What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I know not everyone is crazy about Stone's solo offering's, but this tune- Remain- is just plain awesome.

So who all is going to Wrigley on Saturday. I'm sure its been discussed, but I'm an idiot. My brother http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showuser=18883 and I will be there, along with a group of 6 or 7 others.
You're going to be pissed...concert is on Friday :excited:

I'll be there with some friends from home...not sure what we're doing before hand...I'm sure hitting up wrigleyville. Any hidden gems we shouldn't miss?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a nice set last night:

PEARL JAM
LONDON, ONTARIO. CA.
JULY 16, 2013
Budweiser Gardens
SET LIST

01. Present Tense
02. Nothing Man
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. London Calling-(Jones, Strummer)/Corduroy
(band plays verse music while Ed sings “London Calling” a few times rather than actual lyrics. Corduroy bridge is rearranged slightly)

05. Mind Your Manners (new song from “Lightning Bolt”)
06. Got Some
07. Given To Fly
08. Sad
09. Alone
10. Even Flow (instead of “never vote republican” Ed says something about Chelios)

(Ed reminisces about touring Canada with Mudhoney and how great it was.. When driving into London for this show he remembered everything about the city. He jokes that while looking up facts about the city he saw a wi-fi network called “Dundas Hookers On Crack” which he thought “London is keeping their sense of humor until he went walking around the hotel and thought there might be something to it. He goes on to say that while Stone was out for a run around the city a guy began smashing a phone against a phone booth while he went past. “This next song is for all the Dundas hookers on crack”.)

11. I Got ####
12. In Hiding
13. Lukin
14. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney)
15. Black
16. Porch (light globes come down from the lighting truss and Ed swings on one a bit.)

Encore Break: Ed introduces the band. “We don’t have to work tomorrow so I will have to check but I think we can stay as late as we want to tonight here in the lovely ‘Budweiser Gardens’. #### beer but a good building.”

17. Last Exit
18. Last Kiss-(Cochran) (played to audience behind the stage. Matt plays a cocktail kit facing the back and the rest of the band joins him there.)

(For this part of the show the guys sit down closer together. The band has a new stage set up and lighting rig. During the first encore a giant “chaos bird” that appears to be made of scrap metal with lights strung throughout it descends from the truss to hang just above the band. There are orange lamps all over the stage and larger globes that descend and rise into the lighting truss. )

19. Parachutes
20. Man Of The Hour
21. Just Breathe
22. Daughter
23. Unthought Known
24. Do The Evolution

Encore Break 2
(Ed re-introduces Jeff and Stone who have switched instruments. He thanks the audience for remaining friends in the seven years since the band has played here)

25. Smile

Ed talks about his hockey playing friends here tonight Tie Dome and hall of famer Chris Chelios. He also dedicates the next song to the “guy in the yellow shirt from Denmark for coming all the way out here and requesting a good song”

26. Brain Of J
27. Better Man
28. Alive
29. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
30. Indifference

Opening up with Present Tense>Nothing Man came out of nowhere. Awesome :headbang:
That whole main set is loaded with goodness.

They just keep kicking ###. Pushing 50? Okay, we'll sit down for part of the set. Still play 30 songs, still diverse and sampling the whole catalog. This setlist makes me even more excited for October.

For a band full of unique sets, that probably takes it up a level with 1-3 and 19-21, among other oddities. Set the bar high for the Fall !

For the less fortunate...looks like there is a possible audio hookup in the PJ forums. I had it emailed to me so I'll check it out later.

Definitely going to try get tickets for Phoenix. What is the best way? Just hit the ticketmaster site right when they go on sale or?

Last edited by a moderator:
if your going to wrigley...pretty sure we'll be at sluggers starting at lunch. send me pm and we can try to meet up for beers
Annyong and I may be up for a pre-show drink or ten(although we'll be in a group of 10 or so)We'll be downtown around 2ish

Super mad props to bull dozier. Met his cousin down here, got his ID and got tix for face value. You better believe there will be a sweet care package sent his way. Another reason what the FDA is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread