What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official KTCK/1310 AM "The Ticket" Thread ***** (1 Viewer)

They've been wanting to ditch the Ticket from the second they got on there. The signal is atrocious.
I seldom listen to the Ticket anymore. They talk more non-sports related crap than sports news. I don't give a crap about the Golden Globe Awards or Why today doesn't suck. I'll listen to Norm and that's about it. The Hardline just sucks. Corby is one cocky dude that has no reason to be.
I haven't lived in the Dallas area in quite a few years, but I'm pretty sure that it's always been that way.
Used to it wasn't as bad as it is now.

I'd be cocky if I was making $250k a year being a yuck-monkey on afternoon drive.
Is that seriously how much he makes?
Radio salaries are out-of-control. 250K might be a low estimate. Russ Martin makes seven figures for his crappy work.
If that's the case then that's some wasted money. He brings nothing to the station. Rhyner is another pompous one. He rambles about crap that bears no validity. That station has sucked for a few years.

I'd be cocky if I was making $250k a year being a yuck-monkey on afternoon drive.
Radio salaries are out-of-control. 250K might be a low estimate. Russ Martin makes seven figures for his crappy work.
If that's the case then that's some wasted money. He brings nothing to the station. Rhyner is another pompous one. He rambles about crap that bears no validity. That station has sucked for a few years.
noted

noted
I think you have a hard on for the Ticket.

Greg "the Hammer " Williams made half million according to that article where he came "clean." You can assume the "gray wolf" makes that much and since Davidson has essentially replaced Greggo, who knows? Overall, one of those businesses where you make nothing if you are nobody on like 1460 or one thaose stations which have switched between all Beattles, sports , and garage sales endlessly, but once you get even a modest following the salary jumps pretty quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhyner confirmed that he almost left the Ticket for The Fan last week. Guess the mothership owners came up with a dollar figure that talked him into staying.

What does it say about The Ticket (and The Fan for that matter) that Rhyner was even considering making the move, with or without Corby.

Very interesting.

Rhyner confirmed that he almost left the Ticket for The Fan last week. Guess the mothership owners came up with a dollar figure that talked him into staying.

What does it say about The Ticket (and The Fan for that matter) that Rhyner was even considering making the move, with or without Corby.

Very interesting.
Seriously? When did he say this? Why would he say this?

Very interesting.
That would have been a huge example of addition by subtraction. The Hardline is no more and the quicker they put Rhyner (I used it because he's dead) and Corby out to pasture and bring in someone who actually cares the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Very interesting.
Story LinkI think Rhyner sees what a better signal and deeper pockets could bring. The Fan will be doing all of the Ranger weekday games and I'm sure the idea of a 3 hour pregame got his baseball weiner all vibrating and stuff.

The real question is how much of the Hardline fanbase would have gone with him and how much of the Hardline would have gone with him.

Very interesting.
Story LinkI think Rhyner sees what a better signal and deeper pockets could bring. The Fan will be doing all of the Ranger weekday games and I'm sure the idea of a 3 hour pregame got his baseball weiner all vibrating and stuff.

The real question is how much of the Hardline fanbase would have gone with him and how much of the Hardline would have gone with him.
Holy crap. What would have happened to Ben and Skin?

Very interesting.

Holy crap. What would have happened to Ben and Skin?
I'd guess mornings. Which is really where their craft would work better. Jagger has to be just waiting to get cut off. Really I was somewhat shocked they didn't push Russ up to the mornings. Though with the domestic battery stuff who knows. Though one or both tend to do mavs postgames which would make things tough.

My guess is Rhyner is making seven digits now.

Of course his new salary will mean that 1310 will have to reduce it's signal strength to Dallas County only.

I don't listen to the Hardline. When the majority of their segments are non sports related it's really pathetic. I listen to The Fan and ESPN now. The Ticket blows.

Watched the first half of the Fox Sports SW showing of the HOB show. Was booorrrrriiinnggggg. Nothing that we have never heard before.

The only funny thing was how they were introduced. You could see the true pecking order of the staff

Donavan

Dan

Bob

Corby

Norm

Gordo

Junior

Jub

Rhyner

And Corby had to point out to Cogill that Norm was supposed to be introduced before him.

After all the wasted air over the years, the wasted prime time, the nonsense and excuses the days of the Ranch Report with Mickey are finally over. He's going to 105.3 with the Cowboys.

Thank god.

After all the wasted air over the years, the wasted prime time, the nonsense and excuses the days of the Ranch Report with Mickey are finally over. He's going to 105.3 with the Cowboys.Thank god.
He was an absolute beating. He was such a homer he made Jerry Jones look like a Cowboy hater. Let's hope he doesn't try to come back when 105.3 tanks.

After all the wasted air over the years, the wasted prime time, the nonsense and excuses the days of the Ranch Report with Mickey are finally over. He's going to 105.3 with the Cowboys.Thank god.
He was an absolute beating. He was such a homer he made Jerry Jones look like a Cowboy hater. Let's hope he doesn't try to come back when 105.3 tanks.
"have the cowboys ever done anything wrong in your eyes?""what's going on at the ranch, nothing?"

Anybody able to give me a synopsis of the Ticket basketball game? I was able to catch the first couple minutes on the radio before starting a 6 hour defensive driving course. Reception is so bad today I can't pull in the station and a quick Google turned up nothing. TIA

Anybody able to give me a synopsis of the Ticket basketball game? I was able to catch the first couple minutes on the radio before starting a 6 hour defensive driving course. Reception is so bad today I can't pull in the station and a quick Google turned up nothing. TIA
Corby showed up in running shoes and twisted his ankle about 5 minutes in and left.They were tied at the end of the 3Q and then the ticket guys ran out of gas. In a big way. I think some of the guys just plain couldn't play anymore they were so tired. Sounded like the girls really pushed the pace of play. If they weren't so nervous in the first 5 minutes they would have rolled the ticket team by 40.

I'm thinking of dropping 100 bucks on an HD radio for my desk at work just so I can listen to Bob and Dan.

Musers are getting less of my time in the morning, and the Hardline are just commercial filler for Ben and Skin and Tim C.

This station needs a shakeup.

Au revior, The Bone.

Kinda liking the new all Dave Matthews format, but surely it's just a bridge to something else. Maybe they'll bring back The Merge.

Au revior, The Bone.Kinda liking the new all Dave Matthews format, but surely it's just a bridge to something else. Maybe they'll bring back The Merge.
At 5:00am Monday morning, Cumulus Dallas launched a new radio station “FM 93.3 Quality Rock.”FM 93.3 Quality Rock will air a great blend of rock music from adult alternative to Classic Hits and feature great bands like Dave Matthews Band, REM, Coldplay, The Police, U2, Van Morrison and more. FM 93.3 Quality Rock starts each day with “The Regular Guys” morning show and then kicks off the music day at 9am.I am personally inviting you to listen and try our new station and invite friends to do the same.Sincerely,Dan BennettVice President/Market ManagerCumulus Media, Dallas/Fort Worth
Holy crap, they just played Modest Mouse and Kings of Leon back to back. Good music on the radio? In Dallas??? :shock:

Au revior, The Bone.Kinda liking the new all Dave Matthews format, but surely it's just a bridge to something else. Maybe they'll bring back The Merge.
At 5:00am Monday morning, Cumulus Dallas launched a new radio station “FM 93.3 Quality Rock.”FM 93.3 Quality Rock will air a great blend of rock music from adult alternative to Classic Hits and feature great bands like Dave Matthews Band, REM, Coldplay, The Police, U2, Van Morrison and more. FM 93.3 Quality Rock starts each day with “The Regular Guys” morning show and then kicks off the music day at 9am.I am personally inviting you to listen and try our new station and invite friends to do the same.Sincerely,Dan BennettVice President/Market ManagerCumulus Media, Dallas/Fort Worth
Holy crap, they just played Modest Mouse and Kings of Leon back to back. Good music on the radio? In Dallas??? :shock:
"Lone Star" 92.5 started out playing Wilco, My Morning Jacket and other good stuff for a month or so before reverting back to a vanilla classic rock format. I wouldn't count on it lasting.

Holy crap, they just played Modest Mouse and Kings of Leon back to back. Good music on the radio? In Dallas??? :lmao:
"Lone Star" 92.5 started out playing Wilco, My Morning Jacket and other good stuff for a month or so before reverting back to a vanilla classic rock format. I wouldn't count on it lasting.
That was a great month. I'd forgotten about that.

Went to Costco and spent 99 bucks on a HD radio for the office. I can now catch Norm and BAD Radio during the day. Will probably regain my P1 status.

Side note, there are some pretty interesting "HD2" channels on the dial. A station called "The Strip" which plays old Vegas stuff like Frank and the rest of the Rat Pack, an Indie-Verse station which plays some pretty good stuff, a Christian rock station which is actually pretty good. Still have more to check out.

You guys are slow. Greggo is out at ESPN.
Why for?
BREAKING NEWS: Greg Williams Soon to Be Ex-ESPN Radio HostBy Richie Whitt in Radio, TV and that Damned MediaMonday, May. 11 2009 @ 1:00PMDon't have this 100-percent confirmed, but all signs are pointing to Greg Williams being out at 103.3 FM ESPN Radio.Last week I alerted you that Williams sounded incoherent on last Tuesday night's Choppy & Greggo show. He blamed it on a change in anti-depressant medication.But over the weekend, I heard that Greggo met with ESPN head honchos - including the dreaded HR - last Thursday and likely wouldn't be back on the air.I've got calls into ESPN program director Tom Lee and Williams. But while waiting for a response I perused the station's website and discovered a telling change:Williams has already been erased.No Williams blog. No Choppy & Greggo page. Not a single mention of his name.After snorting and lying his way out of wildly successful career at The Ticket, Williams got his second chance with ESPN back in September. But now Williams won't be on the air at ESPN tonight. Or, apparently, ever again.The Hammer's sad saga grows sadder.
Back on the pills? I think he may end up dead. Maybe by his own hand.

You guys are slow. Greggo is out at ESPN.
Why for?
BREAKING NEWS: Greg Williams Soon to Be Ex-ESPN Radio HostBy Richie Whitt in Radio, TV and that Damned MediaMonday, May. 11 2009 @ 1:00PMDon't have this 100-percent confirmed, but all signs are pointing to Greg Williams being out at 103.3 FM ESPN Radio.Last week I alerted you that Williams sounded incoherent on last Tuesday night's Choppy & Greggo show. He blamed it on a change in anti-depressant medication.But over the weekend, I heard that Greggo met with ESPN head honchos - including the dreaded HR - last Thursday and likely wouldn't be back on the air.I've got calls into ESPN program director Tom Lee and Williams. But while waiting for a response I perused the station's website and discovered a telling change:Williams has already been erased.No Williams blog. No Choppy & Greggo page. Not a single mention of his name.After snorting and lying his way out of wildly successful career at The Ticket, Williams got his second chance with ESPN back in September. But now Williams won't be on the air at ESPN tonight. Or, apparently, ever again.The Hammer's sad saga grows sadder.
Back on the pills? I think he may end up dead. Maybe by his own hand.
The guy clearly needs help. Really sad to watch someone throw everything away.

Don't know what to say about Greggo. What a waste of two golden chances.

On a side note, I think I have fallen back in :kicksrock: with The Ticket. With my HD radio in my office I get it crystal clear on 99.5-2. I just realize that some of the worst segements are those drive-time slots. Norm and BaDD are great, and just seem fresh.

You just know it is killing Greggo to not be part of the two Great Games so far. Freakin rock salt in his open wounds.

Don't know what to say about Greggo. What a waste of two golden chances.On a side note, I think I have fallen back in :( with The Ticket. With my HD radio in my office I get it crystal clear on 99.5-2. I just realize that some of the worst segements are those drive-time slots. Norm and BaDD are great, and just seem fresh.
Maybe I'll start listening again. I haven't tuned in regularly since shortly after Corby was elevated from yuk-monkey to co-host. He makes the Hardline unlistenable for me; I like Mike and Danny but once I hear Corby start mewling it's punch-out time. Listening like that I can't really establish any continuity so I drifted away from the Little Ticket. I agree with you BaD radio being the most entertaining show...somewhere in this thread awhile back I was rooting for them and I still do. I could live without Donovan, though. Or, actually, I could live with him if he would tone it down...he tries to inject too much FM fake-energy and volume. He was really good during the period when they were talking about him meeting that 80s TV star (don't remember her name) but mostly when they give him any time he sounds like he has a mild case of Tourette's. And I suppose I'm getting old but before I drifted away I, too, began to appreciate Norm's show. I like the Musers and will listen to a segment or two occasionally in the morning but the show was weakened long ago when they started treating Gordo as a sort of co-host; he just doesn't bring anything but a bag anymore. So...unless something changes I can see myself being a BaD P1 and a Norm P2 but during drivetime I'm elsewhere.

The 5 o'clock hour last Friday on The Hardline felt like vintage old school Ticket. They had 2 couples from "The Lifestyle" to answer all kinds of questions. Missed Greggo being there to ask the more unappropriate questions that did not come out.

Still loving the HD signal at work. Go music for most of the morning for Musers and Norm, depending on the day and what is going on, but then listen to BaD and most of The Hardline. Will spend more time with Norm as the sports landscape sees fit.

The Greg Hill/KScott era is over at the FAN. Now they just have two sports shows all day. KScott has failed just about every which way now which is a shame as I sort of like the guy as a support cast type of guy.

Hardline's ratings are degrading a bit. I doubt enough to draw any notice.

Users who are viewing this thread