What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Won N2 Seattle reserved (1st choice)
Won N1 Seattle reserved (2nd choice)
Won Missoula reserved (3rd choice)
Lost N1 Chicago reserved (4th choice)

Still hoping to get the verified fan tix through Ticketmaster for Chicago. But I did get to both shows at Wrigley last time, so it wouldn't kill me to miss out this time.

Lived in Seattle for five years during the '90s. Pretty excited to be going back for this. Taking my 13-year-old son to N1 Seattle for his first-ever concert.

Won N2 Seattle reserved (1st choice)
Won N1 Seattle reserved (2nd choice)
Won Missoula reserved (3rd choice)
Lost N1 Chicago reserved (4th choice)

Still hoping to get the verified fan tix through Ticketmaster for Chicago. But I did get to both shows at Wrigley last time, so it wouldn't kill me to miss out this time.

Lived in Seattle for five years during the '90s. Pretty excited to be going back for this. Taking my 13-year-old son to N1 Seattle for his first-ever concert.
Very good! My 12 yer old has had an open invite for Wrigley the past 2 yrs. It’s always on his bday. He wants nothing to do with it. That will be a regret later in life. And I’m gonna go this year regardless!

Wrigley 2016 N1 was one of the most fun shows (not just PJ) I’ve ever been to.  I think I may regret not going this year, but I have 2 Seattle shows and then Foo Fighters at the same place Sept. 1.  Chicago was just going to be a little much.  Have fun, guys.

Wrigley 2016 N1 was one of the most fun shows (not just PJ) I’ve ever been to.  I think I may regret not going this year, but I have 2 Seattle shows and then Foo Fighters at the same place Sept. 1.  Chicago was just going to be a little much.  Have fun, guys.
I've got Foo Fighters in St. Paul in October too! :headbang:

In for Wrigley 1....Reserved.
Woot! Bummer on GA, apparently N1 GA was a #####.  I'm guessing you have a solid Member #?

What's everyone really wanting to hear? For me, I'm always after a Release open... Chloe Dancer / Crown would be my biggest WANT. Would love Dirty Frank or Wash.... I know it would never happen, but if Ed broke into a solo "Arc" like his solo tours, I'd lose my ####. 

100% down for a cornhole beer at some point. Driving or Flying in Friday and leaving Tuesday at some point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot! Bummer on GA, apparently N1 GA was a #####.  I'm guessing you have a solid Member #?
I think it's 191xxx.

The person who I thought did your option 1 did not really do that....he stupidly, yet knowingly, put in for N1 GA 1st, and ended up with RES both nights.  I thought I sold him on your option Sunday night.

Another one of my friends scored N1 GA and that was his only choice.  He's always lucky with these draws.  

Which brings me to another point....is this a new policy about resale of tickets?  Only 1 is transferable?  So if he wanted to offer me his extra GA ticket, I could not sell both of my RES tickets for face value to a wanting fan unless I arranged it so that I would scan the one ticket into the venue?

What's everyone really wanting to hear? For me, I'm always after a Release open... Chloe Dancer / Crown would be my biggest WANT. Would love Dirty Frank or Wash.... I know it would never happen, but if Ed broke into a solo "Arc" like his solo tours, I'd lose my ####. 

100% down for a cornhole beer at some point. Driving or Flying in Friday and leaving Tuesday at some point. 
Probably off the limb with my want....I'm going with Rival.  There's some stuff off Lost Dogs I'd love to hear or a full WMA to complete Vs.  Agree that Arc would be amazing.

Time to start planning...

For Seattle, I'm assuming (hoping) I'll hear at some point:

Leaving Here, State of Love and Trust, Chloe Dancer

RITFW as the closer is what I hope for most.  It wasn't until my 4th concert that I saw them close with Yellow Ledbetter, and was highly disappointed after I finally saw it.  RITFW is such a great way to close out the show (though nothing will probably top stage chocked full of guests at PJ20).  I actually left early after RITFW in '14 even though they were still going to play another song.  I didn't want to end on anything else.

I got Id is the only psuedo rarity I always hope for, and have heard it about a third of the time.  Alive is my all time sentimental favorite, though they play it almost every night so I'm usually not disappointed.

Probably off the limb with my want....I'm going with Rival.  There's some stuff off Lost Dogs I'd love to hear or a full WMA to complete Vs.  Agree that Arc would be amazing.

Time to start planning...
I've been lucky over the years and have heard a lot of rarities. Saw the full WMA at the Vs. show in Greenville and that would probably be tops on my list to hear again. Others that come to mind, Oceans, Crown, Bleed for Me, Garden, Alone, Fatal, All or None, Black Red Yellow, Around the Bend, I've Got a Feeling. Best cover they've been doing in recent years is Mother, if only for Mike shredding that solo. Really hope they play that. 

Rival is a great call as well. Semi-regular tune on the 2000 tour and rarely played since. You Are is a trippy one too, especially if they get the lasers and smoke going.

Big fan of the acoustic sets they do sometimes after the first encore break. Footsteps, Sleight of Hand, Off He Goes, Nothingman, The End, Parting Ways, etc. Not sure if that intimate vibe works in a big stadium though.

I know Wrigley is going to be loaded with good stuff no matter what. 

Which brings me to another point....is this a new policy about resale of tickets?  Only 1 is transferable?  So if he wanted to offer me his extra GA ticket, I could not sell both of my RES tickets for face value to a wanting fan unless I arranged it so that I would scan the one ticket into the venue?
To my knowledge this is indeed the case. The goal here was to cut back on multiple 10C account households that were taking multiple shots at GA then scalping off the chaff.  It's a bit restrictive but I think it accomplishes the goal of getting more 10C tickets spread to more actual fans. There was a bit of complaining on the boards, but it was almost exclusively from Husband/Wife teams trying to clean up on tickets and do the above. Your situation is a bit different though. 

I'm curious how they're going to enforce that? Have to show ID as you enter for "Master" ticket? Animate the tickets to fight screen captures (still could do screen recording)? Curious how that will work. 

BTW, Anyone know if Ticketmaster Verified Fan will be Credit Card entry where you must swipe the CC used to buy the tickets to get in? Or if the tickets are printable/transferrable? 

This looks new to me...but the email says tickets are distributed to your smart phone and that will be early-July.  

No more waiting until day of the show.
Yep! 

This is going to be handy for GA folks on Day of show. No more "hey man, can you hold my spot while I go grab my tickets?" song and dance. Not that line folks aren't cool, but it's a hassle to jump in and out of line. 

What's the protocol with having to piss when you're trying to get on the rail and stay there from whenever the doors open through showtime? Will people hold your spot?

What's the protocol with having to piss when you're trying to get on the rail and stay there from whenever the doors open through showtime? Will people hold your spot?
Yeah once the rush has settled, folks will hold spots. Even during the show folks will often hold for ya assuming no dbags around you. It helps a lot if you have a +1 to help enforce, or have gotten tight with the folks to your left right/behind. Keep in mind, most everyone around you is trying to build the same rapport in case they need you to help them out at some point. 

WHen making your way back to your spot, try to take a similar path so folks will recognize you. I'll usually mention "that I'll be coming back through / be right back" when making my way out so folks expect it. ONE time I had a drunk ####### give me a "yeah right" when I said "coming back through". I just went around him rather than make a scene. 

If you're on rail, you've likely spent hours with the people around you. Everyone knows who everyone is at that point. There is a unified "us vs them" mindset of maintaining your spots against encroachment. At least there has been when I've been up there. 

Diaper.

You’ll be good especially if you’re with someone. Just don’t get caught by the opener!

Booked at the Palmer House Fri > Tuesday. Nice spot for a pretty fair price ($650 for 4 nights through Hotwire). 

Stayed there once for business.  Cool building and decent location, but I've had hotel closets bigger than my room there.
Yeah from what I’m reading that’s an issue through much of downtown Chicago. Especially older buildings. That said I plan on playing the “it’s our 15th anniversary, upgrade us” angle.. works a lot. 

Yeah once the rush has settled, folks will hold spots. Even during the show folks will often hold for ya assuming no dbags around you. It helps a lot if you have a +1 to help enforce, or have gotten tight with the folks to your left right/behind. Keep in mind, most everyone around you is trying to build the same rapport in case they need you to help them out at some point. 

WHen making your way back to your spot, try to take a similar path so folks will recognize you. I'll usually mention "that I'll be coming back through / be right back" when making my way out so folks expect it. ONE time I had a drunk ####### give me a "yeah right" when I said "coming back through". I just went around him rather than make a scene. 

If you're on rail, you've likely spent hours with the people around you. Everyone knows who everyone is at that point. There is a unified "us vs them" mindset of maintaining your spots against encroachment. At least there has been when I've been up there. 
I can't even fathom this.  99.9% of the shows I go to, you move, your spot is gone.  If you want to get back, you have to fight your way back.  I've become a master at being pushed/pulled with the tide and using prints across pits to get back near the stage.  Getting back to the rail is damned near impossible, though.

I can't even fathom this.  99.9% of the shows I go to, you move, your spot is gone.  If you want to get back, you have to fight your way back.  I've become a master at being pushed/pulled with the tide and using prints across pits to get back near the stage.  Getting back to the rail is damned near impossible, though.
He's talking about before the show, not during.   

Booked at the Palmer House Fri > Tuesday. Nice spot for a pretty fair price ($650 for 4 nights through Hotwire). 
Been looking today and that's a Hilton property.  I'm a Hilton brand traveler normally for work and pleasure.  That place is $178/night through Hilton Honors and $244/night with a corporate code I use alot to generally LOWER the rate.  

Best deal I found was getting that Doubletree nearby down to $168 that was listed over $200.

Guess I need to look at Hotwire.  Were you only searching the Wrigleyville-Lincoln Park area?  Any other filters?

Been looking today and that's a Hilton property.  I'm a Hilton brand traveler normally for work and pleasure.  That place is $178/night through Hilton Honors and $244/night with a corporate code I use alot to generally LOWER the rate.  

Best deal I found was getting that Doubletree nearby down to $168 that was listed over $200.

Guess I need to look at Hotwire.  Were you only searching the Wrigleyville-Lincoln Park area?  Any other filters?
The kicker is the 4 Stars in millenium Park with indoor pool IIRC. That was the indicator of the Palmer. 

$120ish/night + fees = $650 all in for four nights. ($160 Total) 

Anyone with hotel recomendations for Seattle?  The PJ website has a couple of "special" deals for about $400 a night.  I'd love to be in that area, but would like to make a few days of it, and that blows the budget a bit.

Bull Dozier said:
Anyone with hotel recomendations for Seattle?  The PJ website has a couple of "special" deals for about $400 a night.  I'd love to be in that area, but would like to make a few days of it, and that blows the budget a bit.
I just took a quick look for a friend.   I'd go Air B&B.   Try West Seattle or Queen Anne.  You won't be walking distance but it's an easy Uber/Lyft/Cab.

If you want a hotel in Seattle, try the Mediterranean, Maxwell or Hotel Max.   They usually have the cheapest prices for decent hotels in good locations.   When I stay in Seattle for a weekend, I normally do one of the starwood hotels but I looked and they are all $400+ a night. 

If you really want to save money, get a hotel in Bremerton and walk on to the ferry.   It drops you off just a couple blocks from Safeco field.   

AIrfare isn't too bad from Memphis.

Southwest "Gotta Get Away" nonstops are $220 roundtrip with all taxes included. I'll take it. Arriving Fri PM at 8ish and taking off Tuesday afternoon. 

A friend and I got tickets to both Seattle shows through Ten Club. However, I also got an email just now from Ticketmaster Verified Fan that I've been selected to participate in the presale tomorrow. I have friends in the Seattle area who want to go but weren't in the Ten Club presale. I looked through the FAQs on Ticketmaster to see if there are restrictions that say the person who purchases the tickets must attend the show, but I couldn't find an answer. Anyone know if there are any restrictions on buying a pair of tickets for my friends to go?

A friend and I got tickets to both Seattle shows through Ten Club. However, I also got an email just now from Ticketmaster Verified Fan that I've been selected to participate in the presale tomorrow. I have friends in the Seattle area who want to go but weren't in the Ten Club presale. I looked through the FAQs on Ticketmaster to see if there are restrictions that say the person who purchases the tickets must attend the show, but I couldn't find an answer. Anyone know if there are any restrictions on buying a pair of tickets for my friends to go?
I don’t know. But I have a hard time believing if you all go in together that it will matter which tickets belong to who. That goes for 2 tickets being on one persons phone too. They are just ticket scanning workers, not 10C employees holding up the lines to get in because they are checking names on tickets and IDs. 

Annnnnd I’ve won the fan verification tickets too

Passed them along to my Sister and her husband, but part of me wanted to turn a profit with them 

Better karma this way I think 

I totally screwed up the fan verification. I somehow missed that you needed to sign up for each city. I apparently only signed up for Seattle, which I already won 10C tickets for. I did win the Seattle Ticketmaster drawing too but don't need any more for there. Was hoping to get two more for Missoula and possibly Saturday night in Chicago.

Anyone win a code that they're not going to use and would be be willing to let me use for Missoula?

I totally screwed up the fan verification. I somehow missed that you needed to sign up for each city. I apparently only signed up for Seattle, which I already won 10C tickets for. I did win the Seattle Ticketmaster drawing too but don't need any more for there. Was hoping to get two more for Missoula and possibly Saturday night in Chicago.

Anyone win a code that they're not going to use and would be be willing to let me use for Missoula?
I believe the Verified Fan codes are non-transferable. When you get a code, you have to use it from the Ticketmaster account that the code was sent to.

I believe the Verified Fan codes are non-transferable. When you get a code, you have to use it from the Ticketmaster account that the code was sent to.
Got it. So I guess someone would have to buy the tickets and then transfer them to me through Ticketmaster's verified fan system.

I somehow got a Ticketmaster fan verification code for Missoula and got in and got the other pair I was hoping for. Never got an email saying I had been selected for Missoula, but got a text just now with the link and the code. It said there were no available tickets, but on about the 20th try, a pair popped up.

I somehow got a Ticketmaster fan verification code for Missoula and got in and got the other pair I was hoping for. Never got an email saying I had been selected for Missoula, but got a text just now with the link and the code. It said there were no available tickets, but on about the 20th try, a pair popped up.
Oddly, my friend, who had signed up for Seattle Verified Fan, also got a text with a code for Missoula about a half hour ago, even though he never signed up for Missoula. We both got emails last night that we were selected for Seattle Verified Fan, but neither of us has gotten a code texted to us. The presale I was selected for starts in 20 minutes, and his starts in 50 minutes. 

Not true

gave my code to my sister and BIL

they came away with 4 tix to Wrigley N1

Thanks, ticketmaster.  They sent my verified fan code to me an hour after the presale started.   Kept trying to buy the dregs that were left, and each time it said they were sold and gave me another two seats to try to buy....did that for 25 minutes and it sold out.

I had previously received an e-mail stating I was on the waitlist for the TM verified presale. Received a text this AM saying I now had a code. Scored 2 not-so-awesome seats to Wrigley N2 - but we'll be in the building.

Users who are viewing this thread