What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

You guys might not want to go to that Cubs game...and instead get some beach chairs and booze...
I was thinking the same thing...I wonder when people are going to start queueing up for wristbands...I am torn, I mean if we were the LAST people in the place how bad would it be?But also, how awesome would it be to be right there in front?Worth the fun of the game and seeing Wrigley to get there at 5:30?
I'm sure there will be people who will be sleeping in line on Wed night. While there probably won't be a bad seat in the house, being in front would be freaking amazing. I guess my take is that while Wrigley will be there forever. this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
I agree...So what time do we start standing on line? As soon as we can get there?
My flight lands @ 10:30 - I'll cab it straight there.

You guys might not want to go to that Cubs game...and instead get some beach chairs and booze...
I was thinking the same thing...I wonder when people are going to start queueing up for wristbands...I am torn, I mean if we were the LAST people in the place how bad would it be?But also, how awesome would it be to be right there in front?Worth the fun of the game and seeing Wrigley to get there at 5:30?
I'm sure there will be people who will be sleeping in line on Wed night. While there probably won't be a bad seat in the house, being in front would be freaking amazing. I guess my take is that while Wrigley will be there forever. this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
EXACTLY.

I agree...So what time do we start standing on line? As soon as we can get there?
Sounds good...I'll meet you as soon as I get in town...Still going to try and leave a bit earlier, and have to stop as my hotel (I'm there 4 nights, so I will have some stuff I don't want to lug around at the show)...I can stop for provisions for the line also...Someone in the message pit suggested a great sandwich place nearby...

EXACTLY.
:goodposting: Couldn't agree more...Glad we're on the same page with this...Didn't want to force you into waiting for 10+ hours if you were'nt up for it...

Sounds good...I'll meet you as soon as I get in town...Still going to try and leave a bit earlier, and have to stop as my hotel (I'm there 4 nights, so I will have some stuff I don't want to lug around at the show)...I can stop for provisions for the line also...Someone in the message pit suggested a great sandwich place nearby...
:popcorn:

PJ TO RELEASE ITALY DVD SEPTEMBER 2507.27.07Pearl Jam announces the release of Immagine Nel Telaio "Picture in a Frame", a live concert film chronicling the band's performances and behind-the-scenes footage from the five Italian concerts that took place as part of the band's 2006 European tour. The cities include Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino and Pistoia, Italy.A limited edition commemorative T-shirt will be available for a special price when purchased with Immagine Nel Telaio here during a special pre-sale beginning August 22.Immagine Nel Telaio was directed by renowned photographer, filmmaker and long-time friend of the band, Danny Clinch. The film was shot in a variety of formats from Super-8 to Hi Definition."Picture in a Frame is a film I've really wanted to make," says Clinch. "The band invited me to Italy and gave me the access I needed to show a side seldom seen by their fans. It has become a collaboration as well. The band even offered me some music that has never been heard and Mike went into the studio to create some more music for the soundscapes. This is a look at Pearl Jam that no one has seen yet. A trip through northern Italy with the band, through the document and through abstraction."Track Listing:Severed Hand (Milan)World Wide Suicide (Clips from all Italy dates)Life Wasted (Torino)Corduroy (Verona)State of Love and Trust (MIlan)Porch (Verona)Evenflow (Torino)Better Man (Verona)Alive (MIlan)Blood (Verona)Comatose (Pistoia)Come Back (Pistoia)Rockin' In The Free World (Pistoia).Bonus Tracks:A Quick One While He's Away- with My Morning Jacket (Torino)Throw Your Arms Around Me (Pistoia)Yellow Ledbetter (Milan)
I know this isn't tickets to the Vic show, but it's still good news. To those going to Chicago, have a great ####### time. :unsure:

listening to Yield right now. IMO one of the best sit back, mellow out and drink a beer or six CDs.
Absolutely agree. My current favorite song is "Low Light"--fantastic song.
:thumbdown: always in my top 10.Low Light, Given To Fly, In Hiding, Wishlist - all awesome laid back tunes
GTF, In Hiding & Wishlist are top notch. Yield as a whole is probably my 2nd to least fav PJ album (Riot Act being least fav). Still a great album though

Just popping in to see if people were talking about the Lolla show, and am reading all the stuff on the Vic. I've been to the Vic many, many times. Everyone is right that there is NOT a bad seat in the house. I always head straight for the balcony, though I understand that you might want to be right in front. IMO the balcony acoustics are better than the floor unless it's a very quiet act (floor would have been better when I saw Glen and Marketa there, for instance). Personally I'd do Wrigley first, but sounds like you guys have decided against that. Have a great time! :rolleyes:

FYI: According to my sources, Eddie is doing the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley and there is a good chance he will throw out the opening pitch...

FYI: According to my sources, Eddie is doing the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley and there is a good chance he will throw out the opening pitch...
Thurs or Fri?
Sorry, Friday.
Yeah...I heard that also...How easy is it to get tix around Wirgley day of?Are there people around selling them?Since I only need a single and am willing to wait until after the game strats to get one, I assume I should be able to get one wihtout paying thorugh my nose for it...

shouldn't be a problem to get a ticket. the brokers/scalpers are littered around Wrigley. if you wait until, say, the 2nd or 3rd inning you should be able to get a deal on the price.

shouldn't be a problem to get a ticket. the brokers/scalpers are littered around Wrigley. if you wait until, say, the 2nd or 3rd inning you should be able to get a deal on the price.
Yeah, that's what I figure...I really just want to see the ballpark, see the 7th inning stretch, etc..I'll wait for the 3rd no problem...

Apparently, I'm rolling with my old man and his wife for this show. He just emailed me to confirm "we" were on the list. I haven't been to a show with my dad since I was 11....

Dear Ten Club Member:Yesssss!!! You have successfully purchased a pair of tickets to the PearlJam show at the Vic Theatre on August 2nd.
I can't remember when I have been this happy
What the hell happened here? Did you get on some sort of wait list? How?
Yes, as soon as I was having problems with the website and ordering I sent an email asking if I could be added to the waiting list in case someone backed out or more became available. I did not even think of this but my GF said it would be a good idea and I had nothing to lose by doing it. thank god I listened to her because I thought I had no chance. I later sent another email just to check and they said the list was full due to too many responses. As you can see what I posted earlier I didn't even think I had a chance at getting any. I am just glad I get to go and maybe I will get to see a few of the other footballguys there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Ten Club Member:Yesssss!!! You have successfully purchased a pair of tickets to the PearlJam show at the Vic Theatre on August 2nd.
Yes, as soon as I was having problems with the website and ordering I sent an email asking if I could be added to the waiting list in case someone backed out or more became available. I did not even think of this but my GF said it would be a good idea and I had nothing to lose by doing it. thank god I listened to her because I thought I had no chance. I later sent another email just to check and they said the list was full due to too many responses. As you can see what I posted earlier I didn't even think I had a chance at getting any. I am just glad I get to go and maybe I will get to see a few of the other footballguys there.
Wow. Nice work. :unsure: Um, wanna drink for free all night?

Nice move. :unsure:

Thurs or Fri?
Sorry, Friday.
Yeah...I heard that also...How easy is it to get tix around Wirgley day of?Are there people around selling them?Since I only need a single and am willing to wait until after the game strats to get one, I assume I should be able to get one wihtout paying thorugh my nose for it...
Eddie confirmed singing 7th inning stretch on Friday per Ron Santo (via PJ boards)

Yeah, that's what I figure...I really just want to see the ballpark, see the 7th inning stretch, etc..I'll wait for the 3rd no problem...
TU: Assume I could get you one bleacher seat if you want. Let me know. The prices, sadly, do not really go down that much. People still feel like they can get a lot of value, even through the third.

BRONG said:
TU: Assume I could get you one bleacher seat if you want. Let me know. The prices, sadly, do not really go down that much. People still feel like they can get a lot of value, even through the third.
There is no way ticket prices don't fall as a game goes on.
Actually, they don't. That's what's odd, and why I mentioned it. They do around 6-7th inning. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread