a good owner. PM and see if he can help out. Don't listen to Pluto, he has a piss poor attitude and needs a timeout.

PS. I held the team I just played to 7.5 yards TOTAL for the entire game. And the team I am playing in two games is allowing 70% more points per game than the one I just spanked. It should be fun....
Update. We allowed -1 total yards tonight. Meaning we have allowed 6.5 yards Total over the last two games. Fun stuff. We have about 4 more games before we face a team capable of beating us...looking forward to an interesting game for a change.

XP per game caps at 40 plays each game. Last season it was 60 so you had to be a starter to get max xp, and owners were having players go both ways just to reach that goal. Now it is supposed to be more about team depth by getting more xp per play with a lower cap.

If you can be the 1st backup at MLB, maybe the 3rd at the outside spots and on special teams you can easily get to 40 snaps a game. Just make sure you have the stamina to stay in the game and end above energy of 70.

When you reach level 8 you can upgrade each piece of equipment +1 to any skill for $2500. When you reach level 16 you can again upgrade your equipment +1 for $12500. At 24 you will again be able to get +1 for I think $50000. You do not need to make the upgrade to the same skill the equipment was for. So you can go +1 strength and +1 speed.

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I figured out how to get your game number so you can "watch" the game in advance by opening up the page before the game starts and reload as plays get simmed.

It seems like the game #s are randomly assigned based on your team or your opponent. Go to your last game # and add one to it, that could be your next game.

If it isn't, go to your opponents last game and add one to it. This could be your next game.

If it isn't (because your opponents last game # was in sequence with his opponent in that game) go to your opponents next last game and add one. Keep repeating this process going back to your opponents last game and adding one until you find your game.

Re-reading that I don't know if it makes sense or not, but it works.
This works.What do you do to watch the game as it's being played? Go to the play by play?

I want to watch it without knowing the score...

I have this:

Today's Milwaukee vs Portland game

Center Tank Tankerson will be a Free Agent on Monday May 19th and would like to be on a FBG team.

Statistics: Level 13

Strength: 44 Blocking: 44.56

Speed: 19.01 Tackling: 12.4

Agility: 19.81 Throwing: 9

Jumping: 7 Catching: 10

Stamina: 27.75 Carrying: 7

Vision: 20.4 Kicking: 9

Confidence: 16.95 Punting: 8

Pass Blocking 32223

Run Blocking: 21212

Center Tank Tankerson will be a Free Agent on Monday May 19th and would like to be on a FBG team.Statistics: Level 13Strength: 44 Blocking: 44.56Speed: 19.01 Tackling: 12.4Agility: 19.81 Throwing: 9Jumping: 7 Catching: 10Stamina: 27.75 Carrying: 7Vision: 20.4 Kicking: 9Confidence: 16.95 Punting: 8Pass Blocking 32223Run Blocking: 21212
Sent a PM. The Warlords would love to make you a part of our family.

Guys it is this simple. My team has only won 1 game. We just lost 100-0!!! They don't adjust well and i'm sick of losing.

My Rb is named Sigmund Bloom.

lvl 13

Player Attributes

Physical Attributes Football Skills

Strength: 24.22 Blocking: 12.4

Speed: 39.97 Tackling: 9

Agility: 29.92 Throwing: 12.4

Jumping: 12.4 Catching: 14.65

Stamina: 31.37 Carrying: 21.12

Vision: 27.24 Kicking: 8

Confidence: 29.31 Punting: 9

Skill tree- elusive RB 3,3,2,1,1

Someone trade for me, I also will renegociate my contract...b/c I am making too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Center Tank Tankerson will be a Free Agent on Monday May 19th and would like to be on a FBG team.Statistics: Level 13Strength: 44 Blocking: 44.56Speed: 19.01 Tackling: 12.4Agility: 19.81 Throwing: 9Jumping: 7 Catching: 10Stamina: 27.75 Carrying: 7Vision: 20.4 Kicking: 9Confidence: 16.95 Punting: 8Pass Blocking 32223Run Blocking: 21212
Good gracious. This Warlords RB would love to have you as a teammate.

Hi all-

My level 16 WR will become a free agent on Tuesday. I'll be in Vegas then, but will be reviewing options then or Wednesday.

I'm looking to be on a great team (preferably in the US) with an active owner and "community". Just giving a heads up right now so keep me in mind if you need a WR.

Paul Pogo

Hi all-

My level 16 WR will become a free agent on Tuesday. I'll be in Vegas then, but will be reviewing options then or Wednesday.

I'm looking to be on a great team (preferably in the US) with an active owner and "community". Just giving a heads up right now so keep me in mind if you need a WR.

Paul Pogo
The Packmentality werewolves would love to have you (see post above yours)! We're in USA AA#2 and we're currently 8-1. It's a FBG owned team and we are very active. Come join us!

Was wondering if I could get a little help... I ended up buried on a CPU team as the other HB accepted an offer right before me. Might I get a pick-up and cut from someone?

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=408701

I'm still trying to figure this game out.
I'll do that for you, offer sent (Mongols)
Accepted, and I've never so looked forward to being cut. Hehe.Thanks!
Happy to be of service!

Hi all-

Paul Pogo
packmentality werewolves would love to have you. check us out.

paulpogo said:
Hi all-

Paul Pogo
nice salary.

I have two players (WR- 12, G - 12) that have their contracts ending in about 10 days. They are currently with the Pregls in EE AA and are starters at both spots.My main option is to stay with the Pregls as it is a great team and well run from top to bottom, but I would like to see what else is out there as far as other FBG owned teams.

WR Francis Lee - Lvl 12 (900/1000xp)Strength: 11 Blocking: 7Speed: 38.65 Tackling: 9Agility: 36 Throwing: 8Jumping: 19.28 Catching: 28.42Stamina: 27.65 Carrying: 15.5Vision: 19.65 Kicking: 10Confidence: 15.5 Punting: 10Possession: 32111Speedster: 32100
G Big Richard Dudley - Lvl 12 (500/1000xp)Strength: 44.35 Blocking: 46.37Speed: 14 Tackling: 12.75Agility: 17.3 Throwing: 7Jumping: 8 Catching: 7Stamina: 25.02 Carrying: 7Vision: 20.71 Kicking: 8Confidence: 24.35 Punting: 8Pass: 31111Run: 41111
WR Francis Lee expires Day 29G Big Richard Dudley expires Day 30

I have two players (WR- 12, G - 12) that have their contracts ending in about 10 days. They are currently with the Pregls in EE AA and are starters at both spots.My main option is to stay with the Pregls as it is a great team and well run from top to bottom, but I would like to see what else is out there as far as other FBG owned teams.

WR Francis Lee - Lvl 12 (900/1000xp)Strength: 11 Blocking: 7Speed: 38.65 Tackling: 9Agility: 36 Throwing: 8Jumping: 19.28 Catching: 28.42Stamina: 27.65 Carrying: 15.5Vision: 19.65 Kicking: 10Confidence: 15.5 Punting: 10Possession: 32111Speedster: 32100
G Big Richard Dudley - Lvl 12 (500/1000xp)Strength: 44.35 Blocking: 46.37Speed: 14 Tackling: 12.75Agility: 17.3 Throwing: 7Jumping: 8 Catching: 7Stamina: 25.02 Carrying: 7Vision: 20.71 Kicking: 8Confidence: 24.35 Punting: 8Pass: 31111Run: 41111
I could never even think of attempting to steal away anyone form the Pregls. I would not try to steal any players away from any FBG team but the Pregls are basically a sister team to the Warlords.

I could never even think of attempting to steal away anyone form the Pregls. I would not try to steal any players away from any FBG team but the Pregls are basically a sister team to the Warlords.
Figured this maybe the case. Like I said, I'm happy with my situation and the team.. just wondering what else is out there. Particularly for my WR... would love to see him on a more passing oriented team.

Users who are viewing this thread