What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

According to the 10C: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------there are currently a handful of people (less than 5) each currently holding a pair in the cart but NOT purchasing them,...10C is just waiting for them to clear.

Hey, I don't travel very much, maybe someone here know...

If I show up to the airport early for a flight to Chicago, can I fly standby with my ticket for a later flight?

Hey, I don't travel very much, maybe someone here know...If I show up to the airport early for a flight to Chicago, can I fly standby with my ticket for a later flight?
Which airline?
American
Yes. From their website...You can now get a confirmed seat for same-day flight changes for domestic travel† on all fares for a $25 fee*. Passengers can call Reservations or handle the transaction at the airport ticket counter or Self-Service Check-In machines. If eligible seats are available within 12 hours of departure of alternate flights for your same itinerary, your flight change can be confirmed. Also, American continues to offer the same-day option of standing by for an earlier or later domestic flight for eligible fares at no charge.The asterisks, crosses, etc basically just say pending availability. ETA: When Tiger Fan bails on you, please remember this service I have performed. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI....

I logged out, and then back in, and the TShirt that was in my cart cleared. Those people have their session open still...not sure if that times out.

Hey, I don't travel very much, maybe someone here know...If I show up to the airport early for a flight to Chicago, can I fly standby with my ticket for a later flight?
You mean an earlier flight?
Yeah, leave earlier in the day than I am scheduled for
I'd say yes. But I don't know for sure with American, Bob's post makes me hesitant. Give them a ring to know for sure.
I will, thanks...

Which airline?
American
Yes. From their website...You can now get a confirmed seat for same-day flight changes for domestic travel† on all fares for a $25 fee*. Passengers can call Reservations or handle the transaction at the airport ticket counter or Self-Service Check-In machines. If eligible seats are available within 12 hours of departure of alternate flights for your same itinerary, your flight change can be confirmed. Also, American continues to offer the same-day option of standing by for an earlier or later domestic flight for eligible fares at no charge.The asterisks, crosses, etc basically just say pending availability. ETA: When Tiger Fan bails on you, please remember this service I have performed. :bag:
:mellow:Thanks Bob...

Hey, I don't travel very much, maybe someone here know...

If I show up to the airport early for a flight to Chicago, can I fly standby with my ticket for a later flight?
Which airline?
American
Yes. From their website...You can now get a confirmed seat for same-day flight changes for domestic travel† on all fares for a $25 fee*. Passengers can call Reservations or handle the transaction at the airport ticket counter or Self-Service Check-In machines. If eligible seats are available within 12 hours of departure of alternate flights for your same itinerary, your flight change can be confirmed. Also, American continues to offer the same-day option of standing by for an earlier or later domestic flight for eligible fares at no charge.

The asterisks, crosses, etc basically just say pending availability.

ETA: When Tiger Fan bails on you, please remember this service I have performed. :lmao:
:thumbup:

This is the list of who I think is going:

Green94

Sonny Lubbick Bobblehead Doll (might be headed up there w/o tix)

Tremendous Upside

Tiger Fan

Saintfool

If everyone would pm me email address/cell phone I’ll try to set a meetup prior to the show. IIRC, doors open @ 7:00.

Anyone here in the FBG PJ family who still doesn't have the gorge set?I ended up with two and would rather a fan get it...First post that wants it gets it...Maybe brighten someone's day just a bit even if they didn't score tix...
I didn't get it yet. Is it good?
I love it...All 3 shows are awesome, sound quality is top notch, packaging is pretty cool...Defintely worth it, IMO...

This is the list of who I think is going:Green94Sonny Lubbick Bobblehead Doll (might be headed up there w/o tix)Tremendous UpsideTiger FanSaintfoolIf everyone would pm me email address/cell phone I’ll try to set a meetup prior to the show. IIRC, doors open @ 7:00.
Yeah, I might tag along into the show too. I've got no crew to roll with on this show.

This is the list of who I think is going:Green94Sonny Lubbick Bobblehead Doll (might be headed up there w/o tix)Tremendous UpsideTiger FanSaintfoolIf everyone would pm me email address/cell phone I’ll try to set a meetup prior to the show. IIRC, doors open @ 7:00.
Yeah, I might tag along into the show too. I've got no crew to roll with on this show.
You roll with us Saintfool! :popcorn:

no problem. The more the merrier

What a loser. I didn't realize it was first-come, first-serve. No joke. That's why, if you remember, I tried to put my name in the hat on Tuesday. Typical, not reading/following instructions -- that's what I get. ####. But that wasn't enough, I thought you were supposed to get on at 2:00 P.S.T. That's why I was here. So I read/skimmed that wrong also. Jesus H...

I'm gonna check airline fares later, see if a buddy is going (or got tickets), and maybe I'll bite the bullet and go anyway. Gotta say though, not looking good at all. I have a knack for finding my way into these things but going all the way to Chicago, and getting shut down, well that would be rough.

Green, TU, CONGRATS!! That is ####### awesome. Best show I ever saw was at the Showbox in Seattle, and this will be up there I think. Same deal -- tiny venue, in a city that means a lot to Vedder and stuff. Should be insane. :deadhorse:

Has anyone heard of any other tickets trickling out (from the 10C)? I keep trying, occasionally, as a buddy said this was happening yesterday...
The front page of 10C specifically says that the show is sold out... :goodposting:

http://tenclub.net/news/index.php?what=News#191
Yeah, I just thought there might be the occasional pair that popped up. You know, someone bought tickets in the melee and realizes later they just can't swing it or whatever, and then 10C puts em back up there. I don't know, something like that. We might have seen a post at 10C saying as much, if that was the case. I was just curious if anybody had seen/heard that happen...Hey, have fun man!!

Has anyone heard of any other tickets trickling out (from the 10C)? I keep trying, occasionally, as a buddy said this was happening yesterday...
One of my friends called a ticket broker and the guy didn't even know about the show. Once he explained it to him, the broker called his guys and called my friend back saying there was virtually zero chance of anythign happenening b/c PJ was extrememly firm with the Vic that this was to be fan club only and they weren't tolerating any attempt at scalping or whatnot...That being said, not sure what the laws are in Illinois...but since the fan club has already been taking stuff down at ebay and craiglist, it looks like they're pretty serious.

The front page of 10C specifically says that the show is sold out... :thumbup:

Yeah, I just thought there might be the occasional pair that popped up. You know, someone bought tickets in the melee and realizes later they just can't swing it or whatever, and then 10C puts em back up there. I don't know, something like that. We might have seen a post at 10C saying as much, if that was the case. I was just curious if anybody had seen/heard that happen...Hey, have fun man!!
Oh I will...Full report when I return...

The front page of 10C specifically says that the show is sold out... :)

I think our options have gone to just the streets of Chicago. And from what I can tell from the boards, there were alot of Illinios-ans shut out, making it even more difficult to score next Thurs. I'll be sittin' this epic one out, again. Someday, I tell ya....someday.....(although I've been to two shows that probably would be high on the epic list....Toledo w/ Neil and State Coll :football: ).

One of my friends called a ticket broker and the guy didn't even know about the show. Once he explained it to him, the broker called his guys and called my friend back saying there was virtually zero chance of anythign happenening b/c PJ was extrememly firm with the Vic that this was to be fan club only and they weren't tolerating any attempt at scalping or whatnot...That being said, not sure what the laws are in Illinois...but since the fan club has already been taking stuff down at ebay and craiglist, it looks like they're pretty serious.
Yeah, I'm done. This reminds me of that show out here at the Fonda. Nobody was getting in. Scalpers had an occasional ticket and they'd laugh at anything under a grand. I hustled, lurked and hoped for a break (until the show started)...and then I went out back where the equipment guys and #### were. Earlier I had been trying to find extras in that area and ended up meeting McCready, btw. Anyway, this time the manager, who had seen me before I think, walked out and gave two tickets out to fans -- one to me.Then somehow, we shuffled my friend by the usher as I distracted her. Miracle; probably the hardest show I've got into. That, and Showbox. I'd try for this one, but going to Chicago is just too much. Whoever gets in line EARLY, will get in. They'll reward a few loyal fans. I wonder how tight the Vic is (security)...

The front page of 10C specifically says that the show is sold out... :shrug:

I think our options have gone to just the streets of Chicago. And from what I can tell from the boards, there were alot of Illinios-ans shut out, making it even more difficult to score next Thurs. I'll be sittin' this epic one out, again. Someday, I tell ya....someday.....(although I've been to two shows that probably would be high on the epic list....Toledo w/ Neil and State Coll :goodposting: ).
Yeah, I was at that Neil show. Ridiculous. Don't forget Peter Frampton. :thumbup:

Some pics of the vic: link - look how close the upper balcony is to the stage. Doubt there will be a bad seat in the house, but wondering how they will split seats/floor.

:coffee:

Some pics of the vic: link - look how close the upper balcony is to the stage. Doubt there will be a bad seat in the house, but wondering how they will split seats/floor.

:goodposting:
Cool place. Ed's dad was lounge singer in chi-town. I wonder if he ever played there...Unless you're tall, or get there real early, I'd shoot for the balcony, which is probably closer to the stage than you think. You'll be able set up shop, and see everything.

:thumbup:
From the confirmation email they sent:
1) You and your guest must be at least 18 years of age. This is not an all ages event. ID's will be checked at the point of entry.

2) Ten Club ticket distribution will begin at 4:00pm in the lobby of the Vic Theatre. At 7:00pm, ticket distribution will move to the box office. Tickets will be available for collection until 1/2 hour after Pearl Jam takes the stage.

3) The Ten Club member must be present and show a government-issued photo identification to collect the tickets.

4) WRISTBANDS ONLY!!! Hard tickets will not be distributed. You and your guest will be wristband-ed when identification is presented. Therefore, both you and your guest MUST be available. If you are not both available, you will be instructed to return with your guest to collect the wristbands.

5) DON'T LOSE YOUR WRISTBAND!! Wristbands will NOT be replaced under any circumstance. This is your ticket to the show.

6) Wristbands will give you access to a standing-room, open floor. There are no reserved seats for fan club members. Seniority will not apply.

7) No early entry. All Ten Club members will enter the venue when the doors open. There is no public ticket sale for this show.

8) Doors will open at 7pm. Show will start at 8pm. All times are subject to change.

9) All sales are final. No refunds. No transfers.
Looks like first come first served

You guys might not want to go to that Cubs game...and instead get some beach chairs and booze...
I was thinking the same thing...I wonder when people are going to start queueing up for wristbands...I am torn, I mean if we were the LAST people in the place how bad would it be?But also, how awesome would it be to be right there in front?Worth the fun of the game and seeing Wrigley to get there at 5:30?

You guys might not want to go to that Cubs game...and instead get some beach chairs and booze...
I was thinking the same thing...I wonder when people are going to start queueing up for wristbands...I am torn, I mean if we were the LAST people in the place how bad would it be?But also, how awesome would it be to be right there in front?Worth the fun of the game and seeing Wrigley to get there at 5:30?
I'm sure there will be people who will be sleeping in line on Wed night. While there probably won't be a bad seat in the house, being in front would be freaking amazing. I guess my take is that while Wrigley will be there forever. this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I'm sure there will be people who will be sleeping in line on Wed night. While there probably won't be a bad seat in the house, being in front would be freaking amazing. I guess my take is that while Wrigley will be there forever. this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
I agree...So what time do we start standing on line? As soon as we can get there?

Users who are viewing this thread